Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Elements of the World (OOC and Sign ups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Elements of the World (OOC and Sign ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Sun May 10, 2009 8:37 pm

I've seen this before but it never works. I want this to work. This roleplay is for committed, literate roleplayers who know how to post at least two paragraphs. It isn't very fun if people continuously post one liners. Alright, Here's the plot:

A long time ago, ten humans were brought before the gods on the highest mountain. Each were granted an ability to protect the Earth from any dangers that threatened it. There was Earth, Fire, Water, Air, Light, Ice, Moon, Sun, Time, and Space. These ten humans were known as the Elementals. They were each able to transform into wolves of their elements and help protect the world.

Times have changed and modern civilization changed the world. Technology became a necessity. Old traditions were not kept and everyone forgot about the Elementals. They too even forgot about themselves and moved on to have families of their own. However, Space and Time knew that an evil was brewing and decided to stay eternally young to raise the new elementals to protect the Earth once more. They opened a school, masked by magic so that no human could see it. When the Elementals all turned eighteen, they would be suddenly transported to this school where Time and Space would teach them how to control and use their powers.

But the evil is slowly becoming more powerful and consuming the minds of all human beings. Will the Elementals learn in time and be able to stop the Evil? Or will this new force crush them and for once, evil will win?

Rules:
1. No godmoding (it's gonna be hard but let's try
2. Space and Time are teachers so let's be respectful.
3. Every character is turning eighteen on the same day.
4. No one liners. They are Forbidden!
5. check grammar. It is so annoying to have to try and figure out what everyone is trying to say.
5. Let's have fun okay!

Character Skeleton:

Username:
Name:
Orientation:
Element:
Human Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Other:

Wolf of Moon and Sun: These two are twins. They each have a staff with a moon or a sun on the top.
Interior Motives /

Wolf of Space: This is one of the teachers. it has the most knowledge of the Elements.

Wolf of Time: This is one of the teachers. It has the most knowledge of the Evil.

Wolf of Ice
Blaise

Wolf of Air

Wolf of Earth

Wolf of Light
Mobpeace

Wolf of Water
unwoven

Wolf of Fire
Starwinter

_______

Username: Interior Motives
Name: Emma Johnson
Sex: Female
Orientation: Straight
Element: Moon
Human Appearance: Image she has a crescent moon scar on her left shoulder blade.
Personality: Emma likes to watch over everything as though she has to protect it. She can be very motherly yet exciting and adventurous. She enjoys to watch the moon at night, usually basking in its light. She almost has this look in her eyes like she knows and understands whatever she is looking at.
Bio: Emma lives with her twin in Ireland where her mother and father are extremely well known for helping out many people. They have lived a happy life so far and she enjoys every minute spent there. She received piano lessons at a young age and is exceptionally well at it. She hasn't had the horrible life most people get. She sometimes thinks she has it too good and wonders what it would be like if she didn't live the way she did.
Other: will receive staff at the school.
Last edited by Interior Motives on Mon May 11, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image<---poke them pwease! especially the black and blue ones.

Why do people kill people for killing others to show people that killing is wrong?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Elements of the World (OOC and Sign ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Sun May 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Can i reserve fire??
I want to put a lot of time into my profile, and I don't want that to interfere with getting the element. I would hate to take the time to come up with a profile only for it to already be taken.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Sun May 10, 2009 8:53 pm

sure sure. Fire is reserved.

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blaise on Sun May 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Well i figured I would ask first. May I join as Ice? I would love to do an elemental RP.
Yawe vakna. Eld hrimner un fortha onr lovissa vara.
Bond of trust awken. Grow and put forth your lily of spring.

Your love is the rain that falls to my earth. Without you the sun has no warmth, the flowers have no beauty, the day is as dark as a moonless night. Without you... there is no life, for you are my soul.

Blaise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Thanks so much =)
I'm excited to start working on my character. She will be posted tonight, as soon as I finish writing her character sheet.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unwoven on Sun May 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Ooc: I'd like to Reserve Water, please. :] This is an amazing idea.

Unwoven
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sun May 10, 2009 9:33 pm

I'd like to reserve space, if you do not mind. I can't really make a character right now. Much thanks if you can.
Run Rudy Run...

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Sun May 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Username: Starwinter
Name: Tinsley Stevens
Sex: F
Element: Fire
Human Appearance: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/ ... /swirl.jpg
Personality: Tinsely is most often described as "fiery".. and the people who say that have no idea how right they are. She loves to be the center of attention, and the life of the party. She is a very spirited girl and is always up for anything. Tinsley is loud, and when she enters a room, you know it. On the other hand, Tinsley likes things to be perfect, and she likes them to be her way. She can occasionally be controlling or manipulative, but she is trying to become a better person and not do that as much. People who don't know her tend to think she is cruel, but those who take the time to get to know her know the truth. She is a very loving person, but she shows it in her own way.
Bio: Tinsley has spent the majority of her life fighting to be on top of her social circle. Popularity was everything to Tinsley. She did not come from a family with money, and spent all of her time and energy making sure she had good things. The life she portrayed to people was really just a facade. Though in public she was always loud and outgoing, at home she was far more reserved.
Everything changed when she developed her power of manipulating fire. This filled her with a feeling of invincibility. No one could touch her or take what was rightfully hers. It was this attitude that led her to spiral out of control. Sudden Tinsley was living like the rules no longer applied to her, and like she could never be hurt.
The school contacted her family, and they had her bags packed by the time she had gotten home from a party she was attending. School employees forced her into a car, and she was shipped off to school. Needless to say, she is not happy about this.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mobpeace on Sun May 10, 2009 10:13 pm

Username: Mobpeace.
Name: Noah Feldings.
Sex: Male.
Orientation: Straight.
Element: Light.
Human Appearance:
Personality: Noah is incredibly quiet and reserved. He rarely speaks to anyone who hasn't thoroughly introduced themselves beforehand, and even then can withdraw most; if not all, of his actual feelings. He is largely anti-social, though, on occasion his deafening conscience (which guides nearly everything he does) leads him to go out of his way to make others feel better. He's a horrific public speaker, deeply self conscious, and eternally timid.
Bio: Noah was born and raised in the deep South. His upbringing could be considered 'white-trash'; though, he was incredibly progressive and open-minded for his local circle of family and friends. This outcasted him from what he believed to be normal society, and ended up being a massive contributor to his shyness in the long run. He attained good grades academically, and kept to himself outside of school. On occasion he has wondered if there is something deeply different within him that makes him stand out from the others - be it psychological or physical. Though he craves the answer to this question, he is too afraid to go searching for it.

(( This okay, I hope? ))

Mobpeace
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unwoven on Sun May 10, 2009 11:06 pm

/Username/: Unwoven
/Name/: Grace Orchard
/Age/: 18
/Sex/: Female
/Orientation/: Bisexual
/Element/: Water
/Human Appearance/:
/Personality/: Grace is an outgoing and fun. She is always intent and likes to think of herself as an average person. Just like everyone else, she is active and strong willed always liking to move around like flowing water, not liking to be turned down, but has acceptance towards others. Grace has a liking to stay around others even when she has her bad days and good, her mood could change at any time, from calm and docile to rebellious and distructive.
/Bio/: Born up by the beaches, Grace has always experienced the good life, she had a loving family, a good home, great school, amazing friends, and she was always good to herself. She was raised to be different, to be like no one else, to learn from her own mistakes. As she got older, her 'perfect' life bored her. She wanted something new and exciting... thats where she moved down to the busy city with her aunt who never looked at life as a gift, but as an every day hell. Things were ever so different from then on, as she didn't do things the way she did back then, she went out more, learned things that werent fimilar in the beaches, and even got a job, anything to distract her from staying with her aunt who saw life as a living hell rather then a gift, putting negativity on Grace's way of living.. just because she was...different.

Unwoven
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blaise on Mon May 11, 2009 12:27 am

Username: Blaise
Name: Lilly
Sex: Female
Element: Ice
Human Appearance: Image
Personality: Outgoing and tends to be slightly flirty from time to time. Not angered often but when done so she is hard to calm down.
Bio: At the age of five her mother passed and she was raised by her father that tended to drink everynight and got drunk. She was hurt by him everyday untill the age of fifeteen when she stood up to him and finialy left. Lilly ended up finding a nice house on the edge of town to live in. She never did get to finish school for she was always busy working enough money to live and to eat.
Other:

Blaise
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Mon May 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Username: Hunter in the Alley

Name: Eric Rader

Sex: Male

Element: Space

Human Appearance: He has dark short hair. He wears slim glasses. Tall and thin, normally wears a dress shirt, tie, and dress pants and often looks over dressed for any occasion. Usually he is carrying a book.

Personality: Eric is withdrawn from society. He prefers to be alone with his thoughts and often considers other people to be incompetent, and it is this ignorance that often causes him to react negatively to others and often is critical if you make a mistake in an activity that requires thought.

Bio: Eric grew up in a a world of turmoil. It was an ancient time, by todays standerds anyway. He quickly learned that to stay alive he needed to do one of two things: fight, or out smart. Eric has chosen the latter. He has taught himself not to be too trusting, and has a constant thirst for new knowledge. As the ages passed, he graduated from colledge and university. He always stayed at the top of his class, and exploited his youth to constantly go to different schools, though they offered little to him.
Last edited by Hunter in the Alley on Mon May 11, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mobpeace on Mon May 11, 2009 6:01 pm

(( Err - what's the point of the "Age" part of the template? Aren't we all turning 18 at the same time? ))

Mobpeace
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Mon May 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Alright. All are accepted. The age is for the teachers.

Hunter in the Alley: Space is one of the teachers along with time. They already know about their powers and can control them but they are quite old yet appear young. If you still want to be space and don't mind being a teacher, could you change the age?

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mobpeace on Mon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm

(( Cool. So, are we waiting on all the element slots to be filled up before starting the IC? ))

Mobpeace
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Mon May 11, 2009 7:26 pm

I'd like to have the elements all filled up because it makes the roleplay more intereswting. If you know anyone interested, please lead them here. :D

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinnerOfAllSaints on Mon May 11, 2009 7:43 pm

I think that I might enjoy this RP... However that is yet to be unseen. I would like to join this little party as time... Yet I would ask for some time to post the profile. If I might? I await your word.

SinnerOfAllSaints
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Mon May 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Edited my character to seem older. Hope's it alright now.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Mon May 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Hunter in the Alley: Accepted!

SinnerofallSaints: of course! take your time! hehe no pun intended.

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Mon May 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Reserving Sun Please! Thanks!

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!