Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shotgun RP Team

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Shotgun RP Team

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Sat May 05, 2007 4:46 pm

I'm recruiting for a team of 2-4 other people to flashmob dead forum RPGs and finish them quickly, maybe in a night or maybe in a week.

EDIT:
Out first project is Esca Styles' Tides of the Fallen, which hasn't seen a post since March 26.

Start: Saturday, May 12, 12:00 AM GMT (Fri, 8:00 PM EST)
End: Monday, May 14, 12:00 AM GMT (Sun, 8:00 PM EST)

Plot: Angels protect Earth and Heaven from the Fallen Angels.

Cast
It would be great if we could use the RPG's existing characters, like Syria the Protector and Lloyd the Protector of Innocence. Or at least work them into the story somehow. Otherwise, feel free to use new ones.

Team:
1. Nils
2. Azmodai2
3. Amethyst Knight
4. Esca Styles
5. Lord Saladin
6. .Enzeru

Rules:
1. 3 posts per day per person. Posts cannot be posted consecutively. That means take turns, no two posts in a row can be yours; alternate posts with other team members. The order of turns doesn't matter either; sorry about the confusion!
2. Each post should be about 200 words, which is like a paragraph of 10 well-constructed sentences. Don't go overboard with the length, please.
3. Grammar and RP rules like modding apply.
4. OOC is fine within the actual RP, but mark it as such and keep it relevant and brief. We can always go back and edit the OOC parts out.

Feel free to join, ask questions, and make suggestions.
Last edited by Nils on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nils
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amethyst Knight on Sat May 05, 2007 5:24 pm

could i join?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Amethyst Knight
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Sat May 05, 2007 8:33 pm

Yay, awesome, okay. We can get started right away. I'll PM you and Azmodai the details.

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun May 06, 2007 9:10 am

Okay, I like the whole concept of the Shotgun RP team, however, I would like to make a few pointers.

Firstly, it would be best to have the author's permission before doing anything like this. It is, after all, their work, and they will have their own ideas of doing things. It is only polite to ask them.

Secondly, finishing a RP off in a night or a week does not allow people who would perhaps be active if not for IRL issues, for example. I think that, yes, 'mobbing' the RPs that are inactive is a good idea, as activity usually breeds more as people's curiosity leads them to look at the RP. So, rather than going with the aim of finalising the RP to the point where there can be no continuance, perhaps just 'mobbing' until there is more activity.

At the end of the day, taking over other people's RPs without permission, and making RPs final will only serve to reduce our activity levels, despite seeming to do otherwise.

Disgruntled members may well decide to leave, lots of finished RPs will reduce what options people have.

So, if you could post your requests to shotgun a Rp here, and make ideas public, so that the authors can reply, and give their own discussions about the plot etc, that would be much appreciated.

And, should any people like fr their RPs to be shotgunned, advertise such here, so that the RP Shotgun team can help get your RP into activity again.

And, do not get me wrong, I am all for this concept, but would appreciate if these points were taken into account. If they are, I will be happy to join, in fact.

Thank you.

RPGateway Moderator and RP Academy Principal
~Lord Saladin

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amethyst Knight on Sun May 06, 2007 11:35 am

ok. kewl! Thanx for the pointers and it would be good to have at least another person.

Amethyst Knight
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Mon May 07, 2007 12:44 am

Oops, hey guys. Thanks for your input, Saladin. We would be glad to have you on the team. I had considered those points when I started this topic, but I thought it would complicate matters and frighten away potential team members--I just wanted to keep it short and simple and start something with a coherent plot, thinking on your toes, no waiting days or weeks on end for a response.

I PMed Esca Styles last night, because I realized that she has signed onto the site the last couple of days. I assumed she was inactive and therefore her RPG was inactive, so asking permission would be silly. So yeah, turns out she wasn't, which was a lack of foresight on my part.

Okay, mobbing and not reaching a conclusion to the RPG immediately sounds good. I'll simplify the rules to posting a certain quota per day instead of the 15 minute time limit tag-team-posting. Phew! Even I wasn't sure if I could pull that one off... maybe one day...!

I'll suspend shotgunning Esca Style's Tides of the Fallen for the moment, until I receive a response from her. Meanwhile I think we should stay away from dead RPs for now and make an entirely new RPG. Maybe we can start a new one in Necropolis.

Any suggestions?

Normally I'd PM this, but posting here is easier than PM-tag x.x;
As a last note, I'll be MIA this week--sorry, Azmodai and Amethyst Knight! I'll probably check in once in awhile to see what ideas are floating around. I'm up for anything. If you two agree on something go ahead and post the RPG. I'll be back on Saturday and maybe we can start shotgunning it.

Nils
Member for 18 years

Re: Shotgun RP Team

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Mon May 07, 2007 1:00 am

Nils wrote:I'm recruiting for a team of 2-4 other people to flashmob dead forum RPGs and finish them quickly, maybe in a night or maybe in a week.

EDIT:
Out first project is TBA.

Here is the teamlist:
1. Nils
2. Azmodai2
3. Amethyst Knight

Rules:
1. 3 posts per day per person. Posts cannot be posted consecutively
2. Each post should be about 200 words, which is like a paragraph of 10 well-constructed sentences. Don't go overboard with the length, please.
4. OOC is fine within the actual RP, but mark it as such and keep it relevant and brief. We can always go back and edit the OOC parts out.

Edited the main post with rules and stuff. We just need an RPG, a date, and enthusiasm!

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Wed May 09, 2007 10:11 pm

Nils wrote:I'm recruiting for a team of 2-4 other people to flashmob dead forum RPGs and finish them quickly, maybe in a night or maybe in a week.

EDIT:
Out first project is Esca Styles' Tides of the Fallen, which hasn't seen a post since March 26.

Cast
It would be great if we could use the RPG's existing characters, like Syria the Protector and Lloyd the Protector of Innocence. Or at least work them into the story somehow. Otherwise, feel free to use new ones.

Team:
1. Nils
2. Azmodai2
3. Amethyst Knight
4. Lord Saladin?
5. Esca Styles?

Rules:
1. 3 posts per day per person. Posts cannot be posted consecutively

Made another edit to the first post. Esca Styles gave me the green light. So our first project will be Tides of the Fallen, an angel RPG. It's a go!

I'm planning to start this Saturday, May 12, at 12:00 AM GMT until Monday, May 14, 12:00 AM GMT, so it will give us a weekend to shotgun it. Let me know if there are conflicts... but then again, it's a weekend, very flexible, only three posts a day...

As for turns, I'll go first, then Azmodai, then Amethyst Knight, then whoever has joined next.

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Wed May 09, 2007 10:48 pm

I am so in! I can't leave Syria behind! That would be.... VERY stupid of me. So... I am in! * throws her fists in to the air *

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Fri May 11, 2007 8:11 pm

EDIT:

Cast

Team:
1. Nils
2. Azmodai2
3. Amethyst Knight
4. Esca Styles
5. Lord Saladin

Rules:
1. 3 posts per day per person. Posts cannot be posted consecutively.
- That means take turns, no two posts in a row can be yours; alternate posts with other team members.
- The order of turns doesn't matter either; sorry about the confusion!

Okay, I posted. Anyone on the team can feel free to post next.

Remember:
1. Three posts per day, per member. Each post should be about 200 words.
2. No consecutive posts.
3. Also, to reiterate, the order of the turns doesn't matter!

Start: Saturday, May 12, 12:00 AM GMT (Fri, 8:00 PM EST)
End: Monday, May 14, 12:00 AM GMT (Sun, 8:00 PM EST)

Have fun!

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Mon May 14, 2007 3:36 pm

Well, okay. I guess this didn't really go as planned.

Any suggestions for the next date?

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:23 pm

I'm not directly involved, but for what it's worth, this is an awesome idea and I hope this can come to fruition!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:13 pm

Well, if it's possible I would be glad to join and help, because a lot of undeserving RPs end up dying for no particular reason. I think there should be a set time limit though, such as, after two weeks of inactivity the SRPT should jump in. (Haha, SRPT, I like it :D) So, if you guys would have me aboard that'd be great!

Thanks,
Zee
"Some things are important. Others are not. Yet all would claim a mortal's attention. It falls to each of us to remain ever mindful, and thus purchase wisdom in the threading of possibilities. It is our common failing that we are guided by our indifference to eventualities. The moment pleases, the future can await consideration." - Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:06 pm

Wow, thanks for the support, you two! Sorry I didn't reply sooner--my XChat thingie expired, I had nothing else to go online for, so instead I played around with my balls (my modular origami balls, that is).

Sadly, I haven't been in contact with anyone on the original Shotgun Team, so to be honest I've kind of given up on this. No use hounding them when I hardly see them, I guess.

BUT THIS IS GREAT. I'M GAME IF YOU'RE GAME. Two dedicated people is all this really needs.

The time limit thing sounds cool, Zee; we'll have to do something with that in the future.

I'll send you and the list of Shotgun RPers a PM soon, asking when you're all available and what RP we're going to end up doing. If no one has any preferences, we'll just start with Tides of the Fallen with the same rules.

Coolness. We need a logo or a slogan or something... o_o

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:13 pm

Slogan: "The SRPT, we finish what you start..." lolz

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:08 pm

Use SilverEx's XChat build instead of the official one. He releases it for free, as it is open source and anyone can do that. :)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!