Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The 51st Annual Hunger Games. (Sign-ups and OOC)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Re: The 51st Annual Hunger Games. (Sign-ups and OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:38 am

hehe sorry xP It wasn't really an ad though, just seeing if anyone was interested...which is the same thing as an ad, actually o_O I fail. yeah.

Actually, I'll switch Iggy to a career :3 I think it's a better idea :D I'll put him in District 1 and change his age to 17, also his training score to 9, if that's alright? ^^

oh oh oh and what's the arena gonna be like? :D or is it a secret??

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Harta
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:24 pm

I have a very good Idea about it, though ofcourse its going to be secret, ill desribe what your wearing, the type of supplies/weapons available and a detialed description of the arena in my firts post, like a narrations for the viewers type thing. :D
and yeah thats all fine, ill just change it in the first post! TY x
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:39 pm

IC is up now: the-51st-annual-hunger-games-t38456.html

If im posting as Adeline my post will be black as normal, if im posting something to do with the gamemakers - therefore maybe effecting your character - then the posts will be in red, make sure you read them. So begin posting, the gong hasn't sounded yet, your character still has to wait 60 seconds, the first posts are just to survery your surroundings. Kay?

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 am

Right I'm going to make myself another character, because i think we need another career.
Though the two places left are still going to be NPCs played by whoever allies with them, aka: everyone playing a career can control the other two characters if someone wants to create a basic, name age training score for either the female of distirct 2 or the male from district 4 please do, if not by the time to blood bath is over, i'll just make two simple generic ones.
I'm going to have district twos male for myself:

Name: Ciaron Skrit
District: 2
Volunteered?: Yes, it was his last chance and a scrawny twelve year old was drawn at the reaping, he couldn't let them steal his last shot at fame.
Height: 6"2
Appearance: Tall and muscular, despite having a think frame. Short black hair that spikes up in all angles of its own accord with a very handsome face, a type of appearence the ladies of the Capitol are bound to fall for.
Special Talent: He has a talent with aim, knives, blow pipes, arrows, pikes... his aim is imaculate.
Score In Training: 9
Who's waiting back home: His large family of 3 sisters 4 brothers and both of his parents, one of his grandfathers and large collection of cousins.
Anything else: His grandfather came with him to the Capitol, in the form of a mentor, and previous victor.
Think they can win?: He thinks his grandfathers blood and his skills will ensure him the title, that and the Capitols gifts so a handsome desendant of the 32nd Hunger Games champion.

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:21 am

I know this is my third post in a row, but hey.
If you could write the tributes your character has killed (making sure they're the ones that have no one playing them)
then i can strike them off on the GM post on the IC.

Adeline: Nobody.
Ciaron: District 6's male.
District 4's male.
District 3's female.
District 12's male.

Also on the GM post i'll put who killed them, as it will increase the chance of sponsers and therefore gifts.
again, i want to remind people that if you want your tribute to recieve a gift, check with me first so its not ridiculous or unfeasable, as i am the gamemasters too >=)

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 am

Thahira: Nobody
Iggy: District 5 female tribute, District 8 male tribute

---

correct me if I addicentaly killed someone important o.o

Harta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Harta, permission for Ciaron to slit her throat, if you would be so kind?

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harta on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:23 pm

gladly. go ahead ^^ (teehee)

btw, sorry for late reply. computer was broken @.@

Harta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MirandaFear on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Name: Velvet Marquis
District: 2
Volunteered?: No
Height: 5'7''
Appearance: (picture or text, preferably not manga): Image
Special Talent: She can hit almost every pressure point on the human body, but she usually goes for the neck.
Score In Training: 10
Who's waiting back home: Her little sister, Opal. Image
Anything else: Comming from District 2, she has a lot of medical history such as knowing what plants can heal/kill and all that medical stuff.
Think they can win?: Most definately.

MirandaFear
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:55 am

Sure, go right ahead though im not promising anything as it's been pretty dead for awhile noe. but if people start posting again then there we go, :)

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby benurussell on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Name:Beau Russell
District: 4
Volunteered?:(if yes, why?) Because I am not a very good fisher, and I feel like I need a purpose. So if I am less valuable than others, than why should they go and not me?
Height:5''2
Appearance: (picture or text, preferably not manga)/ Computer wont do it, but the guy from stormbreaker
Special Talent: Camo
Score In Training:8
Who's waiting back home:Mom and Dad
Anything else:No
Think they can win?: No

benurussell
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moksha-Achieved on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 pm

I know I'm new, but give me a chance, I'll show ya I'm no newbie at this :)

Name: Jugg Hewitt
District: 11
Volunteered?: Yes, there's a large back story on this that I have set up. I was hoping we'd be able to get into that during the Rp, but if you just want me to summarize it here, that's cool
Height: 6'8"
Appearance: He is a large, hulking boy with toned muscles and dark black skin. Image
Only, he'd look a bit younger then that. Basically a strong black guy, you get the idea.
Special Talent: Years of fighting experience makes him a good fighter. That's about it.
Score In Training: 1 - On account that he publicly stated (during the interview) that he had no interest in winning whatsoever.
Who's waiting back home: No one.
Anything else: At the age of 10, his older brother was chosen for the games, and died during the bloodbath. This has influenced Jugg's way of thinking greatly.
Think they can win?: No, absolutely not.

I'd like to have a second character, I have something in mind for Jugg, and I'd like someone to play around with once the dude's gone.

Name: Derick Schaumacher
District: 7
Volunteered?: Nope.
Height: 6'2"
Appearance: Blonde haired, blue eyed. His body tone is average-ly slender, and... thats kind of it, he's a bit boring.
Special Talent: Made a living by fletching arrows and carving other cool stuff out of wood. Very handy with a knife. Father is a butcher, so he has been taught how to clean animals, and to some extent, cook them.
Score In Training: 6
Who's waiting back home: Only his father, Butch the Butcher.
Anything else: He does his best not to think about the death aspect of the games, and tries to view it as just a game.
Think they can win?: Thinks he has a fair chance.

Moksha-Achieved
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moksha-Achieved on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Ah... just read that things are slowing down.... well, I'll bookmark it and hope it comes to life haha

Moksha-Achieved
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:30 am

Apologies for the VERY late reply moshka, you can join and post etc. if you're still interested.. But as you've pointed out it's pretty dead, though if it gets a few more posts obviously we can kick start some life back into it.
If in the new year it still hasn't had any luck I'm going to restart so you're welcome to a reserved place for Jugg and Derick. x

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Navinanok on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Name: Cassidee Ahmasin
District: 8
Volunteered: Yes. Her 17 year old pregnant sister was chosen, so she stepped forth.
Height: 5' 4'
Appearance: tan skin, deep green eyes, dark brown long hair that she keeps in a intricate bun. Kind to her friends but hostile and cunning toward anyone else
Special Talent: Extremely fast, skilled at setting traps, skilled with a knife
Scoring in Training: 5
Whos waiting back home: Her big sister Meg, her new neice and her bestfriend Drew.
Anything else: Her brother was a tribute two games ago.
Thinks they can win: Shes gonna try her best

Navinanok
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Sorry Navinanok, this RP died a long while ago.

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:04 am

Okay everyone,I know this roleplay was a very long time ago. And the thing itself died out pretty quickly.
But I've had a PM with interest, and now that the whole trilogy is published I'm sure they'll be some new people interested.
So I'm thinking of rebooting it. If any of you are interested, leave a message on here, and we'll see.
If I get at least three others interested then I'll make a new sign up for it.

And just to warn you all in advance, it will be a thread based roleplay. I find it much easier to get on with personally. Thanks.

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finnish roleplayer on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I just happened to come across this forum just now, and I would like to Volunteer to Hunger Games.

However, I have few problems/ questions first:
1) I've just read the first book of the trilogy (3 times, but still...): is it ok? I could read the rest fast if I really have to...
Also: I've read the book only in finnish (which happens to be my native language), so you'll might have to remind me of some terms you use here (for excemble: "Careers" must be those professonal tributes, which have been (illegally) trained for the game, right?)

2) I'm having a longer travel on the next week, so I can't really say if I'm going to even able to post here then (if the game even starts by then).
I'm also having some important tests coming up during the spring, which can affect my activity here (but I'd be able to post at lest that minimum of 2 times per week).

3) This is first time I'm ever participating roleplaying via internet: is there something I should know?
However, I have played roleplays before (in finnish, thought), and even gamemastered few!

There's also another reason I should be let to play:
I don't have really any expectations for my character, so I can play anything You want: for excemble, those careers seem to be least wanted charactes (althought they are likely to win...), and I would be happy to play as one!
I don't really care if my character wins or not, and I can even be killed at the very beginnign: let the dice decide.

I post my character if you want me to play.

(I've already posted this comment once, but I can't see it for some reason: lag, maybe? anyway, sorry if I'm spamming)

Also: one idea:
I think there should be less than 10 players in one game, so things could work little smoother.
But then there should be multible games going on, so everyone could play.

Just an idea: like I said, I've never roleplayed like this.

The Finnish Roleplayer

Finnish roleplayer
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm

1) Not having read all the books is fine, as this roleplay would take play before the books.
2) It's not definite this roleplay will start up again, so you don't have to worry about next week. But I do prefer atleast one post a day in the week and two at weekends. This doesn't have to happen but I find it works better.
3) That doesn't matter. You just need to follow the basic rules for every roleplay. Don't control other peoples characters, and don't make you're character unbeatable and better than everyone else's (a term we use for these characters is a "mary sue" if you don't use that term...)

As for the fact English is a second language, that really doesn't bother me. But I suggest perhaps using an english spell checker before you post just to make sure. And perhaps a grammar checker if you feel unsure. I understand how hard it is to learn a second language as I myself know some (very basic) Russian.

As for your idea: In my first ever post I say that we only need the final eight. As all the other 'tributes' can die on the first day in the blood bath.

PM me if you would like.

I can't guarantee this roleplay is even going to start again however. So don't get your hopes up.

Immy x

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finnish roleplayer on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 pm

ImmortalEcstasy wrote:-- PM me if you would like. --

I tried to send you private message with an address I found from your profile, but somehow I couldn't send it; it just came back. I wonder why....

Anyway, what do you want me to send you? Just my e-mail address, or even my character information already?
Or is it even kind of "private message" (PM) you meant? Sorry, but I really have no idea of anything or how it works :)

Could you clarify, "Immy"?

Oh, You also said in your post:
ImmortalEcstasy wrote:I can't guarantee this roleplay is even going to start again however. So don't get your hopes up.

I understand complitely, however, I think the odds...
Are Always in Our favor! (Hunger games refrence, I had to have that)

Finnish Roleplayer

Finnish roleplayer
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!