Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Looking for writers to join existing roleplay.

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Looking for writers to join existing roleplay.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:56 pm

UPDATE: (23 April 2011)
I am looking for a few new writers to join an existing story. If you think that might be you, please take the time to read this. It shouldn't be longer than ten minutes, and if you do decide to join, it will be a valuable investment.

INVITATION

I am looking for players to take on some challenging, unconventional roles in my current roleplay When the Lion Wakes. I am looking for writers who are willing to take on a challenge, to write from the point of view of a character who is nothing like them, and who can sympathetically and realistically portray some rather unsympathetic people. In short, I am looking for dedicated, skilled writers willing to take on thought-provoking, vital to plot, and unorthodox roles within this roleplay.

We actually started in March 2010, but don't let that scare you. Despite being around for thirteen months, we have collectively produced a grand total of 113 posts (as of 23 April 2011) on six pages of a single forum thread. I'm looking for new writers because around 80% or more of our original group has either withdrawn from the roleplay or disappeared from the site without explanation. If you've read this far, you're probably part of the group I'm targeting with this posting.

Players must be mature enough to address, discuss, and explore some controversial and potentially inflammatory themes with sensitivity, discretion, and thoughtfulness. Specifically, many of the "tag" keywords for this roleplay evoke themes such as terrorism, religious extremism, national intrigue, journalist ethics, and international politics.

BRIEF PLOT INTRODUCTION

The basic premise of the plot of this roleplay is that FBI Ten Most Wanted fugitive, Tahira Ali, one of the leaders of the terrorist organization Hataf, has voluntarily entered the United States offering information on an imminent Hataf attack. The plot is not intended to revolve around the character of Ali, but rather to use this event (detailed in prose in the first IC post) as the premise and background for the rest of the story, permitting the players to write their own storylines with one another, either closely related to the Ali storyline, or distantly related (or hardly related at all.) Since we've started, there have been a few major developments of which everyone ought to be aware, whether or not their characters would be directly affected. These are discussed in the OOC thread (linked below.)

WHAT WE ARE NOT
- We do not have minimum post lengths.
- We do not demand posts once a day or even once a week. (Once a month at minimum is the target range.)
- We do not force all players or characters to be involved with the GM's storyline. (In fact, it shouldn't revolve around me.)
- We are not a hatefest. We vehemently and absolutely condemn all forms of violence, threats, intimidation, bullying, and out of character disrespect in any form.
- We are not a tabletop-type game or a plot-driven roleplay. (Instead, we are character-driven and player-driven.)
- We're also not a group of experts. If you have expertise with the military or government, great. If you don't, have no fear. We don't expect players to come to the table with insider knowledge or experience.

PLAYER EXPECTATIONS
- If you cannot keep up with posting once a month, I expect to be informed. (This is polite and shows respect for the other players.) And as long as I know, it's fine.
- I do expect sensitivity. Keep tensions and negativity in character. Always treat other writers with respect in public and in private.
- I do expect you to check the OOC thread if someone posts there.
- I do expect effort in your posts. While I don't require a minimum length, I would like to see your abilities showcased in your posts.
- I do expect you to read others' posts, including those of people with whom your character does not interact. This shows interest in the other aspects of the story.
- Your characters are the focus of this roleplay. Their character arcs and the ways in which they intersect (or not) with one another determine the scope and direction of the story.

CHARACTER POSSIBILITIES

Your characters do not have to be affiliated with a government or a terrorist organization. Your character could be a journalist, a lawyer, a university student, a high school teacher, a musician, a writer, the neighbor of a suspected terrorist, a religious leader, a businessman, or just about any other ordinary person imaginable. That being said, you are welcome to take up a government or terrorist role. (More information on the terrorists below.) It would be nice to have some more law enforcement and intelligence characters, if that's something that strikes your fancy. The current IC and OOC threads list all of the characters (but as I said, the majority of their players have disappeared) if you want an idea of some of the options available to you.

As this is a character driven roleplay, the appearance, past, personality, and other attributes of your character should be developed completely by you, and should be not only realistic, but also compelling, providing a 'hook' for the character's motivation (including the superobjective.) Players are highly encouraged to develop backstory connections between their characters through collaboration, as well as develop plot twists and subplots of their own, without too much supervision from myself.

For players who are interested in playing characters associated with Hataf, the fictitious terrorist organization in the roleplay:

Hataf considers itself to be an enlightened, twenty-first century, postmodernist version of most so-called "Islamic" terrorist organizations. It promotes an apocalyptic ideology centering on the idea that it is now the endtimes; and their mission is to bring about the end of all time in order to bring glory to God. Its leaders are both men and women of all nationalities and languages and its size and influence is frighteningly large. (See my profile of the organization in the OOC segment here.) Players who agree to take up a Hataf role may take on the role of a Hataf leader, a leader of one of Hataf's sub-organizations (see the link), a mid-level member, a clandestine operative, an outside contractor, a liaison to another non-terrorist or terrorist organization, a sleeper cell member, or any other role imaginable within the breadth of such a large organization.

Players who agree to take up a Hataf role should bear in mind that -- a.) Hataf is entirely fictitious. b.) None of the roleplayers participating in When the Lion Wakes espouse any of its ideology, any violent or apocalyptic rhetoric, or any extremist positions whatsoever. -- and should therefore portray their characters with great sensitivity, recognizing that there are many very real people who may be easily offended by an insensitive treatment of these topics. The vast majority of Muslims do not condone any form of terrorism, and many people in the world, of all nations and all faiths, have been affected adversely by acts of terrorism. Even today, there is an ongoing "War on Terror". Players who take on these roles should be sensitive to these facts and should portray their characters accordingly.

TO SUBMIT YOUR CHARACTER
We are using the roleplay tab only for character submissions, and a traditional forum thread for the IC thread. Please contact me via PM, or directly submit your character via the roleplay tab, if you are interested. If you don't know how to do this or are unsure how to proceed, please contact me directly. Also, if you do submit a profile via the tab, chances are that I will not notice (GMs are not informed when characters are submitted), so please inform me that you have submitted (and send a link.)

LINKS TO OOC AND IC THREADS

The OOC thread is here, and the IC thread has been posted here. We are still accepting characters. To submit characters, use the roleplay tab page located here.

QUESTION NOT ANSWERED?

If you have questions or other concerns, please send me a PM or post here and I will do my best to allay your concerns. I would love to have you!

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Looking for writers to take on a challenging role.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun May 09, 2010 4:39 pm

We still need players to fill in these roles - there is one player other than myself who has taken on a Hataf role, and more players would balance out the story a bit more. I will officially be accepting characters through April; however, if you are interested in joining but won't be able to get up a sheet until May, simply let me know via PM, and I will be more than happy to accommodate you. We are looking to open up the process, not close it down.

Again, I am still looking for players for Hataf characters - you are much needed. You will not be relegated to a 'background' role (unless you take it upon yourself to do that, of your own volition), and you are not only necessary for plot, but will also add a unique element and dimension to a roleplay intended to be character driven, and truly a piece of collaborative writing, not merely one player competing against another for a larger role, or longer posts.

If you have questions or concerns about this roleplay, don't hesitate to let me know. I am more than happy to assuage concerns, and answer any questions.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon May 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi,

I am still looking for players for the following generalized roles:

Hataf members and leaders.
FBI agents.
CIA agents.

I will also still accept other character ideas, if you have another idea for a character who would add another dimension to the story.

Also, if you submit a character, please, please, please send me a PM to notify me that you have submitted a profile. The new system does not notify me when sheets are submitted, so I will not notice without you sending me a PM.

And as always, if you have any questions or concerns, or would like clarification on anything, please let me know.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

I am interested in participating, the idea is alluring.

- / / Synthetic Fade
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon May 10, 2010 1:41 pm

- / / Synthetic Fade (wow, that is an interesting username! I like your user of punctuation!), please feel free to post any questions and the like here, or send me a private message directly. Let me know when you've posted a character sheet. If the site doesn't let you send PMs until you've made a certain number of forum posts, then please post here, or in the OOC thread so I know to review your profile.

What role are you interested in taking up?

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Ah, alright. My apologies for the belated response. I'm not discriminate when it comes to literary personae, why don't you pick it for me?

- / / Synthetic Fade
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed May 26, 2010 10:25 pm

I could use someone else in the role of a Hataf terrorist, so by all means, draft a profile for such a character. As noted in the original post of this announcement, you can take on the role of a Hataf leader, a leader of one of Hataf's sub-organizations (see the linked chart above), a mid-level member, a clandestine operative, an outside contractor, a liaison to another non-terrorist or terrorist organization, a sleeper cell member, or any other role imaginable within the breadth of such a large organization. You can and should develop your character otherwise completely on your own - the name, appearance, background, personality, and such. Again, for questions and such, just let me know.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Still accepting characters.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Update: Still looking for characters, preferably

FBI AGENTS,
CIA AGENTS,
TERRORISTS.

OTHERS are also accepted. The above list is not exclusive.
Please PM me with questions.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Re: Looking for writers to join existing roleplay.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:38 pm

UPDATE: (23 April 2011)
I am looking for a few new writers to join an existing story. If you think that might be you, please take the time to read the first post of this thread. It shouldn't be longer than ten minutes, and if you do decide to join, it will be a valuable investment.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Hey peeps, I'm looking to involve myself in a nationalist Russian plotline in the middle east. If anyone's interested in playing roles involved, or tying in an existing character, I'd be ecstatic! I could really deal with some 'customers' once I get the character up, but ruskies, both in the sandbox and back in the rodina are also welcome.

I've spoken with Ylanne about it, and she's quite pleased. Opponents, allies and associates are all welcome. If you're interested in the plot, please shoot me a message and I'll do my best to relate it to you.

Spasipa, tovarischi. And if my plot doesn't interest you, there's a whole world of possibilities with this RP, so take a gander, there's surely something to catch your fancy!

-Ottoman

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:32 pm

I can't wait to see who else you recruit! I interested barney_fife and MisterMars, so hopefully more of y'all will join. Please post links to your character profiles in the OOC thread, thanks.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:41 pm

It would be nice if anyone had ideas for the following sort of characters:

- Folks from the Middle East
- Folks from Europe
- Civilians (not working for a government, paramilitary company, or terrorist organization)
- Members of Hataf
- Fellow Russians, so Ottoman isn't alone in his quest ^__^
- Political leaders or appointees (any country)

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm quite interested.
I do recall, Ylanne, that I've received an invite from you then and I've not joined due to the hectic schedule I had. Now that I have the chance to, I'd like to see if I can try out.
I'm not quite sure about which role I can play, though.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:59 pm

You can play absolutely any role you can imagine. It does not have to be on the short list I just posted a moment ago. If it falls into a realistic and modern setting and is not a Mary Sue, then go for it. Do you have any random or sudden ideas?

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:17 pm

I was actually thinking of playing an informant or a sleeper agent (What organization he/she belongs to is beyond me at this point. I've still yet to decide.) At the moment, I don't. I'm still reading the IC post by post. I find it quite intriguing, really.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Let me know if you have any comments or critique! Especially critiques of my posts would be most welcome! (Even your most scathing brutally honest.) And you can also post to the OOC thread, linked in the first post of this thread above (at the bottom of the first post) with plot related questions. Enjoy!

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!