Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Wild Arms, Wings of the Drifter

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Wild Arms, Wings of the Drifter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Fri May 29, 2009 5:08 pm

"So you have a bounty on your head Trent? Don't worry, I refuse to partake in bounty hunting, my family had a bounty on their head, and they changed their names to protect me after they took up residence in Little Twister. Furthermore, you saved my life, so it would be the height of dishonorable, not to mention rude, to turn you in for a bounty."
Becca nodded. Wasn't Trent's last name Maxwell? He may be related to Jeck through blood, though I wonder if either of them realizes this.
"As for me," she chimed in, "I could care less about bounty hunting. I don't take bounty hunting jobs, as the bounties and the bounty hunters often carry a similar past. One mans drifter is another mans target. Piss off the wrong person, and suddenly a bounties put out on you. Happened to me once, I refused to sleep with a man and he put out a bounty on me, alive. In fact, Jeck helped me out of that situation. It's how we met. It's also how we got our travelling funds!"
She grinned as she filled her glass and gave a small toast to Jeck, for a perfectly executed plan that saved her life.
Jeck thanked her and gave a toast to their continued lucrative adventures.
"There is none so blind as he who will not see" -William Shakespeare
"The characters make the story, not the other way around."-myself
"One thing you can do is cry for her."
-Kazuma The Shell Bullet
"Sometimes, the only way to win the battle is to never let it occur."
-quote from Pot Shots.
unique-way-battle-t24456.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:14 am

Roger sat back and sipped his drink. It was nice to spend time with a team after a job, but in the morning they'd each go their separate ways. It kinda made him a little sad, but most goodbyes were only temporary for drifters, as they often ran into each other in a variety of situations. He listened to Jeck and Trent talking about bounties, and how Becca had one on her head at one point in the distant past. Unfortunately he was feeling rather tired, and was ready to head to the inn shortly. "I usually avoid bounty work myself, so you have no need to worry Trent. However, if you want some backup at the ancient alter, I could come along. If your opponent is a mere man, the two of you can have a one on one fight, but if he is a demon, you may need some help to defeat him."

"If I die, put on my tombstone that I died doing what I loved, eating babies."
-Rinna Cooper

"If you wanna make a statement, say nothin at all."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:30 pm

Trent raised his glass one last time before setting it down. “Thank you Roger. I’d be much obliged. I’ll be headin’ out tomorrow.” Getting up from the bar he bid his new acquaintances a ‘till we meet again’ then headed for the door. As he reached the exit he turned back and called out, “Hey Schrodinger, towns and saloons are neutral ground so don’t be a stranger next time. I’m headin’ for the Ancient Alter. I hear tell there’s an object of great value there. Perhaps I’ll see you there, that is, if you’re game.” With that he nodded to his companions and left.

The Mayor gave him more then what he’d bargained for. In addition to the whereabouts of his destination, he also provided the swordsman with a Map Scope. Technology was a wonderful thing. Though he couldn’t see it, he knew there was a complex nano-network imprinted on the tiny lens that fit comfortably over his left eye. He blinked a few times to get used to the sensation then thanked the Mayor for his generosity. “Be careful out there Mr. Maxwell, the Ancient Alter is surrounded by a thick fog. The Map Scope will give you the ability to find it. Without it you’d be lost for days on end.”

Filgaia had changed a lot over the years. The Ancient Alter was east of here about ten leagues then south. The whole area used to wide expanse on tundra but now it was dense marshland. The creatures that lurked within the swamp were not to be taking lightly. He’d his full strength and that required a good night’s sleep.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:29 am

Josh thought the challenge sounded interesting and raised his glass to the leaving rival. He was also glad to know that they could officially be nice to each other in bars and such. He continued to drink and chat up the females long into the night.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt: Short enough to keep interest, but long enough to cover the important parts." -Freezie.

NINJA VANISH
*disappears in a puff of smoke*

digitLninja
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 pm

The mayor also added, "Thanks again for what you've done for the town. I was only able to reserve one room at the inn, but since you and the others were all chummy today, I don't think that'll be a problem."
-------------
Becca looked toward the table that Josh was at. "Jeck, I'm going to talk with that man over there. He holds a medium, I can sense it. " Jeck nodded an affirmative, and she walked over. She came close enough to the table and gave him a wink. "Hey."
Jeck leaned back in his chair and shook his head as he rolled his eyes.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Roger looked over at the table with the Schrodinger at it. "Damn, he's gotten to Becca too. I wish I could do that!" He poured himself another drink, and downed the whole glass, finishing off the rest of the bottle before him.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:26 am

Josh smiled at the wink and pretended to catch it and put it in his pocket.

"Why hello there little lady, your more than welcome to join us." He smiled and pushed a chair out for Becca. "Any of you ladies want to try me at strip poker?" The other girls laughed but he pulled out a deck before they could think about it and he started to shuffle. "I'll toss in some Gella if one of you fine young ladies manages to get me down to my skives."

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Jeck raised an eyebrow, "you wish you could do what? Get Becca to notice you, or attract the ladies?" He grinned to himself. Becca and he were close, but not that close, but it was always interesting to see how other men reacted to her.
------------------
Becca raised an eyebrow, "ok. I'm in. Strip poker it is." This raised Jeck's eyebrows as well. she must really want to get that medium, she just agreed to play strip poker.
He looked around, it was getting late, and he was getting 'thirsty'. "I think I'll step out for a short stroll." He wanted to tell Becca he'd come by later to check up on her, but he didn't want to give it away that they were travelling together, she had gone over to his table for a reason.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:56 pm

Josh started the game and began dealing cards, it was only a matter of time before he had the women down to there undergarments, or so he thought. Within minuets he realized he was the only one who was losing clothing and the girls where doing better than he could have a imagined. Someone was cheating but he couldn't tell who, that made them all the better at it. Once he was down to his pants he stood up.

"I call foul... one of you is cheating..."

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Roger had snuck out of the bar, and headed to the inn, slowly at first as he was rather drunk, but then more surely as he got his Whiskey Legs. At least one good thing had come from being the son of Janus Cascade. He walked up to the clerk, who simply handed him the key and pointed to the room. "Much obliged sir." He staggered up the stairs and opened the room. He found a bed and crashed down on it, quite content to go to sleep.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:42 pm

Trent was a light sleeper. Something about traveling in the wilderness changed a man’s sleep habits. Even in the comfort of an inn, he wake up to the slightest movement within a certain area. Call it paranoia, fear or what have you, but the truth is every warrior is like that. It isn’t fear so much as survival. Drifters that were sound sleepers were either very lucky or dead men walking. Some say that this trait is only found in those used to sleeping on the ground, or out in the wild and that may be true, but no matter were he was he was ready to spring at a moments notice. The price on his head only increased this survival instinct.

And so it was albeit a might embarrassing that he found himself with his blade to throat of a man that had just become an ally. Poor Roger had just collapsed on an adjacent bed only to get the shock of his life. Trent quickly pulled away of course but damned if wasn’t a harrowing experience. It probably was for Roger as well. Trent knew he was fast but the speed he’d moved at that moment was frightening. “Uh… sorry about that Roger---things have been a little hectic lately. Um…” he tried to think of something but all he could come with was…”This is all a bad dream. Go back to sleep," while waving his hands in a mystic fashion.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:31 pm

(OOC: Sorry, I have been lacking internet access and time of late, so I apologize for my lack of posts)
Roger was somewhat surprised when a knife was suddenly at his throat, but it was in the hands of trent. He didn't catch what the man had said, he was too drunk to care, "it's all good friend, it's a mighty shiny blade you got there. I knew a guy with a shiny blade like that, he was always hittin on the ladies...."
He fell back asleep before he could finish the sentence. Normally he could hold his liquor, but tonight he'd had a little too much.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Becca grinned, as a furry face poked out of her hat. She snapped her fingers and said, "sleep!" The rest of the table aside from Joshua fell asleep instantly. The tiny popepi pipepo jumped off of her head into her hand. "Greetings, my name is Dorma, I am the guardian of sleep!" He jumped off her hand and onto the table where he began 'harvesting' food. Becca just leaned back, "Sorry to cheat, I'm rather surprised you noticed. My name's Becca, Becca Jones. I hoped to scare off the others when they began losing their clothes but they appeared to be good players as well, so you were the only one losing. Regardless, I didn't come over here for pleasantries, I sense you have a guardian with you, and I'd like some information. I can make it worth your while..." She raised an eyebrow as she looked at him with calculating interest.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:37 am

He looked her and the strange mouse like creature over. He thought for a moment than sat down.

"Alright, I'll hear what you have to say." Josh wondered what he was going to do, he felt as if something bad was going to happen but he also knew that he needed to find out all he could about the guardians. "Names Joshua Schrodinger. I hold the guardian of time... but I don't know how to let him out of his statue yet."

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:28 am

Becca nodded. "A pleasure to meet you Joshua, though I'm sure you'd prefer different circumstances. You can put on the rest of your clothes while I talk. I am from the Baskar Tribe, so guardian lore is my specialty however, before I tell you how to wield Dan Dairams power, I want to know what you plan to use it for." She really had to wonder about Joshua's motives, as guardians seldom let just anyone test their mettle, Dan Dairam had to choose this man for a reason.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:42 am

Josh thought hard for a minute about the guardian.

"Hmmm, I hadn't really thought about it before. I figured there was probably some way I could use him to help me in battle or finding treasure but..." He considered all his thoughts on the matter.

"I don't know, I got this feeling like there's something important I'm going to need Dan for. I just don't know what that is yet." Josh nodded as he finished dressing and took another swig of his drink. "Sounds kinda weird huh?"

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:12 pm

"Not at all, as it so happens, it looks possible that the demons have returned. Earlier today, this town was attacked by monsters who were more coordinated than usual, and then a person claiming to be a demon tried to attack the guardian statue of ione paua here in town. I hate to say it, but his power level could easily have made him a demon." Becca took a breath. "That may be what you were feeling. Dan Dariam might have ..."
Before she could finish her sentence, a blue spark ignited within the cosmic cog. With a blue flash, Becca and Joshua found themselves floating in the air above a battlefield, with countless felled monsters and several fallen drifters laying on the ground. On top of a hill, two figures were fighting, one dressed in a black trenchcoat, the other wielding a scythe, and wielding it extremely well.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 am

"Woah! What the hell is going on?" Josh was looking at the destruction in all directions and cracked his knuckles, He hoped it wasn't the future they where seeing but being the holder of the time guardian he had a feeling it was. He wanted to grab his ARM and join in the battle but than he realized that fighting the grim reaper was never a good idea. He looked to Becca with a look of confusion, as if he was asking her for help.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:55 am

Dreams, usually a good sign that one is sleeping soundly, but dreams are not always pleasant. In fact a good many of them are more on the bizarre side. The damn things never made sense, kind of like the dream Trent was experiencing now. It may have even been a nightmare but he was in no danger nor did he feel a threat against him, it was just weird.

He was standing on a plateau over looking a battlefield, the dead lay in the valley below. Figures fought in the distance but who, was impossible to tell. His vision was obscured by the rising smoke of multiple burning fires but there was something else. It was as if he looked through a helm visor, odd since he preferred not to wear armor, he found it cumbersome.

“This battle will decide the fate of this world..” Turning to his left he saw a large wolf beside him. It appeared to have a purplish tint to its coat, oh and apparently it could speak.

“What of it? The end is always near. The world has died countless times over . What makes this time any different?” It wasn’t his voice, at least he didn’t think it was. “Come Luceid, there is nothing more to see here.”

Luceid? Wasn’t that the name of the one who called him in the desert, the one that gave him the sword? What did it mean? His vision was growing dark. The battlefield was gone.

<><><>
The doors to the saloon opened and he made his way through the busy tables and up the stairs. Opening the door at the end of the hall he was greeted by a beautiful woman with long dark curly hair. She wore a red dress…no it was blue…now green. She wore a multicolored dress. “Why Trent, you look like hell. Don’t you worry darlin’ I’ll make it all better. The dress which was now purple hit the floor in a heap.

“Give to her good old boy.” The voice came from a man sitting in the corner of the room. He wore a black tuxedo and matching top hat. The man raised a cup to him then winked.

Turning back to the woman he tried to say something but was to dumbfounded. She was standing before him in nothing but a bra and garter. Now this was more like it, though the man in the corner made this a little odd, maybe he could ignore him. Just looking at her was enough. In a flash his shirt hit the floor and he was working ion his pants when… “Atta boy Trent.”

“Trent, it’s your move.”

Before him was a chess board. “Oh yes, of course.” A pawn was meant to grab but instead he grabbed a wolf figurine. “You can’t escape fate.” Then he woke up.

Sitting up in his bed for the night he looked around. It was still dark out but it might be early morning. “What the hell was that?”

Dalmar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Dan Dairam appeared next to Becca. "Relax, this is only a vision of one of many possible futures. This is a future in which you are unable to revive the other guardians. The people below were all drifters who fought to protect filgaia in its time of need, but no one was strong enough to face the enemy you see before you."
As he spoke, the battle continued between the man in the trenchcoat and the scythe wielding figure. Even at close range, the scythe wielder was shrouded in darkness that obscured their looks. Nothing could be determined about the being, not even gender. The man in the trench coat pulled out two ARMS and began shooting at the figure, which blocked the shots easily with its scythe.
"The moment portrayed in this vision depicts your friend Jeck, fighting against the leader of the demons, who have indeed returned to Filgaia. He is the last chance this dying world has, and well...."
The future Jeck kept firing at the scythe wielder, but just when it looked like he'd shot them, they fizzled into darkness, and reappeared to the left and closer to him. As he shot at them again, they repeated the process, going to his far right, and much closer. He shot again, and this time it reappeared right in front of him. Before Jeck could shoot the scythewielder, their scythe blade was shoved up just below his ribcage. The enemy forced dark energy through the scythe, and it spiraled through the blade, and out of his back. Slowly, he fell to the ground, as the figure began to laugh hysterically. They jumped into the air, and began twirling the scythe around their body, making slashing motions every few seconds. Suddenly they stopped their odd slashing behavior and it became apparent what it had been doing. It had gashed a symbol into the ground of the battlefield, and with a final act, the demon threw the scythe into the center of the symbol. It's laugh reached fever pitch as a large swathe of land as far as the eye could see became became a huge trench in the ground, and thousands of demons and monsters emerged from the crevasse.
Dan Dairam looked solemnly at the two whom he had brought to see this. "There are too many possible futures to count, but an alarming number of them all result in this battle. I am sorry to ask this of you now, but you must protect the guardian statues, and revive them. Only by receiving their powers will you be able to stop this from occuring." Walking over to Josh, he put a hand over the cosmic cog, and a light began to glow from it. "I've granted you the force ability, Decelerate. It will let you slow down foes, but until you get stronger, you'll only be able to slow down a single enemy for five seconds. With time, you'll be able to slow down numerous enemies all at once, but for now, this is all you can manage."
Turning back to Becca he said, "in the morning, bring all your comrades back to the statue of Ione Paua. " With that, the odd scene dissolved into black nothingness.
--------------------
Jeck came into the hotel room, carrying both Becca and Josh. "My best guess would be either a nightmare or a dream," he replied to Trent's question, and continued, "I found these two passed out at the saloon, and the place was deserted aside from them. Hope you don't mind my adding this man to our room, I paid for his stay and everything. Of course, he owes me for this."
(OOC: The next post will take place in the morning, when people wake up. Sorry for my lack of posts, a lot has been happening lately.)

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!