Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Role players needed for "The Origins of Magic"

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Role players needed for "The Origins of Magic"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:35 pm

The Plot:

The land of Alluvial magicians have been a force of good and evil throughout the world. Magicians have kept order and balance, stirred up chaos and trouble, and have risen to prominence as people who hold a general respect or disrespect among the citizens of Alluvial. Unfortunately, no one ever tells the real story of magicians... Generally speaking a codex of magic is seemingly brought down from the heavens, naturally given to the sorcerers at birth, or through other grand schemes. No one has ever thought to question the beginnings of magic.

Well, in the role play we are going to. The main aspects of this role play are time travel and two siblings who decide to find the "Great Source" of magic, a power that is legendary among all magic users. The names of these two siblings are Alastair and Lura. This brother and sister pair come from the small city of Malena in central Alluvial where many young people, such as them, are taught magic. The area that the siblings live in and that surrounds Malena is rocky with lots of greenery and flowing water. The perfect kind of place for fishing, boating or farming. Due to the circumstances provided Alluvial, the country has become prosperous and well known for its kind and just magicians who keep the peace in order to promote the kind of livelihood the country has to offer.

One day Alastair and Lura are sent on a peace keeping mission for the first time. The two of the them are very excited about their duty, but quickly learn that their most recent job is babysit the child of an important official in town. The two were hoping to do a little bit something more exciting and get to thinking "Why are we magicians if we cannot use our powers to help others?" After getting pain for their services they hear on the way home about the local legend which tells of how magic came into existence from the "Great Source". Unfortunately, nobody knows what the "Great Source" truly is which is why it is possible that maybe magic just came to be rather than how it is believed that one source of strange power created magic.

Alastair and Lura get mad upon hearing this story again. The two siblings believe it is a travesty to not know the source of magic since it is of great historical importance to the world. The two decide to go to the library to investigate the "Great Source" and come up empty handed until a strange book called the "Times Forgotten..." falls from the shelves. Upon reading it Alastair and Lura learn that it is a book that explains how one can time travel into the past via magic. Alastair and Lura decide to form an expedition and secretly gather their friends one by one to go into the past and give the creator of the "Great Source" a peace of their mind.

The Rules:

There are not going to be many rules to this role play, but I expect you to follow them to the best of your abilities.

1. Please respect me, the moderators, and your fellow role players.

2. The character application is blank because I want to see what you can come up with. I view it as your responsibility to make a character as you see fitting. The only thing I will not allow is characters with the ability to manipulate time and space as that would defeat the role play's purpose. Time shifts in this role play happen at random, once all (or a certain) number of role players agree to allow their characters to time shift to a different area or place.

3. Characters are not to invoke any form of god moderation or auto-hitting while they are role played. No power gaming is allowed either.

4. Characters are in no way to involve themselves in sex, drugs, or heavy amounts of gratuitous violence.

5. Role players are to use chat bubbles (Like this...) only when they have to and only to a limited extent.

6. Role players are to write more than one line of text to describe the actions of their characters when they role play.

7. The rest is up to you all. Please have fun and do not argue amongst each other.

8. Please do not leave the role play without telling me or someone first.

Characters we might need or I have an interest in having in the role play:

An Evil Overlord

His Henchman

A Magic Instructor

Magic Students

A Military Leader for the country of Bilva

Someone to play a True Dragon (none of the I'm a person who can change into one)

A Story Teller (like a bard or minstrel)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Role players needed for "The Origins of Magic"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Hey, you all who have read this. If you have any questions please ask me about anything on here.

Here's the link to the role play, but I don't see why it wouldn't be easier just to type the name of the role play in.

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-origins-of-magic/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!