Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

To Forge A Nation II

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: To Forge A Nation II

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Nation Name: Holy Empire of Amhara

Location and Controlled Landmass: Ros, Caldria, Ellia (And the territory to its West which has no name…)

Major Gentellic: Human

Major Exports: Opium, Precious Metals, Missionaries, Agriculture, Machinery, Sea going vessels

Currency in Comparison to the UGC: 0.85

Nation Population: 87,000,000

Language(s) Spoken: Spanish, Hebrew, English and Yiddish

National Color: Yellow

National Pride: Religion and individual combat skills.

Important Locations: The HEA is a place of great people, honesty, happiness and above all, god. Not just a god, THE god, the on high, the one and only, the God King. All Amharan cities revolve around a central Temple or Holy Palace. Here, in this land, the Emperor is the God King and his word is absolute law.

The Imperial Capital, Amhara - The Holy Palace can be seen here.

The capital of the Empire is located in the centre of the country, in the territory of Ellia. It rests at the foot of a lush jungle with the fertile plains so common of its landscape stretching out before it. This is the religious and military hub of the country. The militia who make up the majority of the Amharan Armed Forces all hope to one day travel here and join the Chosen, the elite of the Amharan military.

Military Information: The Amharan Military is mainly local militia who, though not many in number, are as good as any regular armed forces to be found around the world. The best of the Amharan troops however are the Chosen. Elite soldiers whose job it is to protect all religious sites and persons around the nation. These men and women are afraid of nothing and are driven by a Holy Zeal beyond any others in the world.

Militia are armed with standard small arms like infantry and at least a small unit of armoured vehicles. The Chosen are armed with mechanized units, or striders. Somewhat similar to mechs they are often built to look like an animal of some form or another. There are numerous versions of the striders, each for a different purpose.

Super Weapons:

Sea-Strider: The Sea Strider is a mechanized weapons platform that can swim in the sea and travel on land. Much of its bulk is given over to armour and engine space. The most deadly portion is its movement and sounds mimic that of a large whale. Propulsion is created by a tail like device that drives with through the water. Large pincer claws with cutting lasers jut forward of a rounded cockpit. The machine carries both torpedoes and missiles. Six legs allow it to walk on land making it a dangerous weapon when used in the right hands. The Amharan Military maintains a small fleet of these.

Shield of God: Not an offensive weapon, this can be found in all major Amharan cities. When activated it allows the shield to absorb high intensity heat and destructive force. Though not impervious to someone walking through it, it can allow Amharan cities to weather enemy bombardment without much ill effect.

Light of God: A weapon that causes no physical damage save to complete destroy ones capability to see and to render most electronics useless. When dropped it explodes above an enemy target causing an immediate and almost sun like ball that simply flashes outwards. Its effects include scrambling computers and electronic systems and completely frying the visual systems of any Humanoid who happens to catch even a glimpse of it, be it a reflection or direct blast within a thirty kilometer radius.
Last edited by Tempest on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kona_Kona67 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:38 am

Three questions:

First:

How does a giant ball of light Damage computers?

Second:

Why're you so dead set on exporting Opium?

Third:

Why did you shift from extreme crap-hole to happy land, but with Drugs?
I have the verbalization ability of Ollie Williams. Seriously.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kona_Kona67
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:48 am

Kona_Kona67 wrote:Three questions:

First:

How does a giant ball of light Damage computers?

Second:

Why're you so dead set on exporting Opium?

Third:

Why did you shift from extreme crap-hole to happy land, but with Drugs?

First: Excellent Question. I can edit that. On that note, do you have any idea what an EMP is?

Two: I don't see why this is a serious concern to you...

Third: Well apparently everyone else here is a ridiculous super power so I figured I should climb on board so I don't get stomped should a skirmish or war break out and since drugs sell to everyone and you can make plenty of money off of them, why not?

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kona_Kona67 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:13 pm

Tempest wrote:
First: Excellent Question. I can edit that. On that note, do you have any idea what an EMP is?

Third: Well apparently everyone else here is a ridiculous super power so I figured I should climb on board so I don't get stomped should a skirmish or war break out and since drugs sell to everyone and you can make plenty of money off of them, why not?

Well considering it was stated on the intro post that this is a certain time period, and players are major world players due to their tech and.. well whatever else makes them unique. I haven't read any nations so far that have made me go "..DAMN." in terms of super-power level. I honestly don't find yours that way either, I'm just finding some odd things in it and asking.

Yes I do know what an EMP is, but getting hit by light =/= EMP. There's also the fact that it blinds everyone with "The slightest glimpse" in 20 kilometers? Holy hell that's overpowering, I'd say. A weapon of that scale, while bursting at the seams with cool-points towards your theme, is a few points over the overpowered line. My best one is a bigass nebelwerfer that can fire white phosphorous warheads and take out about 8 city blocks. Yours is a gigantic flashbang that RAEPs basically everyone's ability to see, for keeps, as well as destroying any and all tech. What does this thing run on? The Power of your nation's God?

As for why I'm curious about Opium, well you answered that despite initially not wanting to, but its the fact that your country, which I view as basically Naboo, with drugs, is exporting drugs because they're profitable. So apparently its Naboo replaced with gangster-rappers. There's the fact that some people's nations may not be too keen on you pumping out Opium products. Also individually why I am curious is simply because I am. Its the only thing you really kept from your previous nation.

Also you may want to realize that my comment was not on your super-power, but just a sudden and very loud shifting-clunk in style. You went from Crapsack that rivals, nay, surpasses the Imperium in 40k in Crapsacky-ness, to a golden Utopia full of drug exporting thugs. Thugs who from time to time go to other countries to preach the good works of High-Lord Opium and the Cracky-Kids.

Kona_Kona67
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:48 pm

Kona_Kona67 wrote:
Tempest wrote:

Well considering it was stated on the intro post that this is a certain time period, and players are major world players due to their tech and.. well whatever else makes them unique. I haven't read any nations so far that have made me go "..DAMN." in terms of super-power level. I honestly don't find yours that way either, I'm just finding some odd things in it and asking.

Yes I do know what an EMP is, but getting hit by light =/= EMP. There's also the fact that it blinds everyone with "The slightest glimpse" in 20 kilometers? Holy hell that's overpowering, I'd say. A weapon of that scale, while bursting at the seams with cool-points towards your theme, is a few points over the overpowered line. My best one is a bigass nebelwerfer that can fire white phosphorous warheads and take out about 8 city blocks. Yours is a gigantic flashbang that RAEPs basically everyone's ability to see, for keeps, as well as destroying any and all tech. What does this thing run on? The Power of your nation's God?

As for why I'm curious about Opium, well you answered that despite initially not wanting to, but its the fact that your country, which I view as basically Naboo, with drugs, is exporting drugs because they're profitable. So apparently its Naboo replaced with gangster-rappers. There's the fact that some people's nations may not be too keen on you pumping out Opium products. Also individually why I am curious is simply because I am. Its the only thing you really kept from your previous nation.

Also you may want to realize that my comment was not on your super-power, but just a sudden and very loud shifting-clunk in style. You went from Crapsack that rivals, nay, surpasses the Imperium in 40k in Crapsacky-ness, to a golden Utopia full of drug exporting thugs. Thugs who from time to time go to other countries to preach the good works of High-Lord Opium and the Cracky-Kids.

Gangster rappers... Now your stereotyping... How very horrid... The largest exporter of Opium in the world was once the British Empire and one would hardly call them gangster rappers.

As for the giant ole flash bang, you may have a point... I'll wait to see what the GM have to say and then go from there.

And despite my surliness I do appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kona_Kona67 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:40 pm

True the British Empire at one time was the leading exporter of Opium, because the British empire owned damn near everything. Including Afghanistan, which I guess means <Insert Obligatory Terrorist joke here>.

Also I wouldn't say "Surly" describes my general view on things. "Sarcastic" yes, not so much surly. Also, I'd not qualify "Stereotype" as "Horrid" either, its just a fact of life, wouldn't get so worked up over it, considering I was using it in a joking context.

Kona_Kona67
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Sea-Strider: The Sea Strider is a mechanized weapons platform that can swim in the sea and travel on land. Much of its bulk is given over to armour and engine space. The most deadly portion is its movement and sounds mimic that of a large whale. Propulsion is created by a tail like device that drives with through the water. Large pincer claws with cutting lasers jut forward of a rounded cockpit. The machine carries both torpedoes and missiles. Six legs allow it to walk on land making it a dangerous weapon when used in the right hands. The Amharan Military maintains a small fleet of these.

Jesus, all the things that could and possibly will go wrong with something like this...

Honestly, the lasers and design are stupid. Just stick with tanks or cannons or some manner of giant flying carrier. And not to mention the massive technical hitches of getting something without threads to move at a respectable pace on land and in water.

No!

Shield of God: Not an offensive weapon, this can be found in all major Amharan cities. When activated it allows the shield to absorb high intensity heat and destructive force. Though not impervious to someone walking through it, it can allow Amharan cities to weather enemy bombardment without much ill effect.

NO!

I don't feel like quoting the rule in question, but it can be summed up like this. "USE COMMON SENSE DAMMIT."

Force fields are simply not common sense. First, there's no way such a thing could even exist in the current time-frame, and secondly, it gives you an unfair advantage over the other players, in that you could just raise your magical city shielding and protect yourself from any attacks. And, it's not even internally consistent. If someone can walk through your shield, then the pressure wave of explosive weapons can damage it just as easily!

Light of God: A weapon that causes no physical damage save to complete destroy ones capability to see and to render most electronics useless. When dropped it explodes above an enemy target causing an immediate and almost sun like ball that simply flashes outwards. Its effects include scrambling computers and electronic systems and completely frying the visual systems of any Humanoid who happens to catch even a glimpse of it, be it a reflection or direct blast within a thirty kilometer radius.

As Co-GM; I say no. And so does Azrican, the main GM.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:17 am

um just to say the walking though sheild thing would work you said something about naboo so think about how the battle droids walked right though the gungan shield even though thier weapons did nothing

Also i've seen new nations with rat people, ape people, etc. and I can't have undead what's up with that?
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KroqGar543 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:40 am

Notice how the Skaven nation hasn't been accepted yet. And unevolved Early Humans are quite different from Undead.

And the transparent shield thing wouldn't work. Just because it works in Star Wars, doesn't mean the physics are sound. As far as the Gungan shield is concerned, it absorbs energy and not solids, so the laser weapons are useless. However, nobody in this game is using lasers, so it makes the shield rpetty much useless. I wouldn't take anything from that series too seriously. Not only that, but they have extremely advanced tech in that. It's not set in 2015.

KroqGar543
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:48 am

Well i'm a star wars freak so yeah
well anyway can someone tell me what's going on atm cause i haven't got a chace to post in a while
Also kronos needs to respond to the note i sent him in my last post.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kona_Kona67 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:54 am

Kronos wrote:I don't feel like quoting the rule in question, but it can be summed up like this. "USE COMMON SENSE DAMMIT."

That sums it up nicely, I'd think.

Undead are.. well Undead, they don't require damn near anything to survive, generally can't be killed permanently via conventional weaponry, etc.

To take away those factors wouldn't make them undead, it'd make them Retarded. Also to think that they'd be able to live out conventional "Lives" and form a nation is so dense that it ascends to a level beyond retarded, you're now sitting around RETAAAHDAD territory right there.

Something also to keep in mind for the general future, "It worked in Star Wars!" isn't a legitimate argument. That is like saying "Well, it worked in Gurren Lagann." and expecting people to go along with it. (Admittedly if someone said that I'd go along with it, but I'm a dork, so meh.)

Edit:* GRAHMMUR*

Kona_Kona67
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:38 am

um wonder if they would accept clones as a race to add to mine?

Also I need to think up a 3rd super weapon seeing as I only have two. I'm better at medevil or sci-fi then this....

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kona_Kona67 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:42 am

Iced Fire wrote:um wonder if they would accept clones as a race to add to mine?

Also I need to think up a 3rd super weapon seeing as I only have two. I'm better at medevil or sci-fi then this....

Didn't read what I quoted a second ago, eh?

We don't have cloning technology capable of replicating humans now in 2008, then we most likely won't in 2015, when this is set.

The only way I can see clones working is if that was one of your super-weapons, though that's a pretty advanced tech, and honestly is a game-breaker.

Kona_Kona67
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:18 pm

Honestly, the lasers and design are stupid. Just stick with tanks or cannons or some manner of giant flying carrier. And not to mention the massive technical hitches of getting something without threads to move at a respectable pace on land and in water.

I don't feel like quoting the rule in question, but it can be summed up like this. "USE COMMON SENSE DAMMIT."

I can't believe you honestly just told me to use some manner of flying giant carrier and then told me to use common sense... Are you completely hipocritical and stupid? I mean seriously, I dont know where you get off with this whole "I am god" thing but obviously you know jack shit about Military. We are way closer to mini-subs who can use cutting lasers (No, wait, we have those already), then we are to gaint flying carriers. There arn't even prototypes for those, let alone drawings.

And dont try to spoon feed me bullshit about what you have read on wikipedia becuase, news flash, you can put anything you want on there. The idea of submarine carriers is still a dream, let alone flying ones. Grow up.

As far as I can tell, this is about you GM's maintaining your position as supreme super powers. I will have no part in this.

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:21 pm

"Do not talk about the boards on the boards!" Possibly the greatest rule in existence, thanks to TV without pity.

And that is exactly what you're doing. You've ignored the entire (albeit damn short) brunt of what I've said, in favor of calling me a hypocrite for suggesting you use something slightly less outlandish.

Walking mechanized crustaceans with cutting lasers, conventional weaponry, and the ability to travel underwater vs. submarine carriers/aerial carriers.

Tell me, which one seems more outlandish?

You're free to have submarines with ABM-strength cutting lasers, but not walking submarines with legs, that are able to use lasers powerful, and compact, enough to be useful in combat.

All in all, thanks for the personal assaults. You've made quite an ass out of yourself.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 pm

I can't believe you honestly just told me to use some manner of flying giant carrier and then told me to use common sense... Are you completely hipocritical and stupid? I mean seriously, I dont know where you get off with this whole "I am god" thing but obviously you know jack shit about Military. We are way closer to mini-subs who can use cutting lasers (No, wait, we have those already), then we are to gaint flying carriers. There arn't even prototypes for those, let alone drawings.

Please, refrain from insulting a man I appointed in aiding me with the logistics of this thread. Insulting him is just as well insulting me. Starting, I would like to inform you that you are rejected from the thread, simply for your actions, disregarding your attempts at what both Kronos and I agree was a nation that could hardly sustain the weaponry and hardware you had applied. Your attempts to "jump onto the super weapon" board have showed us you are far more concerned with the own impression of your nation, rather than it's capacity to interact effectively with outside nations.

And dont try to spoon feed me bullshit about what you have read on wikipedia becuase, news flash, you can put anything you want on there. The idea of submarine carriers is still a dream, let alone flying ones. Grow up.

Neither I, or Kronos, are attempting to spoon feed you anything. We only ask that you enter the thread with at least a sparse amount of knowledge about the rules of this RP. Yes, logic plays a large part, but we expect you to be able to curb your "standards" for a slight spark of inspiration. No, laser cutters can not function underwater, no, we do not have them, and no, they won't be allowed. Ask yourself this question, how is a nation the size of Azrica out classed in terms of weaponry by yours? You are exponentially smaller than Azrica, yet you are brandishing weapons and hardware that one would see in Star Wars. What I see, is someone who is incapable of compromising with others when their attempts infringe on the rules of the RP. I have GM'ed To Forge A Nation before, and one of my critical mistakes was allowing myself to easily "bend" the rules for people such as yourself, whom will not be given name.

Kronos, I am formally apologizing for Tempest, whether he agrees to so or not. His immaturity has displayed to me, if not you, or any other deeply respected member of this thread, that he is incapable of following proper procedure and act accordingly to be accepted into the thread. I will have it known, however, the because of Tempests' temper-tantrum, I have devoted what hour I was allotted this night to typing this post. So, with that said, Tempest, consider yourself permanently rejected from an attempt to rejoin this thread until it is proven to either me or Kronos that you are capable of properly creating a nation within the specified rules.
Last edited by AzricanRepublic on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hostilecrayon on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Since I seem to be invisible, I'm going to guess you're not approving my idea, Az. Oh well.

hostilecrayon
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:47 am

i still need to know what is going on atm so i can get back in and kronos needs to respond to letter sent to him in the IC he seemed to ignore Sandora's letter...

Also I'd like to know if Clones are allowed they will probly be my last super weapons as it is big tech. Anyway it will just be the first few legions of the "clonetroopers"

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:27 am

Yea, Kronos hasn't replied to Nod's letter either. :(

Hopefully I'll be able to make a post by the end of the week, I'd really like to debut my Templar infantry system and expose some of the inner workings of the Sovereignty's government.
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kona_Kona67 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:26 am

Iced Fire wrote:Also I'd like to know if Clones are allowed they will probly be my last super weapons as it is big tech. Anyway it will just be the first few legions of the "clonetroopers"

It depends, are they wearing Phase 1, or Phase 2 Clone Armor?

Oh, and no Null Class clones, damnit. :lol:

Kona_Kona67
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!