Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Gallagher Academy (open rp)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Gallagher Academy (open rp)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:41 am

I go to a school for spies. Of course, technically, the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a school for geniuses—not spies—and we're free to pursue any career that befits our exceptional educations. But when a school tells you that and then teaches you things like advanced encryption and fourteen different languages, it's kind of like big tobacco companies telling kids not to smoke, so all of us Gallagher Girls know lip service when we hear it.
//Excerpt from "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You" by Ally Carter//

Valerie Vance has been attending the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women since the seventh grade. Now, as she is entering the tenth grade, Val's parents still have no clue that the private boarding school she attends is a school for spies. That's one of the things she likes most about it-- that her parents are oblivious. They've always had their say in every aspect of her life, but this part was just hers.

A faint smile played on her lips as the limousine pulled through the gateway onto the school grounds and made its way up the long drive to the front doors of the academy. The limo stopped and, a few seconds later, the door was opened for Valerie. She turned to her mother, who sat beside her. "I'll see you in a few months for Thanksgiving, then?" she said.

"You don't want any help taking your things to your room?" her mother asked, although Valerie knew that she had no intentions of lifting a finger to help.

"No, Mom, I'll be fine," Valerie assured her.

"All right, then," she replied. "Enjoy your classes. And please don't forget to call once in a while. I like to know you're doing okay."

"Okay, Mom, I won't forget. Love you, bye!" She shut the door before anything else could be said. She turned and faced the school. Her two suitcases were sitting by the door, waiting for her. She grabbed one with each hand and entered, heading immediately upstairs to what had been her bedroom for the previous three years, wondering if her roommates had made it there yet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Gallagher Academy (open rp)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:45 am

OOC: I'm going to play 10 questions before I consider joining.

1 ) What is the plot of this Roleplay?
2 ) Where do we post our character bios?
3 ) What are the rules?
4 ) How much would you like to see per post?
5 ) This isn't neccassarily a question for me, but, do you mind one-liners?
6 ) Would you like the Sex (Male/Female) ratio to be even?
7 ) Do you mind romance?
8 ) If romance gets... Intimate, shall we take it to PMs?
9 ) Are there any specific character bios you'd like us to use?
10 ) This is kind of a sub-question off of question #1. What type of Roleplay is this?

and before you ask, I say Sex instead of Gender, because a Gender is... Lets say, a Gender Role, which is a type of role, and it is not referring to the two different Sexes, Male and Female, it is referring to, you could say, "The role we play in life."
noot noot

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:21 am

This RP is based off of the "Gallagher Girls" series by Ally Carter ("I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You," "Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy," and "Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover"). The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is secretly a spy training school for girls who show potential as a spy. The girls who attend the school are 7th-12th graders. The school is located in a town called Roseville, Virginia, and the townspeople are oblivious to the fact that Gallagher Academy is anything other than the typical prep school for snobby rich girls. Role Players are welcome to play a Gallagher Girl (one of the students), a teacher, or townspeople. You may use a character from the book series, or, as I did, create an original character.

Considering that the Gallagher Academy is a school for girls, the male/female ratio is probably not going to be the same. However, there can be some young male teachers, as well as the guys in town. Things can get interesting as the girls cannot reveal the school's real identity to their love interests outside of the school.

Character bios and anything OOC can be posted in the OOC forum: gallagher-academy-ooc-t25739.html

Character Bio Skeleton:
Name:
Appearance: (post a pic if you like)
Personality:
Strengths: (computer smarts, street smarts, etc.)
History/Background:

Rules: Keep it PG-13 please. Keep cursing to a minimum. I don't mind romance, but if things must get intimate, take it to the PM's. And, of course, no godmodding.

I can understand the occasional one-line post. However, you've gotta give the rest of us something to work off of. Please try for a paragraph minimum when posting.

I hope I answered all your questions thoroughly.

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemonade3563 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Jaide Lynson sat on one of the beds in the quiet room at Gallagher Academy. She was the first of four girls to make it to our room. She stared out of the window excitedly as she saw her best friend since 7th grade, Valerie Vance, got out of her limo. Jaide started hopping up and down, waiting for Valerie to make it into their room.

Lemonade3563
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Valerie noticed the light on in the room before she reached the door, and pushed it open excitedly to see who was waiting inside. She dropped her suitcases by the doorway and ran across the room to Jaide's bed, catching her friend in a tight hug. The three month vacation had been too long. Val couldn't wait to tell her about all that had gone on during the summer.

"How was your summer?" she asked. "Where did you go? What did you do? You've gotta tell me all about it."

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemonade3563 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:15 pm

"Aww Valerie it's so great to see you! My summer was great. I went to Japan with my parents. I love the food there. The beaches were so beautiful! I am hoping to back back there soon. At least I might get a mission to go there sometime," Jaide laughed. "Now tell me what you did!"

Lemonade3563
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:40 pm

"Sounds like fun!" Val smiled and sat down at the edge of Jaide's bed, pulling an iPhone out of her pocket and began searching for something on it. "Of course, my mom wanted us to go to the Bahamas for a couple weeks. But I spent most of the summer at our house in the Hamptons. But believe it or not, it was a pretty interesting summer."

She smiled, finally finding what she was looking for on the phone. She held it up to Jaide, showing her a picture of herself with a guy who looked to be about 18 or 19 years old. "That's Alex. I met him in New York."

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemonade3563 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Jaide snatched the iPhone from Val and stared at the picture. "Ooo, he's cute Val! I can't believe you met a guy. You are so lucky. Does he have a friend? Tell me all about him!" Jaide jumped onto the bed beside Val.

Lemonade3563
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:06 pm

Valerie smiled and began telling Jaide all about her summer at her house in the Hamptons, and how she met Alexander Channing on the beach and how they spent nearly every day following that with him. It had turned out that Valerie's family had been friends of the Channings for some time, and Val had met Alex before, although she was just in elementary school at the time and he was in middle school, much too old and cool to have been hanging out with a kid. He had obviously changed his mind about all that now.

"And here's the crazy part," Val said. "My parents actually approve of him. They've never approved of any guys that I like. I think it's the fact that he has a 'very influential' family, as if that really matters. I just think he's fun to hang out with. We had some really good times this summer. I'm glad to be back here and all, but I wish the summer didn't have to be over and that I wasn't so far away from him and everything. He's starting college in New York. The school is called Everard University. I've never heard of it, but he tells me it's a really great school."

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemonade3563 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:45 pm

Jaide pulled her eyebrows together as if she was thinking about something. "I think I've heard of that somewhere before." She closed her eyes in concentration. "I know! There used to be rumors that there was a private school for guys. A school like ours! They said it was called Everard University!" Jaide grabbed Val's hands and grinned at her. "Val, your cute friend might be a spy!"

Lemonade3563
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:01 am

Valerie's eyes widened at what Jaide told her. She thought about it for a minute and then laughed. "You know... when I asked him what his major was he told me 'International Relations'. That would seem pretty fitting for a spy-in-training, don't you think? I'm sure that Mrs. Morgan would know if it really is a spy college. Do you think she'd tell us if it is?" She stopped talking suddenly and turned to look Jaide in the eye. "If we can know that Everard is a spy school, do you think that Alex might know that Gallagher Academy is one, too? And what would that mean for us?"

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemonade3563 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Jaide looked down at the floor. "Hmm. She would probably tell us. It just might take some time to get it out of her." Jaide paused, thinking again. "Maybe he does know that this is a spy school. But he might not, so you can't say anything to him about it. We should ask our other friends about it first."

Lemonade3563
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:12 am

Taylor leaned on the wall outside of Valerie's room, staring with a face of shock at her I-pod.
A spy school for boys? I can't believe it! Okay... I can't even believe I hacked their system from at least miles away in a place with a stupid internet connection.
Taylor knocked on Valerie's door swiftly, not even waiting for her to answer, she took a quick step in.
"Guys, there's a school like ours. But for guys. It's called Everard University. Or Ed. U. for short," Taylor smiled and hit the back button on her I-pod, closing her internet session so that the screen for her I-pod was blank and you had to know her password to get into it.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemonade3563 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:43 am

Jaide looked up at Taylor in shock. It's like she read our minds. That was great timing. But I need to find out if that guy is really going to a spy school. "Where did you hear that?" she asked Taylor, as she bounced off the bed and walked across the room to give her friend a hug.

Lemonade3563
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:52 am

Valerie's iPhone dropped to the floor with a thud as she turned around to see who had just walked into the room. Had Taylor been listening to their conversation? Or was this a mere coincidence that she would walk in at that moment to confirm the very thing that she and Jaide were just speculating?

"How did you find that out?" Val asked Taylor eagerly, just as Jaide got up off the bed to greet her. Then she realized that Taylor had just put away her iPod. Of course. This was Taylor, the computer genius, they were talking about. Certainly she would have her ways of finding a thing like that out. She smiled knowingly at Taylor, waiting to see if she had any more details to provide them with. Chit-chat about their summer breaks could wait. This Everard business was far more interesting.

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 am

"How else? I hacked their system. I heard some rumors from other students and... I decided to dig a little deeper," Taylor smiled and returned her friend's hug.
"Ed. U. is a spy University for guys just the right ages for us. The guys are all talented, hot guys, as I learned from their files," another small smile, "and I learned that there's a guy there perfect for Val. His name is Alexander Chenning."

"I'd show you on my I-pod, but it took me a few minutes to decode their computer's password and the codes. Oh, and..." Taylor pulled a few folded papers from her pocket. "Alex C.'s file. I printed it out earlier so that I could show you, but then I got distracted when something caught my eye."

Taylor paused, "A coded file that even I could barely decode. It's a file locked by the management of the school. Or more specifically, the principal."
"The file contains information that details on... Well... Promise you wont tell anyone else."

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CielleAmor on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:23 am

Valerie just barely suppressed a giggle as she took Alex's file from Taylor, wondering when she should tell her that she actually did know him. She stood and went to close the door behind Taylor so that none of the girls passing by on the way to their rooms would overhear their conversation. She motioned for both Taylor and Jaide to have a seat at the small table in the corner of the room.

"We promise whatever you tell us now we be kept between the three of us," Val said in a hushed tone. "What did you find?"

CielleAmor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Taylor nodded and sat down at the table.
"The principal wants to... To... To make them like him. To make them... Evil I suppose you could say. To basically program them to be the ultimate stupid, cruel thieves. No matter how smart they are, he's determined to crack 'em," Taylor's tone was rushed, quiet and urgent.

"I have to go soon. Mrs. Morgan claims that I'm in trouble now... For hacking Gallagher's system and messing with some of their files... Okay, the schedule. They still haven't gotten it fixed, seeing as how I changed their password," She smiled brightly, pushing her hair from her face.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemonade3563 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 am

Jaide looked at Taylor surprised. "Wait, are you saying that their principle is evil?" Jaide thought about this for a moment. "Holy crow you guys. It just registered in my mind... theres a spy school for guys!" This is definitely going to be a very interesting year.

Lemonade3563
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:19 am

Taylor nodded, "Yeah. Yes there's a guy school. Yes their principal is an evil dork. I'm not surprised it just registered. I've got to go to Mrs. Morg's office... I think she wanted you guys to go too."
She looked down at her I-pod, which she had absently pulled out of her pocket. "Oh great. If we don't go now, we'll be late and Mrs. Morg'll have a cow. Which theoretically would be interesting."

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!