Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Spice And Wolf: A Different Deal

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Re: Spice And Wolf: A Different Deal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:26 pm

"Would you like my jacket?" he offered, "It would help keep you warm. My caravan is near here- I do have some wine there, if you're still interested. You seem to have well earned the title 'Wise Wolf'- I'd very much like to continue this conversation someplace where we're less likely to be seen."

Cocking her head to the side curiously, as if his kind offer surprised her. Well, at least he was polite. A quality she supposed most humans disregarded. He was no fool, but was surprised that he seemed to take her for her word. But what reason would Holo the Wise Wolf have to lie?

"Indeed some sort of garb to turn away the autumn chill would be welcomed, Jericho," she smiled. At the mention of wine, her ears twitched anxiously. Her grin became more coy as she added, "And the wine would truly warm me as well."

He felt a need to clarify, on his own part. "You see, there are a lot of people in this town alone who could be looking for me right now. Some of them for innocent reasons, which, frankly, I'd rather not be bothered with, and some for other reasons." He figured she could read in between the lines. He made it a point to keep his eyes focused on her only from the neck up.

A intelligent glint flashed in her golden eyes as she regarded Jericho strangely. The meaning behind his words weren't lost to her, and she merely shrugged, "I see. You're regarded both highly...and not so highly. I suppose it would be best to avoid other humans. Even in this form, my knowledge of how to interact with your kind is hazy in my memory. I shall have you to rely on to improve my social skills."
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gigatronthepwn on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:44 am

"Fair enough, then," he agreed. He removed his jacket and, making sure to shrug of any hesitation he might have let show, approached her and draped it over her shoulders, also pulling the hood up over her head to cover her ears. Then, he began to lead her through the wheat to the caravan.

While Jericho was pleasant enough during the introductions, he still found himself disturbed- no, that was too strong a word- rather, unsettled by Holo. She seemed pleasant enough herself, but he couldn't get the image of her fangs out of his mind. Every now and then, however much he tried not to, he very quickly glanced over his shoulder at her. He explained this as just him making sure no one was following them- but really, it was to make sure she didn't have a change of face and attack him from behind. Every time he looked upon her, the hairs of his arms and neck jolted upright again for a moment, and he constantly felt her presence at his back.

Still, he made an offer, and she hadn't attempted to eat him yet. He had no reason to disbelief or reject her, and so until she gave him one, he'd be civil to her. It was only the decent thing to do.

The caravan consisted of a single four-wheeled cart exactly five meters long and three meters wide (Jericho measured it himself) pulled by two oxen tethered to the front of it. The oxen, bulky and brown, grazed from the grass of the field where Jericho had brought it to a stop. The cart was more like a small mobile cottage- exactly how Jericho had intended it to be. He needed a safe haven, and yet he also needed to get back on the move at a moment's notice. And so he paid a group of woodworkers to build him a mobile fortress. The exterior, aside from its size, was nothing extravagant; only a basic redwood box with a door on its left side and another, smaller door at the front allowing access to the platform from which the oxen were directed. The interior was another matter entirely.

The walls were lined were locked cupboards filled with ingredients for alchemy, as well as food, drink, and clothing. At the back was a wide bed, and the floor was covered from an expansive green carpet bolted into the wood in the corners. What little of the walls weren't covered in cupboards were instead covered with surreal paintings and murals from the foreign places Jericho had visited. In the center of the cabin sat a small rounded ivory table with two wooden chairs at both ends of it.

"Welcome," Jericho announced, "to my humble abode."
In ages of hate and raging swords / Along these gray plains so wild and cold
The armies of dragons, men, and elves / All stormed the dark gates of a thousand hells
And now we'll declare eternal war / To every damned new hellish lord

On the way to Ainor!
-"On The Way To Ainor" by Rhapsody of Fire

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gigatronthepwn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 am

"Fair enough, then," he agreed. He removed his jacket and, making sure to shrug of any hesitation he might have let show, approached her and draped it over her shoulders, also pulling the hood up over her head to cover her ears. Then, he began to lead her through the wheat to the caravan.

Holo felt the warmth of his clothing bring a sudden end to the cruelty of the cold, but she couldn't help but feel the discomfort the hood brought to her ears. It wasn't painful by any means, but it applied pressure in a way she was not familiar. Regardless, she did not reveal any sign of discontent to Jericho in response to the kindness he had shown her.

When they approached his caravan, she could not help that her tail was swishing back and forth in anticipation. All her life, Holo had only truly know the wilderness to be of any comfort. Humans and their "houses" and "taverns" were...a unique aspect of their existence.

"Welcome," Jericho announced, "to my humble abode."

Stepping into his wagon, her primal gaze observed her surroundings with a mixture of amazement and amusement.

"So this is what humans are accustomed to living in," she mused aloud. "I must say you are a most peculiar species, but I cannot deny your splendor."

Looking back to Jericho, her smile widened with mischief, "Now...what of this wine you have. And what of food?"

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gigatronthepwn on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:40 pm

"Yes, of course," Jericho said with a nod. He reached into his pants pocket and dug around until he felt the immaculate key ring. Pulling it out, he sorted through the dozens of keys, while simultaneously looking over the dozens of cupboards. It was just then that he realized he'd left the caravan door unlocked. While he hadn't gone very far from the caravan, it was a stupid mistake he intended to never make again.

"Please, make yourself comfortable... You say you're from Yoitsu, correct?" he asked Holo. "I've heard of the place, but only little of it. What is it like there? Is everyone there... Like you?"

Gigatronthepwn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 pm

((My apologies for yet another delay))

"Please, make yourself comfortable... You say you're from Yoitsu, correct?" he asked Holo. "I've heard of the place, but only little of it. What is it like there? Is everyone there... Like you?"

Making herself comfortable on a cushion near the center of his caravan, fluffing her tail lighting and tenderly. Though naked, she felt warmer still in the comfort of his home. Looking around inquisitorially, her ears twitched at his questions. Turning her him, her head cocked to the left amusingly.

"True, I come from the beautiful world of Yoitsu," she smiled. Thinking about what he meant by "like you", her reply came after a short moment, "And what do you mean, "like me?" There is no other like Holo the Wise, but there are beasts in Yoitsu who possess similiar attributes to myself. Though if any remain there who are just that, I cannot be sure, for it is possible they left after I did and may never have returned. I should much enjoy to return to it, however, and see if be changed at all."

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gigatronthepwn on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 pm

(I was pretty busy too, but still eager as ever.)

"I see..." Jericho was not entirely sure what to make of the comment regarding the animals exhibiting features like her's- did she mean ordinary wolves, or things somewhere in between beast and man like herself? He thought it better not to bother her with further questions about it, however. He changed the subject to something else she had said. "You intend to return there?" he asked, grabbing a plain wooden goblet from one cupboard with one hand and a sealed jug of ale from another cupboard with the other hand. "Is it far?"

Gigatronthepwn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:23 pm

"I see..." Jericho was not entirely sure what to make of the comment regarding the animals exhibiting features like her's- did she mean ordinary wolves, or things somewhere in between beast and man like herself? He thought it better not to bother her with further questions about it, however. He changed the subject to something else she had said. "You intend to return there?" he asked, grabbing a plain wooden goblet from one cupboard with one hand and a sealed jug of ale from another cupboard with the other hand. "Is it far?"

Holo's ears twitched curiously when she saw the site of the goblet, and her tail wagged eagerly in anticipation for what she hoped would be some fine wine she had longed for all this time. Her golden eyes looked from the jug to Jericho.

"Quite far, I must admit," she sighed. "I sought to explore as much of the world as I could when I left, and my travels eventually led me to this little village. But my time here has come to an end and so I must return. It is the only land I know and love, and thus I have longed for it for many decades past. My obligations have long held me here, but since I am no longer bound by my oath nor the humans to theirs, I see no reason I must remain."

Her tail continued to swish back and forth, "But what of you, Jericho? Why are you here?"

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gigatronthepwn on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 am

"Being as wise as you are, I trust you've heard of alchemy?" he replied, presenting the modest goblet of ale and green apple to her. "Basically, much of nature is made up of hundreds of elements so small and strange, every one unique and different, that mankind has only just begun to understand them." He hastily thought up an example, excitement beginning to rise in his voice and mannerisms describing his fascination. "Like, say, fire! You rub two sticks together, and they generate heat that creates fire. You expose that fire to a clump of dry leaves, and the leaves, having little to no moisture in them to suppress the flame, ignite as well. Something like that!"

He stopped a moment to catch his breath, though he trusted Holo now had an idea of what he was talking about.

"Like I said," he continued, "We've only just begun to understand these things, and there is still so much to learn. But some of us have garnered a good enough understanding of them to learn to manipulate them. That's what alchemy is; using these different elements and compounds, testing them with each other, analyzing them as best we can, observing, recording, to learn more about them!" Then he remembered himself. "Of course, there are more practical uses for it. It's actually a fairly lucrative business; your average peasant knows nothing of it, and so they think the feats I accomplish with simple and very natural alchemy is some sort of supernatural force or magic. They flock like sheep to see it, and I reap an ever-fertile crop. There's not much competition, either. As you can see, I've made a living from it."

Then he remembered her original question. "Sorry, I've gotten carried away. I was merely stopping in Pasloe for a few days. I was going to put on another show or two before the Church hears of it and comes after me again. As you might have guessed, they don't take kindly to it. The devil's work, they call it, malificars, they call its practitioners, heathen sorcerers. I imagine they'd burn me at the stake if they had the chance. So I have to keep moving to keep them from catching up to me."

Gigatronthepwn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Name: Jessica Monroe & Perseus
Skills: pick pocketing lock picking and sneaking not fighting
Appearance: a brown cloak with a cotton blouse underneath and black pants and sandals
Bio:a girl with a tough childhood who took care of herself and her dog Perseus who does the hard part distractions.
so how is everyone?
(\ /)
( . .)
(")(")

getting closer to world domination since 1999.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Jessica arrived to scope out the caravan she heard rumors about being nearby and it was true the perfect target for two thieves but not a girl and her dog but she didn't know that she had chose to try she sent Perseus to distract them while she crept up to pick the locks and find anything valuable."^-^ score"she whispered as she found a blanket she could use and some salt and pepper vary valuable around this time of year used to help flavor meat but she was making a loud racket.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!