Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Wolves of the Cygnus Sign up

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Re: Wolves of the Cygnus Sign up

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:59 am

You know this is off topic but something I have wondered about and since we were talking about auto hitting and everything... What is the proper ettiqutte for using a grappling attack. Like a wrist throw or hip toss without autoing I am not sure how its possible? Anyone any thoughts lol
Join the animal kingdom and release your inner beast

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=29415

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gorgan01 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:05 am

To Pixie: I thought pups were supposed to be liabilities? And surely she'll still be a liability regardless of which option we go for?

To Kyo: Generally you'd say something like "Harojen reached out to grab Garet's wrist, and tried to bend it back in order to snap it." It's then up to Garet to decide what he does in response; either doens't move fast enough, dodges it completly, or something in between. So he might respond "Before he knew what happened, Garet's wrist was firmly held in Harojen's grip. He pulled, backwards, trying to send Harojen off balence."

Of course, if you're aplnning a really big fight scene then the two might decide to allow some godmoding. Something which I've seen works really well is having the two sort out the entire fight in PMs, then post it all up at once to give everyone else a good read.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gorgan01
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:44 am

Whoa planning your moves out ahead of time thats a really smart idea, thanks for the info.

Kyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady_Charlotte on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:59 pm

Hmmm, I sort of like the idea of having everyone being forced into a truce. I don't know if this would be too forward of me to suggest adding this in, but couldn't the townsfolk/guards go looking for Charlotte? Then they could see the wolve's war by chance, and decide to do a little population control?

But I was going to open up another OOC thread, for this rp to see if we could get a new list of people in (its hard for everyone to have something to do with so few). I didn't think it would be fair, to have people sort through all the extra chatter in this thread. Oh, before I do that! Should Urufu be dead or should we try to have the character replaced by another player?

Lady_Charlotte
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:04 am

I know pups are a liability anyway, but I was just thinking on if there's a forced truce, pups make good ambassadors, no? Reactions to pups are ingrained, as are pups reactions to adults are ingrained. Also give more room for playing with the character's personalities. If Salya was told sit by an adult, regardless of whether it's Layuli, Charlotte, Lucifer or Urufu, she'd probably obey instinctively. Also, is the 'swapping' of crests possible, or does the wolf HAVE to die to loose their crest? I've seen somewhere that wolves without crests are frowned upon, so death isn;t a must to remove them.

Last two questions. How many wolves are in each clan? How many pups of what ages are there in each clan?

PixieCP
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey, Ive been enjoying this RP, I think a truce is needed.
Also if anyone has anytime can they teach me how to Rp combat, I have been having a hard time about it.
I think Lady_Chalottes idea is okay, Lucifer could easily lead it in favor of hunting the Light Fangs as well.
And then the humans will just go for both. And for a while both clans would have to team up to fight a common enemy.

Captain Mark
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!