Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Wild Arms, Wings of the Drifter

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Wild Arms, Wings of the Drifter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Sun May 03, 2009 8:36 pm

The train arrived at the station with a loud commotion on board. The doors to a car burst open and a dark haired man wearing a duster and carrying a sheathed sword in his left hand bolted from the station. Behind the swiftly moving swordsman was a posse of Drifters trying to run after the man and take shots at him at the same time. Lead flew over the head of the escaping swordsman as he miraculously dodged the hail of gunfire… or perhaps the men were just lousy shots.

Unbelievable, how did he get the word out that quick? He’s insane if he expects me to fight every Drifter I see. Then again I can’t exactly run into town with these clowns on my heals… I suppose it can’t be helped. A cloud of dust kicked up as he slid to a stop and turned to face his pursuers, flexing the fingers on his right hand he grabbed the hilt.

“Now what happened next was difficult to tell. There was a lot of yellin’ and the sounds of sword clashing with guns. Shots rang through the air and I’d almost swear I heard bullet hit sword a few times. Then there was the moaning, the pain filled moaning and the blood… it was everywhere! Here’s the kicker though, not a single gunmen was killed nor mortally wounded; now some might have trouble walking for a few days and others won’t be able to shoot again for awhile, but they were all alive.”

“Leroy, stop tellin’ yarns.” A man called out from across the bar.

“No, it’s true! I saw it with theses eyes I tell ya. I rushed over here to let you all know that he’s on his way here!”

Trent walked into the bar and all eyes seemed to be on him. Making his way to the bartender he felt their eyes follow him. “Whisky, strait,” he said as he looked around. The three Drifters he'd seen on his way in hadn't followed after him. Come to think of it they didn't have dollar signs in their eyes, like those men, it looked more like concern, but for what?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Mon May 04, 2009 1:47 pm

The bartender grinned, "lots of drifters come in today. Lucky you, I was about to close up shop. Recent monster attack has left us pretty short handed and the town council wants to use my restaurant as a place to take the wounded. You might see into talking to the mayor. Hear he was looking to hire some drifters to fill in the gaps in our defenses. With our security wall not keeping the monsters out we've had to hire some guns to keep them from coming back."
With that he handed Trent a whiskey bottle. "On the house. I gotta get this place ready to take in those wounded."

---------------------------
The mayor grinned gleefully. "I'm glad you all agreed to watch over the town for us. I'll head over to the inn and arrange lodgings immediately." With that he was gone, with a definite spring in his step.
-------------------

The cat bounced jumped back with the agility only a cat could access and snapped his fingers. Immediately the temple was replaced by a new plane of energy, and the two of them were alone in an hourglass floating in space. "I am Dan Darium, Gardian of Time. I hereby begin my challenge, get ready Joshua!"
"There is none so blind as he who will not see" -William Shakespeare
"The characters make the story, not the other way around."-myself
"One thing you can do is cry for her."
-Kazuma The Shell Bullet
"Sometimes, the only way to win the battle is to never let it occur."
-quote from Pot Shots.
unique-way-battle-t24456.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Tue May 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Josh was surprised to find himself in an entirely new dimension and he quickly began to wonder if he would even be able to hit this guardian.

"okay, time to prepare myself with some advanced preparations." He quickly used a Gella Card and Lucky Card before taking aim with his weapon. He quickly began to move around the field of sand as he prepared for an attack. This battle could be bad if he didn't do it right.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt: Short enough to keep interest, but long enough to cover the important parts." -Freezie.

NINJA VANISH
*disappears in a puff of smoke*

digitLninja
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Wed May 06, 2009 10:12 am

Dan Darium observed Joshua's attack patterns. It looks like I was right. He doesn't just rush into battle, he takes his time to prepare while watching his enemy for weaknesses. I can tell that he is a smart one, but will he be able to figure out how to defeat me? He wanted to test Joshua with a little show of power. A burst of sand fell from the top of the hourglass, and suddenly he was behind Joshua. let's see if he can keep his cool knowing what I can do.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Wed May 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Trent spoke with the mayor who was more than happy to have another defender for the town, but Trent’s reward would not be in the form of gella, but information. While many Drifters eked out an existence selling their skills, Trent didn’t see the need for money at the moment. He currently had about 1700 gella, which was enough to live on for now and information was more valuable to him at the moment. In exchange for helping the town he’d receive the location of the Ancient Alter. Nodding his agreement he left the mayor with his thoughts and walked out.

There were a few Drifters hanging around the area, no doubt all wanting a piece of the action, if any came. Three of them were familiar; he remembered seeing them on his way in, for now they were allies so he extended his hand in greetings. “Howdy. The name’s Maxwell, Trent Maxwell, pleased to meet ya," he said with a bright smile.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Wed May 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Josh lost track of the enemy and than felt movement behind him. He had a mild panic attack that this cat seemed to be super fast. The panic attack was quickly quelled as he remembered why getting behind him was a bad idea.

"Mistake number one kitty!" Josh put a hand in his poncho and a stick of dynamite fell from it onto the ground. He charged forward than turned to watch the fire works while he fired his weapon.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Thu May 07, 2009 11:19 am

Roger returned the smile. "Roger Cascade, a pleasure to meet you as well. If I may, these fine people over here go by Becca Jones and Jeck Summers. "
His jovial personality was a far cry from his fathers. Janus would have probably dismissed the greeting and looked at his watch. He wasn't well known for his people skills...
"I look forward to working with you Trent," Roger continued. He was a little intrigued by the absence of an ARM on the new guy, but he didn't want to pry.

"If I die, put on my tombstone that I died doing what I loved, eating babies."
-Rinna Cooper

"If you wanna make a statement, say nothin at all."

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Thu May 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Becca gasped. "I feel the presence of a guardian nearby. Judging by its power, it's possible it is a guardian lord!"
Jeck looked at her in a new light, "Are you serious? You can feel the presence of guardians? "
Becca nodded, "I'm from the baskar tribe remember. I may not dress like it, but I was born and raised as a Baskar so I can detect guardians. In fact, I have a rune for summoning a guardian. It's the tiny paw rune, it allows me to summon Dorma Guardian of Sleep."
Jeck nodded, "I see. Well then, looks like you came at an interesting time Trent."

------------------------------
Dan Darium was blasted into one of the walls of the hourglass. The shockwave of a stick of dynamite would be enough to kill a man, but as a guardian he was considerably more durable. "Well done young Joshua." As the bullets neared him, some sand fell from the top as he slowed down time and grabbed the bullets out of the air. He then threw them one by one at Joshua, and resumed time, so that they would fly back at him. "these were marked return to sender. Here ya go!"

--------------------
The shadowed figure from before was overlooking the town from above a nearby mesa. "They harmed my little friends. Lets see how they deal with this next threat. " He motioned for the attack to consider, and a rather large beast jumped from the top of the mesa to the desert below, and charged toward town. It looked like a giant mutated rat, and it was commonly known as the sealed beast Kalivos.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Thu May 07, 2009 3:13 pm

"Gah!" Josh rolled in the sand trying to avoid the bullets as he tried to think of what to do next. Seems like the best tactic was to lay traps for this kitty. As he rolled to avoid his own bullets he took a stand and waited for the next movement.

"Here Kitty kitty kitty!" he whispered under his breath as he looked for the next attack.

"Come on show your self again. I wont be going down too easy." He fired randomly in one direction toward the outside of the hourglass.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Thu May 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Trent extended his hand in greeting to Jeck and Becca but the greeting was short lived. Becca mentioned something about a Guardian Lord but Trent’s mind was preoccupied, they were being watched. At first he thought it was the armored swordsman, the malice was certainly there but the overwhelming Warrior’s Spirit was absent. A new player had appeared one that for now preferred to remain hidden. Judging by the reaction of the others they felt it too. Good, he wouldn’t have to worry too much about them; it was nice to run into competent Drifters for a change.

A beast was heading toward town even if they ran to meet up with it; it would still cause unwanted destruction to the peolple and surrounding buildings. Just what the hell was going on? Since when did monsters attack towns? They usually preferred dark areas like caves, forests and ruins commonly referred to as dungeons, why the change in behavior? Looking at the others then toward the approaching beast he made a decision. “I’ll head it off. Get there as quick as you can,” with that he took off toward the creature at a dead run. Now it’s true the others could easily keep up with him and they probably wondered why he’d said that. What ever questions they may have had however, were answered a moment later. In the blink of an eye he was gone leaving a gust of wind and dust in his wake.

Blade flashed through the air as blood fell freely to the ground. The creature roared in anger at the loss of it now severed claw. Its response was a powerful swipe at the young swordsman, but the blade wielding warrior proved too agile for the beast and deftly sliced off its other claw, a mistake the young man would soon realize. With a flick of his wrist blood left his blade spattering the sand. The creature roared in agony. Trent observed the creature for a moment disappointed in the weakness of it, and then it happened.

Without warning the ground exploded beneath him. If not for his intuition he may very well have died. Shielding his eyes he barely dodged another blast as bits of dirt and dust flew by his face. “Was that a laser blast?” The entire event which now seemed to have taken half a lifetime to the young man lasted only seconds before the others arrived, but in those seconds the situation had gone from bad to worse and what had seemed like a fairly easy win was now a nightmare.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Fri May 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Dan Darium cursed. It looked like Joshua had figured out the key to beating him, though he didn't know for sure. Regardless he couldn't let the bullets hit too much of the glass. More sand piled in as he slowed down time enough to deflect the bullets, but then her realized his mistake. One of the deflected bullets struck glass and sand began falling faster. He barely had time to dodge the remainging bullets as his deceleration had weakened with the falling sands. He would have to end this battle quickly. He began running toward Joshua ready to spring out of the way of the inevitable counter attack

-------------------------
Jeck was astonished. "Thanks for stalling him, but be careful, when you take things on alone, you can't afford to be reckless like that. He brought his two ARMS to bear and began shooting at the beast while running around him, in the hopes of drawing his attention away from Trent. Becca ran the opposite direction and brought out a Valkirie Crest, and began focusing her energy into it. Kalivos turned his wrath upon Jeck, but he was able to nimbly dodge away from his attacks, and Becca unleashed several energy balls into the air that homed in on the beast. As each one hit, the beast became more and more enraged, and was now in a blind rage attacking anything that moved.

The shadowed figure atop the mesa blew on his call whistle as he observed the battle below. Moments later a monowheel appeared beside him.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7gYNb3GSh4M/S ... Calron.jpg
(ooc: i couldn't find the monowheel ridden by Dean Stark, but this gets the idea across for anyone unfamiliar with Wild Arms 5)
He loaded a demolition cartridge into his oversized ARM, for he would need firepower for the plans he had. He loudly declared, "Despair people of Filgaia, for the demons have returned to destroy your planet!" With that he got onto the monowheel and floored the gas pedal lunging into the air high above the battling drifters. Taking aim, he launched a missle from the gun at the middle of the group. He didn't care if they defeated Kalivos or not, but he needed them away from the town just long enough to accomplish his plans. Not bothering to see if it hit or not, he expertly landed the monowheel and tore off towards the town.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Fri May 08, 2009 3:45 pm

Roger saw the glint of the demons gun in the sunlight as he fired his missle at the group. Taking careful aim, he let loose a bullet and destroyed it mid-flight. "I'll go after him, I think I know what he's after." He pulled a gale crest out of his pocket and placed it to his forehead, becoming the wind itself to chase after the quickly moving attacker.
if he really is a demon, then he would most likely go after the statue of Ione Paua in Saint Centaur.
His speed was barely a match for a monowheel at full speed, and he only caught up to the demon upon reaching the cities gates, which had rejected him for being a "monster". He became flesh and blood again and fired a shot at the demons head.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Sun May 10, 2009 8:00 am

Josh was confused, the cat seemed to be moving in the way of the bullets headed toward the glass, than the cat appeared in front of him for an attack. There had to be a connection between the cat and his glass but before he decided to check it he wanted to use his other trick. As Darium approached the place where Josh had rolled around in the dirt Josh pulled out an activation switch from his trusty poncho of awesomeness.

"I hope you enjoy my remote mine, it's my last one." He pressed the button and flew backward into the glass from the blast. It was a little painful but not nearly as bad as what Dan was going through, or so he assumed.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Sun May 10, 2009 10:51 am

Dan Darium was taken off guard by the mine, and took the brunt of the assault. smart boy, using traps I have no time to react to. You use your head, unlike so many other drifters these days. Filgaia needs your skills. When the dust had settled, Dan Darium was on one knee huffing a little. "Good show boy, you've proven yourself worthy. Keep using your head, it is one of your most dangerous weapons, but try to avoid catching yourself in your own blasts, I'd hate to see you do yourself in." With that, he produced a cosmic cog medium for Joshua. "By using this medium, you can summon me in battle to stop time long enough for you to do one action. Use it wisely. Also, know this: I am one of two surviving guardians. The rest sacrificed all their power to save the planet from the demons. The demons have returned to this planet, and they have already started their plans. With this knowledge, I wonder what you'll do."
As soon as he finished his statement, he faded into nothingness, and the temple interior reappeared before Joshua.
------------------------------
The demon turned around and with a slice of the sword at his side, the bullet was cut in two and went to either side of his head. "I have no time to deal with you. Be on your merry way little human." With a snap of his fingers, his monowheel disappeared.
He then turned back toward the gate and launced a missle at the arch over the entrance of town. As the wall crumbled, he walked in as if nothing had happened. As the dust cleared Roger could see that a white star was emblazoned on his black duster.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Sun May 10, 2009 3:31 pm

The rapidly descending shell exploded above them in a deafening blast as fire shot out in a star like pattern, the heat almost unbearable but dissapating quickly. Trent saw Roger chasing after the one that sought to end their lives and made a mental note to thank the man when this was over. For now however they had an enraged beast to take care of. Its attacks were now retaliatory more than anything. As it was attacked it responded with a unseen laser blast. The goal was to keep moving with hit and run tactics, this would prevent the beast from zeroing in on its targets. Lasers were extremely hard to dodge but not impossible. As Jeck and Becca attacked he watched and calculated the time between the attacks and the blasts… There! Just before a blast went off there was brief flash of light, that was the opening.

It was a crazy almost suicidal action but something deep within him said it would work. Jeck attacked and just before the flash of light Trent dashed into the target zone. Jeck of course was still moving around the beast. Instead of an explosion however there was brilliant light like the flash of a super nova. Time seemed to stop as he stood there with light gleaming off his sword. Becca and Jeck had ceased movement in mid run. Turning to his left he could see Roger and the being on the mono-wheel. A missile had been fired at the town wall's arch, its impact imminent. What was going on?

Trent, do not be alarmed. This is a moment of enlightenment. It is an ability that sleeps deep inside you. This battle has awakened it. You have always possessed a keen insight when it comes to your enemies. This is the true strength of The Fast Draw. Now that you have seen through your enemies attack, respond in kind.

In an instant time resumed and with out hesitation Trent struck back. A torrent of energy shot toward the beast rending the ground as it traveled. The attack combined with his renewed Accelerator technique struck with frightening speed, striking the creature with a powerful blow. A few more hits and it would surely die. As he marveled at his own attack a name sprang to mind, it was perfect. He would call the technique ‘Speed Fang’

An explosion sounded in the direction of the town, the missile had hit. Turning to his left he could see the crumbling wall allowing entry for the invader. With his Accelerator ability used up there was no way to catch the guy in time to stop him from doing... Just what was so important about Saint Centaur?

Dalmar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Mon May 11, 2009 7:15 am

Josh quickly grabbed the cosmic cog and looked it over. it was an interesting item and he could feel the power in it. After the inspection he quickly placed the item in a safe location in his poncho and than headed back to the top of the temple to find Sam, his employer who had agreed to split the treasure down the middle with Josh for finding it before the opposing team did. It had been quite a profitable day for Josh, now it was time to rest up.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Mon May 11, 2009 10:45 am

The demon spoke as he walked amongst the rubble, "If you value your life human, you'd best be gone before I come back." With that he jumped onto the room of a building and ran along the roof jumping to the next building and repeating the process. His destination was indeed the guardian statue of Ione Paua and his intent was destruction. Freaked out townsfolk watched as he neared the statue.
-----------------
Jeck and Becca realized they had won against the beast. "Nice job Trent. I gotta say, your skill with that blade is quite impressive. You did well too Becca," said Jeck as he ruffled her hair a little. She gave him an annoyed grimace then laughed. "Indeed. However, parties not over yet, we have to hurry back to town, Roger is facing that "demon" all by himself."

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Thu May 14, 2009 4:13 pm

“Thank you,” Trent said with a smile, “glad I could help.” The beast was down which left the man who put this whole thing into motion. Roger was trying to stop him but even from here Trent could sense this ‘demon’ as Jeck had called him was not to be underestimated. As the three of them ran back to town he thought about the term. Demons were said to be invaders from another planet. Their planet had been destroyed so they came to Filgaia in an effort to find a new home. Rather then try to coexist with the humans they saw fit to annihilate them, but the humans rose up and fought against them using the power of the Guardians, but if the Demons were defeated then surely this ‘demon’ couldn’t be a real ‘Demon’ could it?

“Hey uh… when you called that guy a demon, do you mean that literally?”

Dalmar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Fri May 15, 2009 8:41 am

Before long Josh was emerging from the hole with the help of his employer and they stood in the middle of the desert on a symbolic platform with a large hole in it. Sam took a deep breath and smiled at his friend.

"What took you so long? I was waiting almost three minutes."

"Sorry, I had to dispatch of some unwanted visitors and a kitty." Sam chuckled as he jumped to his feet.

"You got the chest right?"

"I wouldn't be out here if i didn't." Josh chuckled as he reached into his poncho and pulled out the heavy gold chest.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Sat May 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Jeck shrugged, "He called himself a demon, so I'll call him a demon. I myself don't believe he IS a demon, but you never know. If the demons have returned to Filgaia, it can only mean trouble."
He tapped his shoes and activated the "rad blades" tool he'd equipped to them. In moments, he was moving quickly along the uneven terrain as Becca was running quickly beside him. She was voicing her concerns. "If this guy is a demon, he'll be unlike anything you or I have faced before. Don't let your guard down Jeck, not even for a moment."
Jeck scowled. He knew this guy was powerful, that's why he'd used his special technique to learn the laser ability the beast had used against them when nobody was looking. He didn't like to let other people know how he learned enemy abilities so he made sure only to use it discreetly when no one noticed.

They could see the demon moving from rooftop to rooftop, toward some obscure goal, as they reached the gates.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!