Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Wild Arms, Wings of the Drifter

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Wild Arms, Wings of the Drifter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Sat May 16, 2009 12:15 pm

Roger shot a scatter shot into the air so the bullets would rain down on the attacker as he used his jump boots to get onto the next rooftop between the so-called demon and the statue.
"Stop right there, you shall go no further while I stand before you."
Raising his bayonet into the sky, he sent forth another scatter shot canister into the air, as the first one exploded sending a hailstorm of bullets at the 'demon'. The second exploded moments later, sending two full barrages of bullets at the target.

"If I die, put on my tombstone that I died doing what I loved, eating babies."
-Rinna Cooper

"If you wanna make a statement, say nothin at all."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Mon May 18, 2009 11:08 pm

The shower of bullets began pelting the 'demon' in front of Roger. He deflected the bullets he could, but even with his immense speed, several got through his defenses, making "ting" noises as they made contact with his metallic skin. One bullet became a problem however, as it struck him in his right knee cap. The bullet punctured that area and black blood began flowing from the wound. Holding his sword high, he roared at Roger. "You should have heeded my warning human!" He brought the sword crashing down, causing a wave of force to hurtle toward Roger, rending the roof of the building in two as it rushed forward. Noticing the drifters at the entrance, he launched several more rockets at them from his ARM. This time, he did care if he hit them. Nothing would stop him from destroying the guardian statue of Ione Paua.
----------------
Jeck took aim and shot bullets at the missles heading toward him, but he only managed to destroy two of them. Becca managed to blow another out of the sky, but there were four more heading toward them. Blue waves of energy began emanating from her as she called out, "EXTENSION: BREAK!" She brought her baskar staff in front of her and motioned up with it. Rocks formed out of nowhere hitting all but one of the remaining missles. The last one was getting awfully close to them, and she wouldn't have time to stop it.
"There is none so blind as he who will not see" -William Shakespeare
"The characters make the story, not the other way around."-myself
"One thing you can do is cry for her."
-Kazuma The Shell Bullet
"Sometimes, the only way to win the battle is to never let it occur."
-quote from Pot Shots.
unique-way-battle-t24456.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Tue May 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Shots came down on the one called a Demon in a fiery rain of lead as Trent and the others caught up with Roger. The shots seemed have no effect on the target however one did get through. The Demon countered with an energy attack from his sword that ripped the roof in two on its way to Roger as the people below ran for safety, the Demon then fired a volley of missiles toward him and the others.

The Demon had a specific goal in mind and Trent got the feeling it had no wish to fight them at this time. Its target appeared to be the large statue in town. Legend had it that the statue was once a Guardian. During the war with the Demons it used up all its power and turned to stone, the same could be said for the others as well, but if they were powerless why destroy them? Unlessā€¦they could be revived, was that it, could the Guardians be revived? If that was the case then the statue needed to be protected, but the battle could damage the town even further. His job was to protect the town not a statue.

ā€œWait!ā€ he called out. ā€œIf we fight here we risk endangering the townspeople!ā€ His words were washed out by the deafening sound of magic and technology colliding. Jeck and Becca were impressive in their skill and that Extension ability was a godsend, but one of the missiles made it through the onslaught. Before he had time to process anything heā€™d dashed forward knocking Jeck and Becca to the ground to protect them from the blast. His blade clashed with the remaining missile slicing it in two resulting in a tandem explosion on either side of him but above his allies.

Fire erupted around him as hot wind rushed by him kicking up dust mixing with the black smoke. His duster was little singed. his lungs were on fire and his ears were ringing, but he was miraculously alive! He looked down at his allies who were looking up at him by now. Smiling, he gave them a thumbs up then turned to face the Demon. He took two maybe three steps before he collapsed; hitting the ground with a thud as warm crimson flowed from his ears.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Thu May 21, 2009 10:37 am

Becca immediately sprung to action, checking all her supplies and readying a few resorative spells. "Jeck, get up there and help Roger, I'll take care of Trent here!"
Jeck needed no more incentive than that. He knew that Trent would be in good hands. He tried to see where Roger was, as the destruction to the roof had caused a lot of dust to stir and it obscured his view of the two rooftop combatants.

-------------------
The demon smiled with satisfaction. He had hit at least one of the drifters below, and he couldn't see the drifter that had confronted him. He assumed he had killed the man, so he started heading toward the statue, slightly hindered by his knee injury. He was still a fair distance away, but he didn't feel like chancing another oppurtunity for the drifters to try and stop him. He raised his sword to send another shockwave at the statue. Unlike his missles, this wouldn't be easy to stop at all.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Thu May 21, 2009 10:42 am

Roger had just barely been able to dodge the demons attack. Whatever he may be, he had the strength to be a demon, that was for sure. When he had dodged the attack, he'd slipped off the roof, but had managed to catch himself on the ledge. He was just pulling himself up as the demon began to raise his sword. He had to do something quick, otherwise the statue would be destroyed. He grabbed his bayonet off of the rooftop and ran at the demon as fast as he could, intent on impaling the demon.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Thu May 21, 2009 11:00 am

Jeck saw what the demon was planning, and ran toward the statue. If Roger failed, he would be the last line of defense, and they couldn't allow the statue to be harmed.

The demon brought down the sword, just as the bayonet of Roger's weapon pierced through him. A wave of force hurtled toward the statue at incredible speed as he staggered.

Jeck interposed himself between the wave and the statue. This had to be the most suicidal thing he'd ever done. He didn't even know if this would work, but he called upon the laser ability that had been used by Kalivos on the group. Red waves of energy rippled outward from him as he focused and unleased the laser energy to intersect the wave of force. The two energies kept each other at bay for a few moments, but Jeck was unable to prolong the beam long enough to cancel the wave of force. The wave of force hit him square across the chest and sent him straight into the statue. He could hear the statue crack, as he felt searing pain across his shoulder blades and chest. Before he knew it, it the pain was gone and he was lying on the ground, feeling numb. He reached into a pocket and brought out a heal berry. They were rather rare, so he didn't like wasting it, but he needed to eat it and soon. He put it into his mouth and swallowed.

The demon extricated himself from the bayonet, painfully. "Damn you, I let my guard down. This isn't the last time you'll hear from me. Count your days, for they are numbered."
He stepped back off of the roof of the building, and as he was falling a ball of light engulfed him and he was gone.

-------------------------
A short distance away from Joshua, smoke was billowing into the sky, and the smell of burnt flesh travelled on the wind.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Fri May 22, 2009 11:57 pm

Roger watched as the demon fell over the edge. He wasn't sure if he should be relieved when he saw the demon get enveloped in light. Maybe he had killed the thing, but more likely it had just made its escape. Not only that, but it had done a number on his comrades and parts of the town. However, they had down their job and protected the town, that was for sure. As far as he could tell, the only casualties were amongst their team. Becca was tending to Trent's injuries, so he jumped down into the hole in the roof, and rushed down the stairs, checking with the people inside on the way down. From what he could tell, they were all fine, just a little shaken by the events. He rushed out the door, not knowing what condition Jeck was in, and went to administer what aid he could. He didn't know much, but as a drifter, he had to know the basics. He noticed the crack in the statue that had not been there earlier. Jeck had been sent flying into it, so hopefully it had sustained more damage than he had. Kneeling beside Jeck, he asked, "hey, you alright?"

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Sat May 23, 2009 12:01 am

Jeck looked up weakly at Roger. "I should be fine, I just need some rest. Remind me to never do that again. Check on the others would you, I'm worried about Trent..." he trailed off as the heal berry stimulated his bodies natural healing abilities, and he dozed off.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Mon May 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Roger picked up the dozing drifter and took him to the saloon. The bartender recognized him almost immediately and rushed over to take Jeck off his hands. "What happened to this man?"
Roger shook his head, "we fought off a powerful foe, but he got injured in the battle. He should be fine, he's stable, but I think all he needs is a bit of rest. Let me know if he wakes up, I'm heading back out to see if everyone else is alright." He headed over to Becca and Trent. "How's he doing?"

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Mon May 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Darkness enveloped him but he wasnā€™t alone. A presence whose power was more then he could gage was with him, this power was with him in the desert where he nearly died and now that he was again at Deathā€™s door it stood over him in the guise of a proud wolf. Arise Trent. Death has not come to claim you this day. As long as your desire is stronger then the will of Death you will not leave this world.

Another voice could be heard in the distance, a voice softer then that of the wolf, speaking words he could not discern. A warm touch upon his skin, calming and soothing him, light pierced the darkness as eyes fluttered open. Before him was the visage of an angelā€¦ no make that three angelsā€¦no wait, it was only one. Shaking his head he closed his eyes then opened them again. Ok there was only one. The halo of light began to fade as his eyes adjusted to the bright sun that beat down on him, and the face of the angel was revealed. Smiling as he up looked at her he spoke. ā€œThank you, Iā€™m much obliged.ā€ Another face appeared, it was Roger this time. Still smiling he nodded then sat bolt upright as realization struck him. ā€œThe Demon!ā€

The sudden movement made him dizzy but he managed to stay sitting upright only now his head was in hands. Raising his head he looked around noticing a missing member of the team. Though they had just met, there was always an unspoken bond between warriors. If you teamed up with someone you knew they had your back, it was a trust rarely seen in common folk. It also helped that neither of them looked at him as a lucrative opportunity. ā€œWhereā€™s Jeck, is he alright?ā€

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Mon May 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Roger was relieved that Trent was ok. He was worried when he'd seen Becca tending to his wounds. "Jeck should be fine. He used the laser ability that Kalivos used against us to try to stop one of the demons attacks from hitting the guardian statue of Ione Paua. It worked to a degree, but in the end the attack was stronger and he got hit. He's recuperating in the saloon right now. Before he fell unconcious, he told me to check up on you, so I think he's alright. And how are you doing?"

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Mon May 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Becca sighed with relief when Trent awoke. She'd worked hard to heal him, and it looked like he'd be alright. Being able to use restorative magic sure came in handy. She listened patiently as Roger explained what had happened. When he mentioned how Jeck had gotten hurt, which she hadn't seen since she was tending to Trent, she wanted to go in and beat him up. He was her closest friend, and it made her mad that he'd so recklessly put himself in danger, over a simple statue no less! But before she did that, she wanted to thank Trent. "That was a brave thing you did for us, pushing us out of the way and attacking the missle head on. Thank you."
-------------------------------
Jeck was having the same dream over again. Ever since that fateful day two years ago, the only dream he had, when he did dream, was of the day his life had been saved. He was lying on his back, several gashes across his torso. These were no ordinary gashes either, these ran deep. He was strapped to four pegs at opposite corners of an imaginary box, keeping him strung out amongst the desert sands. The desert sun was burning him a deep shade of crimson, and he hadn't had food or water for several days. In his condition, he could feel his life ebbing out. He was going to die soon, and he knew it.

Suddenly, shade was mercifully covering his face and torso. "The lengths some people will go to for a tan. You okay young man," asked a quiet feminine voice.
He slowly opened his eyes to peer into the face of a woman garbed entirely in scarlet clothes. Her boots, her ankle length dress, scarf, bonnet, gloves, umbrella, and hat all shared the same tone of scarlet. Even her eyes were red. wait a minute, he thought to himself, red isn't a natural eye color, what is this woman?
She smiled, "It's impolite to stare you know. My name is Scarlet, I bet you never would have guessed!" She laughed at her own joke. She reached into a pack on her back and produced a canteen. "Here you go. Drink up!" He did as he was told. It was as if he was drinking life itself, he could feel strength returning to his body as he imbibed. Within moments, the water was gone. Even with the rejuvenating water, he still was extremely weak. He felt guilty about drinking all the water, but he was thirsty and starving. As if she had read his mind, she produced some food as well. "Now eat up. Go on, take it, you're gonna need your strength if you want to live." He was too weak even to chew the food. She noticed this, "ok, tell you what, I'm going to cast a sleep spell on you so that you can rest, and then you can eat when you wake up."

The dream kept going in flashes, piece by piece. Eventually, he awoke to the hustle and bustle of the saloon, as people went about their business tending to wounded townsfolk from the earlier monster attack.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Tue May 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Josh yawned as he rose to the morning sun. it had been three days of traveling the rocky terrain on foot to reach the only town where he could cash in the treasure chest made of gold for some Gella. It felt good being out on the trail the last few days but he couldn't wait to get into town and buy a horse.

Josh checked his map and made sure he was where he thought he was before packing up his stuff and heading out for the town.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt: Short enough to keep interest, but long enough to cover the important parts." -Freezie.

NINJA VANISH
*disappears in a puff of smoke*

digitLninja
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Wed May 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Good they were all safe and the Demon had fled. They succeeded in their task of protecting the town. Trent nodded to Becca acknowledging her compliment. While it was indeed brave, it was the most foolish thing heā€™d ever done, but it worked and thatā€™s all that mattered. The only thing left to do was pay his respects to Jeck, get his information and continue his journey. Drifters were an interesting breed, never staying too long in one place and often making allies that could later be enemies. There were a few exceptions of course but for the most part that was the life of a Drifter. Before he left though, they needed to celebrate.

The tavern was busy as usual but not just with drinkers and womanizers, it was also an emergency infirmary. Wounded were scattered about receiving field dressings for their wounds. Thankfully none were that severe. Grabbing his bottle which heā€™d set aside earlier he asked the bartender for four glasses. Popping the cork he poured four shots of the amber liquid. ā€œA toast to Drifters and teamwork, may we meet again my friendsā€¦preferably on mutual terms.ā€ After downing the shot he looked to the others, ā€œSo whatā€™s next for you guys?ā€

Dalmar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Wed May 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Becca and Jeck returned the toast. After taking a long swig, Jeck said, "likewise Trent. I avoid shady contracts, as long as you do the same, I doubt we'll cross paths as enemies. Besides, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of your blade techniques." After a few moments pause he said, "I'm heading to Guara Bobelo, I'm looking for leads on a woman named Scarlet. She saved me a while back, and I'd like to return the favor." He grimaced a little as his cracked rib was still a pain at times. The heal berry was working nicely, but it didn't eliminate all the pain from injuries.
Becca chimed in, "I'm just traveling so I can see the world. I tag along with Jeck because I've been able to see plenty of Filgaia by his side, and our skills complement one another nicely. I would also like to express that I wouldn't want to meet you as an enemy, so I look forward to a happy reunion if we see each other again. What about you Roger, what are your plans?"

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Wed May 27, 2009 10:49 pm

Roger toasted, and listened while the others listed their plans. When it was his turn, he set his drink down. "I'm out to clean up the name of the Cascade family. My father ruined it, I just want to make it respectable again. With that in mind, I intend to head to Mythysmere to help the orphans there. There's always work for drifters there, but drifters seldom help because they get nothing in return. Sounds like the perfect way to kill two birds with one stone. Sure I admit, it doesn't sound like I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart, but I honestly want to help those kids. What about you Trent. Where are you headed?"

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Thu May 28, 2009 9:15 am

The doors of the tavern opened up on a smiling Josh with a large sack full of Gella. He went to the bar and announced in a loud voice, "Buy a round for all my friends here barkeep!" Everyone in the tavern let up a cheer as the bartender responded "Yes Sir!" and was handed a generous tip from the happy Drifter. Josh picked a place to sit with his drink and took a swig before he was approached by some of the ladies.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Thu May 28, 2009 11:16 am

wow, that guy sure knows how to make an entrance thought Jeck. A waitress brought another bottle to the table, on the house of course, thanks to Josh's contribution. "Anyway, I too was wondering where you were planning on going Trent, if you don't mind my asking."

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Thu May 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Trent listened to everyoneā€™s plans and was about to voice his own when an excited Drifter burst through the saloon doors and ordered a round of drinks. He was certainly lively then recognition hit him, of all the placesā€¦why here? Trent had run into this man before. What was his name againā€¦it escaped him at the moment at least his first name anyway. 'Shrodingerā€¦' though Trent was only a Maxwell by blood, it didnā€™t stop this man from having a grudge against him. Honestly, family feuds were ridiculous. ā€˜Just ignore him.ā€™ He thought. Thankfully Jeck brought him back to the conversation.

ā€œOh right, Iā€™m headed to the Ancient Alter. The man that put a price on my head is waiting there for me. Though now that I think about it, Iā€™m not sure heā€™s a man at all. His power was beyond belief and Iā€™m almost certain that the Demon we just fought and the one waiting for me are similar in nature, but if thatā€™s trueā€¦why am I still alive?ā€ he trailed off, staring at his empty glass. ā€œHe said I was worthy of being his opponentā€¦ bah," he said waving his hand, "enough of this. Letā€™s just enjoy ourselves.ā€

Dalmar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digitLninja on Fri May 29, 2009 10:24 am

Josh looked up from the ladies and his drink to spot a familiar face. A grin spread across his own face as he sat up and watched the man for a moment.

"Well well well... if it isn't Trent Maxwell." Josh chuckled as he observed his old rival from across the room, memories of good times chasing Trent and being beaten and beating back flooded his mind but he decided to let his rival decide how the night ended and continued chatting up his new lady friends.

digitLninja
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!