Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

OOC;; Hunt for power -sign up-

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

OOC;; Hunt for power -sign up-

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:53 pm

Co-Owner; aussiegirl7854

THE IC IS NOW UP. GO HUNT FOR YOUR POWERhttp://www.roleplaygateway.com/hunt-for-power-t17197.html

There was a war between every kingdom, over the lands each would occupy. The weakest would either be eradicated, or forced to live in deserts. The struggle went on for decades, as they kept finding more reasons to fight, sometimes religion and other times simply because someone'd offended the princess. The spirits, who ruled the world much like gods, had to live with this strife as well, and quickly became tired. Each created a jewel from their essences, and proclaimed to the people "The one who collects all seven jewels shall be crowned the king of All Earth." The jewels were very quickly found, whether deliberately, or by accident. But the search isn't over until one holds all seven. This is bound to create another war on it's own.

The seven jewels, named after their spirits, are:
Luna, the Midnight Jewel of Darkness --reserved--
Psy, the Bright jewel of Psychick
Pyro, the Crimson jewel of Flames -taken-
Ven, The Turquoise jewel of Wind --reserved--
Sol, the Pearl jewel of Light -taken-
Shroud, the Lavender jewel of Mystery -taken-
Lamen, the Transparent jewel of Mimicry -taken-

Characters can either be jewel holders, or just normal people. Races include Humans, elves, Dwarves, and Halflings, along with anything you can think of, but I might ask you to clarify. I don't know everything. =D To be a jewel holder is first come, first served, so if it's taken, you don't have a say. Sorry!

Rules;
#You can be evil if you want, but you can't go around killing other people! (Without their permission, of course)
#You should probably follow the general RPG etiquette. You should probably know what that is, too. No Godmoding or any of that.
#You should write as if you know the English language. You want people to understand you, write? (Hahahah, yes, it's a pun.)
#If you don't have much to say, you should hold off on posting. A good, maybe even hefty, post is recommended.
#Keep your character relating to the period. This is Medieval fantasy, so there's no Jeans or Cell phones. And Ninjas have to be approved. >:D
#Don't get yourself, or anyone else in trouble. That includes with me, or with RoleplayGateway. =D

Skeleton

Name:
Race:
Appearance: Pictures, or a paragraph, I don't mind!
Personality:
Bio: Only tell us what you want us to know for the time being, if you wish to reveal their past later in the roleplay
Jewel: This is optional, but you may only have one at the start of the roleplay
Inventory: You can't pull items out of thin air! List your most important items here for use to approve!
Magic and/or Training: How much magic can you do? Have you been trained in anything?

KINGDOMS RULED;
Nansbal, by Vomisa Caasi
Last edited by oSparks on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

oSparks
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: OOC;; Hunt for power -sign up-

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:31 pm

Can I reserve the jewel of Light? And does it give me control over the visible spectrum, or all the entire Electro-Magnetic spectrum? (Not magnetism!)

FINISHED!
Last edited by Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raff_Zeraki on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:39 pm

Name: Slade Broker.
Race:Halfling((If this means Half Demon, then He's Half Human half Snake.))
Appearance: Has snake like fangs where his canine teeth are supposed to be, has a scaled like tail sort of like a snakes on his tail bone, long Black hair, green eyes with a black trim, sort of pale like skin, Almost looks like he has no hair anywhere on his body((except for his head.))
Personality:Keeps to himself, he knows when to use humor and he knows when to actually be serious, and he knows at times when he is not supposed to joke around or be goofy, and he knows when to Celebrate and not win to Celebrate to early.
Bio: ((I can't think of anything so, when I do I'll reveal it later promise :333)
Jewel: Shroud, the Lavender Jewel of Mystery((May I have it pwease?))
Inventory: Bow And Arrow(s), one Katana, and two small short swords.
Magic and/or Training: The only magic he can do, is take the herbs and plants around them, and use his magical powers to form the plant into certain types of enchanted like plants he can eat, or rub on his body to cure Injuries.

Raff_Zeraki
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:49 pm

Kronos wrote:Can I reserve the jewel of Light? And does it give me control over the visible spectrum, or all the entire Electro-Magnetic spectrum? (Not magnetism!)

Oh yeah, that's right, I didn't tell of what the Jewels do. I'll get on that right now!
Psy Allows the holder psychick abilities
Pyro allows the holder the ability To spew Fire, or magma, but only if the user has gathered energy by melting rock beforehand as ammunition
Shroud gives the user mystic abilities liken to invisibility or teleportation
Lamen Allows the holder to mimic the abilities of the last "element" (Earth, Fire, etc.) they last came in contact with
Sol and Luna shapeshift, the holder can give them any physical property they want. The only difference is that Sol can be imbued with elemental properties. (They're shape shifting weapons.)

Also; I apologize, Raff, But Halfling does not mean Half Demon. Think of Hobbits. A Halfling is just like a Human, but half the size, and usually a lot more nimble. I'll just accept Half human/Half snake demon though, that's fine. Approved~!

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aussiegirl7854 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:51 pm

I hope this is decent:

Name: Rosa Faal

Race: Shape-shifter (not sure if this will follow with everyone else’s idea of shape-shifters, so it can also be considered a race close to shape-shifters)

Appearance: Rosa is extremely short, only coming up to 4’11”. Despite her age, she is almost always mistaken for someone much younger, as she is not only small in height but in width. ‘You’re just a late bloomer,’ her grandfather always tells her when asked by Rosa why she looks more like a nine year-old then a teenager. Her hair comes down to her shoulders, and is a light blue (While she has no clue about the origin of her bizarre hair, her grandfather does: her parents, both shape-shifters, often enjoyed messing around with their powers. And so, they must have both had blue hair when Rosa was conceived). Even with much grooming, it always has a ruffled appearance. Just under her brown eyes, on her cheek, is a small design that, when in her ‘true’ form, is visible. However, it disappears when she changes even the slightest part of her body.

Personality: Impulsive, active, and not too bright, Rosa acts before she thinks. While she is quite friendly, and enjoys being around others, she has trouble reading people, and often says the wrong thing at the wrong time. Thus, she comes off as rude or uncaring to most, although her intentions are good. Whenever Rosa states her opinion, she claims it is set in stone, and yet, she is surprisingly naive and gullible. Easily persuaded, she has been tricked more times than one. Even with all this, though, she stays determined and courageous when facing an enemy, or working towards her goal.

Bio: Abandoned by her parents as soon as she was born, she has lived her whole life with her grandfather in a small village. As she grew, her grandfather tried his best to teach her the ways of shape-shifting, or how to appear as another person. No matter how hard he tried, she was horrible at it, as she had trouble focusing on what she wanted to turn into. The most she could do was change her hair color slightly, and even doing that was hard for her to concentrate on. Because of this, she was often the center of jokes told by kids her age, not that she realized it. Though disheartened at his granddaughter’s lack of skills in altering her appearance, Rosa’s grandfather did not love her any less, and began trying to tutor her in fighting techniques instead. These days, she still lives in the same tiny village with her elderly ancestor. Lately, though, she has been focused about improving her shape-shifting abilities, and the idea of finding her parents after all these years.

Jewel: Ven, the Turquoise jewel of Wind

Inventory: In her pockets (even though her dress does not have any), all she has is a tiny bit of gold and a small, rusty dagger.

Magic and/or Training: The only ‘magic’ she can use is her shape-shifting which is quite terrible, only being able to make very small changes in her looks (which, because this takes too much attentiveness for her to stick to, she just stays in her regular ‘form’). The only combat training she has is from her grandfather, and just knows the basics about using small weapons.

Pre-approved by oSparks.
Last edited by aussiegirl7854 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aussiegirl7854
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Name: His Holy Regent Vomisa Caasi of the Great Imperium of Nansbal (Nans-bal)

Race: Skinshifter/Human Hybrid (Nansbal, like the British Empire, is a bit f***ked up. Inter-species relations, ect.)

Appearance: To any ‘sane’ creature, Vomisa resembles an average human. Several average humans, in fact. Being partway skinshifter, he has the supernatural ability to wear the skins of others. Thus, his human appearance changes from time to time – a fact he attributes to magic, rather than a disgusting hobby of his own.

In his skinshifter form, he resembles a tall, gaunt creature, with deathly white flesh and large, black eyes. His body is entirely hairless, except for a jet-black Mohawk. Unlike a ‘normal’ skinshifter, he has ten fingers and ten toes, and a physique more human than alien. The hairlessness, pale skin, and gaunt features, along with elongated fingers, are all traits of his skinshifter heritage.

Personality: Vomisa is one arrogant son of a bitch. He thinks himself above other creatures, and considers human life with a cold, statist demeanor. By now means is he arrogant in the manner of noble; Vomisa is level headed and knows how to manage his kingdom – with an iron fist, and a devotion to the letter of the law rather than spirit. Even as he rules with an iron fist, Vomisa is a cultured being – and one who takes nothing for granted.

Bio: Vomisa has taken extensive measures to make sure his history, and any unfavorable elements in may contain, were erased from the face of the earth. He is the great leader, ruler of Nansbal since time immemorial. To quote his favorite philosopher: “Those who control the past control the future.”

Jewel: Sol, the Pearl jewel of Light

Inventory: a gladius of mythril build, ornate silk clothing, a silver fountain pin, a miniature book of parchment, two steel daggers, his personal wand of authority, his personal seal, and a tin hip-flask of absinthe!

Magic and/or Training: Vomisa is skilled in the arts of Geomancy and skinning. His power to manipulate and enchant the material elements in unparalleled, and his skinning ability, while not masterful, is above the average. Apart from that, Vomisa has little to no formal training in the martial arts, combat, and many other fields.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:31 pm

Despite how incredibly unorthodox he is, I've approved Vomisa, and added him to the list of Kings, as I assumed you were alluding to.

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Nifty.

And you spelled Vomisa wrong.

---

Do we have a map of any kind?

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:47 pm

Kronos wrote:Nifty.

And you spelled Vomisa wrong.

---

Do we have a map of any kind?

Fixed. And, sadly, we don't.

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinister_Cookie on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:49 pm

I'll make a character but I wish to reserve Shroud
No matter how great your triumphs
No matter how horrible your failures

There are about 4.8 billion Chinese people who couldn't care less!

-Sign that I found in gift shop

Sinister_Cookie
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

May I reserve the Jewel of Lamen? And then have some time to write up my character Profile?!
Last edited by Saken on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:54 pm

Sinister Cookie; Shroud has already been Taken by Riff. You can ask him if he wants to trade, but he already took it.

Forgetme: Sure. I don't see why not. ^_^

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinister_Cookie on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:11 pm

what about flames?

Sinister_Cookie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Sinister_Cookie wrote:what about flames?

Not to be rude, but would it kill you to read through the applications already put through?
Yes, You can take Pyro. It's free.

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinister_Cookie on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:17 pm

Sorry, I was just rushing through and forgot its name.

Sinister_Cookie
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:28 pm

Name:Saken Lee
Race: Human with panther DNA, a form of neko.
Appearance: A small girl, standing at 5'3, when she could actually straighten up. The girl preferred to be crouched, sitting on her feet on head hunched. She generally wore a black bonnet over black curls, hiding the two white ears that had come as result of her DNA.. Along with the ears were two sets of fangs, on her upper and lower teeth, that were great for biting. They were small though and, as long as she didn't open her mouth to much, they were no noticeable. Along with the ears and teeth, her eyes had suffered, leaving them a dark yellow green, pupils slitted, and a furry appendage, a tail, the came from right above her tail bone. To hide the tail she wore loose leggings , hanging from her waist, to the tail could curl around her leg and not be noticed, and a baggy tunic, a smaller one beneath it.

To complete this ensemble, she a pair of black leather boots, crinkled and creased, well worn. Her fingernails were covered in a small layer of dirt., and she generally kept her hair over her eyes,black curls to spill to the middle of her back, much to the girl's dismay. They were always wild, and couldn't be tamed.

She had a feral set to her shoulders, the way she held her head, everything screamed defiance, a predator.

Personality: She used to be bubbly, happy, someone who was friends with everyone but, since the horrible night that her cat DNA started to show, she had become withdrawn, hostile to others, and a loner. She wishes to be left alone, yet often isn't, and, when she found the jewel, she grew angry and spite full. It would only bring her trouble and, now, this mentality would mess her up.

Bio: Saken doesn't remember much of her past, due to the shock of her cat DNA coming out, parents who lied to her, her mind decided to forget it. She views it as torture and, the few memories she had of a separate time where she was happy, only makes her bitter so she tries not to think about it. ( Prone to flash-backs, so more will be explained)

Jewel: Lamen, the Transparent jewel of Mimicry
ba
Inventory: Saken keeps the jewel on a chain around her neck. A small rock in her pocket, a wooden carving or a jaguar in her pocket, flint (two pieces), a wineskin filled with water, a few apple seeds, dirt in a small jar. A small cloth bag with foods, honey, bread and cheese, and extra clothing.

Magic and/or Training: She has had no magic training, just uses instinct with the jewel and no other training, seeing as it is viewed as un-lady like.
Last edited by Saken on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:39 pm

ForgetMe:
It's Medieval Fantasy. That was stated. There is no DNA splicing, no Airwalks, no cargo pants, and no T-shirts. I don't object to your character being a neko, but would you mind editing that to make it fit the setting?

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Wait... how is mien character unorthodox?

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oSparks on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:46 pm

Kronos;

Just the way you described him, and such. Nothing earth shattering. Don't mind me. x3

oSparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:55 pm

>.> Shit, I'm sorry o-o
*Bangs her head on somthing* Musta gotten in confused with something >.< was looking at to many today,thanks for not kickin me out >.<

Fixed
Last edited by Saken on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saken
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!