Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

[The][Goblin][King]: A Need For Sarah [Closed]

a topic in Movies & Film, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based on movies or other film media.

[The][Goblin][King]: A Need For Sarah [Closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:38 pm

This is a private roleplay, please don't post here. If you would like to join in on this roleplay, feel free to PM me and I will clear you to join in [this helps me know who is in and who is not].

Thanks

The Starter:

“Every leaf, every stone, every life within these walls belongs to me. But I would destroy them all and build them all over again, if it would bring her back. For what use is a kingdom to a king if he has no queen to share it with?” -Jareth, Return To The Labyrinth vol. 2, Chapter 1

Jareth sat boredly on the rail of the balcony that overlooked the garden portion of the labyrinth, there were vines creeping along the ground, it had long since over grown and he had no want of forcing the plants to not be so audacious with their growing patterns. This was his kingdom, but what was it really worth in the end? He was just a lonely king who locked himself away from his subjects. The one chance he had been given to escape such loneliness, he had let slip through his gloved fingers; but he hadn’t had the heart to force her into staying there with him when it was so obvious that she didn’t want to be there.

Rolling one of three crystal balls in his hands, he watched it silently, his eyes focused as she appeared within it’s depths. He had watched her grow in this way from the lovely fifteen year old that she had been for thirteen long years now and, though she had no doubt aged, she still seemed to be the lovely girl that had stolen his heart so very long ago.

“You’re there every waking moment and yet you can’t hear me, I can’t touch you, I can’t dance with you, I promised you I would leave you and never come back. I kept that promise, now it is you that wont leave me”, taking the crystal ball in a firm grip, he threw it, watching it fly and smash against one of the walls, releasing smoke that appeared in her image for only a moment before it dissipated.

“You haunt my dreams”, he said gently as the smashed crystal ball vanished into dust and another one appeared in his hand, “you are the image burned into my mind, all I can see when I close my eyes, I hear your voice when no one speaks, I feel your touch on my hands when there is no one there. You’re my shadow and my reflection, a memory I can’t misplace” He threw another of the crystals and watched it smash. Again the smoke appeared in her image and vanished with the pieces of the crystal before a new one appeared in his hand. “And it’s by your wishes that I can not reach for you…”
Last edited by animegalz on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

animegalz
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

It had been 13 years since Sarah had told the Goblin King to leave her alone and never come after her again. It had seemed like a dream and for the longest time she had convinced herself that it simply hadn't happened and she was crazy and belonged in an asylum. She hadn't really realized it, but she had distanced herself from almost everyone around her and didn't like talking to anyone unless she had to. She didn't think about him much, but sometimes he haunted her dreams and she'd wake up crying.

It wasn't because she was terrified or scared, but because in her dreams she felt as if she had made a huge mistake in telling him off and having him stay away from her. Jareth had offered her the world, and yet she had told him no. It made her toss and turn in thinking what would've happened if she had accepted his offer and left everything she knew behind for him.

"What would I do if I was given the chance again?" she asked herself softly as she sat on a swing in a small park as storm clouds were gathering above her head. She sighed as she stared at her feet. It was crazy, she had a good and normal life right here. She shouldn't be giving herself "what if"s and she should just move on. The Goblin King was never coming back. He had promised her and she knew that he wouldn't break his promise. Yet she was curious what it would be like if she had told him yes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [The] One [Goblin] on [King] One: A Need For Sarah [Private]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:59 am

It was then that something occurred to the forgotten goblin king; he couldn't contact Sarah, he could contact Toby, no one had told him that he couldn't there was no wish of hers that bound him from being near the boy. It was then that an almost evil plan came to him, well- perhaps evil wasn't a fitting word, he wasn't going to do it just to see her unhappy, it wasn't out of spite that he was acting but love. A misguided, misused love for her that kept him awake and cut into him like a knife when he thought about her.

[Ooc:We can both play Toby]

It was late, Toby was sitting in his room reading, much like his sister had when she was his age-or so his parents told him, he didn't remember, he wasn't alive then. Turning the page in the book he was reading, he jumped as a tree branch hit his window; there was a barn owl sitting on it, watching him intently. He didn't really know why but it gave him the creeps, and in an effort to deny those creeps, he turned back to his book, enveloping himself in the fantasy within it's pages.

"Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the goblin city to take back the child that you have stolen. For my-" Toby jumped as he window flew open, it's latch obviously failing on him as the barn owl scratched at it; in came the bird and he rushed to shoo it out. Suddenly it was gone and a voice spoke from behind him.

"My my my, Toby, look how you've grown~", the thirteen year old again jarred in surprise and turned sharply to see a man sitting on his bed, grinning at him as he juggled three clear balls. From the way they tinkled and rung as they hit together, it seemed that they were glass.

"Who are you?", he asked hesitantly; his eyes scanning this new figure before him.

Jareth smirked wider as the boy asked the question, this could be easier than he had first anticipated.

"You should know who I am~", he got up off of the bed, knocking the book onto the floor, "I am the goblin king, Jareth" The boy gave him the same frightened look that Sarah had when he'd first seen her; instilling in him a stronger resolve than he had possessed before.

"What do you want with me?", the fourteen year asked and the king paced.

"It's not what I want", he said lightly, "but what you want; you see, I have come to give you a very special opportunity; to you I am sure your life seems dull, boring, day to day activities making you want to bore a hole through that fragile little skull of yours. I have come to offer you an escape, come with me to my kingdom, come and escape your boring life, live the life of a character in your books~" Toby watched him suspiciously, but the idea of living the life of a hero, even for just a little while was appealing and he quickly accepted.

They were gone, only a note was left behind; a note for Sarah.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Re: [The][Goblin][King]: A Need For Sarah [Closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Sarah was walking home when she felt a drop of rain hit her nose. She looked up at the sky and sighed before she began to run towards home. She felt a little pathetic that she was living at home, but it just seemed that she didn't fit in with this world. She shook her head and smiled slightly to herself. Ever since she had saved Toby from The Goblin King and banished the man from her life, she was on much better terms with the boy so much younger than her. Even though he didn't remember what happened, she certainly did and would do it all over for him again to keep him from Jareth.

Sarah laughed to herself for a moment. She could definitely do it again since she knew so much about the place. She knew she'd have no problem to defy Jareth again, but would she want to?

"Toby!" Sarah called out as she walked into the house drenched in her clothes. Instantly a feeling fell over her, one very similar to the one she had had all those years ago. Her stomach dropped, but she shook her head and told herself she was being silly and that she was working herself up for nothing. She continued to call for her brother and frowned as he wasn't answering her back. She sighed and turned towards the stairs. She began to walk up them and continued to call Toby's name.

"Where is that boy?" she asked herself as she walked into his room. She was about to turn and leave, but she spotted the note on Toby's bed. Curiosity ruled quickly and she walked over to it. Instantly she lost her stomach and stared at the words. She shook her head for a moment before anger flared in her. The Goblin King had promised her that he would never come back into her life again, and even though she kind of wished he would, she was furious he had broken his promise.

"Goblin King!" she demanded in a scary but very loud tone. "Show yourself!"

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:58 pm

There was no reply, nothing moved, nothing changed in the room; Jareth watched her with a smile through his crystal ball and he concentrated. He would give her a hint, a clue that would show her the door and bring into his world again; he had promised to stay out of her life, not Toby's. In some twisted way, he could justify himself, and while it wasn't right, it satisfied him.

A crystal ball rolled through the doorway, meandered like it was a living thing around the room before hitting the closet door with a small thunk and stopping.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:00 am

Sarah stood there and waited. She was so angry. He had no right to be here. After so many years he finally decided to screw with her life again? Why? She jumped slightly as something thunked. She turned around and looked at the crystal ball. She sighed for a moment as her mind flashed back to when he had offered her the world, twice. She shook her head and walked over to it. She bent down and picked it up. She held it in her hand for a moment since she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do with it. Why was he doing this to her again?

Finally she wondered what would happen if she smashed the crystal. She hoped her idea was right and so she threw it at the wall. She quickly turned her back to it as it seemed to shatter into billions of little pieces. She waited for a moment before she turned and looked at the glittering mess on the floor. Nothing had happened. She sighed and sat on the bed for a moment before she glanced at the closet door. She walked over to it and after shaking her head for a moment, she opened it slowly and gasped as she felt her world melting behind her. She shivered slightly as she realized that she was once again at the labyrinth. It was strange to be back, and she just stood there staring at the place for the longest time.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:17 pm

"So glad that you accepted my little invitation~", Jareth's voice echoed around in the space where the girl was for a moment as he watched her through his crystal ball, a keen smile on his handsome features as Toby enjoyed the room that he had been put up in. There she was, beautiful as ever and this time she was actually there, she wasn't some fantasy that he had conjured, not a broken doll or a spell ridden dummy that was made to look like her; it was her, flesh and blood. He was elated, happy beyond any choice of words that he could summon into speech but at the same time he was terrified, he couldn't reach out and touch her, what if she wished him away.

Once he had turned the world upside down for her, and he would do it again in a heartbeat, but not if it meant that she wouldn't accept him as she had before. Yes, perhaps she had been a child before, but it had still been her words and feelings that had banished him from her life.

"So what are you waiting for? Are you scared~?", he was taunting her, it was the only way he knew to get what he wanted from her.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:25 pm

Sarah stood there and felt her blood chill as a shiver ran down her spine as she heard his voice which seemed to come out of nowhere. She didn't move for a moment as she enjoyed the sound of his voice. She finally realized what he had said and snapped out of her small daze. She could hardly believe that she was back again, and it did scare her. Anger flared through her and her eyes flashed coldly as she turned around to see if he was there somewhere. "How dare you!" she hissed, her eyes searching for him and not finding him. "You promised me you'd stay away, and for thirteen years you did!" her tone was threatening, but it was obvious it was laced with fear.

She knew he could do anything he wanted, and that possibity scared her. "You had no right to take him this time," she breathed out with clenched teeth as she still turned. Her hair flared out slightly as she kept moving, but it was a little shorter than the last time she had been there. "Why are you doing this?" she demanded as she continued her search for him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:22 pm

"And what makes you think I took him?", the goblin king chimed, "He came of his own free will", watching her patiently through the glass he headed for his throne. Wasn't it enough that he loved her? That he would turn the world inside out just to please her? That she was his entire universe? This was the only way to show her, to tell her that without being close enough to her to break his promise.

"Come now Sarah, I am doing this for you~"

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Sarah stopped turning for two reasons; one, it was rather pointless since she now knew he wasn't there, and two, she was getting rather dizzy and a little sick. She pursed her lips as he said that Toby came on his own this time. She shook her head. She felt her heart jump a little as he said that he was doing this all for her. She took in a quick breath as she wouldn't let it get to her. She wanted to talk to him, face to face, but she was too upset and prideful.

"Let me talk to him, and this time you better not make me go through your labirynth again." She snapped.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:42 pm

"Why of course not~", Jareth's voice echoed before the world seemed to melt and she was suddenly before him as he lounged comfortably in his throne. "Oh Toby~", he called and the boy appeared, dressed in an almost mockery of the king's clothing; he smiled when he saw his sister.

"Hi Sarah!", he said with a big smile; Jareth smirked lightly.

"Your sister here seems to think that you didn't come here of your own volition, my boy~", the thirteen year old looked at Jareth curiously for a moment before he tipped his head at his sister.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Sarah felt her stomach lurch slightly as the world faded from her and she felt extremely unsettled until she was standing before Jareth. She was caught for a moment. He hadn't aged a bit and seemed to be more handsome than when she had last seen him. She wanted to just stare at him, but her mind was stubborn on its resolve. She looked over at Toby and was shocked as she saw him and what he was wearing.

"Toby, what are you wearing?" she gasped slightly and shook her head. Toby seemed confused and watched her carefully. "Toby, this is a bad man, you can't stay here, you've got to come home!" she said slightly desperately and Toby stared at her funny.

"Why should I leave? This place is exciting, why in the world would I want to go back home?" his tone was rather confused and Sarah looked towards Jareth with her eyes flashing angrily. She walked over to where he lounged on his throne and glared at him as she pointed her finger to him. "What did you do to him!" she demanded angrily.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:26 pm

"What I've done to him? Come now Sarah, surely you don't honestly think I have tampered with him." Climbing from his throne he swept towards her, smirking dangerously, "do you~?" He loomed over her, his dark eyes peering into her with all the need that was contained within him. "Or are you afraid that he is telling you the truth~?" Circling around her, his footsteps echoed through the large room, "What is so wrong with my world, Sarah, that you don't want to be a part of it?"The last part came straight from his heart.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:38 pm

Sarah watched him carefully. She felt her stomach jump slightly as she watched him move down to her. "Yes I do, no one in their right mind would want to live here!" she spat out with a cold voice. She felt unnerved by his presence, and yet it was exciting to her. She felt as if she was caught between two hard places as he asked her why she didn't want to be there. Well, as she thought quickly, she honestly didn't know. She often wondered what his world would be like, to live in it, and she wasn't sure why she was so against it. "I-" she paused as her voice seemed to grow a little weak. "I don't know," she mumbled and looked away from him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:54 pm

He stopped behind her and dipped his head so that he could croon into her ear.

"Then why not stay~?", he asked softly, "Why not try out my world before you decide whether or not you want to be a part of it?", he wanted her there more than anything else, it had been all he had wished for for thirteen long years. But getting her there was only half the battle, it was keeping her there that was going to produce the real challenge. As it was he was advancing into the territory slowly.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:18 am

Sarah's eyes were wide slightly as he moved in very close to her ear and whispered. She shivered slightly as he was so close, but she bit her lip. "I can't." She finally said and looked at him. "This isn't my home and I don't belong here. This place is from a book, it's not real." She managed to say rather weakly. "It wouldn't be right, if I did stay here, am I just missing at home? What would my parents do without me and Toby? Neither one of us can stay. We'd be missed, and this just isn't our home." She repeated and shook her head as she looked away from him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 pm

Jareth said nothing, so this place wasn't real? This place was a dream? A fantasy from a book?

"Then I suppose I am not real either...", he said gently, "and if I am not real to you, then you can not be real to me, I will go back to watching you like a figment from a dream through my crystal ball and waste away there. Like those who wasted away before the mirror of Erised, so will I before you. You have thirteen hours before you become a part of this world, forever." Then, he was gone, vanished into thin air, leaving her to get home on her own.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:08 am

Sarah didn't know why, but it felt as though she had been punched in the gut rather hard. She stood there, and couldn't help but feel terribly guilty for what she had said as she stared at the spot where Jareth had melted to. Wait a moment, he had put her in the same situation that Toby had been in, only she had no one stubborn to rescue her before the clock ran down. She sighed. For a split moment she had half a mind to do nothing for thirteen hours and just stay there with him, because as much as she wanted to deny it, he had stolen a part of her heart all those years ago. It was the part of her heart that wanted to escape away from her boring world, but for now her realistic mind was set on getting out of the large maze before the clock hit thirteen. It was a little strange, she knew she could get back in to the castle, but would she be able to retrace her steps from so many years ago? She shook her head and decided to at least try. So she left the castle and headed through the city. She hoped that she'd be able to succeed, and yet a part of her wished that she'd be able to just stay here with him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Jareth watched her through his crystal ball, his heart ached but he was stubborn enough to ignore it and force himself to deny her help even when he wished it so very much.

"I would tear the world down for you", he whispered to the crystal ball, knowing that she couldn't hear him, "I would destroy it all down and rebuild it, just for you" And with that he dropped the crystal ball and watched as it hit the floor and rolled away, off to guide her the way he wanted her to go. To the room he had made for her.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:27 pm

Sarah felt hopeless as she walked through the maze. She was starting to get the feeling that the place had changed, or at least it was very different to get out, then to get in. She sighed to herself and continued on. She was going to prove to him that she could get out, even though she was starting to feel that she wanted to stay here with him and never leave. Her world wasn't much of a home, and she had always felt accepted here even though the circumstances were a little strange.

After about half an hour of going down endless turns, she heard a clinking sound and quickly turned around. She squinted her eyes as she tried to look for the source, but she didn't see it. She felt her heart leap in her chest as something rolled next to her foot. She looked down at it and felt relief as she saw it was only a crystal ball. She bent down and picked it up and for a moment she just held it in her wondering what it was doing there. "Maybe you'll take me somewhere," she mumbled to herself and set the ball back down and watched it carefully, waiting.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!