Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

New Starts at Hogwarts

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: New Starts at Hogwarts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Quintin, it's not like intros are necessary, after all, we all know each others' names if we were paying attention, Amelia considered saying, but she didn't, firstly, because she thought it better to stow the rudeness around her own House, and secondly, because it would be hypocritical: she hadn't been paying attention herself and didn't know the new girl's name.

"Hi!" she greeted the girl with a wide smile. She spat her gum into a napkin and took a drumstick, using it more for hand-motion emphasis than caloric nourishment as she spoke. "So, Quintin's already introduced the two of us. What's your name?" she asked. She thought it was some sort of animal...Cat maybe...but no, that couldn't be it, it had started with an M.
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sky Harper on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Zora's eyes grew wide as suddenly platters upon platters of food had appeared, seemingly from nowhere. She had read somewhere that all meals were prepared by house-elves, but she had expected it to be a magical, elven type of food. Not this apparently normal food, which looked like the kind of meal her muggle mother would make. Zora reached forward, a little too hesitantly, and grabbed a drumstick. She placed it on her plate and picked up her utensils, and proceeded to cut the meat off of the chicken leg.

"Yah, it really is..." Zora said to Tate, although she was unsure if he was talking to her or one of the other first years at the table.
Like Neopets, but want something better? Tell them 873 sent you! :}
[Psst! It's awesome!]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sky Harper
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Tate smiled at the girl who had answered him. He had seen her before on the train, and was comfortable around her. Biting hard on the uneaten side of the chicken leg he held, Tate looked around awkwardly. ...Looks like most people are using cutlery. He noticed, before shrugging it off and picking another leg from the bowl into his other hand. Finishing with the first, he put it on his empty plate and wiped the grease onto his napkin.

Looking back at the girl Tate tried hard to remember her name. Z. Z... Zano? Zona? Z... Zora? Oh well, here goes nothing. "So Zora. Are you glad you got Ravenclaw then?" he asked, not remembering if they had discussed it on the train already, but hoping they hadn't. The last thing Tate wanted was more embarrassment today. He looked down at his plate, which was quickly filling up with discarded chicken legs, and wings, before looking back at Zora.

Horsk
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sky Harper on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Zora smiled at Tate, glad to know that he had remembered her name. Not that it really would have mattered if he hadn't, nor was she sure that she would have even corrected him. Zora noticed that he was eating the drumsticks how one normally eats them, but she decided against that and continued cutting the meat.

"Yah, I'm pretty happy. I wasn't sure where the hat would put me...It was pretty hesitant, but I guess that's what happens when one doesn't have much of a magical background." Or any at all. Zora thought to herself. She helped herself to a small portion of potatoes, which she had just noticed.

"How about you? Are you glad about being a Ravenclaw?"

Sky Harper
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:58 pm

Tate continued to burrow through the enormous mound of chicken wings as he listened to Zora speak. As she addressed him with a question he looked from his plate to her face, his cheeks rotund with chicken. Struggling to swallow, Tate's eyes looked from side to side in a shady-sarcastic way. Finally pushing the load down, he nodded. "Yeah, I think so. Although I wish I knew more about the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, because that's the only way I think I could fit in here. I was told they value..." he looked up, putting his finger on his chin, trying to remember. As he did he looked back at Zora. "Wit... I don't think I'm that funny. Creativity... I'm one of the least creative people I know... Wisdom... I'm, I'm not a genius. And the last one is Beauty." Tate blushed slightly as he said Beauty, although he didn't know why. "Well, I'm not beautiful either."

Putting another chicken leg down on his plate, on the large mound of others, Tate looked at Zora confused. He lowered his voice, and said with much sincerity. "I'm glad I'm in Ravenclaw. But I don't think I should be." He then shrugged his shoulders.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenderown on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Luigi had yelped when the food suddenly appeared; he was still jumpy from the sorting. He looked at the vast array of food with wonder, many of the dishes he had neither seen nor heard of before. He quickly piled some mashed potatoes onto his plate, along with gravy and...corn?

He listened to his two classmates' conversation, not rushing to join in. The last remark by the boy reflected Luigi's own thoughts, and he just stared at his plate, and realized he'd already eaten all of his potatoes! He then quickly grabbed one of the last drumsticks before they were gone.
I'm on your forum, godmodding your chars.

I am a nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore I am perfect.

Kenderown
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xantara Avari on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Sandra shook her head as Tate and Zora's voices brought her slowly to the present. "Oh, food." she stated lightly, her eyes skimming the provided food in search of her favorites. She was used to things randomly appearing, although she mostly attributed it to her staring habits. In moments she was smiling, satisfied with the selection. Barely listening to the conversation around her, she began piling mashed potatoes (with corn and butter) and turkey (drowned in gravy) onto her plate. She almost didn't notice the plate of drumsticks refill after Luigi took the "last" one.

Frozen with a forkful of turkey hovering between her plate and mouth, she stared at the plate. "H-How did it do that?" she asked, her stutter barely noticeable as the words rushed out of her. Did it come from thin air? The turkey finally made it to her mouth, her teeth shredding it mechanically as she stared at the plates and pitchers arrayed up and down the table. No, magic probably has rules...else they'd have solved world hunger long ago. Prolly just a transportation spell of some sort. Similar thoughts wandered through her head as she chewed and swallowed her food, barely tasting it.

Xantara Avari
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurenai Kasei on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:03 am

"I don't know what I want to get into when I leave Hogwarts," Minx replied to Quintin's question as she tugged a drumstick and a bun onto her plate. She buttered the bun swiftly before taking a small bite from it and placing it on her plate as well. She chewed slowly before swallowing so that she could answer Amelia's question.

"I'm assuming you weren't listening," she said dryly, although she managed to not be rude at the same time. "My name is Minx Calix. You're Amelia .. Selwyn, correct?"

After asking the question, she cut off a piece of meat from the drumstick and stuck in her mouth, lifting her gaze from her plate to look Amelia in the eye; no emotion crossing her own face. She wasn't about to give up every emotion on her face despite how expressive her eyes could sometimes be. She had to be careful. Minx knew this well enough, despite her lack of conversations with people her own age. Most purebloods were all about blood status and the like. She didn't care much for it, but she wasn't about to let that get out. In order to survive in the snake pit, she had to pull out all the tricks in the book. She couldn't show weakness, or it would be exploited. Maybe not outside of classes, but she was unsure.

Minx knew, vaguely, that Slytherin was to put up a 'united' front when dealing with the other houses when Severus Snape was head of the house. But now, she wasn't sure. She didn't even know who the new head of house -was-, much less anything else. She was going off of rumors, and her father's experience in Slytherin. But that was when the war's were going on. Nothing like that was going on now.

Kurenai Kasei
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:58 am

"Glad to see someone was paying attention. I look forward to having classes with you, Minx," Amelia said with a smile.

She'd never heard of the Calix bloodline, mostly because she'd never bothered to do much research, and she wasn't about to go running to a library and look it up like some kind of blood nerd. As far as blood status went, she mainly just used hers as an excuse to expect the world to accommodate to her, and as long as someone wasn't a Mudblood or a half-breed, she was alright with them. So instead of wracking her brain for any recollection of Minx's family, she analyzed the girl herself--though there wasn't much she could tell from her blank expression. It unnerved Amelia to some extent, but she supposed she couldn't assume Minx was a threat just because she had good self-preservation skills. Everyone here should have acquired them, after coming out of a great war.

Finishing off her drumstick, she reached across the table and scooped some mashed potatoes onto her plate. "You could be a healer," she suggested, in reference to Minx's indecision about her future. "Not that we need to decide now, we're in first year, for Merlin's sake...but after all the stuff that happened just a few years ago, I imagine there'll be a demand for psychological healers."

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wallow on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Now that the queasy feeling from the sorting was gone, Addie felt like she could eat again. Her plate was filled with small portions of roast potatoes, sausages, carrots, peas, bacon, mashed potatoes drowned in gravy, with a glass of pumpkin juice. The food was delicious, and Addie had just realized how hungry she was.

She could hear the conversations going on around her. Nobody was talking to her, but she didn't mind too much. Addie wasn't very talkative anyways-- the opposite of her sister. The two looked nothing alike, and sometimes it was hard to believe Charlotte and Addie were related. She glanced around the great hall-- she recognized some first years from the train talking, and she could see Tate and Zora talking. She took a gulp of pumpkin juice-- this wasn't so bad. Addie was once again optimistic about her first year, after all, she'd made a few friends and gotten into the 'right house' so far.

Wallow
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Typhon13 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Quintin continued to eat, while watching his fellow housemates to see who was the big shot, and who was'nt. He nodded at minx's name-he did'nt recognize it, but blood status meant very little to him, other than to use those less intelligent or weaker than him for his own gain. He gave a short smile at at the no need to choose comment "True, but it helps to be focused on what you want from the start-me, either a professional duelist or unspeakable." He said quitely, knowing that shouting about them could cause problems-not illeegal, but it drew a lot of attention.

Typhon13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurenai Kasei on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:01 pm

"Healer's okay, I suppose," Minx murmured in response to Amelia's suggestion, still peering down at her plate as she picked at the half-eaten drumstick. "But I doubt I'd have the patience needed to learn how to heal. I like fighting, and being in the midst of things."

She paused to put another small piece of chicken in her mouth, chewing and swallowing quickly. "Unspeakable sounds cool, though," she mused aloud, tilting her head back for a moment to glance up at the ceiling. "But, as I said, I still don't know what I want to do. While it's a good idea to be focused on what you want to do as soon as possible... I'd prefer waiting," she continued, her voice lowering in volume. "Besides, there's so many wars... What makes you think there won't be another?"

A small smirk made it's way across Minx's lips before she quickly wiped it away and went back to eating, appearing as if she'd said nothing on the matter of their being another war. In all honesty, she didn't want to scare them. But there'd been whispers of another dark lord appearing; someone else to try and take over the wizarding world. Someone more powerful then Voldemort, or Grindelwald (sp?). She didn't usually believe rumors, but the idea of there being another dark lord on the rise... was almost..exciting. Yes, she knew it was a twisted way of looking at it, but Minx couldn't bring herself to care. She'd never cared much for other's opinions. Mostly, because she never had to worry about them. Another piece of chicken was placed almost delicately in her mouth after that thought.

Kurenai Kasei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:31 am

Amelia grinned so widely she had to fight it at Minx's words: now, wasn't that the thought on everyone's mind? "That's actually a distinct possibility," she said, "though if you're thinking about being the next Dark Lord, you best get a move on. It'll do no good waiting with such a, err...profession."

She could already think of a couple other people who might already be vying for the position, but at this point, it was only a childish dream for Amelia, and she had a long way to go before she could take a dream like that seriously.

"Well, war or no war, I'm still quite interested in politics," she said, while everyone was still on the topic of what they wanted to do.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Typhon13 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:43 am

Quintin grinned at his new..friends conversation "Indeed-dark lords aren't made overnight, though even if you do try that path, theres always contenders.." He left out who these contenders might be, but in the back of his mind he was laughing. "Though it would be interesting having a woman in that position since most are men for some reason.." He mused out loud, glancing between minx and amelia "So, dark mistress to be-what do you think'll be your best classes?" This was a normal question for quintin, as it helped him figure out what kind of duelist they'd usually be. He was pretty flexible, but with no real strong spot other than a natural gift for it, but he was still a firstie and thus "not allowed" to fight. Damn teachers and thier weak-minded rules.

Typhon13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KyraiYuki on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 pm

A new figure appeared before the main doors to the castle of Hogwarts. It was a humanoid, mid-bronze male in a long, flowing black robe dressed in simple gold necklace and a silver ring, while a jade over-robe adorned the former. A thick, black cane made of some sort of blackened ash was clutched tightly within his equally thick right hand, and a smaller, but still quite large wand with a deep blue color and a tassel of red could be spotted within his left, which gently pushed a rather tiny, flushed-faced child into the entrance hall of the almost empty grounds. It seemed everyone was already inside the Great Hall and eating at that point.

A teacher to the left of the table whispered something into the ear of the headmaster, a tall man with a long white beard and an air of supreme authority. Everyone who was not hidden under a rock knew that this man was the greatest wizard who had even lived, Albus Dumbledore, who simply stood with a nod and walked from the room. After a small chat with the bronzed-skinned male within the entrance hall, and watched upon from beneath them by the boy, the two men ushered the youth into a seperate room opposite the entrance hall

An odd, toothed-and-eyed leathery hat was promptly placed upon his head, which itself was covered with a good measure of perfectly combed and washed hair, naturally colored a light auburn. The boy himself looked rather pleasant, though as-if something terrible had just this moment happened to him that had made him look so sullen and calm on such an auspicious of day.

Granted, while most would be entirely surprised and happy to be suddenly accepted into such an amazing and talented school of the magic arts, but of course, something terrible DID indeed just happen to him. His mother, the one person he could actually open up and talk to frankly and clearly had been killed in a freak 'accident', causing an entirely different attitude to appear from the boy. An odd glow appeared from within the boys brain as the hat actually began to talk to him! How odd he had thought this had been, as the hat simply uttered the word "Ravenclaw!" before being removed from the boys head and placed back in a special box made simply for said purpose.

The boy was then promptly removed from the room and pushed into the great hall, where he would be shown to the correct table, beautifully adorned with Blue and Bronze items and with floating white candles, which were instantly light with a flick of the Headmaster's clicking wrist. He simply stares at the other Ravenclaw's, before turning and looking out of one of the large, church-like windows on the south side of the room.

KyraiYuki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:03 am

OOC: Shit, well this kinda' died. In an attempt to save it I'll post, I'm just crossing my fingers. Sorry thought, it's my fault entirely. I've had stuff on.

Tate's stomach began to bulge with 'fullness,' prompting him to look down at his plate; it was covered in discarded chicken bones. 'Wow, I didn't know I liked chicken so much.' he thought, knowing that he was eating purely from nerves. He looked from the mound of chicken just in time to see a late arrival enter. 'That's strange. I thought everyone was here already, I didn't know they let you in late.' he thought to himself, before realizing that in fact he knew very little of the workings of Hogwarts. The only magical side of life he had encountered before was Quidditch, but that's only because of his brother.

The new boy sat at the same table, Ravenclaw, but didn't initiate any conversation instead just stared around at the wondrous decor which had startled Tate earlier. With a new found sense of confidence with the new school he had gained from talking to several new people, Tate thought he should speak with the new boy. Before he could release a single sound from his lips however, McGonagall stood once more and began to announce yet again. The words sailed over Tate's head as he wiped his hands against the napkin which lay in front of him. Looking back at the Headmistress, Tate caught the last few words which were "First years, the prefects will now lead you to your dorm rooms." Realizing he was a first year, and that the new information applied to him, Tate looked around quickly for someone to lead him.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KeelieRavenWolf on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:57 am

OOC: Hello, well, I'm gonna jump in the only way I'd know how, making a scene and causing much blushing on my behalf seeing as this has actually happened to me, which is a story we shall return to at another time. I've been on-and-off roleplaying Harry Potter for a few years, depending on school and work scheduling, and all my old forums have died so now I'm here. I hope I'm not intruding too much.

Keelie skidded to a stop just outside the Great Hall, cursing herself again silently for her foolishness. She finished pinning the tattered fabric of her blue sweater sleeve together as she caught the last words out of the Headmistresses mouth, her lips curling over her teeth in a hiss. She hated herself, cursing her very existance. She'd missed the Start of Term Feast yet agin, making it her third consecutive year to do so. Why did she have to be such a clutz, and why did Madame Pomfrey always insist on stitching her back up again? It seemed as if she would be going to bed hungry again tonight, unless she was very lucky, and quick.

She smiled as the first few students reached and opened the doors, ducking in an attempt to sneak past, hoping some of the good food had been left. She glanced under the arm of an unusually tall Gryffindor student, straight in the direction of her own house table' and pushing herself into the oncoming students.

As she broke free, her boot caught what seemed to be a flat surface, sending her crashing to the ground in a heap. She hit her elbow on the stone flooring, grimacing at the fresh wave of heat flushing her already darkened cheeks at the snickers behind her. "You've done it now" she said to herself, placing her hand against the floor to steady herself. A long rip in her tights formed as she stood, one of her boot buckles having caught the fabric.

She brushed herself off, then continued the last few feet to the still crowded Ravenclaw table, hoping there was something left. The fifth year was on the verge of tears. Falling in the Great Hall was not a way to start off the year on a good note. Of course, neither was falling into, and subsequently putting her arm straight through, the glass window on the door of the Hogwarts Express.

Keelie's evening was not going well, and she could see that this year, she might not be able to stay as hidden as she had been her last four.
I hope you know, our one night of irresponsibility and horrible cliches and shirking our duties, that was the most fun I've had in years.

ImageImageImageImageImage

KeelieRavenWolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurenai Kasei on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:15 pm

Minx answered quietly as she stood up from her seat, replying to Quintin's rather abrupt question. "I'm fairly decent in all of the subjects taught here. But I tend to excel in Defense, and Charms." And healing, but they don't need to know that, she thought to herself as she gathered Kuro from his place on the table. He'd decided that it would be a good idea to try and steal as much food from the plates on the table while he was able to. Minx frowned and muttered a quiet, "brat", under her breath.

The students at the table were gathering up what little belongings they'd brought with them to the welcoming feast and had begun following a dark haired girl and blonde boy from the room. Those must be the prefects for slytherin, she mused as she stepped over the bench, careful not to trip over the long wooden structure. As she took a step forward, she very nearly tripped over a girl that had fallen face first into the ground after rushing into the great hall. Minx raised an eyebrow as the girl stood up quickly and made her way to the ravenclaw table. "Weird," she mumbled. She shook her head just slightly, brushing blonde hair from her face before following after the prefects who were calling for the first years.

She kept her gaze forward and slightly tilted toward the ground as to not trip over anyone else that may have fallen in the rush of students who were trying vainly to escape the great hall. She wrinkled her nose in distaste. This school had clearly gone to shambles after the 'great', she snorted, Albus Dumbledore had died in the war against Voldemort. Minx narrowed her eyes just faintly. While she had no problems with muggleborns and half-bloods attending the school, they did seem to make everything more disastrous and disorderly then the rest of the students who had been brought up properly.

Minx sighed inwardly. "Guess I'll just have to get used to it," she spoke to herself as she stepped forward, ignoring the pushing and shoving that was going on around her. She stepped carefully around the other students, managing to slide between quite a few squabbling teenagers before making it the door. It was much less chaotic out here. Her gaze travelled across the hall as she tried to find the prefects of her house. She couldn't see them anywhere, so she assumed that they were still in the great hall trying to wrestle their way through. Quietly, she leaned back against the wall a few feet away from the door. Far enough away that she wouldn't get hit by the large oak doors or any other students, but close enough that she'd be able to see the prefects and other slytherin's should they come through the door.

Kurenai Kasei
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!