Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dungeons & Dragons; Trekkin' Tuesdays #1 Completed

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dungeons & Dragons; Trekkin' Tuesdays #1 Completed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Join us, every Tuesday evening, for a stand alone Dungeons and Dragons adventure! They are held in our chat room, all you have to do is click on chat; then click on the drop down box and choose The_Wastelands. Everyone is encouraged to sign up, join in on the fun, or just come to watch! Don't know how to play but you want in on the fun? That's great, because I'll have characters ready for you to play; and I'm more than happy to teach you how to play. As a matter of fact, every session we hold will focus on teaching players how to better play the game, and their characters.

Our first session is being held tonight, beginning around 5pm EST. Keep in mind, this may not be the actual starting time of the game, but it will be the time that preparations begin! This is first come first serve, so the first five people there (wanting to play) will be the ones who get to play.

Information about tonight's adventure that you need to know:
  • Objective: What to do
    This is the most basic question for most players, especially new players. They are told it is their turn to act, and they have no idea where to begin. I will focus on teaching everyone to use the GM's (Game Master's) descriptions, as well as character interaction, to find out what to do on their turns.
  • Adventure for Five Level 1 characters
    If you have time to make your characters, great! Here are the rules that apply to making them:
    --We are using the standard array, this means your base stats are; 16,14,13,12,11,10. You can rearrange those as you need but you may not change those base numbers. The only reason those numbers should change is if your character race requires it (Most do).
    --I highly recommend using Pathguy's 4th Edition Character Generator. It allows you to fully create your character, from head to toe; without worrying too much about the math (It does it for you).
    --You MUST Private Message me your character information. I don't need history or biography because this is for stand alone adventures. If you used Pathguy's 4th Edition Character Generator all you have to do is copy & paste the information it gives you; to me. Then I can double check it and make sure everything is right.
  • Don't have a character or don't know how to make one? That's fine! I have five characters ready right now! They are geared up as they need to be, and I will reveal them later today in the chat for players to choose. Remember, first come first serve.
  • You should have a character notebook or journal ready. It's always a major help if you take down notes as you see or notice certain things. Since we are doing this over a chat, I'd recommend opening up a word processor and just copying & pasting what you think may be important for your character.
Tonight's Adventure Synopsis

You and a small group of freelance adventurers have been hired to locate a lost caravan. This is not the first happening of the events, and it is getting taxing on the small town of Leyhaven. Rumors have been spread through the town. Most of them make sense, bandits and thieves. However some have perked up about large monsters and evil demons. The reward is fair enough, however the actual task isn't just locating this lost caravan. The man who hired the adventurers, Elder Kharn, insisted that they must find out what happened to the caravan as well. He needed to put an end to the rumors, and get the caravans to start coming through again; else it would leave the town without necessary supplies.
Attachments
logo.png
(6.58 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
d20.png
(11.34 KiB) Downloaded 687 times

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Re: Dungeons & Dragons; Treckin' Tuesdays

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:00 pm

I can be on if its at 3:00 Pm and past, so I am in if that's the case. Should be epic, hope I get my shot at this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silcatra on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:02 pm

Yes! DnD!

Umm...so, what information do you need from us? Is there a character sheet you want us to follow, or a particular level you want us to be? Or do you have the players already rolled up?

Silcatra
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:58 am

I've finally posted up the requirements for tonight, as well as the time! I hope to see a you all show up!!!

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakma-ShadowAngel on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:45 am

Hey im thinking about joining but i have some question...
1 What is Heath?
2 What class is better for fighting with a two hander
Hope someone can help

Drakma-ShadowAngel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:50 am

Drakma-ShadowAngel wrote:Hey im thinking about joining but i have some question...
1 What is Heath?
2 What class is better for fighting with a two hander
Hope someone can help

Do you mean health? If so, that depends on what class you're taking.
As far as fighting with a two hander, you're looking at a LOT of variety here.

Heavy hitters like fighters and barbarians, to holy fighters like clerics and paladins. That's something you really need to read through on your own. Do you have a copy of the Player's Handbook? Also, do you have a copy of the Player's Handbook 2? (These are fourth edition books I'm referring to.)

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakma-ShadowAngel on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:23 pm

What are the Player's Handbook? and on the Pathguy's 4th Edition Character Generator. there is no variety.

Drakma-ShadowAngel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Drakma-ShadowAngel wrote:What are the Player's Handbook? and on the Pathguy's 4th Edition Character Generator. there is no variety.

His generator has a MASSIVE selection. You should head to your local bookstore and skim through some of the Dungeons and Dragons handbooks. If not that, just sit and watch tonight. You could also check out http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=Dnd/welcome They have a demo to watch and see how things basically work.

The best way to learn how to play this game is to sit in on a session. So if anything, just watch us play tonight in chat!

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Re: Dungeons & Dragons; Trekin' Tuesdays

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VeniVidiVici on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:53 pm

So I went through the character creator and made a character to see how everything works. I think I've got a rough idea but the attacks elude me.

Mind explaining what this means:

Unarmed Melee: +4 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4+4 [strength]

Mainly the 1[W]=1d4+4 part.

VeniVidiVici
Member for 16 years

Re: Dungeons & Dragons; Trekin' Tuesdays

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:06 pm

VeniVidiVici wrote:So I went through the character creator and made a character to see how everything works. I think I've got a rough idea but the attacks elude me.

Mind explaining what this means:

Unarmed Melee: +4 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4+4 [strength]

Mainly the 1[W]=1d4+4 part.

Great question, as this was a DRASTIC change in wording from D&D 3.x to 4.0.

• Unarmed Melee: +4 (Base Strength Attack) vs AC
    What this says is you roll a 1d20 and add four to the result. This is rolled against your target's AC (Armor Class). This is to determine if you hit the opponent or not.
    So if the opponent had an AC of 15 and you rolled the d20 and got 13, you would add 4 for a total of 17. That would be a hit.
  • Damage 1[W]=1d4+4(Strength)
    The 1[W] is just an abbreviation for 1 times weapon damage. The 1d4+4 is the base damage you will do with an unarmed strike. You add four because of your strength modifier. So, since the roll above hit the target, you would roll 1d4, in this case you get a 2. 2+4 = 6. So the total amount you do is 6 damage.
    If the thing said 2[w] you would roll another 1d4+4 in this case, to do 2 times weapon damage.

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Re: Dungeons & Dragons; Trekkin' Tuesdays

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silcatra on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Okay...I'm going to roll up a cleric of some description. Every party needs one. :)

Forgive my rustiness tonight, I haven't played for almost two years, and thank you muchly for providing this opportunity.

Okay...character.

Silcatra
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:01 pm

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhj2999m_5c4rd3zd2
I have rolled up a cleric already, you can use that as a template or to get an idea for your cleric. I do agree, especially now that clerics have become more of a "Buff" type class.

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silcatra on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:21 pm

I just finished her, before I even saw your post. I dunno how to save these things as a google doc, should I just post her here?

Silcatra
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Silcatra wrote:I just finished her, before I even saw your post. I dunno how to save these things as a google doc, should I just post her here?

This goes for everyone making their own character. Please send them to me in a private message on this forum.

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Vexar wrote:
Silcatra wrote:I just finished her, before I even saw your post. I dunno how to save these things as a google doc, should I just post her here?

This goes for everyone making their own character. Please send them to me in a private message on this forum.

Do you have any type of rolled up character I can use for D&D by any chance?

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:13 pm

Rion-OfTheHolySky wrote:
Vexar wrote:

Do you have any type of rolled up character I can use for D&D by any chance?

I actually have four other characters set up for tonight, I'll be posting them up at 5pm though, to give everyone a fair chance to look at them. It will be in the chat ^^.

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shyft on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:14 pm

oh, any openings? I'm more used to 3.5 but ill give it a try

Shyft
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Absolutely still open ^^. Three more to go, I'll be posting the pre-mades up in the chat in about 40 minutes (Choose The_Wastelands) In the drop down box in the top left of the chat page.

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:08 pm

Heres my Khral, Leik! (Pronounced: "Leek")

She's not colored yet... I ran out of time v.v;
Attachments
LEIKArmorCOLOR copy.png
(248.58 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Rozwell
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:47 pm

First map of the night.
Attachments
Crash-Site.png
(556.89 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

Vexar
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!