Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

[The][Goblin][King]: A Need For Sarah [Closed]

a topic in Movies & Film, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based on movies or other film media.

Re: [The][Goblin][King]: A Need For Sarah [Closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:53 pm

The goblin king waved off her comment, but accepted her thanks; he would not tell her that getting her there had been something of his plan the entire time, it wasn't really Toby that he'd wanted but her, and now he had her. Oh yes he had her, flesh and blood and softness and warmth all wrapped up into one delightful human being and standing like a present ready to be unwrapped across the room from him.

Pacing patiently towards her, his footsteps echoed around the silence; the goblin's scattered as he moved. He smiled when he reached her, gently pulling out her seat and offering for her to sit with a simple motion of his hand.

"I am glad you could join me Sarah, you don't know what it means to me", his voice was soft and even, coaxing much like it had always been, but he wasn't as he had always been. He woudln't tell her, not now, perhaps not ever if he could get away with it, that she was the very thing that stole his power so long ago. He had weakened when she'd stricken him with those simple words of hers.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

animegalz
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Sarah remembered easily their interaction earlier, and she wanted to forget it. She didn't want to believe in any way that the moment she had told him he held no power over her, he had all ready captured her heart. She was bent on hating him, and wanted to prove to him that she could out last the alotted time period she had to stay there. She knew she couldn't deny how devilishly handsome he was, but she could certainly mask away her feelings from him.

She had a moment of weakness earlier, and she didn't want to think about it. Sarah watched Jareth as he walked to her. She wondered what was going through his head, but managed a small smile as he pulled the chair out for her. She mumbled a "thanks" before she sat down. She was surprised by his words and his tone, but made no mention of it or any comment towards it.

"So what am I supposed to do here?" she asked at a weak attempt to start a conversation. She may pretend to dislike him, and want to hate him, but she knew she couldn't ignore him, that would be rude.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:10 pm

The king turned and slowly paced back to his seat.

"I suppose that depends on what it is that you WANT to do", he said lightly, "you are a guest, therefore I am not going to order you where you should go, nor am I going to give you chores to do, you are not a prisoner, you shant be helping the goblins with their work, though they shall be helping you at every turn should you need something that I can not provide to you." He placed himself in his seat and motioned to the table. "Eat, I promise it tastes better than it looks."

With that, he started portioning food onto his plate lightly, digging into some rather detestable looking dishes.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Sarah eyed him carefully and shook her head. "I don't know, last time I was here I was racing to save my brother's life." She shrugged her shoulders lightly. She turned her eyes to the food and was instantly uneasy. It didn't look very great. She glanced up at the Goblin King and watched as he served himself some of the food. She was unsure what to start with, so she mimicked him and put the same food on her plate, though in smaller amounts. She frowned for a moment, but decided that it was better then starving.

Sarah chewed slowly, prepared to make a face, but it soon turned into a pleasant smile and she ate with an open mind. "You were right, this is rather fantastic. What is it?" she asked curiously before she thought about her question. "Never mind, I don't want to know." She stated as she wiped her mouth.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Jareth could have laughed at her adorable response to the food, he had actually expected her to demand him go galavanting off to her world to bring her back food as she no doubt knew that he would not let her starve, but she had not. She had accepted that this was what he had to offer and thus had tried it before she judged it.

"I am glad it is something that you will eat", he said lightly, "as far as what you can do, there are gardens, mazes, riddle rooms, you may explore all you like, if you get lost all you need to do is say so aloud and there will be a goblin beside you in moments to lead you back to the castle. I am sure that-if you would like to help the goblins-there are various jobs that you would enjoy doing." He took another bite and slowly chewed and swallowed, "There is quite a bit here for you to learn if you like, you simply need to decide what you would like to do."

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:01 pm

Sarah watched Jareth carefully for a moment, unsure of his motives. He was being so, so...nice. It was strange. She didn't understand why he would be so nice to her. Unless of course... she stopped herself. She refused to let her mind wander in that direction. "Well you should never judge a book by its cover." She quoted to him as she continued to eat. "Well it sounds like I'll have plenty to do to keep myself occupied." It was as though there was a double meaning behind her words. It was almost as if she was daring him to sweep her off of her feet and have her declare her love for him.

"Are you-" she stopped the sarcastic remark instantly and put more food in her mouth so she wouldn't upset the peaceful balance between them at the moment. "What do you do here?" she finally inquired.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:14 pm

The goblin king flashed a brief smile and leaned his chin on his hand.

"What do I do?", he repeated lightly, "I am the king, my duties are rather boring, I watch over the kingdom, keep us at peace with the surrounding countries, fight off the annoying advances of the Queen Lafayette, the ruler of the land east of here, ghouls you could call them, though not the ones I am sure you are thinking of. They are something in between, all the magics of a goblin, but the beauty of a nymph. She really is quite a dull little flower." He took another bite and slowly chewed and swallowed, "I wouldn't suggest you wander out of my lands it would be difficult to protect you if you are out of my domain."

Oh there was no doubt that Jareth would have chased after her if one of the neighboring kingdoms kidnapped the object of his desires, but he really would rather have not go through the trouble.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Sarah listened with interest, though she tried not to seem that way. She wondered why he hadn't gone crazy yet from boredem, but then she realized that he probably all ready had and this was why he was the way he was. "Wow, well it all seems very different from where I come from." She said quietly as she picked up the goblet and took a small drink. She wasn't sure what to do now as she had run out of things to ask him. There were always personal questions, but she wanted to not seem interested in him or that might encourage him to try harder to steal her heart away. She was so frustrated with her thoughts, that she seemed distant at the moment.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:18 pm

"Why don't you tell me about yourself Sarah", his voice broke into her thoughts, he sat there smiling gently at her, slowly taking small bites of food and intently watching her. He wanted to know everything about her, everything that there was to know, everything that had transpired through the years that he had been forced to leave her alone. He wanted her to tell him all that there was to know about her, he wanted to memorize the exact color of her eyes, to count every single smile and taste every word she would ever say.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Sarah stared at him strangely for a moment as he said she should tell him all about herself. "Uh, why?" she asked seemingly a bit confused. "I don't entirely understand why you'd want to know about me. I lead a very boring life." She spoke honestly to him as she shrugged her shoulders. "I have no social life, and my parents believe that I am clinicly insane." She told him as she looked around the large dining hall. It was truly magnificent.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:47 pm

This time the goblin king DID burst into fits of laughter, he wasn't laughing at her, he really wasn't, he was laughing at himself, though he was sure she would assume that he was laughing at her. Before she could say anything or get offended he held up his hands to show that she should wait a moment for him to explain. It took that moment and many more for his laughter to subside, and when it did he had to wipe the tears from his eyes.

"Forgive me, my dear, but your life may be boring to you, but it is entirely enthralling to me", he said lightly, "just as my life, may be an utter bore to me, may be entertaining to you."

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Sarah narrowed her eyes as she was thoroughly offended. She folded her arms across her chest as he laughed. She didn't care that he explained why he was laughing, she was just offended he laughed. "Well I'm glad that it amuses you that I'm enthralling you, but I'd like to go to bed now." She said firmly. She didn't care if he wasn't laughing at her, but she definitely wasn't laughing so he wasn't laughing with her. She just wanted to go to bed. The stress of everything had her on end.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 pm

Feeling slightly guilty, the king nodded and rang a small bell that was sitting beside his plate, two goblin women came and waited patiently for the girl to get up, then ushered her out.

"Good night Sarah", he called after her, not smiling at all, a look of faint regret painting his features, he hadn't meant to insult her, but it had been amusing to him that their lives were so different. Out the door, the goblin women paced down the hall a few paces and pulled on a specific section, it opened to reveal a staircase.

"Up ya go", one of them-a tall skinny one with a hooked nose and hair coming out of her ears-said lightly. The other one-small but still very thin with a pig's nose and almost no hair at all except a thin tuft at the very top of her head-nodded and smiled what at least was meant to be a smile, though it looked more like a sneer, stepping to the side so that the human could pass her.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Sarah regretted having spoken so quickly, but she couldn't take her words back now. She stood quickly and didn't look at him. She said nothing and followed the two goblins out. She held her arms around her as she followed them to a staircase. She looked at them carefully for a moment before she mounted the stairs and walked up. She came in front of a very dark colored door before she opened it. She couldn't help but smile as her eyes lit up to see the room. It was the same one Jareth had shown her earlier, and she was instantly happy.

A goblin stepped out of the shadows to help her dress into a night gown. It was just as beautiful and glamorous as the dress and she didn't feel as if it were something you wore to bed. After she was helped and the covers of the bed were turned down, she was left alone. She sighed and sat on the bed. It was softer than any describing words and she quickly curled up and fell asleep.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:33 am

Giving a sigh, Jareth pushed back from the table and moved away, letting the goblins clear the foods away. That hadn't gone quite as he'd wanted to, he'd insulted her on accident and now she probably wouldn't talk to him for days. Picking up his cane from beside the table, he started towards the staircase that led to his own chambers, his heels clicking on the floor. Some wondered why he even carried a cane when he didn't use it for it's intended purpose. When he'd once been asked such his reply was simple, 'because I can hit things with it', and he did, when a goblin was out of line he took no reservations in hitting them or throwing them or yelling at them. Thanks to this none tended to deliberately do things that they knew would piss him off.

Turning back to look at the door that Sarah had left him through, a crystal ball skated past him and rolled away towards it knocking on the closed door until one of the goblins opened it and rolling away to find Sarah. It knocked on the door to the staircase until it was opened for it and then proceeded up the staircase. When it reached the door to the human woman's room, it lightly knocked on it, just loud enough to wake her if she was sleeping.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:44 am

Sarah was having a beautiful dream, filled with little children running around. She felt so proud of them, and loved them so much. She felt familiar hands wrap around her from behind and slowly familiar lips kissed behind her ear. She giggled and said something she didn't understand. She did however feel utter shock as she turned around in the man's arms and saw it was Jareth. There was a look in his eye, deep love, but before she could do much of anything, she was suddenly awake as something was knocking on her door.

Sarah rubbed her eyes and yawned. She groaned. What a strange dream. She got to her feet, shivering as they hit the cold stone floor, and walked to the door. "Yes?" she asked groggily and opened the door. She was confused as she didn't see anything.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:03 am

When the door was opened, the crystal ball didn't hesitate to enter the room and bounce up onto her bed, resting there and waiting for her to come near. Inside it was a vision of Jareth, stepping into his room, mumbling to himself about messing up and being sorry.

Jareth had to find some way to apologize to the woman that he loved so much; perhaps a rose garden for her? No, he didn't even know if she liked roses.

"There has to be something I can do", he mumbled, "Something I can do for her that will make up for my blundering insult.." Giving a sigh he changed into a night dress and crawled into bed, still mumbling extravegant things he could do for her, one of them being something about tears of the moon and diamonds of the sun.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:59 am

Sarah heard something rolling around on the floor and spotted the crystal as it bounced onto her bed. She closed the door and went over to it and peered inside. She saw Jareth and instantly felt sympathy for him as he mumbled. She couldn't help but smile. She had all ready forgiven him for the unintended insult that he had directed towards her. She wondered if she should give him a hard time about it, but she found that she wouldn't be able to. Her dream still haunted her as she watched him. He seemed genuinely upset that he had insulted her.

Even though she wasn't particularly fond of him, and would never admit her love for him out right, she knew that she couldn't be rude. "I suppose I should tell him tomorrow that I forgive him before he steals the moon from the sky," she muttered with a smile as she began to fall asleep again.

The next morning Sarah woke up very early. She changed carefully before she set out to find a way outside. She wanted to watch the sun rise since she couldn't get back to sleep.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby animegalz on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Jareth sat on the roof of the tower, watching the sun slowly peek it's glittering head over the horizon, he hadn't been able to sleep, at the most he had gotten an hour of rest. Dreams too good to be true and nightmares to terrible to endure had haunted him every time he'd closed his eyes and finally he'd given up; deciding to try again later as he'd climbed out of his window and up the stone wall to the roof.

It was a chilly morning, he was wearing a thick black cloak over his usual attire, he almost would have blended in if it weren't for the little silver goblin head designs taht were embroidered on the dark colored cloth.

animegalz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Sarah breathed in the cool air with a smile. It was chilly, and she wished, that she had brought something warm, but it was bearable. She walked outside and smiled to herself. She could see over the tops of the houses in the Goblin City and she wondered to herself why things seemed so different. Before it felt as though everyone was against her, and this place was ugly and horrible, but now she could see the beauty around her.

A smile lit her face pleasantly as she looked at the horizon, the clouds coloring nicely as the sun was rising.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!