Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

OOC;; Hunt for power -sign up-

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: OOC;; Hunt for power -sign up-

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:56 pm

Heh. I get that a lot. 'Thinkin outside the box is my thing.

---

Also, have you read any of the 'Discworld' series?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:12 pm

ForgetMe;;
Hahahah, It happens to the Best of us. ... And usually everyone else, too, but anyways...
She has had no magic training, just uses instinct with the jewel and no other training, seeing as it is viewed as un-lady like.

I don't think Hunching over, Growling and hissing at everyone, is viewed ladylike either. But anyways. x3 I like it.PEDOBEAR OSPARKS APPROVED!

Kronos;;
I read one, and it wasn't quite my taste.
I'm not strange, at least not in MY world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

oSparks
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 pm

Well, do you know about the Patrician? Vomisa is basically a colder, disturbed version of him.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:34 pm

Kronos;; I do in fact not know who that is.

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:42 pm

Ah-Well-

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:45 pm

Hrmm, I suppose should eventually get around to making an IC board

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:43 pm

Aye. Here's some locations from within Nansbal.

---

Grimminghann Complex – This place has been described as the most horrid locale on the face of the earth. The outside of the complex resembles three large octagonal towers built into a mountain, with several man-made plateaus surrounded by high, spiked walls.

Originally designed as a fortress, the Grimminghann Complex is now a sprawling prison for magical beings. The inside of the fortress is much larger than the outside, and resembles nothing more than hundreds upon of hundreds of twisting corridors, with cell blocks and various facilities interspersed among the rock; this effect is not magic. The prison simply extends deep into the mountain, the towers have been converted into heavily reinforced minimum security cell blocks and administrative facilities. There are three exits to the prison, all guarded by highly trained men with magical weapons.

There is no escape.

- There are guides to the mazes, and their morals are... corruptible.
- The prison can house

Vomisa’s Palace – The Regent’s palace is the most secure building in the world, if you believe what he says. Unlike most palaces of the day, the palace is simply a star-shaped mass of grey brickwork, menacing only through its sheer size.

Walls thirty feet thick rise a hundred feet into the sky, and gates are made from riveted iron sheets. Magical Artillery and arrow slits lined the upper surface of these walls, proving offensive power from a formidable defensive bastion. Slits for burning oil hang above every entrance, and razor-sharp spikes are placed outside the walls and near gates; their purpose is to herd invaders into choke points, and generally scare people!

The inside yard of the palace is equally gloomy, with dirt walkways and wooden catwalks hovering above fast-moving sewer drains. Inside the palace, the mood is starkly different: the outer sectors are dull, but the Regent’s throne room is an orgy of precious metals and extravagant furnishings. The throne of the Regent is immense, made of black granite coated with gold, and encrusted with plundered jewels.

Underneath the palace is a sprawling labyrinth, which the Regent uses to kill prisoners and explorers. He offers them the chance to live if they can escape the maze, and then closes the huge limestone doors of the maze once they are lost inside. The unsealed exits are patrolled by the Nmasen, who see to it that no one escapes.

-{Regent’s Guards, Nmasen}- Elite

These guards are the Regent’s elite forces, hence their honorific title ‘Nmasen’. Unlike even the High-level guards of the Regent, those dedicated souls have some modicum of power over magic; they are capable of throwing fireballs and healing their kin, and have inhuman strength and stamina. In most ways, they surpass the Regent himself – except for the field magic, where they are nothing but piddling novices compared to his might. Each guard is skilled in hand-to-hand combat and armed combat.

Each guard wears a suit of enchanted basalt plate, five-hundred pounds of pure rock that weighs less than a feather. They carry poleaxes and short-swords, made from simply carbon-steel enchanted to incredible sharpness.

- Only four ‘sections’ exist for the Nmasen. The “Parlor Guards”, who serve in the Regent’s palace, the “Mobile Guards”, who accompany the Regent, the “Crypt Guards”, who patrol the labyrinth underneath the palace, and the “Regent’s Finest”, the best of the best who guard the Regent’s private chambers. Each ‘section’ has fifty guards, bringing the universal total for these fearsome men to a scant two-hundred.

Chisholm – The capital city of Nansbal. Chisholm is a sprawling medieval city!

- This city does not contain Vomisa's palace.
- The total population is somewhere around 1 million people.

Grimminghann – A quaint town outside the Grimminghann complex. Grimminghann has been described as a nice place, albeit with chilly weather. The locals are very nice, the food is surprisingly good for a mountain town, and the variety of goods to be found there is unparalleled among chilly, isolate mountain towns.

To reach Grimminghann, one would have to trek up a winding mountain path; and then you would have to clear several military checkpoints before you reached the town proper. (Several thousand troops are stationed outside the Grimminghann Complex, with Magical Artillery designed to wipe the prison from reality.)

- The town was founded to provide goods, like good and clothing, for the prison complex.
- Locales working shifts at the prison at paid a fifty Lenij (silver piece) salary

Drakul Jarim Complex – Like the Grimminghann complex, this used to be a fortress. But instead of becoming a prison, this is the premier military academy for the Nansbal Imperium. Hundreds of students and soldiers filter through its granite-lined halls every day, seeking training and wisdom from a variety of skilled officers and masters of combat. Unlike the majority of Imperium complexes, Drakul Jarim accepts, and even trains, visitors. The complex is located in Drakul-Jarim valley, which, obviously, it takes its name from.
Last edited by Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:17 pm

Looks like we're starting off there. =D

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinister_Cookie on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:39 pm

((Has gun powder been invented yet?))

Name: Ken Cuello
Race: Human
Appearance: Image Minus the blood everywhere.
Personality: He is outgoing, fun, dangerous, and very short tempered.
Bio: From the age of 5 Ken has had his mind set on becoming a soldier. To him there is nothing more honorable and more fabulous than to die for your king and your beliefs. He is currently in the army, just joined and lied about his age. He keeps the fact that he has a jewel secret and says that he has no idea what you are talking about when his enemies are flaming on the ground. [sarcasm]Oddly enough people don't believe him when he says that, isn't that the strangest thing? [/sarcasm]
Jewel: Pyro
Inventory: Two swords. ((Primitive Bombs depends on answer above)). Food.
Magic and/or Training: He has had professional army training for hand to hand combat. He does not have professional training at his fire magic but he practices every day that he is not on duty.

(Finally got around to doing it.)
No matter how great your triumphs
No matter how horrible your failures

There are about 4.8 billion Chinese people who couldn't care less!

-Sign that I found in gift shop

Sinister_Cookie
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:56 am

Sinister Cookie;;
Well, y'know, Link had bombs. So,PEDOBEAR OSPARKS APPROVED

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:35 am

Yeah.

They had explosives, but they didn't have hand-held guns. (Cannons, yes. But those are only useful against ships and cities.)

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kane on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:06 am

I've finally gotten around to signing up! Hopefully this is alright, I tried to be original, hehe.

Name: Mose Massri

Race: Human

Appearance: Mose has darker skin, that displays his half-Egyptian heritage. He has rather short hair, black, that is most of the time, messy. He has sharp brown eyes, and usually an angry demeanor. He's around 6'1". His build is somewhat square. His shoulder are rather broad, and his biceps are larger than most other men, due to all the hard labor he has been forced to do all his life. He has a scruffy beard, which gives him a very rough look. Dark eyebrows and wide-shaped eyes makes him look somewhat intimidating.

Personality: Mose is a very stern, heartless individual, or so he acts. He never shows any weaknesses, or at least he tries not to. He always has something to say, yet he knows when it's time to "put up or shut up". Mose is not easily intimidated by anything or anyone, and will never hesitate to defend himself verbally or physically. He does not consider other people's emotions. He tells it like it is, and then some, causing people to dislike him. He usually takes it too far, no matter what situation he's in. If he doesn't like something, you're going to know about it one way or another. If you don't listen, he'll make you listen. If it comes to a fight, he'll be the first in line. He's been called sinister on more than one occasion. When he's very furious, he becomes almost animal-like in his anger. It's not a pretty sight.

Bio: Mose had a hard childhood. His father was abusive, and treated him like a slave. This forced Mose, at a young age, to become a tough individual. He grew up with 5 other brothers, but he always got the worst of it, as he was the youngest. His father never liked him, and he knew it. His mother tried to show affection, yet only to be stopped by his father. Mose had always labored on his farm for all of his life, up until the age of 20, where he finally made a stand for himself and ran away from his family, never to see nor hear from them again. He's been living on his own. It hasn't been easy, but he's managed to get by. Nobody really knows more than this, as he's very cautious what he tells people when speaking about his past.

Jewel: N/A

Inventory: A longsword and a dagger

Magic and/or Training: Within a year of going out on his own, he had gotten into a fight at a Pub. Another man who was there to drink was skilled in combat and martial arts. He noticed the anger that Mose had and tried to help him direct it more productively, so he then took him under his wing. Mose became a skilled martial artist with special sword handling and training which has helped him survive in cruel conditions.

Kane
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raff_Zeraki on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 pm

XDDD Pedobear...that keeps crackin' me up EVERY TIME.

Raff_Zeraki
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:03 pm

THE IC IS NOW UP; http://www.roleplaygateway.com/hunt-for-power-t17197.html

Also, Kane, Pedobear OSPARKS APPROVED

And thanks, Raff, I try. XD

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Viktor Lefte on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Name: Viktor Lefte (The E at the end is silent)
Race: Mammalian - Fox (Animal with human characteristics, able to revert into their primal form.)
Appearance: (General look i guess: http://www.bottledtalent.com/furry/orig ... ybored.jpg) Viktor looks too adorable for his own good, people really underestimate him for that and treat him like a pet. He weighs 80 pounds and standing at a height of 4'1". Viktors pointy ears and his long tail with Grenades attached are easy to spot out. His hair is blonde styled in a shredded type look and having three silver hooped piercings on each ear while his fur is orange. He also has blue eyes. Viktor's work clothing consists of brown with many pockets while his belt has holders for tools, and he has a plain white sleeveless shirt. When he is out going to get supplies and what not, Vik wears this attire http://www.verymerryseamstress.com/pict ... thos05.JPG Viktor always has a pair of self made goggles on him in case any sort of repairs or work needs to be done
Personality: Viktor's personality is quite an interesting one. He looks like the gentleman type, but he is quite spontaneous. His temper flares fast when anyone mentions that he is short.
Bio: Viktor has been a inventor for a very long time. He owns a small workshop/shop. He had quite a reputation for the things he builds in his spare time in the workshop like specialized element arrows, new upcoming prototype inventions like the flamethrower. He now lives in his workshop in the woods. Viktor is not quite known in these regions so his few customers have a advantage with weapons and gadgets compared to others.
Jewel: Psy, the Bright jewel of Psychick
Inventory: Musket, Frost infused shortsword, Prototype Grenades, Element infused bullets, Notepad, feather, ink
Magic and/or Training: Is very skilled in all elements of magic but only uses it for his work.
Last edited by Viktor Lefte on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Viktor Lefte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Name: Ignisis
Race: Nightmare [horse-like creatures that bring bad dreams to mortals]
Appearance: A jet black mare, with the snout rotted away to it's skull. Hollow, empty eye sockets. A mane and tail of brilliant flames, as well as flames creeping up the back of the fore and hind legs, to the elbow/knees. [closest I could find: http://synnabar.deviantart.com/art/Nigh ... II-1734169 ]
Personality: Calm and collected, Ignisis is wise in the way of mortals, and a accomplished nightmare. She can scare even the most stoic of mortals with her ill dream magic. She's mostly devoid of a personality as she has no soul, since one would get in the way of scaring hapless mortals.
Jewel: none
Inventory: none
Magic and/or Training: She can phase through solid objects, and can bestow ill dreams on others. The only way to communicate with others, beside other nightmares, is to project a dream self into their minds. Her magic is more powerful at night.

I know my profile is a bit skeletal [ did i just make a pun there ;) ], but I always do that. I promise my posts will be alot longer than this. :3

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Myth;;
Hahaha... Ha... Hahahah.... hah.... BOO @ pun.
XD
That's totally awesome. SATANPEDOBEAROSPARKS APPROVED

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Viktor Lefte on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Hey oSparks I'm going to have two jewels okay, since they are still not taken and we need all seven to actually kinda start.

...and for the record I'm going to become evil later on.

Viktor Lefte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Name: Ronan Qumsieh
Race: Elf
Appearance: Ronan is very average, a average hieght of 5"8, a very average build with slight athletic tones, and a very average shaggy mop of black on his head. He would appear to be like any normal peasant, but he's dressed with a certain degree of elegance, in his black linen suit.
Personality: Ronan was always a fairly cranky and angsty person, sulking and keeping to himself. However, the shock from the source of all darkness, Luna itself, drove him spiraling into murderous insanity. Ironically, he's slightly more open to society than before, however his temper flares up when he hears the least bit of insult. He's completely more than willing to fight, and even kill. Since he obtained the jewel, he's grown less violent, almost into acceptable ranges, and no longer murders on sight.
Bio: As a child and teenager, Ronan's father taught him to Use weapons of all kinds, in hopes Ronan would one day take over the family mercenary business. Ronan learned quickly, quickly becoming a weapons master like his father. Otherwise, life before finding the jewel was incredibly uninteresting, and filled with dark poetry.
Jewel: Luna, the Midnight Jewel of Darkness.
Inventory: A cape, and a pack of provisions. Nothing more.
Magic and/or Training: As aforementioned, Ronan was trained in the arts of most common weapons, and even some exotic. His magical knowledge is, however, incredibly limited.

In answer to your request, NO, you get ONE JEWEL. It was CLEARLY STATED. Besides, Luna was already reserved. READ, WHY DON'T YOU?

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:09 pm

Don't mind Vik... he's... 'special' :p
Also... w00tness, I ish approved!! By satanpedobear... o.o

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!