Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wild Arms, Wings of the Drifter

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Wild Arms, Wings of the Drifter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:29 pm

(OOC: Sorry, I haven't posted in a while.)
Roger woke up to a pounding headache. "Aw heck! What did they put in that whiskey, that stuff never used to put me out like that before!" He sat up in bed, hoping he hadn't woken up the others. It seemed he was the first person awake, and they'd acquired a suite mate. He stepped out to get some water. He'd rested well, and the events of the night were almost forgotten. I hope the person who's after Trent is just another human, but somehow I doubt it.

"If I die, put on my tombstone that I died doing what I loved, eating babies."
-Rinna Cooper

"If you wanna make a statement, say nothin at all."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 am

Josh sat up in his bed with a disgruntled look on his face and a loud growling from his stomach. He had neglected to eat anything last night and despite the many milks he had been drinking in place of alcohol He was quite hungry now. He always enjoyed getting drinks for everyone while he himself received drinks that looked alcoholic but weren't. It was always fun to see people getting drunk from a non drunk point of view.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt: Short enough to keep interest, but long enough to cover the important parts." -Freezie.

NINJA VANISH
*disappears in a puff of smoke*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:22 pm

(OOC: it is indeed fun to watch people get drunk while you remain sober.)
"Morning Josh," Becca said, in a low voice. "Looks like that vision took more out of us than we thought. I guess Jeck brought us back, but what are your plans? After seeing that vision, I can't just leave here without going to the statue of Ione Paua, and seeing how I can help Filgaia."

-------------------------
Jeck had stayed awake all night, as he seldom slept. He'd had unsual sleep habits for a long time. As such, he was enjoying a nice breakfast down on the lower floor of the inn, waiting for the rest of the drifters to wander down.
"There is none so blind as he who will not see" -William Shakespeare
"The characters make the story, not the other way around."-myself
"One thing you can do is cry for her."
-Kazuma The Shell Bullet
"Sometimes, the only way to win the battle is to never let it occur."
-quote from Pot Shots.
unique-way-battle-t24456.html

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:44 am

Josh looked at her than stretched and yawned a bit, sniffed than looked her over.

"Are you really going to ask that question this early in the morning? I haven't really had time to think about it, but on the other hand just cause I'm a greedy bastard doesn't mean I don't plan to help you. I don't want the demons to win cause that means I don't have a place to live any more. There are probably a lot better people to have chosen than me but there is something to be said about the fact that I was chosen so I really can't turn you down. On the other other hand... I'm hungry and want breakfast, so if your buying than I will tell you what I decide after a meal." And with that long rambling sentence out of his system he fell back to his pillow and tried to go back to sleep.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Name: Lance Graves
Description: Image
Weapon(s): Image (custom) Cross-13 (x2)
Tool: dynamite
Abilities: wields two ARMs, and channels dark magic into bullets. Has a secret power to instantly kill enemies.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:07 pm

(OOC: All right soul eater 13, you're accepted. However, I don't mind the instant death thing, but I would like to restrict it so that some enemies will be immune. Much like most RPG's, bosses will be immune to instant death attacks. Otherwise, they wouldn't provide a challenge (and nothing is more frustrating than seeing an epic boss that you plan out for days go down in a single attack...) Normal monsters on the other hand will easily fall to your abilities.)

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:11 pm

(OOC: I meant instant death to lesser enemies. I'm not gonna make it too easy on myself, I understand)

Lance was mentally tired. He'd been riding on this train for days. He decided to get off at the next stop, wherever that was. He was dozing off and on again, trying to fight the sleep that wanted to overtake him. He didn't know where they were, or where they were headed, he just knew it would be a while before they got there. He was about to sleep again when all of a sudden he heard a noise: Gunshots. The train slowly came to a halt. He threw himself out of his seat, both ARMS drawn. He looked around a corner. Nothing. He went down the hall, more gunshots. He ran to the front of the train, bursting through the door. He saw, ARMS in hand, three bandits, taking the train. "Hey!" Lance said, ARMS pointed at the bandits. *Bad move* he thought. One of them, a tall lanky-figured man, grabbed a little girl and told Lance: "Drop the ARMS or the girl gets it". Lance didn't know what to do. He did as he was told. He threw his hands up and dropped his ARMS....
Last edited by The Afterman on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby khfreak116 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:49 am

OOC: Is it too late to join?

Name: Kari Anette Crimson
Description: 13. Straight Hair up to mid-back, bangs cover right eye. Pale skin. Right eye is red and the left eyes is blue. but when her split (Rika) comes out the red eye shows and vice versa. Wears a black T-shirt and a black jacket. Wears a black and white striped beanie. and a black sweater with the sleeves rolled up. Her right arm has a checkered wristband and a chain bracelet on the left. Dog tags hang from the neck with the name Kari on one and Rika on the other one. Blue baggy jeans and black and white sneakers.

Weapon: The Twin Swords (Earth and Sky) that can turn into guns. (I'll leave it up to your imagination on what it looks like)

Has the "Materia" Ability

OOC: I hope this made sense, please tell me if I'm mistaken.

khfreak116
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Despite his early rising Trent managed to get back to sleep, this time dream free. When he awoke at the crack of dawn he felt a little groggy but other than that he was able to get up and get moving. To his surprise Roger was already up, “and I thought I was an early bird,” he said as he prepared to leave. After a very brief period of time he was ready. The others had awakened as well but he paid little mind to the idle conversation opting instead to head out and to the tavern. First order of business was nourishment. Fighting on an empty stomached was possible, but not recommended.

On his way to the tavern he spotted Roger at the well nursing a hangover. Reaching into his coat he pulled out an odd looking root. Slicing off a small piece he walked over to the man and handed it to him. Before Roger could ask Trent explained it. “It’s Kelira Root. Chew it up but don’t swallow it. Once it starts to take effect spit it out.” He started to walk off but stopped. “Oh and be prepared, the root can sometimes bring you to a euphoric state but it passes quickly.”
Kelira Root was wonderful yet horrible tasting remedy to many ailments. It was said to oxidize the blood speeding up healing as well as giving one a burst of energy. In Trent’s experience there was no better cure for a hangover, though he was uncertain of the roots other uses, it had been hailed as a cure all by many a salesman and flimflam artists. Hopefully it would help out his new found friend.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:31 pm

(OOC: Not too late at all, welcome aboard. Materia eh? Just for clarification, is it materia from final fantasy, or Material from wild arms 4? If it is materia from final fantasy, all I require is that you explain how it came to Filgaia. Since this isn't a crossover between series, I don't want the focus to be on the materia, but it can be there. After all, the demon the group fought earlier is a refference to something else.
Also, Soul eater 13, I don't know if you want me to control the bandits or not, so I'm going to wait for confirmation)

Becca chuckled, "I'll pay for breakfast when you wake up." As she stepped outside, she thought to herself, I get the distinct feeling I'm going to regret that...better see how much gella I've got.... She sauntered down the steps to the dining room, where Jeck was already eating a breakfast. "My, you're up early. Then again, when aren't you up?" He returned a tight lipped smile. Most would think he was stressed or pained if they saw the gesture, but Becca recognized it as his usual smile.
"By the way, have you seen which way Roger and Trent went, I need to speak with them."
Jeck just pointed toward the tavern. "Looked like they were heading to get breakfast at the tavern," he said, covering his mouth, out of politeness.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby khfreak116 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:32 pm

(The materia is from Wild arms 4, btw do you want us to start of when we meet everybody or start on our own?)

khfreak116
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:02 am

Lance quickly snapped his hand and grabbed one of his falling ARMS, shooting the lead bandit, then his accomplices. They dropped. He looked around.
"You people alright?" he said.
They nodded. "Let me off", Lance said.
The engineer of the train nodded and opened the door. Lance stepped off and looked around.
Nothing.
He turned west and headed to......wherever was next.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:04 pm

(OOC: sorry I haven't posted in a bit, I've been busy with schoolwork. Material from wild arms 4 is fine. On a side note, some of my characters say, "Linking to the material" when they summon their mechs, though that doesn't show up in this rp.)

A balazaz was standing on top of the train watching as Lance departed. Going the way he was headed, he'd hit Mithysmere in a few hours, but the creature didn't care about that. The young man had diffused the situation efficiently and without a second thought. Such drifters were dangerous to the masters plans...
within moments, the creature had dissapeared silently.

---------------------------
Becca rushed off to go talk with Roger and Trent. She didn't have to worry about Jeck or Josh leaving, so she needed to tell the others what the guardian of time had asked of her, to gather the group in front of Ione Paua's statue.
She caught up to Trent and Roger, as Trent finished his explanation. "oh, where'd you find that, our med pack is a bit lacking in that department." She shook her head as she realized what she'd come over to say, "before you two leave, would you mind meeting me at the statue of Ione Paua? I'll explain everything when you get there."
Last edited by Saikotsu on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Roger looked at the Kelira root chunk while Trent explained it to him. He was about to take a bite into it, when Becca ran up and asked them to meet at the statue of Ione Paua before they left. Before he could even reply, she was off again. "Whoa, wish I had her energy this early in the morning. Just seeing her run around like that makes me tired."
He looked at the kelira chunk again, "anyway, thanks Trent. Here goes..." He began to chew on it, but was greeted by a revulting taste, He covered his mouth, "this stuff must really work, it tastes horrible. The best medicine usually tastes the worst." As the effect began to come over him, he spit it out, as instructed. His hangover indeed did feel much better. "Much obliged Trent. Let's go get that breakfast. Oh, by the way, where can you get that stuff, it might be useful to stock up on it."

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Lance arrived in Mithysmere. Good. He needed a break. He found an inn and paid for a night's stay. He went up to his room and lay down.
When he awoke, he left, taking the money he had given to the innkeeper. He got out of town quickly. He looked round. Nothing more to do but travel.
He wandered about, expecting nothing.
Out of nowhere, a group of Gob Gobbs came upon him. And they were only good at two things:
Stealing and killing.
Two things Lance was better at.
They came up. "Your goods, now!" the leader demanded. Lance acted as to empty his pockets, but quickly drew one of his ARMS, and fired, damaging the leader vitally.
"KILL!" the leader said as they came rushing at Lance.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 pm

“You can find it on the Black Market or if you’re brave or foolish enough, there is a cave beneath the White Sands where it grows wild. The beasts there are some of the worst this world has to offer. I was unfortunate enough to find myself there once and I don’t plan on returning unless absolutely necessary.” Trent said as they moved toward the tavern. Before they could enter however, Becca came running over to them. She wanted them to meet at the statue in town before they left. It sounded important so he nodded his agreement.

After a brief moment of silence he looked up o the sky. It was a quiet morning but something didn’t feel right, there was just something in the air. “A cold wind blows,” he said. It was a common expression meaning something big was coming, but what and when…only time would tell. He then turned his attention back to Becca. “Roger and I are about to get a bite to eat. Care to join us? That is of course if my friend here wouldn’t mind some company of the female persuasion,” he said with a smile.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Becca thought on his offer, and turned around. "Ok, I wouldn't mind eating breakfast with you. It'll give me time to explain some stuff I guess. All I know is the guardian of time spoke to me in a vision last night, and asked me to gather everyone at the statue of Ione Paua this morning. Josh saw the vision too, he carries the cosmic cog, a medium for the guardian of time, and he spoke to us through that. Regardless, I'll fill you in on what we saw over breakfast."

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!