Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Ascension of the Nine (Open Casting/Auditions)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Ascension of the Nine (Open Casting/Auditions)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esari on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Hello.

This will soon be the story of The Ascension of the Nine.

Following this introduction, this will be a large, intensely worked on story centered around the Nine Patriarchs of Magic. The Nine who ascended beyond the physical reality of this world and ushered in a new era of strength. The Nine were the first, and most powerful beings who transcended their humanly boundaries -- the only to ever do so.

Though, power comes at a price. As the Nine grew cautious of their magic spreading to others, they devised a plan to ensure the world would be safe if any of them were defeated in battle by a higher power. As their time on Earth came to an end, the Nine met underground, in the dead of night -- to concentrate all of their power into a reserve -- one to be used to defeat evil on judgement day.

One of the Nine, [to be determined by those who sign up] didn't see it fit that they sacrifice their power for those in the future. He, selfishly, wanted to remain the most powerful. Turning to treachery as the Nine concentrated upon focusing their magic, he suddenly stopped -- and as he hadn't poured all of his energy into the concentration of power, he was able to slay three of the Nine Patriarchs.

Five were left, but unable to fight -- trying to protect the three who were slain, they were injured in their battle. This left the selfish one to claim the power for his own. The Power of the Nine was his alone.

Centuries later -- magic had nearly vanished from the medieval world. With the Nine slain and hiding, the one was able raise an army, and concur much of the earth for himself. As the Nine did not age, he forever remained powerful -- sitting triumphantly atop his ill-acquired throne.

Though all but the selfish one of the Nine had vanished from the world, their descendants remained. Though magic had been forgotten, the natural gift of the patriarchs flowed through their descendants veins. Some realized their talent naturally, and some never knew they had it. But soon, the few descendants -- each with the unique gift of their ancestor -- will combat he who had taken their power.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in. Please post here with information about your character so I can begin the story.

Please post the following.

Name:
Character Appearance:
Character Personality:
Background Information:
Specific Role You'd Like to Play (Optional):
Combat Related Information (i.e. Weapons, Style, Methods... etc...):
Picture (Optional):
How good of a writer do you view yourself to be?:
Any other important information:
Last edited by Esari on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Esari
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: The Ascension of the Nine (Open Casting/Auditions)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wings_Take_Flight on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:43 pm

Name: Anya
Character Appearance: Image
Character Personality: Anya has always been the sensible one, she never took risks unless she deemed that it was needed. Always determined to fulfill her goal she will take time to realize what is the right path and what is the wrong path. Her temper was never a problem since she always made sure that it was in check but sometimes when it is needed to be let out she will do it in a smart manner. The only thing that is able to block her sensibility is love, for she is a romantic at heart.
Background Information: Anya is one of the nine descendants, it was her mother who came up with the idea of the reservoir and it was also her mother who was one of the three that were slain. She has had memories of that time, at first it confused her but as she got used to her powers she was able to realize what they meant. Now, she is in search of others like her and she wants revenge on her mother as bad as any of the other.
Specific Role You'd Like to Play (Optional): One of the nine.
Combat Related Information (i.e. Weapons, Style, Methods... etc...): Her choice of weapons is twin swords.
Picture (Optional): Image
How good of a writer do you view yourself to be?: Very good, I write every day and even got some stuff published. I am working on a book as well.
Any other important information:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wings_Take_Flight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xMoonlightXRosex on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Name: Kayla
Character Appearance: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/13259/Anime07.jpg
Character Personality: Fun, funny, care free, a good friend, almost never mean, tries to be friends with everyone
Background Information: She lives a normal life..friends and family that love her, but she's always thought she never deserved what she has. She always thinks she going to hurt those who she loves and fears being hated.
Specific Role You'd Like to Play (Optional): One of the descendents/9
Combat Related Information (i.e. Weapons, Style, Methods... etc...): Power of Love/Friendship (Pretty gay but..yea XD)
Picture (Optional): It's in appearence ^_^'
How good of a writer do you view yourself to be?: An ok one, i wouldn't say that I'M THE WRITER'S GLORY OF THE WORLD or anything ^_^' but im pretty good i'd say
Any other important information: Nope :3, just pwease except meh!

xMoonlightXRosex
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Name: Nesad Sifera
Character Appearance: Nesad is a tall man, standing 6'8, and has slightly darker skin than that in the picture, more tanned. And imagine the pants less baggy, and the sleeves less.. droopy.
Character Personality: Nesad is one to trust, he will keep a secret forever without telling of told to, and is loyal to those he knows well. He is also very cunning and optimistic, making the best of most situations. The last thing he would do is turn to darkness, and join the Nine who rules over most of the earth.
Background Information: Nesad has been around for quite some time, he
Specific Role You'd Like to Play: A descendant from one of the nine, possesses the powers of Necromancy and Pyrokinesis, as well as ethereal drifting(The ability to drift in and out of an ethereal state, to be limited not by physical boundaries.) He grew up in a family of warriors, his father one of the descendants of the nine, thus making him one of the descendants too.
Combat Related Information: While Nesad prefers to use his magic a lot, he will occasionally use his staff for hand-to-hand, he is skilled in both.
Picture: Appearance. <-- God I hate the sleeves and pants in that picture >_> Imagine the pants less baggy, and the sleeves less droopy.
How good of a writer do you view yourself to be?: A relatively well writer/roleplayer on better days, though sometimes I am a little off, unable to focus as well, skipping some detail in longer posts >_<
Any other important information: I can has spot in roleplay? <-- That is epic. Now how can you deny kitty? xD

Paradigm
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 pm

I would very much like to join, but I have a question. What time...I guess you could say "Era" are we in? Are we in...like, medieval, or in a more modern time?

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:12 pm

Hm, that would help to know.. I was assuming medieval >.>

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esari on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:53 pm

Kaedai Mikailo wrote:I would very much like to join, but I have a question. What time...I guess you could say "Era" are we in? Are we in...like, medieval, or in a more modern time?

Paradigm wrote:Hm, that would help to know.. I was assuming medieval >.>

Ah, sorry, yes, it is in a Medieval Setting. I'll go back and fix it in the main text. Also the time span between the Original Nine and the current descendants is much longer that one generation (i.e. it was enough time for magic to effectively vanish from the world).

Anyway, I'll go back and fix it, thanks.

Esari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:14 pm

So.. When does it start >_>

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wings_Take_Flight on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:19 pm

She said as soon as we get all nine people.

Wings_Take_Flight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:23 pm

Oh, didn't see that part.

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:18 pm

I'll have to post a sheet tomorrow. I have to go now.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bio_Ed on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:42 am

Name: Darrius of the Masha tribe

Character Appearance: 23 years old. A lean runner's athlete, he stands 6ft tall with dark brown eyes and short dark hair. He's fair skinned and wears animal skin pants and a vest. He carries a bow and quiver of arrows, and a walking stick which he can effectively use in battle.

Character Personality: Though his is an only child, he is the oldest within his generation and has always played the "big-brother" role to the youth of the tribe and made sure to present himself as a good role model by training extensively on wide variety of skills, especially with a bow and arrow. The Masha tribe are one of the few in the region that actually come in contact with member of other (much more urban) societies for barter, trade, and information exchange of the enemy. Being the son of the chief, Darrius made the effort to learned to read, write, and speak other languages; he was the most literate in his tribe. Even in times of war, Darrius managed to take the time of collecting scrolls and books from traveling merchants. He’s devoted to the future of his tribe. Anyone he becomes close to as a friend he will protect with his life. He actually aware of this attribute which his why outside of his tribe he doesn’t go out his way to make friends and prefers to keep to himself. He only needs to approach those who can help him. His trust his not easily earned.

Background Information: Born with the forested mountains where it had been safe from the origin of the "The One's" reign of power quite a while. But his homeland has been now situated at the edge of The One's conquest for the past 40 years. As unpredictable waves of invasion sweep through the forest and take over more little by little tensions between local tribes grew. Treaties which have lasted for generations between the native tribes have been broken by abandonment and betrayal. Civil battles between tribes have occurred. Darrius was raised amongst these decades of turmoil. His father, the leader of the Masha was unfortunately one of the natives who continued the instigation among the tribes, attempting to attain and rule the land that was left in hopes of forcing all the tribes into one united army. If only he had better people skills under pressure. Darrius was one of the few who went against his father's ideals. Eventually Darrius left his tribe and his land in a desperate hope to find a way to stop the armies of The One. Sadly, his grandfather, the only one who knew the secret of Darrius's inheritance, had died in battle before informing Darrius.

Specific Role You'd Like to Play (Optional): One of the nine descendents. (I can present a possible ability/power if there isn't a specific list for each of the nine). Either way Darrius is still unaware of his power, let alone yet knows how to use/control it. [If we get too many people asking to be descendents, I can be the first to raise my hand an volunteer to be just a regular ol' human].

Abilites: Darrius has an affliation with the art of aeromancy. Just with the air around him, Darrius's senses are heightened, able to detect the slightest breezes and ripples of air. With his ability trained he could predict oncoming weather and even "see" events occuring distances out of sight (like a far away battle) downwind by reading the "recordings" or "fingerprints" left in the passing wind. Darrius could even telekinetically manipulate the air. With training he could unleash bursts of gales or create and manipulate localized currents. Someday he may attain the skill to fly can conquer up storms. But the thing is Darrius, at the moment, cannot perform such great feats because of lack of training...and lack of knowledge of having this power. But his power isn't locked or hidden. He uses unconsciously. When fighting, running, or perform any enduring physcial activities he manipulate the air around his body to height his speed and reflexes; but he just figured he's simply naturally fast.

Combat Related Information (i.e. Weapons, Style, Methods... etc...): He is tremendously skilled with bow and arrow, can fight in close combat with spear and pole type weapons.

How good of a writer do you view yourself to be?: I'm confident with my prose. I've been told that I'm good at narrator.

Other important information: I can't guarantee that I'll be available on weekends.
Last edited by Bio_Ed on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bio_Ed
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:20 am

Name: Brann Valira (Vah-lee-rah)
Character Appearance: Tall, square shouldered with an equally square jaw. Close cut hair, and a short clipped beard, in a bristly straw blonde, with bushy eyebrows. Well muscled with a lean and swift strength to him, but a high level of bulk on his arms, and upper torso. His features are simple, but handsome, with bright blue eyes giving him a roughly attractive appearance, despite the scar on the right side of his forehead, angling down the corner of his eye, the one on his left cheek, going from beneath his eye straight down his face, and the large bump in his nose from where it was once broken.
Character Personality: Gruff, but kind. Largely taciturn. I prefer the personality to be revealed in character than to try and some it up in a template.
Background Information: Grew up the son of an old knight, training alongside the knights to be that his father played task master to even from a young age. By the age of 9 he was able to duel on par with most of the knight trainees, and by the age of 14 he was able to take on a full fledged not in one on one combat, unarmed or armed with most any one or two handed melee weapon. At age 17 he had a falling out with his controlling father and left home, now travelling the country side and working as a mercenary at times, protecting armed caravans, dueling for money or more indirectly, being played to duel in anothers place. Now he is 19, has no steady work, and is drifting from place to place, thinking maybe he should have stayed at home and become a knight like his father wanted him to.
Specific Role You'd Like to Play (Optional): One of the nine descendants preferably, I can also play a simple human helper or combat trainer to one or more of the nine if you want. Preferred magic would be combat oriented, such as enhancement of physical prowess.
Combat Related Information (i.e. Weapons, Style, Methods... etc...): A master of armed and unarmed combat. He fights primarly with a bare knuckle brawler style, throwing in some more refined techniques he has learned along the way, and wrestling moves he learned in his childhood. His true skill lies with the sword, in which he is an unrivaled duelist. He can also handle a mace, hammer, axe, pike, spear, etc...
Picture (Optional):
How good of a writer do you view yourself to be?: I like to think myself quite skilled, and other people seem to think so as well. Don't mind my one star rating, it was a four star until yesterday, when it dropped inexplicably. I assume some enemy of mine has gone back and given all of my posts a low rating, but I can't be sure.
Any other important information: He wears a breastplate as his only armor, and carries a strong and sharp two handed sword, thicker and heftier than a standard longsword, giving more force and bite to its swings, though he rarely uses it, preferring to fight barehanded or with whatever cheap weapon he happens to be carrying along side the sword at the moment. He only uses the sword when absolutely necessary.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esari on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Everyone is accepted, thanks for typing up the bio's for your characters.

If need be, we'll gain more characters as the story progresses, but this is enough to start. Start thinking of what your character's "unique" inherited traits are, and were they are living at the time.

I'll type up a longish introduction to the story as well as kicking off the main plot. I'll also be playing the part of The One, [named Xanthis].

There'll be a new thread to begin the story, this thread will remain as a casting for new characters, I'll put a link to the new thread as soon as it's up.

Esari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:33 pm

Mmk. :D

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bio_Ed on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Cool, I post up the details of my charri's abilites. **(Darrius's bio edited)**

As for what setting I should place my character. I'm open to any discussion and suggestions in regards of how anyone else would like to have their characters meet. Anyone have any "settings/environments/locations" in mind? If not I can come up with one as well. :)

Bio_Ed
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esari on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:58 pm

The first post is up :D

the-ascension-the-nine-t17055.html

I do need someone to take the initiative and be the leader of Ethros and its 'army' (Every character who's signed up so far will be one of the Nine, by the way, so regardless of what role in the story you take you'll be a descendant).

Anyway, I guess this thread will serve as a discussion and OOC thread for characters and people who want to join.

Esari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:23 pm

Yeah, I have some questions from your first post about the world and the government and whatnot. I thought this was all taking place in one country, the citizens of which would rebel against the tyrant king, with the descendants leading. But it seems like there are multiple countries, can I have some clarification on the world this is taking place in?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esari on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:23 pm

Gabriel_Whist wrote:Yeah, I have some questions from your first post about the world and the government and whatnot. I thought this was all taking place in one country, the citizens of which would rebel against the tyrant king, with the descendants leading. But it seems like there are multiple countries, can I have some clarification on the world this is taking place in?

Well, the way I see it is the majority is "one country" under Xanthis. While there are small, essentially guerilla armies rebelling against Xanthis -- yet the empire is so vast and protected, it's nearly useless. Also, with such a tyrant in power, it would seem likely that the people would suffer as well -- as noted by the "civil wars" taking place between villages scarce for survival.

Eventually, the descendants will move toward fighting Xanthis -- as soon as their inherited abilities are discovered.

Esari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:28 pm

Ok, so Ethos and Anthos are both cities fighting each other for supplies. Got it,

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!