Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Naruto: Growth of the Hidden Leaf (Interest Check and OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Naruto: Growth of the Hidden Leaf (Interest Check and OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 pm

I have had some conflicting research, and actually yes that is correct when I think about it. I was looking back at the first timeline I copied down and not the rest. Many say seventy and I based the story after a seventy year timeline, so yes he was not born yet. I made the wrong conclusion and found wrong numbers. I apologize for that.

So there are NO canon characters now that could have even existed at that time.

good that makes it easier

and no i set it about 5 years AFTER the creation right after the time of war between the Uchila and Senju clans a couple of years after the village named Hashirama first Hokage.

so here is the story

0-Village Creation
1-Battle of the End (Hashirama vs. Madara)
5-7-(approx.) OUR STORY
10-Sarutobi is born

That makes it before the Great Ninja Wars, but Sarutobi is still not born yet as you said.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Well, Hashirama and Madara are canons, but yes, you are right.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 pm

Ok I spoke too soon. They are the background for the story, but no one can actually PLAY a canon. I was using them in the story to give a timeline and not to be set as playable characters.

I seem to be contradicting myself huh Mozenrath? I need to make sure the rules are written so clearly that even I can understand them. (that is embarrassing)

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning-Z on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:06 pm

Hey...um I am part of this RP too...I have only one computer that me and my mom use for our school work, etc. So I can't be on all the time and be a high contributor, but I can contribute. Come on! Don't forget about me! >_<

Anyway, other than finding out when Sarutobi lived and such, I wanted t suggest something. Why don't we intergrate the two squads to be in the first mission together? Like, we can start off with squad 1 and squad 2 having their own introductions with each other and then the hokage gives both squad 1 and squad 2 the same mission. There are several missions that two squads have to be used to complete it. Hence, we'll have a more naruto-ish RP feel and not having secluded squads and such. Also, it will help introduce all the characters and no one should feel left out, but just because our two squads met doesn't mean we will see eachother all the time. EX: Naruto will not always see Neji just because they met and vice versa. We could also use the intergration of squads like Mozenrath stated. As in we can have a Jounin special mission arc and the genin have their own special mission to attend to without a Jounin. Which makes it much more realistic in terms of the naruto world.

I hope you understood what I said and hope it helps some...

Banner I'm still working on ^^

Lightning-Z
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Momoko11 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Oh geez T.T
Sorry for not being active recently...
I'm not going to say much but let's just say i was gone for family troubles.

I have a few questions though...
Even if we did color code it, what if a character was taking to someone from another squad? Would we stay the same color or change? If it's just one character talking to one other character I suppose we could just pick a random color to show that we are , i guess, having a private conversation with one other character from a different squad. But if we did that I think having a billion different colors all over the place would still get a little confusing.

I like lightening's idea about the whole, joining the teams together for one special mission. And the separate genin and joinin thing would be fine too.

Once again I'm really sorry for not being active! But I'm only human and everyone has problems every once in a while.
So, I'll try and help this RP get back on it's feet as best as I can to make up more my absence ^^
CLICK IT!
you know you want to....x3

Momoko11
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

It is ok you two, and I appreciate the input. Even though I think that the color coding may be a necessary evil, I like the idea of making the first mission an integrated one. I had never thought of it before, and it will make everything easier to start out.

More than anything, I am glad you two are still interested in the thread. I did not want to leave you out.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Ok so... who's going where? We still haven't fully sorted the squads out yet.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Soooo... what exactly are we going to do about squad division?
"Man is never honestly the fatalist, nor even the stoic. He fights his fate, often desperately. He is forever entering bold exceptions to the rulings of the bench of gods. This fighting, no doubt, makes for human progress, for it favors the strong and the brave. It also makes for beauty, for lesser men try to escape from a hopeless and intolerable world by creating a more lovely one of their own."

Sociopathy_ASPD
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Well, I think that I will drop my Jounin and Let the set up be more like this.

Mozenrath (Azuchi Hyuuga)
Sociopathy
Lightning Z
ice_demon_micah (Hoshi Inuzuka)

ice_demon_micah (Takako Senju)
Pioneercadet (Hayai Uzumaki)
Phantom Rom
Momoko11

(Future third squad)
Pioneercadet (Unido Arashi)
Mozenrath (Saru Kokuo)
etc.

that is a draft, so tell me who you want to be with. i mean, using a jounin story arc and then a chunin arc would be good too, just tell me what you want to do.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Momoko11 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm

8D
I like that arrangement ^^
If you need another jounin I could play him/her. Unless you have someone else in mind, that's fine too. Just let me know :D

My only question about the color coding is, if we are talking to someone from another squad to keep the same color or not?

Momoko11
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

ok here is a solution to the color problem: if there is a mission that requires two squads OR you are talking to someone from another squad, leave the font color black.

and one more thing: everyone else needs to let us know what they think before we go on to starting this over.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

It sounds good to me.
Image Image

ice_demon_micah
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Well lets wait for the others and then we will get this show on the road. I am going to so some things for this thread that will really make it more appealing and hopefully make our repost a whole lot better than the original.

Look here! I got a banner for the thread. It took me a while to make it, but I want to hear your input.

Last edited by pioneercadet on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:54 pm

that sounds good, but would it be possible to move me to the third squad, if not then ok.
Anywhere is walking distance, if you’ve got the time.

β€œA friend is one who walks in when others walk out.” [Walter Winchell]

β€œToo often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” [Leo Buscaglia]

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

That will work too Rom, I would be more than happy to do that for you. Just remember, our first mission includes all three squads.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Cool, this seems like it is going to work well, and the banner is sick.

Sociopathy_ASPD
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning-Z on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Nice banner! I really like it.

Anyway, everything is cool. I like the set up and stuff. I just hope it stays active..

Lightning-Z
Member for 16 years

Well, I will work on the repost and have it done as soon as possible and thank you for the compliments on the banner.

I will set up the rules and everything else so the repost is a little more clean-cut than the first time, then we can set the final squads and character profiles there.

OK THE NEW THREAD IS UP!!! One final repost and it is all over and we can start anew. go here:

naruto-growth-the-hidden-leaf-out-character-t21490.html

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning-Z on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:59 pm

So...erm is this going to move forward...I've been waiting for an advance ment and I've seen none. >_< Wah! What's with all the RPs going down. >_<

Lightning-Z
Member for 16 years

Well, I feel that it has something to do with the coming summer coupled with an overall lack of interest in the thread. In short, this thread is as dead as a doornail...

So Lightning-Z I honestly can say I tried but failed to keep this thread alive. Sorry...

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!