Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

New Starts at Hogwarts

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: New Starts at Hogwarts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenderown on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:31 pm

Luigi looked down at his sack. "Yea, this particular one's name is Lucy. I've had her since I was seven. She has a sister back home named-" he looked down, feeling silly, "...Fumpkermuttins"
He looked away, obviously embarressed. He had the right to be, for he had named her. Instead he looked at the castle and noticed it was growing steadily closer, and they were almost there. Luigi suddenly felt a wave of fear and nervousness surround him. You can't do this, he thought, but I have to, I can't turn back! He told himself that he'd learn more things than he could ever imagine. that helped a little. He dicided to grow on this with in the conversation.
"W-what class do you think you will like the most? I'm thinking Transfiguration, or Potions. Mystical Creatures sounds cool, too. I think that half-giant is the teacher..." He indicated the scraglly man that was leading the boats.
"Whats his name? Hasbid? Hagdrun...?"
Last edited by Kenderown on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on your forum, godmodding your chars.

I am a nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore I am perfect.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kenderown
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wallow on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Addie chuckled at the name, stopping when he looked away. She followed his eyes to the castle, biting her lip. She was running her hands through her chin-length curls again, growing more nervous as they approached the castle.

"I don't know." She shrugged again. "Transfiguration does sound interesting. Ch-charms, does too." Her sister, Charlotte had told her plenty about the teachers, but hadn't really said much about the classes themselves.

When he started talking about the teacher, her eyes widened slightly. "Half-giant? Is he... is he dangerous?" She looked at him warily.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wallow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenderown on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Luigi shrugged "I honestly don't know, my brother said he sat on a student, but he's known in my family as a liar. Just jokingly, though, not like some sly git." He looked back at him.
"Well, I don't think they'd let him lead a crowd of eleven-year-olds if he was dangerous. They wouldn't in my world-err, the muggle world- at least." Luigi turned back to her "Probably safe. There can't be anything to dangerous, right?"

Just then, the giant bellowed "Heads down!" Luigi ducked, wondering what was going on- and got a face full of ivy.

Kenderown
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wallow on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Addie nodded in agreement-- Luigi had a good point. Still, she made a mental note not to get to close to the giant, just in case. She also noted that he was muggle-born. She didn't discriminate against them, but she still found herself keeping track of blood-status.

"I-I guess--" She squealed slightly and ducked at the sound of the yell. They were heading through a dark tunnel now, and Addie wondered vaguely how long until they got there.

Wallow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:32 pm

Tate looked around the tunnel, he couldn't see anything except the glint in Tobi's eye due to his closeness. The faint drip of water and the stench of the dank tunnel flooded the air. "Eurgh. I hope we get there soon." Tate grunted, holding his nose in his hand tightly.

As soon as the tunnel appeared, the tunnel ended. The boat hit sharply against another pier, which was at the bottom of a path leading to the castle. "Ouch" Tate exclaimed as he was jolted forwards, grasping the sides of the boat to steady himself. "You think with all the magic here, they'd have made that not happen." he said.

Climbing from the boat before Tobi and Minx, Tate looked behind, back at the lake. His boat was the first to reach the other side, and the others were just coming in. Several boats docked as Tate watched, with more appearing from the dark of the tunnel. He saw a lot of the boats that came from the darkness had only a few occupants. We must have quite a small yeargroup Tate thought as he looked over the boats, seeing a great number of them not filling the four person limit. Most only be a hundred or so...strange.

Horsk
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:56 pm

As the castle drew ever-closer, Amelia silently contemplated her new acquaintance. She wasn't so sure what to think about the macho-guy, battle hero vibes she was getting from him...but perhaps he would just balance out her chessmaster complex.

When she finally spoke again, it was a probing question, though she tried to sound more innocent than inquisitive. Her tone was that of a typical child who only asked questions so that they would have the same things asked of them. "So, uh, what exactly do you wanna be when you grow up? When you were talking about classes, it sounded like you could be a...what do they call those? Oh yeah, an Auror." She should have known that, as her family had had a number of run-ins with Aurors, but somehow, the word had slipped her mind. "But I don't think Aurors usually defeat people and stand over their bodies for kicks and giggle. I could be wrong, though."
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Typhon13 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Quintin grinned at her description of what a good auoror did'nt do before answering "Either proffessional duelist/monster hunter-or be an unspeakable, but im not sure what the qualifications are to be a field agent for them" He admited sourly "But im going to check-then I know what to aim for class & grade wise." He said, sounding much happier "I've heard that they functionm similar to aurors, but they have more leway with what they can do in a fight, and they don't generally answer to the minister unless somthing goes really wrong.." He trailed off "What do you what to ne, he asked, glancing at her carefully.
Last edited by Typhon13 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Typhon13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenderown on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:28 pm

As Luigi climbed out, he was very carefull of his cat. The last thing he needed was a wet cat. While he waited for his schoolmates, he noticed a short passageway, which led back outside, where he could just see a pathway heading up to the castle in the moonlight.

It wasn't a long path, and he was sure that they would set out as soon as everyone got out. Luigi really hoped they would hurry up, for he was rather hungry. I hope to god they have food, thought the wizard-to-be.

Kenderown
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xantara Avari on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Satisfied that Edward was not a threat, Abby clambered off Sandra and started to play with her laces. It wasn't until a few moments of idle chat that Sandra realized that the boat was moving. It was very odd, not feeling the jerking sensation of oars or the fwooshing sound of a sail gathering wind. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't seen any ropes tying the little boat to the dock. "Magic..." she whispered, turning about in her seat and leaning over in an attempt to see what propelled them forward. The twins yelled in fear, pulling her away from the edge. "I wasn't going to capsize the boat." She scoffed, exasperated. "Besides, it's only a bit of water!" she shouted, spreading her arms and inadvertently hitting Edward in the chest. "Oops, sorry Ed" she said, quickly retracting her hand and quieting down.

"I'm such a clutz today," she muttered, ducking her head as their boat passed the ivy-curtained entrance to the tunnel. Abby mewed in her lap, nuzzling her hands. Sandra smiled and obligingly scratched behind the kitten's ears. When they finally reached the edge of the natural harbor under the school, Abby leaped off the boat. Of course, she didn't notice that Abby had untied her shoelaces until after she attempted to leave the boat. "Ugh." she grunted, windmilling in order to keep from falling as she stepped on her loose shoe lace in her attempt to get out. "That could have been worse." She said, succeeding in righting herself. Still, she wondered if someone had cursed her on the train as she passed one of the carriages or something.

Xantara Avari
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:24 pm

His eyes returned to being glued on the magnificent architecture of the castle. It's so much bigger, and so much more spectacular than Pendennis Castle. he thought, completely oblivious to his surroundings. That was, until he heard a girl grunt slightly to his side.

He looked over to see the girl spiral around, as she left her boat. He lightly jogged over to her smiling. "Hey? Are you Ok?" he asked, in an attempt to get over his fear of talking to strangers. He offered his hand to the girl to help her from the boat successfully. "My name's Tate Dayne" he said as he held out his hand. It was weird introducing himself so much in one day, but he supposed he'd have to get used to it.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Well, this fellow certainly was interesting, definitely a leader and independent in his ways. It was always smart to get on these people's good sides, Amelia thought, that way she'd have backup if she was ever in a tight spot, but wouldn't have to take care of anyone in the meantime, unlike the usual group-of-cronies that many Slytherins kept, according to Mum and Dad.

"That sounds really exciting," she said, nodding. "I kind of picture myself as a politician, though, kind of like my aunt Cassy..."

She stopped there, having said too much already. Damn it, the usually secretive girl cursed herself inwardly. Me and my big mouth...

Cassandra Selwyn, formerly Greyback, was quite possibly the worst stain on Amelia's family history to date. Her uncle had run off with her and had those dreadful half-breed twins, after which he was excommunicated from the rest of the family. A great many scandals had arisen within the surviving pro-Pureblood community as Cassandra became more and more involved in politics: even though things were changing, it was unbefitting for a werewolf woman to do that, even a brilliant one like Cassandra. Finally, two years back, she'd tried to run for Minister of Magic, but was assassinated by a rival. Amelia had never gotten along with her aunt, but sometimes, the shame gave way to a certain...sadness...about her death. If only she was human and Pureblood, she would have made a great Minister...

She just hoped that word of that scandal hadn't yet reached other firsties, but probably, it had.

"Yeah, I, uh...I think I might make a good politician."
Last edited by Mindscrew Min-Min on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:54 pm

"I wonder why she kept quiet about it," Edward wondered aloud as Sandra explained her family history. "If I were a Muggle, I'd be totally thrilled to be married to a witch...not that I really know much about marriage, but my parents make it seem rally exciting!" he said, without realizing any of the implications of that statement.

As she tipped the boat slightly, he put his hands in the air and let out a "Whoot!" She rectified the situation soon enough though, whacking him in the process. "Ah, it's alright," he laughed it off. "I'm just kind of bummed you didn't flip us over."

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xantara Avari on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:48 pm

((Sorry for jumping ahead on you, petali XD *insert twins horror and Sandra's laughter at the thought of capsizing*))

Sandra smiled cautiously as Tate helped her out. "Um thanks. Nice dreads by the way." she answered, mentally hoping the day of embarrassment was over. "I'm Sandra Klein," she continued, moving out the way so Edward and the brown-haired twins had room to get off as well, "and this is Edward Nott and...er" Her mind drew a blank as she gestured towards the twins. This day is hopeless she thought morosely.

"Emily and Elissa Eaton" they filled in, annoyed.

"Yeah, well, shall we continue?" Sandra asked, eager to get away from the twins, who seemed to share her sentiment. Both of them had already pushed ahead without a word and were practically racing each other up the stairs of the narrow passageway ahead. "Er..I'm sorry?" she appealed, sure her voice was just loud enough for them to hear. Sighing she shrugged. "Guess they didn't want to get wet."

((Wooo, creation of NPC students who will prolly end up being in Hufflepuff XD Feel free to control them if ya like. Just remember to keep their personalities consistent XD Not that they have much of any characterization atm))

Xantara Avari
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenderown on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:52 pm

As he had guessed, as soon as the last person got off the boats, they set off for the castle. After he passed through the tunnel, Luigi stared up at the stars, marvelling there beauty.
Then he directed his attetion to the castle up ahead. If he thought it like nice from afar, the castle was definitly grand from here. The marvelous towers where the first thing he noticed, then the massive stone walls, which were already practically in front of him. As people pushed past, Luigi realized that he had stopped walking. After a moment or two, he forced himself to walk forward. He shivered to wake the nerves in his body. He was still used to sitting on the train and then on the boats.
As they approached the courtyard, Luigi suddenly wondered something he hadn't thought about the whole trip:

How do they choose what house your in?

Kenderown
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wallow on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Addie climbed out of the boat, relieved to finally be on solid ground. She followed the other first years Her heart was beating so furiously that she could almost feel it against her ribcage as they approached the castle. As they came closer, she started to realize how enormous Hogwarts was. It looked like it wouldn't be very hard to get lost.

She trailed behind the other first years, many of whom were practically sprinting towards the castle. Distracted, Addie crashed into another student. "Sorry." She muttered quickly. She glanced up at who it had been, and realized it was Luigi, who had stopped for some reason. "Got--got distracted." She said quickly, blushing.

Wallow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurenai Kasei on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:32 pm

((Sorry guys! I kinda..died for a little bit there. o.o I had some stuff to do. But m'back!))

Minx shook herself quickly from her thoughts. After doing so, she scanned the area around her and blinked in confusion. Apparently, without her knowledge, she'd gotten on the boat and sat silent throughout the entire ride. She bit into her lower lip and frowned. "Oops," she mumbled. With a light sigh, she bent down and picked up Kuro from the boat, getting off of it shakily. She stepped onto the odd paved dock that the boats had stopped at, nearly slipping and falling back into the boat due to it being wet. She steadied herself quickly, though, sending a glare down toward her feet.

"That...would have hurt," she spoke to herself before peering up through her bangs toward a set of large doors that were set at the top of some stairs. She raised an eyebrow at seeing a pair of twins race each other to the top. Minx didn't follow their example. Instead, she took her time and began to slowly climb the stairs, her eyes glazed as she tried to remember if she'd been on the boat with anyone else... Right, Tobi was there.. And someone else, as well. She couldn't remember his name all that well, due to her being spaced out, and she really hoped she hadn't offended them.

Raising a hand, Minx brushed it back through her hair, taking out a long slimy piece of seaweed with it. Her eye twitched in annoyance. She didn't want to go back on that lake, despite not remembering any of it. The only sign she had given was a small twitch when the boat had almost tipped over.

Nose wrinkling, Minx frowned. Was something wrong with her? She couldn't seem to even recall what she was thinking about at the time.

"Oh well," she sighed and continued on her way up the stairs, noticing that the first years that had already gotten to the top were just standing there.

Kurenai Kasei
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenderown on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:01 pm

Luigi's thoughts were interrupted, when Addie bumped into him. "No problem," he responded to her apology, "It's hard not to get distracted in a place like this, it really is a nice place. I wish my primary school had looked like this."
He raked his hands through his hair, which went down to the middle of his back, in nervousness. "Good God, I hope we don't get sorted in front of the whole school, I think I'd collapse from stage fright," he said, his mind distracted again, "I don't think I could live a whole year with a reputation like that!" He seemed to realize he wasn't helping anyone, because he had shushed up

Kenderown
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:53 am

"Oh... thanks. Really?" he asked, slightly embarrassed, whilst fiddling with one of his longer dreadlocks. The compliment seemed to empower Tate, glad that he had plucked up his courage to meet someone new. This year could be Ok, if I can do that he thought, smiling in his head, but not on the surface to avoid looking slightly insane.

Tate looked over at Edward and nodded casually, "Hey" he said in response to Sandra's introduction of him. Stepping back, as to not stand too close to Sandra on the harbour edge, Tate heard a yell. "Up to the castle now firs' years." It came from the giant, Hagrid. Some of the more excitable students had ran up to the top of the staired path anyway. But most walked alongside, and behind Hagrid with Tate and a small group trail behind them. He didn't like crowds at all, he needed space to move and to enjoy himself. One thing he loved so much about the Quidditch field.

He looked back at Sandra and smiled, "You coming?" he asked, as if they had known each other for years.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wallow on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:18 am

Addie barely heard him, staring up at the castle again instead. Snatches of what Luigi said made it to her, and she wondered even more how they were going to be sorted. She found herself bringing her hand to her mouth, and biting her fingernails, another nervous habit. If she had still been combing her hair with her fingers, she would have probably yanked out a ringlet or two by this time, she was so nervous.

Her amber eyes darted around the outside of the school, and occasionally glanced warily at the giant. Addie was barely noticing anything going on around her. She didn't notice that they were right at the castle now. She didn't hear the giant's shout, confirming that all the first years were there, or realized he had knocked on the large entrance door.

She just stood, noticing that everyone around her had stopped. They were all waiting to be let in, though Addie wasn't so sure she wanted to be. She was still feeling a bit sick, and now it certainly wasn't from the motion of the boats.

Wallow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:59 am

(( Sorry if it feels like this is all rushed, but this Roleplay can only get better when we have classes, dormitories and just time to be teenagers. I'm so excited... ))

Tate was one of the last to the top of the stairs. As he had walked up them, he had gawked like a two year old at his surroundings, he still couldn't believe the magnitude of Hogwarts school. Steeping over the last step, Tate was shocked by the doorway. The large, wooden door had opened and the inside was almost as magnificent as the outside.

Even though this was, clearly, the back entrance to the castle, Tate was awestruck by the design of even the littlest thing. The staircase that led up to another door, was so intricately designed that the thick, white banister was patterned with images, or words... Tate didn't know. Even the most energetic of the students slowed when the arrived inside, it was beautiful, but daunting at the same time.

Hagrid led the large, cluster of First Years to the top of the staircase and lined them up along the top, in front of the large door. Tate stood at the back of the group, a few steps down, struggling to see even the mighty figure of Hagrid above the crowd. But he could hear him.

"Alright, welcome ter Hogwarts.Soon yeh'll be joinin' yer classmates behind this door, but before yeh sit down, yeh'll be sorted into yer houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Yer house is like yer family. Yeh'll earn points for yer house by doin' well, yeh'll lose points by breakin' the rules. At the end o' the year, the house with the mos' points is given the house cup." He said, shuffling slightly as he spoke. His large smile creeping about through his beard.

There was much jostling of anticipation amongst the crowd, which stopped, most likely from nerves Tate thought, as the large doors swung open, and Hagrid led them into the main hall.

(( Ok, McGonagall is the Headmistress, so that's why I made Hagrid do it. Thankyou Xantara.. ))
Last edited by Horsk on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!