Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Sincerely, The Class of Hard Knocks (IC)

a topic in School-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Sincerely, The Class of Hard Knocks (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:38 pm

OOC Found Here

Sincerely, The Class of Hard Knocks

Inspired by the film, Freedom Writers

β€œDon't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't do this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind, you'll never use crutches or a stick, then have a go at everything. Go to school, join in all the games you can. Go anywhere you want to. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible.”
-Douglas Bader

The city is Compton, California, where it is ruled by the unruly; gangs, violence, addiction, pain, and struggle. No one can even cross the street without trouble heading their way. South Central isn't safe anywhere. Outside are the gang members that irk the streets, and inside is the constant yelling and dysfunction.

The schools are no different. One in particular is Compton High School, the public school of the Tarbabies that put everything out in the open. Fighting, Sex, Drugs, Alcohol, and most important, Death, have been controlling their lives ever since they were even born. Their education served as last priority, or none at all.

However, there is hope. A new teacher, coming fresh out of Harvard, and graduated Honors as a English major, and Psychology minor, arrives to the school the first day of freshmen, and returning students to come back. This teacher will have them discover whats inside of them. Could it be self-confidence? Could it be agony? This teacher will help save this group of students from going down the wrong path; from remaining there walking for the rest of their lives.

Others, however, get in the way, whether it be the board of education, or those outside of school out in the streets.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Sincerely, The Class of Hard Knocks (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Here I was again, walking down these dimly lit hallways towards my locker hoping that no one would notice me, for once let them not notice me. With a soft smile I walked on, keeping to myself, not letting anyone see my face which had a small cut from a fight with my boyfriend, that bastard, I should have pushed him down the stairs but I loved the douche bag. Shaking my head, I progress towards my locker, seeing the dim glow of the light hitting the metal number tag, 148.

I was so close but yet so far. If I could just get to my locker, get my books and get to this new class I would be alright. I could make it the rest of the day without those muscle headed jocks constantly teasing me about my sexuality. For once I wish they'd just leave me the hell alone. I'm gay, that much is true, from the first time I set eyes on a guy, around the age of fourteen, but to hell if I want to hear about it every single day upon every other hour, it's as if they've never seen a gay guy before although half of them are either gay, bisexual or have homosexual tendencies.

As I stated above I'm gay, but I don't look the part. I wear baggy clothes, my hair is always in a messy state, I'm rather muscular and I practice martial arts and train nearly every day. I cut grass, work on my car, pretty much all the things a stereotypical straight guy does, only I'm not straight. I know what you're probably thinking. Straight guy trapped in a Gay guy's body, but that's not the case at all.

So, I finally make it to my locker and finally get it open and what happens? Some asshole comes by and slams my locker shut, calls me a queer and attempts to get away, but I forcefully stop him by slamming him into the locker and giving him a pep talk.

"So what is it? You want to screw me or something you pessimistic little bastard," I yell.

"Man let me go," He replies in a scared high pitched voice which makes me laugh as I release him.

"Yea, get the hell out of here you jackass," I say kicking him in the ass and watching as he tumbles over. That's another thing about me, I'm not fragile and I will fight back. This school will give me equality, they will stop messing with me and I will show them that I am the last fucking soul they want to mess with.

I grab my books out of my locker and head to my class, a new teacher, an interesting teacher, one of which I haven't met yet, but I was both eager and yet calm, wanting most of all for this day to be over.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:06 am

School, yet again. Another day, another year. Standing at the front of the high school, I could barely even stand up straight. My rising heartbeat was causing me to slightly lose balance. I barely had sleep last night. I just laid in my bed till my eyes drifted downwards. I can still hear my father's voice telling me to wake up in his Latino speech.

As I stood there on the concrete, people passed me with ease as they were continuing on towards the door and talking with friends. Many laughed at the most random conversations. They got it easy. I just can't get along with any of these girls and guys here. I don't know if it's the fact that I play basketball, or that it could be me, just being evasive. All I know is that there will be no friend like the one I had. Someone who at least had a future, instead of causing hell to arrive. None of these people can be trusted.

Since I couldn't stand there for long, because of time sake, I had no choice, but to go inside the building. Before I could go, I had to relieve myself, so I took a deep inhale, holding all of the air I could get. Then, I slowly released it.

I already have my schedule with me. Nothing spectacular, as all of the classes are required. One on the list seemed like a new teacher; "Lee". I've never heard that teacher before after being here for nearly 3 years. Who knows who this person could be, and right now, who cares.

I guess I'll just speed walk to my locker and then to class like I'm always doing. I still have my locker ever since my freshmen year, and it still has that same combination "21, 30, 16", three of the most random numbers a locksmith could think of. ON the other side of the door was a picture of Deonte. It was taken weeks before the shooting. I got him the shirt that he wore in the picture. I can't do anything, but laugh at his expression when he first wore the shirt. In return, he gave me autographed picture of himself, holding a basketball, along with a black bracelet. He said that when he goes to the NCAA that I would already have the first autograph. Funny, and really clever. I'm going to miss that face.

All I really did was grab some random book, close my locker, and hurry towards class with this new teacher, because I couldn't have time to waste trying to admire a photograph, but it says so many words to me that I cannot describe.
Last edited by Jaybt9 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hera on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:35 am

Kimberly wore pearls around her neck.

They were evenly sized, perfectly real, and completed her ensemble of cream coloured pumps, a pinstriped skirt, and pretty pale blue blouse. Her hair was curled up into a sweet little bun at the nape of her neck, wisps of jet black hair framing her face as they escaped from oppression. A lovely cream coloured bow was tied around her bun, and a nice, pearled watch on a thin arm. She'd thought she looked completely professional, lovely for her first day of work as a teacher, until the principal, on sight of her, clicked her tongue and shook her head. Kimberly was confused by this. What was wrong with her? Mrs. Pattinson then pointed to her jewelry, shaking her head, the outdated beehive atop of it going wherever the slightly wrinkled neck went.

"Wouldn't wear that," Mrs. Pattinson advised crisply, "unless you want it stolen by the end of the day."

Surely the kids couldn't be that bad. It was on her neck, for Christ's sake. It would be nearly impossible to take. Wouldn't it be? She thanked Mrs. Pattinson anyways and the principal scurried out of Kimberly's classroom. Kim watched her leave, and once the clacking of heels were out of hearing, she grabbed a dimly dried out black marker and neatly, in nice block writing, wrote her name atop of the board. Once every student walked in, a certain 'Ms. Kimberly Lee' would be visible, and hopefully warmly welcoming.

Kimberly eyed the classroom then, dirty and vandalized almost beyond repair. She'd done what she could to make it teachable, but it was still horribly dirty and ugly. The only window into the classroom was dirt streaked and let in only two or three slim columns of light. Only two of the lights atop the room worked, and they flickered on and off like a theatre's special effects room. The desks were small, cramped and written on in bad handwriting, some even carved into. No matter how hard she tried, Kim could not get off the 'fuk this clas' on the desk in the front row. It dampened her spirits as she spent the whole weekend trying to clean this room up, but only slightly.

Inhaling in a mouthful of musky air, Kim steeled herself considerably for the students that would soon come in. She took brisk steps to the classroom door, and opened it with a hard budge. Some of the bolts were stuck on it. Kim closed her eyes, calmed herself, then placed her hands in front of her skirt, clasped together, and placed a large smile upon her face as she waited for the first student to walk through that door. Then and there, she decided nothing would make her give up on these children.

Hera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:13 pm

The mourning dove sings in the early mountain breeze. The eagle swoops, prepared to take a young creature as its meal. That was what the young Asian girl wrote in her journal, followed by decorating the edges of the couplet with poison ivy and rosemary leaves with her dark ink pen.

That morning, the first day of her second junior year, Jinghua Meihui felt like the eagle's prey.

She sat in the cafeteria, listening to the chaos around her at this school. She hated it here so much. After all, she had never even seen this kind of insanity before the previous school year. It was so different here from Tingxu...

Suddenly, a loud bell nearby rang, and Jing jumped in alarm. Then she remembered... that bell meant that it was time to head off to class, so that she wouldn't be late. Hastily packing away her sketchpad and ink pen away in her sling bag, Jing stood shakily and limped off toward the stairwell, ignoring the shouts of certain students at her for being a cripple and such.

After the long walk, she finally arrived at her English classroom, her heart sinking. It was because of this class that she was only in her junior year. Having proved herself ridiculously intelligent in her math and physics classes, she had only started learning English the previous year and had failed that class with a 45. It was uncanny; she felt as though she was disappointing her entire family.

She approached the door to her new classroom. It seemed as though she was the first new arrival, since no other students had yet entered the classroom. Sighing heavily, she walked towards it...

...only to fall on her face. Coughing, she looked up to see Vincent Williams standing above her fallen form. The bully was grinning; it was clear that he had malicious intentions, having tripped Jing. "If it isn't Jing..." he said. "Long time, no see, eh?"

She struggled to her feet. "Leave me alone, Vincent," she said in her heavily accented voice. "I have done no wrong."

He pushed her again. "No, but you are a stupid Chinese girl. And I don't like your kind."

Jing decided to ignore him, and instead she started limping toward her English classroom. But Vincent called out, "You know that's my class, too, right?"

She said nothing. But as she pushed open her classroom door, her heart sank with the weight of all the rice in China.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss-CCC on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:39 am

Vincent Williams laughed as Jing struggled past him into her English class, he did so like to tease her. Though he also had English with the new Miss Lee on his timetable, he wasn't bothered, and intended to sit at the back of the yard and have a cigarette. He was a little on edge this morning, despite having a ciggy only a few hours ago. Addiction's a killer, eh?

Vincent, 'Will', Williams sighed and ran a hand through his unruly short dark brown hair. He looked scruffy as always, but confident, in his open button-up shirt and jeans slung low on his hips, clumpy sneakers and his brown gold-studded leather belt. He was a big guy of 5'9" in height with muscular limbs and strong abs on his stomach. Although known for being the school "bully", Will was admired by many tough guys and pretty girls - giving him plenty reason for being the arrogant dick he was. His girlfriend, an atheltic brunette called Charlotte, would be waiting for him in the back of the yard this period as they'd planned to skip class together again this year. English was a waste of time anyway, right? Will wasn't stupid though, he secretly studied sometimes to keep up good grades, not that he'd tell anybody that. He was attractive, fairly smart and independant. The leader of the pack you might say, though a nasty pack they were.

Will swaggered down the hallway, slamming lockers shut in innocent classmates faces and eyeing up the female teachers that passed. He grinned sickeningly at two girls heading towards him and stepped between them as they approached, "Wanna have some fun with me tonight, ladies?" he asked, leering at them. They blushed, whimpering fearfully, and hurried past him unanswered, eager to get away. He laughed aloud and carried on walking, spotting a few of his friends ahead.
You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants.
-- Stephen King fromHearts in Atlantis.

Miss-CCC
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iminmiamitrick2233 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Snow threw on her clothes, a long hoodie, and a pair of sunglasses. Trying desperatly to hide the scars and bruises that covered her arms. It wasnt like she cared if anybody knew, but she worried for her own safety, what if her father killed her for letting someone know. Then it would be the end, and she knew it. She wiped away a stray strand of hair, and headed off towards the school, walking since she lived so close.

Of course she knew she wasn't like everybody else. That she wasn't the most talkative, the most popular, she wasn't even close to being noticed. Was that why she felt a pang deep in her chest when she walked to her locker and nobody noticed her. Or was it that Snow didn't know how to act normal around other kids.

Sighing deeply she grabbed the needed books, and headed towards class. Dreading another day of questions that she wouldn't be able to answer. The classroom wasn't exactly what you would call the greatest. There was hardly any light from the window, the floors were dirty, the lights didn't work well. Not to mention that English was Snows worst subject, having failed with a 34% last year.

She sat down in her desk, the one she always sat in. Sure it wasnt the best desk she could have chosen, it wasn't clean or anything, it just seemed like the best desk to sit in. It was far away from all the front, where she didn't have to pay attention, and being at the back of the room it was probably the easiest to hide that she didnt understand anything. Looking up she saw Jing was also in the classroom. She smiled, Jing was one of the few people she talked to, seeing as they both had a bit of a problem with being teased, only for Snow it was a problem of being ignored.

"Hello Jing"
Said Snow, in her Scottish accent. Though the accent wasn't all that heavy, and was starting to fade away slightly, it was still a bother to her to hear how different it sounded. She made a small smile towards Jing.

iminmiamitrick2233
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:21 pm

Elisabeth Georgiana Cantrell was the only child in her family, if you didn't count her mother. She was basically the head of the house; she worked and brought in some cash, cleaned, cooked, anything her mother didn't necessarily want to do. Now that she was eighteen she was having serious thoughts about moving out and leaving the pathetic woman to fend for herself, but her conscience wouldn't let her. Not yet, anyways. Not after what happened. She needed stability, and if she had to face the brutal world of independence now... who knows what would happen?

Beth had just "ended" what might have been considered an abusive relationship with her ex-boyfriend, Darien. If you can even call their relationship "ended". What the true case was, was that they hadn't talked since the actual sex and he never replied to her messages about the baby and the abortion. She figured he didn't want anything to do with her, and she was attempting to embrace that. Every night, though, she would have horrific dreams about her child, her now dead child. And the morning the new teacher would arrive was no exception. Beth jolted upward, heaving for breath and sweating under the comforter she slept underneath, waking herself up from another nightmare. Her eyes were puffy from crying and dark circles resided beneath them from lack of restful sleep. Her hair was in a wavy mess from sleeping on it damp, but she didn't care; that's the way she liked it. Forcing herself to stand, she stumbled over to her dresser drawer and pulled out something decent to wear to school. It ended up being some simple, frayed denim shorts with a navy blue tank-top and a light gray cardigan. Nothing too fancy, but nothing shabby enough to make people think she was dirt poor, either.

After applying concealer where it was needed on her face and finishing the rest of her makeup, which wasn't too much, if you don't count the foundation and concealer, she walked down the hall with her bag slung over her shoulder and into the kitchen to rummage around for something to munch on before she had to leave for school. The best thing she found was a chocolate chip granola bar and she poured herself a small glass of 2% milk to go with it as she sat down on the living room couch. She had a little bit of time to kill; her dream had woken her up earlier than she was required, and she'd been to shaken up to fall back asleep.

It wasn't more than half an hour that she arrived at school and silently went to her locker. She didn't see anybody she knew and she kept to herself, gathering her books and sighing her way down the hall towards the English room. She had heard there was a new teacher, but she didn't honestly care. After finding a desirable desk to sit at, she closed her eyes and laid her head on the surface in front of her.
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RideOnTechnology on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 am

Jin woke to the front door slamming shut. The small apartment shook as of was about to topple, and he could hear the dragging footsteps of his mother. Looking at the alarm clock beside him, Jin realized vaguely that he had overslept, and lazily crawled out of bed as slowly as possible. He slipped on a pair of jeans, skinny, and a neon green shirt that had been lying on the floor, along with two belts that he crossed in front of him. Stretching and yawning, he slung his messenger bag, full to the brim with assorted sketchpads, his phone and iPod, random motherboard looking pieces, and a notebook, and walked out of his room.Β 

"What are you doing up so early?" A voice slurred from the couch, with a Korean accent that had never been shaken off. Jin looked at his mother, dressed in a a small Asian dress/kimono, hair tossed about her face, lying down deep into the coushions of the sofa.Β 
"School, Ma. First day, I'm late," he replied softly, knowing she had a headache as she always did when coming home. He stood still, waiting for her to register what he'd said.Β 
"Oh," she sighed, shutting her bloodshot eyes. "Love you. Have a good day." Nodding, Jin took the small blanket from the back of the couch and covered her with it. Walking out the door and down the stairs to the main exit, Jin took in the cool morning air and felt refreshed.Β 

Deciding to take his bike and maybe make it on time, he pedaled fast and let the air hit him hard. A new teacher was going to be heading his first class today, a junior English class that he'd failed last year. He already knew all of the others, mostly, but he wasn't looking forward to this year. Dropping his bike at the entrance to the school, Jin stepped inside and made it to his classroom, his foot in the door just as the tardy bell rang.Β 
-[RoT]

Zanza Labs RP <-- Warning: If you are sensitive to awesomeness or allergic to sheer fantastical greatness, proceed with caution.

RideOnTechnology
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Celesta, the friendless, or "Cee Cee", as very few called, had immediately picked her spot to sit, which was right at the window, farther away from the teacher's desk, but not too far in the back. It wasn't that she was nervous of anything. It was that she didn't want to stand out so much.

She looked ahead of the room to see someone slouched on the desk with a dark blue hoodie on. He seemed as though he didn't care much about the class., yet alone, school. All she could do was lower her eyebrows into anger. "Gangs", the very thing that she had. The very source that caused her sorrow.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:59 am

The lone gangster walked through the halls without a care in the world, or so it seemed for his mind was heavily ladened with burdens that he had to carry. Every step he took felt like the last and yet the only time he could remember being happy was when was hanging with his true friend, Montrel, but he had messed that relationship up. It was three weeks before everyone had to return to school, or was it two weeks? More than likely it was only a week ago but that is beside the point. However many weeks ago was when it happened.

Montrel had stayed over Mitchel's house to help him clean up as any best friend would. Whilst they were cleaning, Montrel finds a used condom in Mitchel's bed and from his remembrance he hadn't been over to Mitchel's house in quite some time so that meant that Mitchel either slept with someone or simply enjoys messing with Montrel's head. First let's clear up a few things about Montrel and Mitchel. Montrel is homosexual, Mitchel is bisexual. Montrel only dates men and Mitchel will date men and occasionally females. Montrel is a fighter, a survivor while Mitchel is a gang member, a taker of life, a teen caught in the game so to speak, but Montrel never saw Mitchel as a killer, he was his boyfriend, at least for about three months before they broke up in a heated argument that left them both with busted lips. Well since then they have reconciled and have had an on and off relationship. Now back to the night of their last heated argument.

Montrel had found the used condom and had confronted Mitchel about it. Mitchel saw nothing wrong, he had had a party a few nights ago and he had slept with some girl from across the way. Montrel simply shook his head after hearing the news and threw the dirty condom at Mitchel who got a little upset.

"So you fuck any old hooch who throws herself at you huh?" Montrel asked in a bit of a heated rage.

"Wait a minute, are you upset Montrel? Damn man you act as if we were going out at the time." Mitchel replied. His statement was true, neither of them were dating so Mitchel wasn't breaking any rules.

Montrel shook his head and grabbed his things. They had already cleaned up all of the house but Mitchel's room and after finding the used condom, Montrel wasn't planning on finishing. He grabbed the doorknob and was about to leave when Mitchel grabbed him by the wrist. This did not set well with Montrel and so he ended up pushing Mitchel and cursing him, calling him all kinds of names, throwing in a slaps to the arm and yet wanting so badly to kiss him. Mitchel was pretty shocked at how Montrel was acting and finally put a stop to it.

"You know what, if you're going to get this jealous when we aren't even dating then I don't want to find out how you would react if we ever get back together. I got enough drama in my life Montrel, and I don't need anymore right now, just promise me you'll take care of yourself."

Montrel was both utterly shocked and knew that he had messed up this time. He turned around and walked out of the room and eventually the house before getting into his car and driving off. Mind you this was only a week or so ago and now here they are again, in the same school, walking the same halls, throwing awkward glances at each other but not wanting to give in to the feelings they feel.

After Montrel kicks the jock and watches him run off, he grabs his books from his locker. As he is walking, he notices Mitchel talking to some girl, seemingly flirting, or at least that's what it looked like in Montrel's view, still he said nothing and continued walking until he was at the door of the English class. Sighing, he entered in with one strap of his backpack lapping over his left shoulder, his left arm holding it in place as he takes a seat in the corner, far enough from the front but no in the back. He gets in a relaxed posture and takes out his notebook, one of which he wrote his thoughts in every day. He jotted down a few words and placed it back into his backpack.

(OOC: expect another post soon, gotta get Mitchel into the classroom, though I might just update this post when I get back in the library.)

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RideOnTechnology on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Khoury slouched at his desk, the first one in the classroom as always, as he really never wanted to be home. The desk was etched with profanity, many words which he himself did not think completely neccessary, and his chair moaned and sighed with each subtle movement. As he picked up the pencil he'd found in the hallway, he scratched a few lines on the desk. Feeling suddenly drawn, he continued to doodle on the desk as he noticed more and more people enter, all looking either quite miserable or sullen.

The teacher, up front and dressed in pearls and expensive clothing, was obviously a newbie, and he couldn't help but think that she'd be gone within the year. This place was a spirit-breaker for up and coming teachers. Only the vets could handle the riotous and downright dangerous students filling the area. Not to say that they could teach them, no. He hadn't learned a new thing in ages.

Suddenly there was a humongous surge of electicity as a member of the rival gang stepped into the classroom, and he caught himself throwing an angry glare at him and getting one right back. The imaginary sparks flew as high as they could, and his muscles tensed up as if he were to jump from his seat. However, he relaxed them, reminding himself that it was the first day of school, and he couldn't afford to have a susupension or expulsion already. He darted his eyes downward after an intimidating glare, deciding to ignore it for now.

Lifting his pencil curiously, he squinted to see the damage. Not bad, he thought to himself. While he was used to working with spraycans and brick walls, the desk proved a decent enough canvas for his newest work of art. Wincing at the screech the chair made, Khoury pulled out the few sheets of notebook paper he'd been able to snatch from atop a locker, and sat it over the intricate design now gracing his desk, a word that read "degenerate."

RideOnTechnology
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:24 am

Mitchel placed the folded up piece of paper in his pocket and gave the girl a swift kiss on the cheek before walking off with his gangster strut as if he was the best looking, best dressed guy in the school. Montrel often hated his attitude towards things but realized that it was only a show he put on, he wasn't truly that self centered. As Mitchel grabbed his books from his locker, the Principal approached him and had a smirk on his face. Mitchel tried to ignore him but the Principal made her presence known with a quick tug of Mitchel's coat.

"Well well if it isn't Jontae, tell me something, what do you know about the theivery that has happened on campus?" She asked with malicious intent. Mitchel sighed and turned around to face her.

"I don't know what you're talking about," He replied before the Principal pushed him against his locker and pressed herself upon him.

"I have reason to know that's a lie, I know you were a part of it Jontae and I intend to catch you and expel you from this school. You're nothing but trouble, you and your kind, I should suspend you but that would draw too much attention from the higher ups and that is something I can't afford to put this school through, so I'll give you a warning. If you step out of bounds, if you do anything that gives me a reason I won't hesitate to take it, now get your narrow ass to class." With that the Principal walked off leaving Mitchel alone in the hallway as the bell rang.

"Shit," Mitchel said softly as he gathered himself and his things and hurried to class.

He walked in slowly and looked around, seeing Montrel in the corner and deciding to sit beside him, at least to try and reconcile with him. Sitting right beside Montrel was a risky move for Mitchel but he knew Montrel wasn't going to react negatively until after class. After getting situated, Mitchel looked over at Montrel and smirked.

"What are you smirking at?" Montrel asked not even lifting his head to acknowledge that Mitchel was there.

"Oh nothing, just wishing my baby would at least look at me?" Mitchel replied his smirk widening. Montrel looked up and glared.

"why don't you go find her then and ask her to look at you."

Mitchel sighed and laughed, "man come off it, you know whats what," he replied still smirking. Montrel eventually smiled at Mitchel's persistance and simply looked at him for a moment and sighed.

"Why do I love you?" He asked before realizing what he had just asked.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:31 am

Celesta sat impatiently for the bell to ring, so she could leave quickly and rationally. She couldn't take so much since school reminded her of things. She continued waiting, tapping her foot until she couldn't take it anymore.

The gangs around her began to give her heat, or in other words, caused her to be heated with anger. Her emotion would never change ever since they first entered the room, and the conversation the guys developed annoyed her.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!