Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Need new characters, please

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Need new characters, please

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:48 am

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/ginryu-school-way-of-the-fist/

Above is a link to my rp, Ginryu School: Way of the Fist. When I first created thsi roleplay, several people joined up, and everything was going well, but then it just sort of fell apart, and now there are but two of us left posting. However, we need more people to make this at least a decent roleplay and not just a 1x1 roleplay. Here is my intro post for the story-

Twenty years ago a man by the name of Yang Jian was one of the greatest martial artists the world had ever seen. In every competition he ever entered he took first place, he was highly ranked in what seemed like every martial art style there was, including those with weapons, and it seemed there was nothing he could not accomplish. Through a combination of his tournament winnings and a familt fortune he was rich beyond imagining, and many people asked him to open a dojo and teach his way, but he never would. Never did he even take on a student to pass on his abilities. all of the motions had been set in place for him to become the most famously known name in the world, but then one day he simply dissapeared...

Everyone feared the worst, but no one knew anything about the incident. It was as if he simply vanished. When the police went to search his home they found it empty, all of his possessions were gone, and all the servants and such could not be found for questioning. His personal guards didn't even know a thing. Days, weeks, months passed by and they kept searching, but to no avail. After a year a funeral was held for Jian, and a monument errected. Every year on that same day his friends, family, fans, the media, would all gather and say a prayer and such, hoping that if he were alive still he was well, and if not that his soul was resting peacefully. This went on for a few years, but eventually the name Yang Jian faded from the pages of newspapers, flickered off the tv, and was more or less forgotten by all but his biggest fans.

Now, twenty years have passed. A new generation of young fighters has been born, most of which have only heard of the old masters name, but never actually learned anything about him. They are competeing in tournaments, for money, for glory, some for their lives, which for the most part are normal. That is, until one day, one the first day of spring, a certain number of young fighters recieve a rather plain letter in the mail. The letters are actually small scrolls, with hand brushed words from Yang Jian himself, which read;

"Dear (your name here).

It is most likely that you have never heard the name Yang Jian, and even less likely you know how much meaning it once carried. And that is exactly why you must continue reading this letter.

I am Yang Jian, and many years ago I was the best martial artist around. I am still a master, however, I am now nearing the end of my journey through life, and so I am looking for a pupil to whom I can pass on the ancient arts I have learned over the course of my life. Plese, do not think for a second that this will be like any training you've gone through in your life, for it is not. Death is always an option with this sort of style. Now, eclosed you will find, on the back of this letter, a map leading to my home on an island called Kohaku, as well as a simple talisman. If you are willing to give your life to become the next master, then please, come to my island school, and present this talisman, and your destiny will change forever..."

While the letter explained very little, most anyone who recived such a letter could look the information up online and would find archives of information on Master Jian, but very little on Kohaku Island. And as far as the talisman, it was very simple; a leather string with a simple yin yang medallion, and on the back was a small dragon etched into the metal.

For some of the fighters who recived this letter, the information above and the mentioned items were all they recieved, but for others, such as those who would never be able to afford such a journey on their own, a large sum of money was inclosed, so secure safe passage if they shouldattempt the journey, or whatever they liked if they simply kept it. And while several of these letters were delivered, only a small percentage of those who made the journey would even be allowed to enter the school to begin learning from the master and his people.

We had 8 players in the begining, then most seemed to drop out, and we've since then had one other person to join, but they have only posted once...and so I would very much like to find at leas, at the very least, one more person to continue on in this story. This is supposted to be a fighting/character developement story, where in people from across the world come together with nothing but fighting in common amongst themselves, and are to live together on an island, while competeing to train under a masrtial arts master who simply seeks to pass on his secret technigues before he died.

If you are interested, place submit a character, or visit the OOC and leave a message, or just PM me. Thank you.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!