Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

5 years later...

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

5 years later...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starryeyes880 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:00 am

On July 19th 2004, five children, aged 9-13, disappeared. No one knew where they went, who took them, or what happened. The children did not know each other, nor did their families. A week later, all five were found together and unconscious in the middle of a forest. They were all taken to hospitals, where they stayed until they awoke 3 days later. Not one of the five remembered what happened. They had no memory of even being kidnapped. When they returned home, nothing seemed out of the ordinary and they all carried on with their lives. Their parents were a little spooked, but the incident was soon in the backs of everyone's minds.

It is July 19th 2009, exactly five years after the disappearances. The five children and their families are, by some freaky coincidence, all staying in the same hotel for a week long vacation. Everything seems perfectly normal, until the kids meet each other. Then things really start getting strange. First strange thing: they all suddenly remember what happened the week they disappeared five years ago.

I don't want to give away a lot just yet. If you're interested, fill out a character sheet. If enough people are interested, I will reveal more.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (between 14 and 18 years)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (picture or description is fine)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]

Please keep in mind, I will probably add a little more to the character sheets if enough people are interested. Don't stress over it, though. It's just stuff I want to keep hidden for the time being because it would give away too much.
For the biography, please post a 4 sentence minimum bio. I'd just like to get a feel for your writing style.

Your character's family members can be NPC during the roleplay. And their bio should include some sort of secret (small or big) kept from the child until a certain point in their life. They do not have to know about the secret yet, though. The secret will play into everything later.

One last thing.
I'm looking for literate roleplayers. A two paragraph minimum would be much appreciated. I completely understand writer's block, though, and won't get mad if you make a shorter post. I'm not super picky. Just no one liners, please. And don't use writer's block as an excuse multiple times. It gets old. Besides, longer posts are more fun. As for spelling/grammar mistakes... I don't mind them if they don't interfere with understanding. We all make mistakes. So yeah. That's about it.

Characters
9-year-old (now 14): Avala-Zerlina - Forensic_Anthro
10-year-old (now 15): Aspyn - Sky Harper
11-year-old (now 16)
12-year-old (now 17): Michelle - Starryeyes880
13-year-old (now 18): Rafael - wednesdaysun
Family Members

My character
Name: Michelle DeLaRose
Sexuality: straight
Appearance: Image
Personality: Michelle is sweet, caring, and very cheerful. She is rarely seen without a smile on her face and is always trying to help those she cares about. She would do anything for her friends and family. She is a hard worker, but knows when to take a break and relax.
Family: mother- Isabelle, father- unknown, twin brother- Mitchel
Biography: Michelle and Mitchel were born to Isabelle DeLaRose on a cool spring evening. They grew up not knowing their father, for he had died in a car accident when they were babies. At least, that's what their mother told them. When she was 10, Michelle found out what had really happened. Her father was, in fact, still alive. He had left Isabelle for his mistress shortly after the birth of Michelle and her brother. Michelle was hurt by this, but she didn't let it get her down too much. She has been secretly trying to find her father and find out exactly who he is and who the woman he left with is. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary has happened.... nothing that Michelle remembers anyway. Her brother and mother broth remember the day she disappeared 5 years ago. Michelle hasn't talked about it since, for they had gotten into a lot of arguments the first few days she was back. Life has since gone on. Michelle graduated high school a year early and is now preparing herself for college.
Last edited by Starryeyes880 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Starryeyes880
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: 5 years later...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 am

Can I reserve 11-year old? I'll get the CS up in about 24 hours from this post (I'm Australian, so completely different time zone).
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris' computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo's hiding.
Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet as Chuck Norris.

What do you call a black man flying a plane?
A pilot, you racist.

Got Rice?

Twilight is the story of a girl's choice between necrophilia and bestiality.

My new RP: Life Imitating Art.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sky Harper on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:54 am

Name:Aspyn Noelle Cambridge.
Sexuality:Straight.
Appearance:

Personality:Aspyn has a very captivating personality. She is bubbly and loving, and is always eager to put the needs of others before her own. She has her dark days, however, as she seems to have reoccurring nightmares about a forest. She doesn't know what they mean, though, so she tries not to think about it too often.

Family:Aspyn is the middle child of five, all parented by Allyson and Andre Cambridge. Her older siblings are Austyn, 19, and Abygail, 17. Her younger siblings are Aadyn,5, and Addisyn, 2.

Biography:Born September 28th, Aspyn came into the world a whole month early. She was small, and not expected to live, but she put that belief to a stop three weeks later when she was brought home. Since then, Aspyn was always striven to succeed in anything that she did. She walked by the time she was ten months old, spoke in four word sentences by the time she was 15 months.

When Aspyn went missing, her family was a wreck. Her father organized so many search teams, that it was a surprise to them all when she was found, along with four others, in an area of woods where one group swore to have looked. Her parents were just happy to have her home. After that day, Aspyn became a lot more attached to her parents. She had no idea why the sudden change, but figured it had something to do with the dreams.

But something happened that made Aspyn pull away from her parents, something that she wasn't sure why they had kept it from her. In truth, Aspyn is not the biological daughter of Andre and Allyson. She is actually their niece. Allyson's sister was four months pregnant with Aspyn when she started drinking and using drugs. She wasn't ready for motherhood, so was trying any way to get rid of the unborn fetus. Furious, Allyson and Andre stepped in, and adopted Aspyn as their own.
Like Neopets, but want something better? Tell them 873 sent you! :}
[Psst! It's awesome!]

Sky Harper
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:41 am

Can I take the 13 year old?
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:44 am

--NAME--
Avala-Zerlina Wepplo

--AGE--

--SEX--
Female

--SEXUAL ORIENTATION--
Heterosexual

--APPEARANCE--

--PERSONALITY--
A sweet, quiet, innocent girl who'd rather watch a fight than be in it. She prefers dancing and singing over talking and sitting. She has a perky personality altogether, and music and learning seem to be one with her. She loves reading and writing, but hates Mathematics. Unusually, she loves Anthropology of all kinds.
Her favorite subjects are Science and Literature, and the subjects that she loathes are Mathematics and History.
On the downside she has Mysophobia and Hypochondria. She strives to be perfect and to learn everything that she can in life.

--FAMILY--
Sister: Nyxatria-Nyalitris Wepplo ( Age 9 )
Sister: Alyssa Wepplo ( Age 9 )
Brother: Matthew Wepplo ( Age 8 )
Mother: Maggie Wepplo ( Portuguese )
Father: Jim Wepplo ( German )

--BIOGRAPHY--
Avala-Zerlina Wepplo was born to a German salesman and a Portuguese dancer in Sergipe, Brazil.
She grew up with few friends, and the few that she had were distraught at her disappearance at age nine.
She had severe Mysophobia and Hypochondria, plus the fact that she was deaf in her right ear, made her often the subject of criticism.
She loathes bullies and fighting, and was always the one to break up fights, thus came about the nickname 'Teachers Pet'.
Another nickname she gained through her years of school was 'Walking Dictionary of Weirdness', because she seemed to know everything, though she didn't flaunt it knowingly, answers seemed to just spout from her, and she is often found reading or studying as well as dancing or singing.

--FORGETTING--
She was hit upside the head at just the right angle, causing her to forget. The memory is still there though, waiting to be revealed.

--REMEMBERING--
Anger at the people whom took her away from her family and friends as well as her strong bond with two friends, Mari and Caiti caused her to remember.

--RECOGNIZING--
She faintly recognizes the other kids, but in her memories they are just fuzzy shapes.
Last edited by Forensic_Anthro on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
noot noot

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCinderellaGirlxXx on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:03 am

I'd like to take a family member. Profile shall be up when I get home from school so around 3-ish.

xXxCinderellaGirlxXx
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:33 am

*EDIT.
[[ Oh, about the Dutch thing. I don't know a single word of Dutch, so please forgive me if Rafe describes it as a "mumbo jumbo of words", or "unintelligible chatter". Thanks. :) ]]

Name: Rafael De Graff
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance:

Personality: Rafael, or Rafe as he prefers to be called, is a very taciturn person, preferring not to speak unless necessary. When he does speak, it is either to deliver a one-liner or say something sensible. On the inside, he is very cheerful, and enjoys being around people, but that changed when he was kidnapped. He began to harden and lose trust towards the world.
Family: Staas De Graff = father
Laura De Graff = mother
Ilse De Graff = second sister (20)
Janneke De Graff-Oldman = eldest sister (24)
Koos De Graff = eldest brother (26)
Biography: Rafe was born in Zundert, Noord Brabant, in the Netherlands, on February 15. When he hit 5, he and his family moved to the US, where his family eventually settled down. His father, Staas, became the owner of a line of stores in the area, and his mother became a clothing designer. He didn't learn how to speak Dutch, so his older siblings would often speak Dutch to hide private conversations from him.

He was a good student, often excelling in most of his subjects. He had a thirst for knowledge. He was good with all the "cliques", and didn't wish to start any fights. Until one day, he was missing. His entire family panicked, his father calling his relatives back home that their son was missing. Until Koos accidentally found him a week later.

Koos was walking in the woods, looking for the compass he had lost a day or two ago, until he found the five children. He yelled for help, and took his brother to the hospital, alerting people on the way there.

Time passed by, and Rafe got over the kidnapping, though not remembering a bit how he got in the woods.

How he "forgot": Rafe stopped speaking for a year after the kidnapping. He soon started talking a little and started focusing more on his studies, and his interests. He did not forget much, however, and remained taciturn. Had he not focused on his studies and his hobbies, he would have remained silent for the rest of his life.

How he reacts to remembering: A lot of his remembering happens in his bedroom, when he lies down on his bed and stares at the ceiling.
When he remembers not to tell, he has mixed emotions, fearing somebody he knew might disappear. But someone has to know. (This is one of Rafe's personal struggles.)

Does he recognize the other kids? Who does he recognize the most (if yes)?: He does remember their faces and that majority of them were girls, but he doesn't remember their names.
Last edited by wednesdaysun on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starryeyes880 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:41 am

Chinesefireball: yeah! of course you can :D
Cinderellagirl: that's great! just make sure you double check with the roleplayer who's family member you will be playing

all characters already applied for are accepted.
I'll post the extra parts in the bio once the last child's bio is posted. I can't post now anyway because of school :P
I'll also leave this open for a bit after in case anyone else would like to play family members.

Thanks for joining everyone :D

Starryeyes880
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crazylilactress on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:54 am

I'd like to reserve a place, if I may? I'm in class right now, not really a good time to actually post anything. I'll post a bio sometime today!
here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama. Fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama, llama, duck

crazylilactress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCinderellaGirlxXx on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Wednesdaysun: do you mind if I play your sister?

xXxCinderellaGirlxXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crazylilactress on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Erm . . . sorry to be the Bad News Bear here, but I'm gonna have to drop. Stuff's come up, so . . . yeah. Sorry guys! Another time.

crazylilactress
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:44 pm

@xXxCinderellaGirlxXx I don't mind. Ilse or Janneke?

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCinderellaGirlxXx on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:09 pm

wednesdaysun Janneke if you don't mind. If you have specific things you want in her profile then feel free to PM me about it. I welcome any ideas if you have them. :)

xXxCinderellaGirlxXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starryeyes880 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Okay. Ready for it?

Past (2004)

The five children that were kidnapped never got to see the man behind the kidnapping, only his minions. The man talked to them now and then, but never appeared before them. They were not harmed in any way and were treated fairly well for the week they were missing. The only thing that wasn't pleasant was the tests they were put through. They never lasted longer than an hour and didn't cause much pain... they were just tedious to sit through for the kids and they weren't allowed to know what was going on or why they were being put through the strange tests. The one thing they were told over and over was that their parents/families were keeping a secret from them.

On the last day in captivity, each of the children was told that they would one day find out the secret being kept from them. They were also told that if they told anyone about what had happened during the week, the person they told would disappear and never be seen again. Two children were put through one last test and they genuinely do not remember anything. The other three have, like their families, just pushed it to the back of their minds and avoided thinking about it.

Present (2009)

It is not by mere coincidence that the five families are vacationing at the same hotel at the same time exactly five years after the disappearances. Through careful planning, the kidnapper made sure all five families ended up there at the same time. The five minions that the children had seen are also in the hotel, studying them. The five children had only met once during the week they were missing, and that was when they were brought to the forest and before they were knocked unconscious. Some vaguely remember the others, some don't. After the five have met each other, the minions come into play, acting as if they don't know the children. They may talk to them or simply walk past them. Their only purpose is to study their reactions and see what happens.

--This will all happen in the roleplay--
As the week progresses, the minions make an effort to talk to the teens and get to know them a little, just as acquaintances. But they soon start mentioning secrets and how they're the most annoying things ever. They eventually start pushing the teens to find out secrets being kept from them by any means necessary.

Character Information
This is the extra info I need in your character profiles.

Code: Select all
[b]How they "forgot"[/b]: (first two to say they lost the memory get it. everyone else has to decide otherwise)
[b]How they react to remembering[/b]: (can be any way. anger, sadness, fear, etc. be creative)
[b]Do they recognize the other kids? Who do they recognize the most (if yes)?[/b]:

I will post the IC very soon

The minions will be NPC'd by myself for the start. Later on when they interact with the characters, you guys will be able to NPC them if you like.
The "boss's" reasoning for all of this will not be revealed until much later in the rp because I think that way it will be more interesting.

Starryeyes880
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sky Harper on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Do we post the extra stuff in a new post, or edit our original one?

Sky Harper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starryeyes880 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:02 am

Either or is perfectly fine

Starryeyes880
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sky Harper on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:07 am

How they "forgot": Aspyn's parents got her involved in a lot of positive things, such as music, art, and sports. After a year or so, Aspyn stopped remembering. She still has occasional dreams about the forest and tests, but pushes those to the back of her mind.

How they react to remembering: When Aspyn does remember something that happened, she submerges herself in her artwork and music. She has taught herself how to play the piano and violin, and has even started helping out in a dance class for three to seven year old children.

Do they recognize the other kids? Who do they recognize the most (if yes)?: When Aspyn first sees the other kids, she thinks that they look awfully familiar, but doesn't know where she remembers them from.

Sky Harper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:18 am

I edited my post with the new info.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:19 am

Unreserve me, please. I'm sorry, but I don't have the mental capacity or time to deal with the RPs I am doing and mountainloads of schoolwork.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCinderellaGirlxXx on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Name: Janneke De Graff-Oldman
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Image
Personality: Janneke is a very outgoing and eccentric person. Though her first language was dutch she adapated englsih well and she works great with other people. She doesn't trust other people to well due to the fact thather brother was kidnapped but then again she doesn't shut them out either. She welcomes all friendly interaction. She loves to laugh and have fun. Janneke has a wonder for anything. Whether it be knowledge or just a new electronic device that has come out.
Family:
Staas De Graff = father
Laura De Graff = mother
Ilse De Graff = second sister (20)
Koos De Graff = eldest brother (26)
Rafael De Graff = youngest brother (18)
Biography: Janneke De Graff-Oldman was born on December 7 to Staas and Laura De Graff in Noord Braband, Netherlands. She is the second oldest in her family, the oldest girl. When she was 11 years of age her family packed everything up and moved to the U.S. Her father Staas became the owner of a line of dutch stores in the area and his mother became a clothing designer. Entering high school, Janneke had always exuded a certain glow of confidence and she was accepted easily by the popular kids. She was on the cheerleading, yearbook, and photoraphy clubs in school. Her love for people easily made her a great amount of friends and she managed to outshine her peers. When she was 18 years of age she met her now husband Joesph Oldman. They were friends the first couple months but then became something more serious. After her brother Rafael was kidnapped it took her awhile to really let Joesph in for she didn't know what kind of tricks he would pull. Eventually, they got married when she turned 21 and they are now expecting their first child.

OOC: I used some of the bio in Rafael's bio so that our stories would correspond. :)

xXxCinderellaGirlxXx
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!