Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Naruto: Growth of the Hidden Leaf (Interest Check and OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.
Name: Taro Aburame
Appearance: A medium height boy with brown unruly hair and dark brown eyes. He usually dresses in a dark blue shirt and black pants. He is very pale even though he spends much time outdoors. His head band is worn around his head, although it always manages to look as if he put it on at the last minute.
Clan: Aburame
Jutzu Element: Fire
Weapons: Kunai, Shuriken, fists
Personality: He is a very calm individual, tending to think things through carefully before making a decision. He talks very little except when necessary. Very little seems to be able to distract him and he always seems to have more control over his emotions than many people his age. His one goal in life is to become a Jonin.
Misc: Kikai Bunshin No Jutsu- bug clone
Henge no jutsu - Transformation jutsu
Kawarimi no jutsu - Substitute Jutsu
Destruction Bugs
"Man is never honestly the fatalist, nor even the stoic. He fights his fate, often desperately. He is forever entering bold exceptions to the rulings of the bench of gods. This fighting, no doubt, makes for human progress, for it favors the strong and the brave. It also makes for beauty, for lesser men try to escape from a hopeless and intolerable world by creating a more lovely one of their own."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sociopathy_ASPD
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

So, when can we do the repost? 'Cause I'm bored outta my mind here! Only three of my RPs I'm in are active (besides this one), but two of them hadn't post since Sunday. Them members have been online since then. So right now.... I'M SO BORED!!!!!
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ice_demon_micah
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

We are not going to repost right now. We are going to try to get it to work as is.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Naruto: Growth of the Hidden Leaf (Interest Check and OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:34 pm

In other words, I've literally caused the rp to go stagnant. Terrific thing to have on my conscience.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Don't feel bad, Moserath. We would've done something like this even if you didn't show up. As you can see some of the RPers had quit. So, sooner or later we would've done a repost.

ice_demon_micah
Member for 15 years

No it was not you Mozenrath it was slowing well before you got here. People lost interest in the thread easily because I did not make everyone jump into a mission. If you want, the three of us can restart this thing again and make it better than before. That makes three heads, which should be better than two. If we can not fix the problems we are having we can take the story and expand on it and possibly even make a new thread that is even more attractive. That might get some more serious roleplayers to join.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Then what about Sociopathy_ASPD and Phantom Rom? We can't just leave them out.

ice_demon_micah
Member for 15 years

Well if we do decide to start over, we will leave a link to the new thread where they can find a place for themselves ice_demon. We have to act if we want this roleplay to continue, and I really am starting to see that just starting over where we are now will not work. We need new interest and new roleplayers. To survive the test of time, sometimes changes have to happen. I did not expect an overwhelming success for this thread overnight, nor do i think anyone will be posting at all if something is not done. Anyone from the old thread would be permitted to continue, but we have to take into account the size of the initial roleplay was its ultimate downfall. We did not have the kinks out first and just rushed headlong into the story without any regard for what was happening.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:23 pm

ya dude, i'm still here and is awaiting new info. way to almost leave me out guys. i am a serious roleplayer, i do post often, when i actually have something worth adding to the thread. don't count me out and act as if i don't care, if i didn't i'd tell you pioneer trust me. if you thought i'd just leave the rp then you were dead wrong.

excuse me if some of us rpers have a busy life, i'm on either on in the wee hours of the morning for a few minutes, or on at night after school and practice and dinner ect. in the future just give us a day or two to get on and let us give our piece. don't continue on with out even waiting for our input. you could at least wait a couple of days.
Anywhere is walking distance, if you’ve got the time.

β€œA friend is one who walks in when others walk out.” [Walter Winchell]

β€œToo often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” [Leo Buscaglia]

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

*Glares at pionnercadet and head slaps him* See what happens if you don't think about the other RPers, pionnercadet? You insulted Phantom Rom.

ice_demon_micah
Member for 15 years

Rom, I have roleplayed with you before and I did not mean to insult you, but you know for a fact that this thread is doomed if we do not find a way to fix it, and the path we are going on is not working. I am just saying let us get the foundations ready for something and then before we impliment get input. I did not make any final decision regarding anything so do not make it sound as if I am completely leaving you out.

I apologize for the rudeness but I am talking about other people when I say this thread is dead Rom.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:35 pm

ice, follow ure name sake and chill, please, he didn't insult me, he was just tryin to get the rp back on track. also with all due respect, you don't have to yell at him on a public thread where every one can see it, you could take it to pm's and not make every one see how you talk to him. just a sugestion. (and i swear to god, do NOT even TRY to head slap me)

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

So, everyone who has posted a character profile is officially on the committee that will decide the fate of this thread, along with anyone that wishes to join in and fix the mess that we all created. I blame myself for rushing into the In Character, but besides of that, no blame is to be placed.

Ice_demon, Phantom Rom, Sociopathy, Mozenrath, I implore you to help me in finding a solution to this problem that is clean and fits into what we have.

I recommend since the squads are virtually impossible to fix the way they are, we repost with a story that has more input from all involved that way everyone that wishes to have a say will be able to help us. That is, after we figure out where to go with it and how to present the new thread in a way that will be clean and attractive.

Everyone agree with me so far?

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:54 pm

Well yes, obviously. Just don't change the timeline. I rather hate seeing RPs getting flooded with noobs grabbing for canons like Sasuke *shudders* or the Akatsuki only to be completely horrible at portraying the characters.

Is the use of 1 thread for every squad necessary? Tsunade was known to mix up the squads for most occasions so why not just... hmm... I got nothing... >_<

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Well, when we tried having one in character thread, people complained about not being able to tell who was talking to who. There is another remedy for that: color schemes. For example, lets say we have two squads. The first squad would post in orange text while the other would write in blue. This way, there is an easy way to distinguish the squads.

And that is why I selected the time I did. There is a slim possibility of a canon ever existing at that time except for any historical figure in the original story.

Anyone have any input on the matter of the timeline? color coding the squads?

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Well, Sarutobi (3rd Hokage) might have been an Academy Student/Genin? Or was he not even born until the 2nd Hokage's reign?

Color coding sounds like a simple solution. But, are we certain everyone knows how to change the color of text? Also, I suggest the colors Red and Blue (easier to remember and type in hexagonal code).

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

yeah they are i was just giving examples. besides, we can make sure they know how to do it before they start posting.

Sarutobi may have been, but I am not sure how old he is. I would rather leave him out unless you think he would be a valuable character to use in the story. If everyone thinks that we need to add him it would not be too hard to research when people estimate he was born. I just do not want anyone with such a prodigy as a character because I think it would go to their heads too easily.

Any input anyone else?

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Think of it like this. How old is the average Jonin? Kakashi was 26, Gai was 29. So, let's assume Sarutobi was 25 when he was the Jonin for Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru (who would be presumably 14, since Genin were all 14). We can then conclude that Sarutobi was 11 years older than his students (25 - 14 = 11). We also know that Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru were 50 years of age during the events of Part 1, making Saurtobi approx 61 years of age at the time of his death (50 + 11 = 61).

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Well that is a good estimate, and according to the research I did at the start of this, many people estimate the village to be around 70 years old. So if we are setting the story several years before the creation of the hidden leaf (approx 60 years according to most timelines i researched while making this thread) he could very well be a genin if we set the story about 13 years after the creation of the village. Otherwise, he would simply be too young.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:23 pm

Actually... no. Our timeline doesn't permit it. It goes like this:

X number of years before the Hidden Leaf's creation (this is where you set the RP)
|
Creation of the Hidden Leaf (approx 70 years before Part 1, according to your research)
|
10 year gap (give or take)
|
Saurtobi is born (He is 61 at time of death, meaning he was born about 10 years AFTER Hidden Leaf was created)

So, based on this timeline our RP takes place approx 20 or more years before Sarutobi's birth.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!