Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

[The][Goblin][King]: A Need For Sarah [Closed]

a topic in Movies & Film, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based on movies or other film media.

Re: [The][Goblin][King]: A Need For Sarah [Closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm

For a moment it did nothing but then it jarred, rolled back and forth for a second before rolling away at a pace that she could follow. Along the uneven cobblestones and down steps, it waited patiently for her the few times she fell behind. It came to a thunking stop against a door that was half hidden in the wall of the castle by some ivy and waited patiently for her to open it, when she did, it wasted no time and immediately started bouncing down the steps into the darkness below.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

animegalz
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Sarah felt a little frustrated as she followed the crystal ball. She was trying to keep her temper down and was telling herself that she'd be out soon and she'd be free from him, but she knew in her mind that as long as she was living and breathing, she'd always think about him. Finally after what felt like a while, she came to a door that was covered in quite a bit of ivy. She frowned slightly for a moment as she realized she was back at the castle and had lost a lot of time. She grumbled and felt like being angry, but her curiosity got to her and she forced the door open. Jareth said that if she stayed with him, the world would be her's so long as she let him love her and let her be his... she had been on a few dates, but a rare few had actually led to second dates. Perhaps this was where she belonged.

Sarah stopped as she saw that the steps led into darkness. She sighed as she wasn't sure if she should go, but she knew that the Goblin King wouldn't let anything happen to her, so she began down the steps.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Down, down, down the stairs went, then they went up and around and then down some more; soon enough it wasn't clear which way the stairs were going anymore. After what seemed to be an eternity, a door with a light hanging above it came into view. The crystal ball stopped, again running into the door, it's small thunk made the light above the door flicker and it's golden pool falter for a second before reappearing. The door had a name plate on it, it read "Sarah".

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Sarah was getting tired as she was coming down the stairs. It seemed that they were going in every direction and still getting nowhere. She sighed as she continued to go up and down following the crystal ball. She knew it was silly and she should just give up, but she felt as though she was nearly there, to wherever it was. She sighed in relief as she saw a light and a door. The crystal bounced against the door before stopping and Sarah's heart leapt in her chest as she saw the plate on the door. It was her name.

Now Sarah was freaked out, but she was intrigued. She catiously moved forward before she put her hand on the door handle and opened it up slowly. It revealed the most extravagant room she had ever been in. There were plush carpets on the floor and silk hangings for the bed, and very royal colors about the room. She stood there for a moment feeling speechless and instantly her heart ached. It took her moment, but she finally figured out that she was aching for Jareth. He had kept his promise to her, and now that she saw the kind of devotion...obsession really...he had to her, she knew those years had to be torture for him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:13 pm

"Do you understand?", Jareth's voice echoed around her before he appeared standing beside a window that somehow looked out onto a garden even though it seemed that they were under ground, "Or do you simply think that you understand? I have lived for you for so long, Sarah...I don't think I can keep living for the both of us..." He sounded heart broken and tired, like he was talking while holding up a terribly heavy weight. "I wont force you to stay, but I don't think I can live without you much longer..."

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 am

Sarah jumped a little and turned to see Jareth by one of the windows. She watched him and felt horribly guilty as he spoke. She held her arms and looked around. She wasn't sure what to do. It wasn't as though she had much going on in her world, but she had fought against him so hard and had told him no for so long that she wasn't sure what she should do now. She sighed and looked away from him as she shook her head. "But why me?" she asked quietly. "I'm not anything important, and I haven't done anything important, why did you choose me out of so many others?" she whispered.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Jareth was surprised by the words that came from the girl's mouth, did she not see her own worth? Turning, he paced towards her, his boots clicking softly on the stone floor.

"Why you?", he asked, half of him wanting to make sure he'd heard her correctly, "I chose you, because you are you. Because you are Sarah; you are beautiful and strong willed, enchanting and dominating. I do not have to have a reason for loving you, but I could name one for every star that is in the sky and more after that if you so wished. I love you because you are you. You don't have to impress me, you don't have to do anything "important" and you will still outshine every other flower in the garden..." He stopped in front of her, and gave her the barest of smiles.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Sarah felt her heart melt as she listened to his words. They were a spell weaving her in closer to him and bringing her to him. She wanted nothing more than to just forget her life back home and just live forever with him here, but she was a bit afraid. She stared into his mismatched eyes as he stood right in front of her, and she wanted to reach out and touch his face, but she held her hands at her side and she shook her head. "I don't know what I want." She mumbled softly as she stared at him. Sarah wanted him to tell her what she wanted, and she wanted him to give her the answers to the questions that were in her mind. "How could I possibly know that what I am feeling isn't just some spell you've put over me?" she whispered as she continued to stare at him.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:34 pm

The goblin king almost laughed at her words before he smiled and took her face into the palms of his gloved hands and spoke softly to her.

"Because", he crooned, "I have no power over you~", it was the words that she'd defeated him with thirteen years ago, they were the words that bound them even though there was no bond to hold. Leaning, he barely brushed his lips against hers before faltering up and kissing her forehead.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Sarah's stomach nearly fell through the floor as he spoke her words she had used so long ago to defeat him, and then he barely brushed over her lips with his own before he kissed her forehead. She felt as though she had been hit by a wall, or something heavy. She just stood there and blinked at him bewhilderedly. She shook her head for a moment before she bit her lip. "I just don't know-" she stopped and looked down at her hands. She was so confused and so troubled that she had no idea what she was supposed to do now. She knew this wasn't any kind of trick at all, but she was a bit nervous now and wasn't quite sure how to react. "Why didn't you move on?" she finally asked without meeting his gaze.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Jareth's reply was frank.

"I hadn't resolved my love for you, it is impossible to truly move on without closure and you gave me none. Even if my love at the time was one sided you never refused my affection nor did you give it hope to live. You just left it as a festering contusion that wouldn't go away no matter what I did." Reaching he palmed her cheek and smiled, "but I didn't want to forget you even if I could have..."

He couldn't imagine what she would say when he was through, and he didn't want to; he was being honest with her, that was what mattered, wasn't it?

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Sarah was so shocked and so surprised. After so many years of nearly believing that this had all been a dream and that it all didn't really exist, he was here in front of her again professing his love. "But I don't know if I could do this. I wouldn't know the first thing about being here, and I don't know the first thing about loving you." She said softly as she looked down. She didn't know why, but tears began to form in her eyes and she was starting to feel a little lost. "I think I want to love you, but I just don't know. This is all so confusing," she whispered. She was scared. She wasn't sure what to do, or where she belonged any more and now she was terrified of what she was being offered.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:48 am

"Loving me is no different than loving any man", he said gently before pacing to the window again. He leaned against it, staring out into the mysterious garden beyond, silent for a long moment before he spoke again. "I'll make you a deal", he didn't turn to look at her, his voice barely carried through the silence, "give me three months that's 90 days; live here for those 90 days and if you choose so after that time, you may leave and I will never bother you nor anyone else in your life ever again. But all I want are those 90 days, that short time of bliss for myself. Call it selfishness if you want, but that's all I ask of you"

Gods above he hoped that she accepted, every fiber of his being was tuned to her, he needed to know what it was that she was going to say. Please say yes, he begged silently, knowing that she couldn't hear him, please give me a chance, just one chance to prove to you that you can have a happy life here All of him ached with anticipation, all of him wanted her to say yes, surely they could come to this compromise, it was a suitable one, wasn't it?

He turned away from her, not daring to let her see just how much he wanted her to say yes.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:00 am

Sarah eyed him carefully as he spoke. She instantly felt uneasy as he said he would make her a deal. She wasn't sure if she should accept or not, but as he said that all she had to do was live with him for 90 days, and then choose, she found that it wasn't half bad. She bit her lip slightly and looked at him. Her mind was instantly nervous. How could he be trusted? "You promise I can go home and you'll never bother me again after 90 days?" she asked him hesitantly. She was eager to get home, at least she thought she was. Sarah was slowly finding that this was actually exactly what she wanted. She still had a way out if she didn't want to be with him any longer.

"All right, I'll stay with you, but you have to send Toby home. This isn't where he is supposed to be. This isn't anywhere near his world or his home. Please, just send him home." She whispered softly as she looked at him with pleading eyes. Sarah wouldn't have her brother trapped in this mess again. This time it would just be her and the Goblin King.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:19 am

"It's already done", he said softly before he vanished and the crystal ball started to roll away to show her the way out. 90 days, he had 90 day s to get her to fall in love with him much more than the 13 hours he had been given before, there were no distractions this time. There would be things to do, but he hardly cared about them, the goblins could wait if they tried to take his time with Sarah away from him. Hell the world could wait if it meant spending time with Sarah.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:42 am

Sarah watched him speak before he vanished. She couldn't help but frown. She had no idea what she was supposed to do now, but the crystal ball started to roll once more and she figured that she'd follow it like she had before. She knew that Toby would be livid and angry beyond belief that Sarah was having him taken from this world, but he didn't belong here. She knew that he would probably hate her, but once she returned home in three months time, she talk to him and have him understand. Sarah still couldn't believe that she had agreed to this, but it felt like a safe bargain to make and there wasn't a catch or anything. She knew it was a little silly to make deals with him, but if it was the only way to get him to leave her alone, she'd happily stay.

She followed the crystal for a while until she was once again brought out of the castle and into the afternoon of the Underground. She wondered vaguely what was supposed to happen. Why in the world did the Goblin King just leave her here without saying something. That definitely frustrated her, but she decided to just continue to follow the crystal to wherever it may lead her.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:34 pm

~That Night~

Jareth sat patiently at the table waiting for she who was his guest, she who he had waited for most of his life and all of hers, he could wait a little longer. The goblins had set the table to brimming with an array of flavors and delights, he only hoped that she took them as taste value, not on appearance because even to him some of them looked particularly grotesque.

The goblin king was dressed to impress in his finest clothes, very kingly to the goblins though he wasn't sure that she would see them as anymore charming than his regular clothes. She no doubt would be stunning, several goblin maids had gone some time ago to help her dress and he could just picture the trouble that the human woman who was almost as tall as he was-without his boots-was giving them without intending to. But the maids would be gracious to her and do their duty no matter how difficult without a fuss, because that was what he had ordered them to do.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:00 pm

As Sarah had been following the crystal, she had been startled by some maids. They seemed nervous, but thrilled to have her around. They said that she was requested for dinner and they were there to help her get ready . She allowed them to help her get dressed. It was a deep blue gown that flowed around her body like water. She gasped as they tightened the lace on the back, but said nothing. It wasn't uncomfortable, she just wasn't used to having something this tight to her body. She was used to baggy shirts, not tight bodices.

Two goblins met her in the hall and bowed slightly before they grunted for her to follow. She was wondering how long it would take to get to the dining hall. She was rather hungry, and smiled as she smelled the food. She tucked some hair behind her ear as she stood in front of the door. She was suddenly nervous. Knock it off Sarah, just stop it, you're just eating dinner. She scolded herself. Sarah wasn't sure why she was so nervous, but she had little time to think as the door was opened suddenly.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:14 am

Jareth quickly stood as two goblins opened the door, Sarah had arrived and oh she was breathtaking. He nearly fell to his knees when he saw her, a lovely pink gown with black accents suited her well; almost a little too well. Giving her a handsome smile, he held onto his chair to keep himself standing upright, though he didn't lean on it and thus gave no obvious inclination that she had such an effect on him.

"Welcome Sarah, to dinner", the goblins cackled, but one glance from him and they stopped, it wasn't their fault, they were just doing what goblin's did best, taking advantage of her fears for their own amusement. "Please", he said generously, "sit."

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:44 pm

Sarah pursed her lips slightly as she spotted Jareth. He was amazingly handsome, and she was upset that she felt so taken by him. She managed a half of a smile, and it was mostly full of unsaid sarcastic remarks. She glanced at the goblins and frowned, but was glad that Jareth was being personable. She remembered a Jareth much differently, and this new, and perhaps improved, one kind of startled her a little. She nodded her head and she walked over to an elaborate chair.

"Thank you for sending Toby home. I'm sure he's upset, but I can't have him down here. He belongs in our world, and not down here." She said politely.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!