Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Nicholas Heston School of Dance

a topic in School-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: The Nicholas Heston School of Dance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Tyler (Ty) Campbell had attended NHSD for two years and this current year was his third. Why he kept coming back, he didn’t even know. This year would be his last year at NHSD. The seventeen year old would be graduating and moving on, hopefully to Julliard. It seemed that as the years went by, the more heart wrenching everything was. The emotional rollercoaster each dancer went on every single day was enough to make someone go mad. Then there was the physical pain, the aching feet, the sore muscles… it was almost unbearable. It had been so difficult for Ty over the last two years. He went from being told that he had so much natural talent and skill and then this year, he was told his talent was slipping away. The longer you attended this school, the more the teachers seemed to harass the students. It wasn’t uncommon for an instructor to scream at a dancer in the middle of class and as a result, many dancers broke down. Just a week ago, during first evaluations, Ty had been told by Nicholas Heston that he was a “worthless dancer who wasted space on stage.” Ty tried swallowed his tears, but failed, his blue-green eyes filling with tears, his heart racing. He tried to shake it off, but since that day, Ty had just been thinking about it. Did he even have talent anymore? He needed to work harder, that’s what it was. As a contemporary dancer, Ty knew that his work had to be emotionally gripping and true, and that’s what he was working towards. He needed to keep pushing himself to do better, to be better. Ty had just finished a five hour dance session, which he initiated himself, on this beautiful Saturday. It was eleven o’clock in the morning and he was already wiped. Before collapsing onto the couch in the main lounge of the school, he grabbed an ice pack and placed it on his sore, blistered feet, ready to be done with the day. A pair of black basketball shorts and a plain white tee shirt adorned his body.

Edit: The character sheet has been moved to the OOC topic.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Meggie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:47 am

Jenna did all she could not to skip into NHSD. This was her second year there and she had loved it there ever since she set foot in the extravagant school. She was wearing baggy cargo shorts and a plain white tank top. She wore her brothers dog tags, black wristbands and her favorite shoes. Jenna was too excited to get ready that morning so she simply threw her hair up into a ponytail and tossed a Yankees cap on so she would get to school faster. She carried her skates in her backpack which also held her boombox and collection of CD's. Behind her was her luggage for the time she would be there.
Jenna wanted to fresh up on her skills that day. Hopefully they would let her. She was told the year before that she needed to work on her moves, that she was a bit sloppy. Jenna didn't like having her moves be sloppy so all summer she had practiced.
Jenna stepped into the school and looked around. It was just as she remembered it. She walked to the office and asked for the key to her old dorm room. The lady welcomed her back and handed her the key. Room 205. As she passed the lounge, Jenna noticed someone on one of the couches. He looked familiar but Jenna didn't know many people who went to the school the previous years. "Hello." she said a bit friendly as she walked over to him. "Dude...you look beat." She chuckled and sat down on one of the chairrs in the lounge. Jenna leaned forward and rested her elbows on her knees and her chin in her hands, studying him. "Did you go here last year? You look familiar but I just can't put my finger on it."

Edit: The character sheet was moved to the OOC topic.
"Dude, do you know what that is?" "Nope, do you?" "Nope, Google that shit."
;)
When in doubt, Google it out!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Meggie
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:48 am

Hannah Audrey Wilson pressed play then started leaping around the room. She was at this school for ballet and this was her 2nd year. It was hard work but she pushed herself. She had been dancing since 5am this morning, working on a new routine. Someone tapped on the door, asking if they could use the studio. Hannah smiled at them and packed up her stuff. She headed to her dorm. After taking a shower to unknot her muscles she dressed in a green letoard and black skirt. That was something she would normally wear to dance but now she wanted a break.Her pink flats went onto her feet and she made her way down into the main lounge.She diddn't notice anyone as she reached the mini fridge in the corner of the room. She squatted down, trying to find her lemon & lime water, which she made herself.

Edit: The character sheet has been moved to the OOC topic.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:58 am

(Yes, of course it's okay for your character to be Ty's girlfriend. :) Thanks for joining everyone.)

Ty looked up at Jenna, "Uh, yeah..." He responded, clearing his voice, "I went here last year." He smirked at her a little. He had seen her around the school, but he never had any contact with her prior to this. He then spotted Hannah, who apparently had not seen the two of them. She was looking for her water, the water she seemed to always drink, lemon and lime. What a strange water combo that was. Ty laughed a little, "Lookin' for this," he asked, picking up her water he had taken earlier that day? Hey, he had been thirsty!

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:05 am

Hearing her boyfriend's voice she closed the door to the fridge and stood up. Turning, her eyes found her water. "Yes." She made her way over to him but stopped. "You drank my water." She said in a small voice.A small frown appearing on her face she moved away from him. She couldn't fight the urge any longer. She did a cartwheel and came up from it smoothing down her hair. "Sorry. Just can't fight dancing urges!" She said, as she started to strech her legs. Her legs weren't long but boy she could do amazing things with them.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:14 am

He shrugged as an apology, a small grin appearing on his lips. He laughed a little, "How do you have energy right now?" He never understood that about Hannah, she always seemed to have energy.

"I'm Ty, by the way," he said, introducing himself to Jenna, "And this is bundle of energy is Hannah."

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Meggie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 am

Jenna nodded. "I thought so, you looked familiar." He introduced himself and the girl with him."I'm Jenna Michaels." Jenna could definitly tell that the girl who had entered the lounge a few moments ago was a ballet dancer. She could tell by the leotard and shoes and by the fact that she just did a cartwheel. How uncomfortable! Jenna thought. She was more of a break dancer and did a lot of popping and locking. That little piece of fabric would be riding up during the first three seconds of her dance. Jenna chuckled to herself. There was no way that she would ever be caught dead in a leotard, let alone dancing ballet! She stood and flipped her cap on backwards. Walking over to the fridge, she pulled out an green apple that she knew the staff stashed there. She tossed it back and forth between her hands before she actually took a bite. She stared at a motivation poster on the wall in front of her. "The sky is the limit, dance to the stars!" it read. Jenna laughed at it quietly and looked over her shoulder at Ty and Hannah. "Well then." She turned and stepped over the back of a chair and hopped off anto the floor in front of a chair, apple still in hand. She plopped down onto the big cushy chair and took another bite of her apple. "So, do y'all like it here?"

Miss Meggie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:29 am

There was a pause before Ty answered. "I like that it's a place that I can do what I love..." and that was his answer... What else could he say? 'Nicholas Heston has the biggest ego in the world and has no idea what talent is.' No, he couldn't say that. He took a deep breath... God, he hated lying like that. "I hate it..."

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:31 am

"Hi Jenna. Feel free to call me a bundle of energy. Like mister 'just because i'm her boyfriend I can tease her!" Hannah laughed and did another cartwheel. "I have energy because I had sugar." She nodded before plopping down next to her boyfriend. She yanked the bottle out of his hands and drank what was left. She jumped up again and streched her leg before pulling it up into a legmount. After a minute or so she let go and started to strech her other leg. "I'm so tired!" She groaned. She slid into the splits but she pulled out of them and looked up at her boyfriend. She imeditally jumped onto the couch next to him and wrapped her arms around him, comfortingly.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Meggie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:34 am

Jenna was about to take another bite until Ty said he hated it. She looked at him normally. "Seriously? Wow, I like it. There are some flaws but...I dunno, that's just my opinion. Why do you hate it here?" She crossed her legs and took a bite of the apple. She looked at him with full attention. "I don't think I have heard somebody say that they hate it here but maybe the were lying." She pulled off her cap and fixed her ponytail then replaced it.

Miss Meggie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:02 am

Ty echoed Jenna's action and pulled her close to him. They were sickening cute, weren't they? "First of all, Jenna, this is what sugar does to you... You get a little crazy, but I love it," he joked. "Second, I hate it because Heston runs this place like it's bootcamp. Sometimes I just get sick and tired of his bullshit attitude that nobody is good enough. He just makes you feel so small..."

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Meggie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:48 am

Jenna chuckled when she mentioned Heston. "Don't worry about him, he would walk like he had a pole shoved far up his arse and he call it good posture." She smiled."In fact, he does walk like that. The only thing bigger than his ego is his butt. Have you seen it? It has it's own area code." Jenna had beef with Heston since the first year she came but she always just had fun with it and acted like a sarcastic jerk whenever she was around him. Jenna looked at Hannah and chuckled again. "Hook me up with whatever your on chica!" She yook another bite of her apple then looked at the time. Jenna had to go practice. "Well, it was nice associating with y'all but I have to get going." She tossed the straps of her bags over her shoulder and started walking backwards. "See you guys around." She shoved her free hand in her pocket then saluted them with the hand holding the apple. Jenna turned around and made her way to room 205. "Home sweet home." She whispered sarcastically. Jenna opened the door and tossed her stuff down. She slipped her skates on, grabbed her backpack and headed for the practice rooms, Hopefully, Jenna could get in a few hours of practice before she had to go back.

Miss Meggie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DogLover on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Jacklyn sat on her bed listening to her i-touch thinking of a new routine. This was going to be her first year at Nicholas Heston and she was extreme nervous, Jacklyn had not always planned to be a dancer but she had be dancing since she was three and everyone always told her she was a naturally so she had went to a tryout and to her own surprise she had got in. The judges there said she had a natural talent which was also very surprising to Jacklyn as she only really danced as a hobbie and to keep in shape as at her old school she was a cheerleader and in the gymnastic club. As the song went on Jacklyn began to see the steps and movements in her mind she climbed out of her bed and began to do the steps she saw in her mind when the song went off Jacklyn turned off her i-touch and put it on her bed as she decided it was time for her to go out and try to meet some new people as she had been at this school for a week and still hadn't meet anyone. Jacklyn went over to her dresser and looked threw all her clothes till she found a outfit. She took off the sweatpants she was wearing and the t-shirt and change into the new clothes. Then she put on a pair of flip flops and got a bottle of water then left her dorm room , she went to the main lounge where she saw a few kids she was still kinda nervous so she just went over to a poster and read it

Outfit
http://www.c28.com/productimages/girls_ApartBabydoll_MAIN_300.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MGYIa0LFtPE/SczZnGyXs1I/AAAAAAAAATI/-k8D7v0RfcA/s400/Picture+064.jpg
http://www.flippinfabulous.com/_images//leopardwrapadult300acopy.jpg

Edit: The character sheet has been moved to the OOC topic

DogLover
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:07 pm

(DogLover, those flip flops are adorable!!!)

Ty eyed the girl who had just walked into the room. She didn't look familiar at all and she seemed pretty darn nervous. Nobody reads those posters... "Are you new here," he asked her, trying to subdue a chuckle. He remembered being new... Not knowing where classes were, being intimidated by the veterans of the school. But it was fun watching others struggle, just as he had.

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Hannah untangled herself and sat on the floor, streching. "Does anyone have the time?" She looked around and when no one answered she quietly turned back to stretching. It was unsual for her to be quiet. Standing up, she did a cartwheel away from the couch and sat on the ground near the wall. Flexing her feet she let out a small sigh and crawled back to the couch. Leaning her head near her boyfriend legs she rubbed her eyes.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:25 pm

"It's 11:35, babe," Ty responded after checking his watch. "It seems to much later... I'm beat," he said with a yawn. "What do you have going for the rest of the day," he asked Hannah?

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Meggie on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Jenna stepped into the practice room and plugged in her boom box. She pulled out a black CD that had various songs that her friend burned for her. Stepping to the middle of the room Jenna did a quick stretch until Cris Brown's "I can Transform Ya" blasted in the empty room. Jenna hadn't thought of a routine for the song yet but she just let the rythym and her dancing instincts take over. She was a doing a series of various pops and locks to the music. It was like the music was possesing her. Jenna finished off the song with a few Michael Jackson moves then danced to a few more songs. She sat down after a while. Dancing was a workout. Jenna let the next few songs just play as she sat there. Moves were playing in her head for what she would do.

Miss Meggie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 pm

"Thanks. Your not the only beat one though."She reminded him, her head resting on his leg. "Well I don't think I'll be doing much. Maybe just hanging with you?" She gave him a small smile.

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DogLover on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:03 pm

( thanks I though they were cute too )

Jacklyn heard the guy ask her if she was new she slowly turned from the poster and looked at the guy and nodded " Yeah I am ... I didn't no it was that obvious " Jacklyn laughed a little to herself then took a sit on a couch she looked back and forth as the couple talked she didn't really no what to say or if it was her place to even speak so she just sat quietly watching and listening

DogLover
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:24 am

He nodded, agreeing with Hannah that he wasn't the only one who was beat. Ty returned a smile back at Hannah, "Well then, I look forward to it!"

"It's not really that obvious... it's just that nobody ever reads those posters," he chuckled.

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!