Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

"Mingle." That's What We College Kids Call. [[ADVANCED; M]]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

"Mingle." That's What We College Kids Call. [[ADVANCED; M]]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roxn on Sun May 24, 2009 12:12 am

Okay.

So here's the deal.

I enjoy those over-rated roleplays. The only thing I do not enjoy about them is their lack of organization, and the plays lack of literary skill in their writing. And that does not just go for high school roleplays. It goes for everything else. It was one of the reasons that I left RolePlayGateway in the first place. People seemed to have little respect for what their English teachers were trying to teach them, and it was, and still is, highly aggrevating.

SO.

I am going to open up a college roleplay for those of us who actually put effort into our posts, and for those of you who pi[also[/i] appreciate and have the skill to participate in an advanced roleplay.

There is not necessarily a plot for this; only because I am rather tired and cannot think of one. So, have at it, but follow these rules, please. :)

1) Multiple paragraphs please!! This means, like.. three, minimum. It's not hard to do. Seriously. You just have to elaborate.
2) Romance is allowed; just do not go overboard and stuff like that. I don't even think you're allowed to go that far before a mod steps in and regualtes. *shrugs* I'm not sure. Just nothing graphics. Stuff like that can be done over PMs. If you need a literal boundary, do not post anything over PG-17. :) I know I said this is a college RP (and believe me, I KNOW what goes on, cuz I'm LIVING the glorious life of a college sophomore [soph. starting in June.. :D]) but I am pretty sure that younger people are on this site. So, tone it down. XD
3) CHECK YOUR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING PLEASE! The occasional typo is okay I guess. But that's what FireFox is good for. xD It check your shit FOR YOU! 8D
4) Be respectful.
5) NO GOD MODING WHATSOEVER> It makes me SOO mad.
6) HAVE FUN PLEASE!!!
******OH. BTW. I have to ACCEPT your character. DO NOT just assume you will be accepted. ^^ You DO know what ASSUME means, RIGHT??******

----

Short profile are alright. You get to know the characters better through the roleplay, anyway. :D

name: Roxnai Kotaru, goes by Roxn.
height: 5'11
weight: 160lb
looks: Here are images of his different looks.

car: >:D I adore this vehicle.

personality: Roxn is kind of silly. He can be light-hearted and goofy one day, and disclosed and solitary the next, though he is normally quite approachable and fun to be around. He is one of the oldest students, having transfered from a high school in Tokyo Metropolis. His style is very much his own, and is normally seen with a charming smile and a smart remark that will make normally anyone crack a smile. Roxn is the guitarist for a band called LM.C, and is frequently skipping classes to rehearse and to travel. His band plans to do a nationwide tour of Japan in a year or two, once he is finished with his schooling. He loves to sing and play air guitar in the halls, and is very bold as to make fun of himself. He is a lot of fun!!! Roxn is also bisexual. ;) And very experienced.

His favorite bands are LUNA SEA, alice nine., D, D'espairsRay, among others. :)

Role: That one kid from Japan. That one funny kid from Japan. The dude with the pink hair? The "Is he gay?" kid. The one guy that all the girls secretly wish they could like, if it weren't for his PINK hair. xD
Dreams: To tour the world~

This RP will take place at a University that has all different kinds of majors. Just think of something. If it's too outlandish, I'll let you know~ ^^-b

I will go ahead and post an IC, with a link that will direct you back to here~ :)
^ -- In regards to that comment, I am going to wait until there are a few people here. XD

OH. BTW. I have to ACCEPT your character. DO NOT just assume you will be accepted. ^^ You DO know what ASSUME means, RIGHT??

I am limiting this Roleplay to SIX positions, MINE included.

Here's the list!!

Character - Player's Name

1) Roxnai Kotaru - Roxn
2) Charolette Jacobs - PoisonLacedLips
3) Unknown - LusciousMalone
4)
5)
6)
Last edited by Roxn on Sun May 24, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
READY, GO toki wo kakete
THROUGH THE DARK ima, tobi tate
moeru you na
dairin no hana kimi to sakasou

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Roxn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Name: Charlotte Jacobs. [also known as, Charlie/CJ.]

Height: 5'6.

Weight: 120 lbs.

Looks: Above.

Car: Image

Personality: Charlie has a very bubbly personality. She's a very friendly girl, to friendly at times. She's a straight edge type of girl. No drugs, no alcohol, but that may change since she's in college now. ;) She's the type of girl that loves helping others out, but she will rat you out if you use her or back stab her. She writes an advice column for the College newspaper. [I hope that's alright.]
She has a unique singing voice which catches the attention of passers by. She also plays guitar and hopes to pursue a career in the music industry.

Role: The girl that everyone wants to get in bed with.

Dream: To be a solo artist.
Run, run, run away. Lost, lost, lost my mind. x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PoisonLacedLips
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

This sounds like it would be really fun. I can't post a character right this second cause it's 2:45 in the morning and I'd like to go to bed, but I would like it very much if you could reserve a spot for me until I can post a character tomorrow morning. If you'd rather this were on a first-come, first-served basis and you can't save me a spot, I understand, but I hope to be able to be a part of this.
"That's like buying the new Tomb Raider game only to discover that Lara Croft isn't actually in it and the story revolves around her awkward prepubescent neighbor and his coming to terms with juvenile diabetes!"

LusciousMalone
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: "Mingle." That's What We College Kids Call. [[ADVANCED; M]]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roxn on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:03 pm

Post, people. You know you want in.

Roxn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!