Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Alas, Babylon [IC - Still Accepting]

a topic in School-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Alas, Babylon [IC - Still Accepting]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:49 pm

((Gah. Late reply is late. Thank you, Kitty and Saber and Oran. you guys are awesome~ <3))

Alyssum settled more into Nick's arms, feeling a bit better as his wrapped around her own - hers were still resting protectively on her stomach.

Shadow had spoken, his voice laced with what seemed like a slight bit of anger. "No, I do not need to go to the infirmary. I was just... Just a little frustrated."

She still held that worry though, for a little frustration could do a lot of damage - especially when your ability was the ability to manipulate dark matter.

"Okay..." Alyssum began in a light voice, her gaze glancing quickly towards Nick before moving back to look at Shadow. "But if you start to feel weird again... give it a thought, alright? I don't want you to hurt yourself." She offered him a the best smile she could muster, before settling slightly back in Nick's arms.
y do i have a ƒεεℓเɳɠ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ᵃ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅʟʏ ᴇʟᴀʙᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ՏℍⅈtℙᝪՏt

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Nick looked at Shadow with a certain concern... random strange behavior, the same thing had happened to him when Xen began her little rampage, well, it was his semi-hypnotized brother, just in disguise...

It as hardly outlandish to worry about relatives, loved ones, total strangers, when one was a mutant. Sean was the only one who got a chance at a normal life, he went to high school, albeit twice, and that whole time he was avoiding persecution. Nick was not so lucky, or more so, he suffered a little, but his new life made it all seem worthwhile.

Ian was... the special case, to be sure, but the family just accepted that. Nick found a comfortable grasp on Alyssum before he said, "Well, this sort of thing doesn't happen for nothing. Are you sure there's no... I don't know... stimulant around that could be doing this?"

Nick was talking about horrifyingly powerful hypnotic spores, but ex-girlfriends were just as bad, sometimes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:04 pm

((So, its been decided that we're going to push forth the time skip. It'll all be happening in a few posts from now :3 Thought I'd give you all fair warning. XD))

Alyssum found herself thinking about the babies she was carrying - the babies that Nick had helped her to create - and she grew a bit more worried because of Shadow. What if something went wrong? What if there really was something going on with him that he wouldn't be able to control? She didn't like the idea of singling him out, but the well being of her children was top priority for her now. She could not let them get hurt.

Her thoughts were pulled away from Shadow and his voices as she felt something push against her hand for just a moment, which was still resting on her stomach. Her eyes widened, and a large, awe inspired smile crossed her face. "Nick! Did you feel that?" she began in an excited voice. "One of the babies just kicked!" Her smile grew as she looked back at the male she was resting against. Looking back down at her stomach, she grasped onto one of his hands, and placed it where one of hers had just been. It was only a few seconds later that she felt one of the babies kick again, though the kick was a bit harder. It didn't really hurt, thought it startled her slightly.

With a happy laugh, she rubbed her stomach lightly, a content feeling washing over her. The feeling of the kicks had awakened inside of the mother-to-be a feeling of absolute love and happiness. 'These are my babies...' she thought, resting once more against Nick. 'These are our babies...'

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Nick felt his eyes water. It was a strange, sort of alien feeling, the faint burning, like suddenly his eyes needed water more than anything, the blurring of everything, everything gone soft. He tried to blink it away but how could he? The kicking, the life, there was life, and he was responsible for it, and Alyssum was carrying it and all was wonderful and well and miserable and dreadful.

Nick could hardly get out anything but a few eloquent "Uh" and "Muh" sounds as his mind overreacted, far outpacing his lips as they tried to form coherent words.

It was all a very unreal thing. How had he been so lucky? Even now, like a thirst washed away with cloyingly sweet lemonade and fresh water, all the bad things before were just fleeing, gone away. Nick softly kissed Alyssum's ear, revelling in that moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pease porridge hot, pease porridge cold,
Pease porridge in the pot, nine days old;
Some like it hot, some like it cold,
Some like it in the pot, nine days old.

This same little chant rang about from the young girl's throat. She was a charming girl. Hair like night, skin like mud, a little girl who seemed to be made of mud, but sweet as cherries in her little escapades.

She was the devil.

She had walked into the florists shop that day with a little bottle of black water. She explained to the old man in the shop that it was the ash of a very famous volcano, which was collected in the dew of a very powerful plant. It was a lie, the ashes were of a 60 year old florist woman who became violently beautiful overnight.

The man in the shop was a romantic, and would never want to crush a girl's spirit. He had lilly white hair and a charming demeanor, his face so bogged down with wrinkles that it looked like he was constantly smiling. He took the girls vial of murky black water and poured it into a plot with a rose.

The result was unheard of. The rose began to shed its petals, and more were shown below, they were wonderful, metallic, each petal was made of copper, and shone like copper, but they would soon die and fall to the roots of the plant, which would swallow them up. A never ending cycle of shining copper leaves. The man looked up, and the little girl was singing out her chant.

Pease porridge hot, pease porridge cold,
Pease porridge in the pot, nine days old;
Some like it hot, some like it cold,
Some like it in the pot, nine days old.

The man looked in the mirror to find perfect chiseled features, the body of an olympian, hair that was as dark as it had been so many years ago.

He looked to the girl.

"Some like it hot"
"Some like it cold"

The man was found the next morning, his entire shop encased in ice, everything frozen as though a liquid nitrogen bomb had gone off, his body was packed into a corner, and when a woman tried to move him, he crumbled into pebbles of melting ice. The city blamed a gang they believed had come through town on a rampage, though no other incidents were reported.

In an unrelated story, a sixth grade science class had found what they believed to be a new species of flower, it grew on a vine with mother of pearl colored, orchid-like flowers........

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sxxy_pup666 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Kyra was running around the track, her tounge hanging out the side of her mouth as she went around in circles. 'YEAH! I love running. I wish that someone was running with me, I know Alyssum would, but she's preggo, and running so much isn't so good for her baby. I hope she knows that I'm the God Mother, and if she doesn't then she's going to get over it.' Kyra thought, barking out a laugh.

(If you guys dont understand, Kyra is in her wolf form! OH And there's this really good rp that I'm in, it's called School of Monsters, here's the site school-monsters-ooc-t34865.html, HAVE FUN!)
PeaceLoveHappiness

sxxy_pup666
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:36 am

((Please excuse my epic failure. I tried to post, but by the time I had finished typing up the post, RPG had logged me out. So I lost everything. That, of course, made me very irritated, so I haven't been on for a bit. BUT I'm starting the timeskip in this post, just because I've got to get it out there. You can clear up whatever your characters have going on in the beginning of your next post, but please also include your timeskip post as well. And make sure you let me know what part is what part. XD I don't want to get confused.))

TIMESKIP
4 and 1/2 months since the beginning of the school year at Babylon

Alyssum sat in the library at Babylon, a copy of Vanity Fair resting in her hands. Her eyes flicked across the pages of the novel, and she could not bring herself to put it down - it was quite intriguing. But her needs did call, as the female was only a few weeks from her expected delivery date. She was hungry, and as they always said, she was eating for two. Though, in her case, it would have to have been listed as three. She was having twins, after all.

Marking where she was in the book, she placed it on the end table next to the part of the couch she sat on. Then, with a bit of trouble, she stood up from the couch. It was most definitely not easy to stand when ones stomach was as large as Alyssum's was.

But her thoughts floated back to those who had helped her no matter what... whenever she needed help. Nick, Kyra, Shadow... Even Headmistress Hunt, and Nick's older brother Sean. They had all been helpful if she asked for it... She couldn't help but smile at the thought as she began to walk slowly off towards the dining hall.

She couldn't wait to sit again, though. Her back hurt from carrying the twins around, and her feet were always killing her.

Making it to the dining hall, she took a look around the room, checking to see if she saw her boyfriend, or her best friends... She didn't, at first glance, so she just grabbed herself a very full plate of food, and made her way over to an open table to eat. She made the choice to look for them all later. It would have to do for now...

Headmistress Willow Hunt sat in her office, dried tears lingering on her cheeks. She had just recieved a phone call from the nearby hospital that her mother had just passed away - she had just lost the woman who had spent so much time and energy devoting to her daughters. She had just lost her best friend...

Sitting back in her chair, she gazed out of the office window for quite some time. Her thoughts wandered, but ultimately she decided that all she wanted to do as of now was sleep. So, with a sad sigh, she stood from the office chair, running the back of her hand across both cheeks to wipe away any excess tears that may have still remained.

Walking into her small little apartment suite that connected itself to her office, she shut the door behind her. Her destination was the bathroom, where she proceeded to stand in front of the mirror above the sink and stare at her reflection for a good ten minutes. After, she opened up the mirror, her eyes landing on a bottle of sleeping pills. She opened it, took one pill, and closed the bottle up again.

Her thoughts began to blur as she shut the mirror up and wandered off to her bed, where she lay herself down. All she wanted to do was sleep, but she could find no inner peace. Too much had happened. So she drifted into a dreamless sleep, sad, and alone. Her last thoughts rested with wondering what her beloved Sean was up to...

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sxxy_pup666 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Kyra woke up early. 'I need to go talk to Headmistress Hunt.' She thought tiredly. Getting up slowly, Kyra shed her over sized tshirt and grabbed a black on that was slightly see-through so she gabbed a white tank, then she gabbed a pair of skinny jeans and she tucked them into her black highheeled boots.

Walking over to the Headmistress's office she knock. "Headmistress Hunt. It's Kyra, I was just wondering how the search for my father is going." She asked through the door, waiting for a reply.

sxxy_pup666
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:36 pm

Nick was hanging upside down from the ceiling in his room. He had been exercising to try and work out all the excess energy one built up during the night. He had a lot of responsibility to take on soon, and he wanted to make sure he was in full control of his powers. Nothing was worse than losing control.

Nick felt his power wane, it was intense, and every muscle burned. He fell from the ceiling, landing with total silence, using the last bit of power to cushion the blow.

Rolling his shoulders a few time and popping his neck to one side, Nick proceeded to the dining hall.

He found a bowl of oatmeal. He used to hate the stuff, but lately it had taken on a sort of pungency he craved, and something in the warm, honey-sweetened goo was the home he'd found at Babylon.

"Hey you" He said, his voice a little scratchy for some reason. The oatmeal would help. He sat down next to Alyssum, making sure to put a hand comfortably around her. She was pulsating with warmth. There was something Nick loved about Alyssum in the morning, despite the pangs of pregnancy, she always seemed very fresh then, very appealing in a way he couldn't place. He loved that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ian had gotten into a fair bit of trouble. He preferred not to talk about it and the whole issue was blowing over nicely. His shining silver bottle, perfectly rectangular and very chic looking with its grainy steel finish and stark edges, was sitting unassumingly in the hallway outside Ms. Hunt's office. It looked distinctly out of place. It didn't seem to have any creases, but the rectangular top was just barely containing the wonderment inside.

Sean was full of regret. The last few nights had been hard for him, and very, very hard for others. He was headed home now, back to Babylon and his wonderful Willow, obviously, he needed to have some sort of reason.

Surely that would come to him. He was however, prepared, and would come bearing gifts. In the seat next to him was a gorgeous flower, it was hanging like an orchid and its petals looked like mother of pearl. Every flaw of the leather seat seemed obvious in the light of that flower, indeed, it seemed to glow, but so subtly that one could never place it.

Sean was bearing all sorts of ilk towards Babylon.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:25 am

"Hey you."

Alyssum's ears perked up at the familiar voice that touched her ears. The strong arm wrapping itself securely about her back was also a dead giveaway as to who it was greeting her as well - Nick was finally up, and had come to join her.

The blonde quickly swallowed the bit of food that was in her mouth, before smiling over at him. "Good morning, Nick" she began, kissing him softly on the cheek as best as she could. "How are you this fine morning?" She couldn't help but giggle because of the question. There was nothing silly about it, but Alyssum was just like that - she would giggle at the oddest of things.

Her hand absentmindedly rubbed at her stomach, the smile on her face growing.

Willow had woken up from her sleep almost just after she had fallen asleep in the first place. That had bothered her, but she knew she couldn't take any more pills at the moment because she might overdose. With a sigh, she stood from the bed and made her way into the main part of the office.

It was not too much later when Kyra came knocking on the door. Headmistress Hunt invited her into the room, and gestured for her to sit on the chair next to the desk.

"Well, Kyra" she began, "We've got some good news for you. I think I've located your father."

And it was probably the best news that Willow had heard all day. Because she had just lost her mother. But, she figured, at least she had found another person's father for them. That made her feel a bit better. Though she was still pretty worked up over the whole loosing her mother ordeal.

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sxxy_pup666 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Kyra's smile was huge when she heard those words. She has been waiting for so long. "OhMiGod, really!?" She yelled jumping on Headmisstress Hunt. "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" She yelled in the Headmisstress's ear. She couldn't have been happier, she had been waiting for this day for so long, and she was so happy to finaly be able to meet her father.

sxxy_pup666
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Nick lovingly took in Alyssum's aroma. "I'm great now." He said, sore from working out the energy, but not really caring anymore. He took a spoonful of oatmeal. He still didn't know if he liked the stuff, but he had to eat it anyway. Its cinnamon warmth was much appreciated by his dry warmth.

"So, you know... aren't you supposed to be taking, like... birthing classes?" Nick said, knowing little about pregnancy, only what he had read in the books he usually fell asleep to at night. He had tried to study, or at least, prepare. "I mean, I guess we aren't in the same situation as most parents, but..." He tried to just let that topic drift.

Sean walked into the tall, delightful hallway of Babylon, nicely repaired, it seemed, deader when he compared it to the flower he had brought.

He actually started to notice that his face looked grayer in the mirror, he looked sort of sickly and weak.

"Maybe this wasn't the best idea..." He said to no one in particular, carrying the flower out back to an elegantly hidden trashcan. He threw the flower in and closed the top.

"Eerie..." He said, before checking his phone... Now he remembered, about an hour ago he had replied to a message from Calliope. He had been a bit busy with Willow then, but now he had to leave. He got back in the car and was zooming away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ian's bottle shook and fell nonchalantly onto the long runner rug in front of Willow's office. He felt something enter Babylon...

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Alyssum couldn't help but smile over at Nicks question. It was a legitimate question, one that showed that he had been looking into this whole thing as well - she had figured that he had been doing his research, as they had had many discussions together. She liked that he was going head on into this whole parenting ordeal. It comforted her more than anything.

"Well, as you said, we aren't in the same situation as most parents. So I haven't been able to really take any classes. But Headmistress Hunt has been helping me as much as she can when she's not busy with school matters. And they've got a billion books about a few aspects I'm going to probably need to know; lord only knows why, as this is a school after all." She giggled at that last bit as it came from her mouth. "But I've done all that I can in my situation. So I suppose that right about now, I'm as ready as I'll ever be... For the next couple of weeks, there will be more nurses on the staff, and another doctor as well. Ms. Hunt is making sure that I'll be comfortable and safe when it comes time for me to deliver these two." Her hand rested lightly above the babies.

With a sigh, the blonde haired female stood from the table, plate in hand. She made her way over to the trash, throwing out the crumbs of the food that were left, and then put the plate in the wash bin to be taken back to the kitchen by the people that worked there.

Making her way back over to Nick, she sat next to him once more, resting her head on his shoulder. "Apparently, Ms. Hunt got us something for the babies. She didn't tell me what it was, but she said that she would be giving it to us tonight. I'm sort of excited to see what it is." Alyssum's eyes seemed to twinkle with delight, as one of her hands slid into one of Sean's so that she could entwine their fingers.

"How have you been preparing for this all?" she asked him lightly, closing her eyes for a few moments in relaxation.

Headmistress Hunt tried her hardest to smile at the younger girls excitement; she had every reason to be excited, she figured. Giving Kyra a tight hug, she released the girl after a few moments and placed both hands on the other females shoulders.

Looking her straight in the eyes, she began to speak. "I'm not one hundred percent sure if its him or not. So please... Don't set any expectations. I don't want to see any of my students getting hurt, okay?" After a pause, she spoke once more. "We'll be flying him in the day after tomorrow. I'll be notifying you when he's on his way here from the airport. Everything will run smoothly for you - I'll make sure of it."

With a legitimate smile, she released the girls shoulders. "Now, run along. Why don't you see how Alyssum is doing? I have something to take care of."

With that, she dismissed Kyra from her office, before turning around and walking back into her apartment suite connected to her office.

Sitting in the corner, with a large white bow on top of each, were two bassinets. They were frilly and lacy, and overall had an antique feeling to them - something that matched the building. And they were for Alyssum and Nick's newborns, who would be arriving very soon.

Each bassinet was filled with things for the new babies. Alyssum had done some shopping, but she had only really gotten basic stuff. Headmistress Hunt had decided to make this her surprise gift to the two new parents...

With a sigh, she sat back on her bed, and began to make sure that she had accounted for everything that she had wanted for the two...

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Nick smiled, settling Alyssum back in his arms, breathing her in. "Well, I've been reading books, I even went on a few chat rooms, they weren't exactly that helpful though..."

"Mostly I've been thinking about how great it will be for kids to grow up here. You know? They won't be shunned from the moment they... have powers." He said, smiling brightly at the thought of a normal childhood for his kids... well... normal wasn't the right word.

"What do you think would happen if the kids... didn't have powers?" He said, the idea just dawning on him... Part of him would be disappointed... Part of him would wonder if growing up around mutants would ruin the child's chance at a normal life. It was the sort of question no one had to ask themselves... and here he was asking...

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sxxy_pup666 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Kyra smiled at Headmistress Hunt. And ran from the room, transforming into a wolf, not caring about her clothing. Sniffing out Alyssum's she followed it. She found her in the dinning hall with Nick. Barking she jumped into the chair next Alyssum and started licking her face. "How are you? How's the baby? Can I feel them kick?" She projected to her excitedly, still licking her face.

sxxy_pup666
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:35 pm

"What do you think would happen if the kids... didn't have powers?"

She hadn't thought about it, to be honest, and now that the question was thrown on the table, she couldn't help but consider it. But she just had this feeling that this wouldn't be the case, so she decided to voice that feeling, if only to make Nick feel better. She sure hoped he wasn't worrying himself about it.

"I don't think we're going to have to worry about that, Nick. We both have powers, and they with both have powers - I'm sure of it. And, well, if they don't... Then they don't." She smiled at him, squeezing his hand in a reassuring manor. "That won't change the fact that I love them, and you love them. Things will be fine, no matter what happens. I'm just happy that I'm going through this with you." She nuzzled herself more into him, closing her eyes once more to the strength and safety of his embrace.

It was not a few more moments later that Kyra came bounding into the dining hall, a happy bark escaping her throat. Alyssum was bombarded with puppy kisses from her best friend, who was in her wolf form. It startled her at first, but after she realized what was going on, Alyssum could not help but break out into a fit of laughter.

Kyra's projected questions caused her to giggle a bit more. "I'm fine, Kyra. And the babies are fine too..." she thought back towards the Lycan girl, who would be able to hear those thoughts. "And of course you can feel them kick..." A smile erupted on her already grinning face, as she carefully took one of the females paws and placed it slightly against her stomach. Not more than a few seconds later, she felt one of the babies kick, followed directly after by a sharp pain. Alyssum flinched, but the pain passed almost as soon as it came, so it didn't really even register in her mind.

Giggling, she spoke out loud now. "See? They know that you guys are here. I think they're both excited to meet you two."

Headmistress Hunt was now milling about her office, rearranging things. Her mind was concentrating on other matters though; Sean, Alyssum and Nick and the babies who would be gracing the world very soon. She couldn't help but smile at the thought of the two babies though. She was sure they would be beautiful, as their parents were both quite good looking people.

With a sigh, she stopped fidgeting with her office, and opened the door to find a pile of clothes strewn in the hall just outside of it. Shaking her head, she picked them up, folding them neatly and placing them on a small calling card table just outside of her office door.

Thats when she noticed a weird shaped container just laying on the floor.

"I swear, kids these days think its just okay to leave things all over..." she began, mumbling the rest to herself. Picking the container up - which held Ian, though she did not know - she made her way back into her office, and then into her suite, at which time she tossed the container onto her bed and made her way into the bathroom to freshen up.

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sxxy_pup666 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:03 pm

Kyra felt one of the babies kick their mother stomach right where her paw was gently placed. Barking excitedly she started licking Alyssum's clothed covered shirt. 'Hi, I'm your Aunt Kyra, your hyper Aunt who will give you rides and make you smile and giggle and laugh everytime you see me! Be nice to your mommy! She loves both of you more than you can even start to imagain!' Kyra projected to Alyssum and her stomach, not even knowing if the babies could hear her just yet.

After a while she stopped licking Alyssum's stomach, 'Sorry.. I'm just happy. I get to meet my father.' She projected towards Nick and Alyssum, 'I just can wait! I mean it's not every day someone is reunited with one of their parents!' She just couldn't contain herself.

(OCC: Hey, I can only get on when I go to Dairy Queen cause my internet at home is sucky, so I'll only be on about once a week, maybe two if I'm lucky.)

sxxy_pup666
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Nick felt reassured, he smiled at Kyra as she entered, grudgingly letting his grip on Alyssum loosen. He really was glad it was all happening with her. Perhaps it was their unique mutant bond or the fact that they had literally faced death together, but Nick felt irreversibly bound to Alyssum. It would hopefully be a long and plentiful bondage, and one he would thank god, Miss. Hunt, and Alyssum for every day.

He smiled, it would be good for the kids to have Kyra around, he worried that they might feel lonely if they had to grow up with just their parents, admittedly, that was a pleasure a lot of kids didn't have.

((OOC: For the sake of time, can we get to the birth scene in the next post? Timeskip-o-rama?))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smooth grained steel container, fearfully rigid and angular, quietly twitched. The room suddenly filled with a sparkling, shifting mist. It smelled just how one wanted it too, whatever favorite delightful smells summoned up sweet memories, whatever aromas defined a person and brought substance to their soul.

Ian materialized onto the bed, he wore very loose pants and a t-shirt made as much out of wisps of smoke as cloth. His shifting blue and purple glow departed to the corners of the room, his skin tanned and even. He chose a short haircut, more like Nick's, but blond, looking like it was made out of old gold, stripped with brown.

"Willow, I believe you've heard of me though we've never been properly introduced. I'm Ian, you know, Nickolay and Sean's brother. I'm also entitled to give you five wishes. If you'd like to ease your mind about anything, I can certainly see to it."

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:14 pm

((Thats totally okay, Pup~ If you ever need anything though, just text me, kay? <3 Also, yeah, the timeskippyish thing is in this post, as this was what I was thinking I'd do anyway. XD))

Shock and surprise were clearly etched across Alyssum's face. "You get to meet your father?" she said out loud, though she had meant to just think it for Kyra. With a wide grin across her face, she grabbed the wolf in a hug, speaking into her fur as she did so. "Thats just so wonderful, Kyra! Oh, I'm so very excited for you." Pulling away from the female, she couldn't help but ruffle her fur on the top of her head a bit.

Leaning back into Nick, she continued to smile happily towards Kyra. "You're meeting him here, I'm assuming? As soon as he gets here, I want to meet him too." Alyssum just glowed with happiness as she snuggled a bit more into Nick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Ms. Hunt was about to step into the bathroom to freshen herself up a bit, she stopped - a smell that hadn't been in the room before had quickly washed over her senses. The room now smelled like a mix of fresh linens and vanilla - two scents that the female loved more than anything.

Turning from the doorway, she was slightly taken aback to see a male sitting on her bed - one that she didn't recognize, but seemed familiar all the same.

"Willow, I believe you've heard of me though we've never been properly introduced. I'm Ian, you know, Nickolay and Sean's brother. I'm also entitled to give you five wishes. If you'd like to ease your mind about anything, I can certainly see to it."

Willow just blinked. Staring for a moment, she shook her head to pull herself back to reality, and then smiled towards the male. "Yes, yes. Sean has mentioned you before..." She paused, letting the whole 'five wishes' bit sink into her brain. Tilting her head to the side slightly, she pursed her lips.

"Five wishes, huh?" Thinking, she shrugged her shoulders. "I don't exactly think there's anything you can really help me with, honestly. Its great to know that I have those wishes, but those wishes cannot bring back my mother..." Frowning, she waved her hand slightly in the air, as if extinguishing the thought from the stillness of the air. "You don't need to bother yourself with thinking about that though..."

Sitting on the edge of the bed, she studied him for a while, before speaking up again. "Actually, I would like a wish. I have something I need you to look into for me..." Raising her finger to him as a sort of pause, she continued, "But I have something to deliver first. So, as soon as I get back from doing that, lets get down to business..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on that day, Alyssum found herself in her room, staring at two frilly white bassinets filled to the brim with all kinds of baby things. Tears prickled at the sides of her eyes as she read the tags under the bows on both of the bassinets.

To the parents-to-be, Alyssum and Nick.
May these help you along the beautiful road you have ahead of both of you.
From, Headmistress Hunt

Wiping away the small flecks of salty water, she smiled at the gift from the Headmistress. Turning from the room, she began to make her way towards Nick's room, when a sharp pain struck her abdomen once more, like it had earlier in the day. She hadn't thought much of it then, but this stab was rather sharp, and it really hurt her. Clutching at her stomach, she steadied herself and took some calming breaths.

"Its just early labor pains. False alarm. It happens all the time..." Whispering these things to herself, she straightened up, put on a confident smile, and made her way out of her room to see Nick.

Opening the door to his room, she found him in there. "Nick..." she began, smiling towards him, one of her hands resting on the door frame while the other rested on her stomach, "Miss Hunt left us a gift in my room. I figured you'd like to come see it..."

She turned around to make her way back to her room, and was almost there. But a terribly sharp pain struck her once more, causing her to yelp out in pain. Collapsing against the wall, she held her stomach, gritting her teeth in pain.

Her mind was racing as another pain hit her. 'Oh lord. Oh lord. I'm going in to labor... Oh God... I'm a week early. Oh god...'

"Nick!" she called out in pain, struggling to stand. "Nick, I need to get to the infirmary now. These two don't want to wait any longer. They're coming..."

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:36 am

Nick had been relaxing on his bed. It was still only amateurishly repaired, and it squeaked unnervingly when he shifted to see Alyssum.

He smiled, not saying anything, putting down the copy of The Kite Runner, a book he now thoroughly regretted reading.

She was already down the hall, obviously excited, when he got to the door. His mind had been particularly calm. Nothing was sore, powers were under control. All in all a good day.

"Nick!"

His heart stopped, her voice was stung with pain. The entire world seemed to go quiet, a sort of dull roar, like a thousand bees buzzing.

"...They're coming..."

Nick ran to Alyssum's side, carefully scooping her up in his arms. Half of him wanted to absolutely dart to the infirmary, get her there as fast as he could, but he knew that would hurt the babies, so he carefully held her. He tried to loosen the vibrations that might damage the babies, he tried to do anything to keep her comfortable.

"It's okay Alyssum" He said, finally turning to look her in the eyes, his entire face was lit up with joy. "It's really happening."

He carried her with meticulous care and as much speed as he could to the infirmary, he rushed in, resting her on one of the beds there, just so he could breathe.

"It's happening! It's happening!" Nick screamed. He had never felt so overwhelmed, so absolutely useless, either way, the results of his love for Alyssum were finally manifesting themselves.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:48 pm

Alyssum felt the tension on her legs loosen as Nick scooped her up into his arms. She gripped onto him with one arm, while the other gripped onto her stomach as yet another contraction hit her.

But it felt as if she was in the infirmary in an instant, even though she knew that it was longer than that. She just hadn't been concentrating on what was happening around her, for all she could think about were the two lives inside of her who were getting ready to make themselves known in the world. That, and all the pain they were causing her right now.

Nick shouted something along the lines of 'its happening', but she could only concentrate on the contractions as they began to hit her, closer and closer together. She could only moan in pain as the contractions got worse.

Alyssum didn't really even notice the doctors moving Nick out of the way as they began to get her ready to give birth. She didn't pay any attention to what they were saying - it was all just colors and sounds to her. Her mind was completely focused on the babies.

And it was then that an overwhelming urgency to just push washed over her. She cried out in pain as she was instructed to follow those urges to push by the doctors - they were ready to get these babies into the world too.

She called out for Nick to come over with her somewhere during the time; she needed to know he was there with her... She needed his hand to grip onto, both for relief, and for comfort.

And so, she continued to push, until she felt as if she could push no more. She was sweaty, and she was in pain. She wanted to cry, but more than anything, right now, she just wanted to bring forth her babies into the world...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Headmistress Hunt had received the call that Alyssum was going into labor just as soon as she had returned to her office after dropping off the bassinets in Alyssum's room.

She had gathered up a few things, told Ian - who was still sitting on her bed - as to where she was going, and made her way down to the infirmary.

She waited there, off in the corner of the room, out of everyone's way as everything began to unfold itself. It seemed to her as if things were running the way they should.

And just as soon as she had started to become a bit weary, the words of the doctor caught her attention. "I can see the head! Okay, come on now. Push, Alyssum. Push!" The blonde haired female did just that, crying out in pain as she continued to push as hard as she could. A few of the papers in the room fluttered around a bit, as part of Alyssum's telekinetic abilities tried to push their way forth when she wasn't paying as much attention to controlling them.

But it was not more then a few moments later that the sound of a babies cry was heard in the room. Willow could not help but smile as she realized that the first of Alyssum's two children had been born.

"The first ones out! Keep pushing, Alyssum. Just one more to go!" And the same process continued as she began to push her second child the rest of the way out. Except for this time, instead of having a few papers scatter themselves because of her powers, one of the windows on the far wall shattered. After a particularly hard push, a second babies cry was heard, this one a bit more lighter than the first.

And it was then that Alyssum was finally able to rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alyssum felt the tiredest she had ever felt right about then. She had just given birth to her twins, and the doctors were cleaning her up, as well as cleaning up the two babies.

After swaddling them both, the doctor came over and placed both of the small babies into her arms. Alyssum could not help but tear up slightly at the sight of both of her babies, asleep. After handing the babies off to Alyssum, the doctor spoke up. "I'll be back over in a few minutes to speak with you about your twins..."

And so he left the new parents alone for a while. Alyssum looked up at Nick, smiling at him. "Nick", she began, "Would you like to hold your son?" She gazed down on her baby boy, who rested in her right arm, sleeping peacefully. He looked so very, very much like Nick.

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!