Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mirror's Edge: Band of Runners IC

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Mirror's Edge: Band of Runners IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:38 am

Jules sighed as the day grew long. Now she remembered why she hated coming to work. It was always so boring. She sighed again as the other workers began to exit the building. Screw that, she wasn't about to fight her way into a crowded elevator or cram into the stairs. Instead, she simply opened up the window and began to make her way out along the ledge.

------------------------------------------------

Lucius smiled, "Aw, Deagle, you're always a lot of fun to bet against." He smiled as he began to sift through papers. Here we go. Papers on the ID attempts at the Runner Grave. All they got was that he was male. Whoo. What a big friggin' deal. He couldn't help but wonder what Deagle was thinking. Oh well, guess he'd just have to check tomorrow, when the guy came in. For now, his shift was drawing to a close.

-----------------------------------------------

The fluid around Subject 311-IS began to drain, and he looked around frantically. He didn't recognize this place, nor did he recognize the people in front of him. With the water gone, he could feel himself in restraints. To keep him from running of course. His eyes darted around before coming back to rest on Barnaby.

"Where....Where am I?" He asked, his voice cracked, it was broken from disuse. His head felt like it was going to explode. He remembered almost nothing. Blood. That was something he remembered. Did he remember dying? Was that possible? Apparently it was, because he had been very dead. So now he was alive again. He didn't remember what the "other side" looked like. But he didn't exactly feel blessed to be back.
Beware the Wrath of Color Changing Kirby.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Lance sat in the chair, still talking to Lucius."The only reason you think I am so fun to bet against is because my hunches are usually wrong, and I lose. But not this time. This time, I am..." Lance said as the opposing team intercepted the ball. "...OH WHAT THE FUCK! I call shenanigans! I'll talk to you later Lucius, keep you updated on the game." As Lance hung up, he turned the TV back up to hear the commentator say something about a touchdown. "Aww hell..." Lance said, pulling out his wallet and thumbing out $350.

Galen ran across town to where he knew Lance lived. On the way, he passed Jule's workplace just as she was jumping out the window. He slowed down to a walk and looked at her. Galen, she is a co-worker. You can't do anything like that... Galen thought to himself, looking at her climb. He liked her style, which built to him liking her in general. However, he just called out with a "Hey Jules!" Before taking off again.

Dr. Barnaby watched the fluid drain from the tank with a mischievous grin on his face. He waited for Subject 311-IS to rest his eyes on him and speak before making any sort of movement or verbal noise. Soon enough, the eyes rested upon Dr. Barnaby and the question 'Where....Where am I?' was asked. Dr. Barnaby smiled and turned around. "We saved you, my child. So close to the brink of death, and yet the miracles of science reconstructed you. My name is Dr. Barnaby. You are currently in a test tube designed especially for holding subjects of Project Icarus. Your label is Subject 311-IS. You used to work for the runners, but they left you for dead. Luckily, one of our scientists found your lifeless, and somewhat limbless body and brought it here. I decided to reanimate you, as well as give you limbs far stronger than the ones you lost. The only reason you have slept in the tube for so long was so we could build your muscle strength up to match that of your science filled limbs. I will let you take in what I said while I look over your vital signs. Oh, and don't think about trying to escape. We already fixed our last problem we had with subjects escaping by fusing the restraints with a titanium composite alloy." Dr. Barnaby walked over to the computer and viewed it. After a few seconds, he raised the tube, but kept the restraints in place.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:03 am

As Galen called out to her, which she was totally unprepared for, she slipped a foot-hold and slid a few inches on the drainpipe she was currently climbing. She mumbled a little and looked over her shoulder, "God dammit, Galen, don't DO that!" before continuing her climb to the roof. She just wanted to get back to her apartment and relax. It had been a long, long day. Her eyes were tired, and so was her body. That vacation sounded real nice right now.

----------------------------------------

311-IS listened to the man talking to him. Runners. Runners. A face flashed before his eyes. A woman with black hair, and stripes on her face. A name floated to the surface behind his confusion, and he murmured it, "Faith..." He flexed his right hand. The fingers felt wrong, somehow. His brain began to burn as he tried to think about his life before his death. Why couldn't he remember anything? Vague figures moved in simple patterns behind a veil. A curtain was shrouding his thoughts. A drug, maybe? Or something more sinister? He couldn't think at all. He could only wait for what Barnaby was going to do next.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Galen smiled as he watched Jules slip a bit. "Always be aware and ready for anything. Then you won't be startled if something like that happens!" Galen called out playfully before jumping to the next building and hopping out of sight to Jules. He continued on about twelve more rooftops before finally making it to a giant building. It was an apartment complex and Galen started scaling it. It would take him a while seeing as how Lance lived on the 26th floor.

Dr. Barnaby walked up to Subject 311-IS and put one of those hospital flashlights into his eyes, the ones you can look through. He was looking into Subject 311-IS' various facial orifices to see if he was healthy when he heard him murmur the name Faith. Dr. Barnaby pulled back and smiled. "Finally... Finally! This mystery woman has a name. She shall plague us no longer. Do you remember anything else from before we reanimated you? Give us some info and I will loosen the restraints." Dr. Barnaby said, walking back to the computer. He could sense the subject was uncomfortable, and bargaining was the best route.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Jules made an immature mimic of Gaiden as he disappeared from her view. She grumbled something as she began to make her way home, taking a "shortcut" back to her own apartment.

-----------------------------------------------

311-IS shook his head, trying to clear the haze that was so overbearing in his mind. He couldn't remember anything. A voice...someone important to him. It spoke to him from beyond the haze, but the words were unintelligible, "Ugh....can't think. A haze....I can't remember anything else. Who am I?"

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:08 pm

((As much as I love the story and everything, it is too barren now. I am sorry...))

Suddenly the world broke out in full scale thermonuclear war. Unable to prevent anything, the world was bombed. Only those who were deep undergound survived, leaving no runners, and nothing to parkour over. The world, was done. Finally ending the way it started, a smoldering ball of crap covered in radiation.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!