Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:31 am

The year is 3485, C.E., on the world of Ruyn. A crumbling empire facing ruin after nearly three thousand years may soon meet its demise...

Roleplayers are a dying breed. Remember the days we used to sit around a hand-drawn map laid out on a kitchen or library table, rolling dice and imagining our characters' adventures in vast, uncharted worlds created by a crafty dungeon master? Maybe you still recall the text RPG's in online chats where games went real-time, post-by-post and lasted for hours until sunup when you could barely keep your eyes open. Those were the days roleplaying was at its best. Someone has to bring back the best qualities in each aspect: wild, fantastical adventures, epic battles and an edge of realism that truly brings your characters to life. We need players who are willing to take on a real challenge.

ImageGo. and do not fail. The words echoed in Anael's mind as he descended, his wings growing heavier with each beat as he entered the Azadar. Do not fail, indeed. If he failed, the world as mortals knew it might be damned. The heavens themselves could be damned and no one would be the wiser, but if Ruyn were allowed to fall, then all the realms balancing on the fine point of that blade of existence might, too.

The barrier between the Azadar (overworld) and the Maidar (underworld) has weakened, and the Tyrnea Drenn assassins, sworn protectors of the balance and structure of the Zamil Empire for nearly two thousand years, have sent their most skilled Nightblade Assassin known only as "Fade" to investigate. Somewhere, deep in the heart of Ruyn, lies a mystery... and a force much darker than that which spreads like a plague throughout the land. You have come, whether directed by Fate, or merely selected to aid in this quest, and the choices you make will affect the world for ages to come.

The Story Thus Far
The High Elf Ambassador from Daemus has come to the Embassy at Port Arn for a conference with the Imperial Secretary of Foreign Affairs in hopes of convincing the emperor to open a trade route through Gorgon's Pass to the west. The infamous assassin, Fade, tipped off that there will be an attempt on the Ambassador's life, has gone to prevent the Ambassador's death and subsequent consequences.

The Red Ravens, a band of pirates, ambushed the convoy en route to Merchant's Lodge, the halfway point between the Imperial City and Arn, raiding and destroying most of the goods, the wagon, and disabling the charabanc meant to carry the rest of the passengers. With the help of Barbarian, Br'nard Even'star, Secretary Sylwyn was able to rig a carriage wheel to the charabanc and get what was left of the convoy on its way and continue to Arn alone. At the Embassy in Arn, a place well-known for its falconry, the Djinn sent by the emperor to aid the assassin is forced to pose as an Embassy Eagle and fight alongside the senior guardsman to capture an unexpected intruder.

Meanwhile, at city, an unlikely pair managed to sneak into the Imperial Council Hall to try and get to the heart of the corruption in the Imperial City. The long-service members of the Council believe there is a traitor amongst them, and are looking for a fresh face to help reveal the mastermind behind it all.

The Winds of Fate, an open game set in Ruyn, a fantasy world in a remote part of our galaxy, is a new take on the age-old tale of a crumbling empire threatened by evil darker than the mind can fathom. That power drives mortals apart, rather than unifying them, in the quest for domination. The growing knowledge that there are forces much older and more powerful seeking the same prize is enough to spark the interest of a clandestine group into gathering adventurers from all over to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands... or so one would think. Whether you are new or experienced, if you spend hours at a time, or even satisfy just a few posts a week, all contributors will progress the storyline as it is meant to unfold.

A lover of fiction and a writer of poetry for nearly 15 years, I have taken the time out between compiling my first collection and writing my first novel to bring my ideas to fruition and bring back the finest aspects of roleplaying in the world which I have created. I hope that such a group shall come together in a collaborative effort to realize this dream. If you are interested in joining, waste no time and look no further.

Click here to submit your application!
Last edited by Sylwyn on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:01 am

We have several options for secondary characters for those of you who do not want to create a new one. These characters are not involved in the main storyline, however. There are four members of the Imperial Council, each with their own classes and history. One main character, Pestifere Pia Pium, is currently up for adoption, following his current story. I will have all templates available by tomorrow night for the Council members Uthis (Warden-class wizard), Calihal (Spellsword), Aloysius (Warlord) and Ferdirand (Artificer) only. You may view these under "Characters" under the above link. I will relinquish the chosen character to the "Orphanage" once a player has expressed an interest in taking over a character's story.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 am

We are still looking for more new players, as this is an entire world being built here! This is a plot-driven, to-be open world game where we chart as we go, and there re to be plenty of side quests, all pertaining to the story, but not necessarily following the main plot. If you're genuinely interested, please do not hesitate to visit the RP and submit a character. There's plenty of room!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:00 am

Ruyn: The Winds of Fate is currently open and approving characters, so submit your application today!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 am

This sounds quite interesting from the looks of things. Please allow me to look over it all again and I will look into developing a character for play if that is alright?
Take a chance and roll the die... get in line for Dungeons & Dragons!

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:20 am

Opening the creation of Alyth (merfolk) characters. I am working on their back story. We are also seeking someone interesting in creating a Ka'ua (reptilian) emissary. PM me for details if you're interested.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Still seeking characters! As many as we can take on are welcome! Certain pre-made characters may be up for adoption, as well!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:29 pm

We now have 6 players and over forty-thousand words! Ruyn is steadily flooding the banks of the river of writing prose. With character driven stories and a plot-driven campaign and the promise of many missions and quests to come, we aim to combine the best elements of roleplay with the most of writing. While we may be able to support larger groups as we chart our world, for now, we can accept four more players for primary characters at present strength, so read up on the world by visiting our roleplay and website. No stats, no dice, no gimmicks, just pure good times!

There are a few secondary characters available, along with a couple of special character slots, so don't hesitate to ask!

Will soon be needing: Ka'ua (draconian) emissary, Alyth characters.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:31 am

Three free slots are open for this roleplay. If you're interested in joining, just drop line. I don't check this too often, so PM is best, or heck, just submit an application!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Our story is slowly coming to full bloom, and we may still a have slot or two for creative people like you, so check us out!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 am

Currently, we still have two slots to fill. One is a pre-written character: Jin Akanishi, and the other must belong to the reptilian race, but may be custom-tailored. PM me if you are interested. I don't check this area too often.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:21 am

To bump this topic again, but moreover, to make one small change to the type of characters we need. We just filled our spot for the draconian race, BUT, we do need a Lawful Good Paladin, and a Dwarf. The characters have already been put up for adoption with only names, class and picture (for paladin), race (for Dwarf, who has already been inserted as a secondary "filler" character into the story, along with 2 tagged posts). See our Orphanage. Note: The Druid is Dead.

Don't be daunted by our 13 pages of posts, as our story has only just begun. You won't step on toes joining our ranks, and we don't bite... much. PM me for details IF you are interested in playing one of these two characters. Once again, their back stories/profiles are open to custom-tailoring within the confines of Ruyn, so have a look!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 am

Ruyn is undergoing heavy renovations and will be reopening under Ruyn Chronicles: The Winds of Fate. Not available yet.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Will it be new-character friendly, or will you continue the story in the middle of a previous event?

Seirei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:53 pm

We will be starting fresh, condensing some old content into two major story arcs. I should have the prologue up in a couple of days, along with the new link and characters and NPCs that are available for those who want easy insertion. You can really create any character at this point. I'll review any ideas and say yay or nay. Once I have it up, my GMs and I will likely be working on some collaborative posting to actually start the story past the prologue, so no characters except by invitation only will be accepted until after the first five posts are up. You're free to take a look at the roleplay that is still listed or PM me if you want a link to the website if you want some ideas.

Primary Characters that are 99% positively making it into the new game (and whose claims have (or may have already been staked)

Sylwyn, Fade, Karem, Sennex, Siv, Felix, Alex, Titus Calihal, Eddie Clarke (re-listing his profile as the entire Faction of the Red Ravens, though I may alter his age and personality a bit), Nostalgic Syndicate

Secondary Characters (will be available for adoption):
Anael (introduced in prologue, his human appearance is the leader of the assassin's guild, see me personally if you want to take on this character, as his story is connected with two main characters),

Aloysius (begins at the caravan leaving for Port Arn),

Uthis (begins at Arcane Academy, and is now headmaster of the school),

Ferdirand (comes in during a tavern scene,right before an orc attack),

Eight (may make brief appearance in a flashback, and need to rework her debut),

Riklar Koldrim (he comes into the story en route to the embassy, his story and background is virtually open)

Anyone wishing to take on the NPCs must wait until said characters have been brought into the story, which for almost all, should be within the first 5 opening posts of the new game.

PM Me if youre interested at this point. It's easier for me to read PMs then go back to this all the time.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Finally open, though the introduction is still underway, and no characters will be approved until its finished. We are at: Ruyn Chronicles: The Winds of Fate.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!