Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gotham City OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Gotham City OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Wed May 27, 2009 5:36 pm

OK. So far nothing much. I've created Tyro, There is a jewel auction for charity and Kieran is expected to go and steal from it. A perfect point to just turn up!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Wed May 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Can I have a sum up from my last post? I blanked out for a bit and now it seems tonz have happened!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyim
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Thu May 28, 2009 5:17 am

Kieran has been given his first heist after his industrial accident. He has to hold up the charity jewellery auction that Jazz and Her Dad, the Mayor, are attending.

Batman is on his way to sort Kieran out though...

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu May 28, 2009 7:32 am

Hey, i'm changing my character into a prisoner who has escaped from Arkham, since the guy playing scarecrow hasn't really responded, I'm just going as a normal criminal.
I'll change some of the bio, and the likes and dislikes (I will keep the abilities). Just so you all know.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Thu May 28, 2009 11:39 am

Alright, how can Nyx fit into this? ANy ideas?

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Thu May 28, 2009 12:19 pm

If Nyx wants to outwit Batman, then she'll either have to compete with him or fight against him. There's a crime being committed now by me, you could always jump in right when Batman nearly has me...

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Outwit Batman haha. Anyway Batman and Ninja defeated Tyro and Batman contacted Gordon to come and sent some men to arrest him. I want to rp as Cassius Payne aka Clayface to rescue Tyro and team up to capture Ninja to lead Batman into a trap. Also when will the person playing Joker post I'm really good at rping Joker and I'm dedicated..........

Also join my Death note rp!
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Thu May 28, 2009 2:46 pm

I can handle a cell and break out myself.

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Thu May 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Join this rp please!
post626659.html#p626659

And what about the Joker poster never showing up?

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Thu May 28, 2009 3:05 pm

Right...I've had no reply at all so the position of King of Clowns is free once again.

All those interested in being the Joker, randomly post: 'Why so serious?' and the opening you would do for the Joker. That's how I'll decide because people will want to be him. The best opening wins (keep openings on this forum). Unless you can sort it out between yourselves.

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Sat May 30, 2009 1:47 pm

"Why so serious?" (My Joker is not "The Dark Night" Joker, but the origional. Just thought I'd say it.)
A soft breeze blew in through the barred windows of the darkened hallway, carrying with it the salty smell of the ocean. Two rather large men were carrying a limp body through the halls of Archum Asylum. The body was dressed in the white jumpsuit that all patients wore. Only this one had several ominous red splotches on the front wich seemed even more vivid in contrast with it's hair wich was bright green. He was the Joker.
He was not dead but rather under the influence of a powerful tranquilizer. The gaurds had jumped into imediate reaction when he had stabbed another patient with a pen in the jugular. The pen he had stolen from the prison library. He was now being taken back to his cell where he would spend the next month alone. This was his "punishment." He preferred to be alone. He could think more clearly when he was alone. But this time he would need no time to think. His plan was already constructed.
The two large men stopped in front of a large iron doo and opened it, tossing the Joker in and sealing the entry tight afterwards. It was several hours later when he finally came to and when he did, he smiled. Now this was no ordinary smile, he always smiled; sort of a curse; this smile was wider, a smile of all smiles if you will. His plan would become reality in mere moments.
He had made allegiances while stuck in this hole and they were more than glad to help him achieve freedom. Among these were The Killer Croc, Cobblepot, Basil Carlo and a new psychiatrist named Harleen Quinzel who had taken an abnormal liking to the Joker. These four were the most vital, the other thirty were pawns. The thirty others, Croc and Basil were to make quite a rucus in the cafeteria. This would require most of the gaurds to repot to the area as a fight between a giant clay man and a The killer croc would be quite a spectacle. Cobblepot, or the Penguin, had been able to smuggle some explosive materials from the confescated goods room and made a powerful bomb that was concealed in a rolled-up newspaper. This was to be set off by the door to the Jokers chamber, freeing him from the cell. Harleen was then going to hide the Joker in her car and leave the prison in haste, telling the gate gaurds the problem inside so that they would suspect nothing but a helpless young woman trying to flee the scene of an incredibly dangerous affair.
The plan was genius and only a few things could disrupt it... He was going to be out and wreaking vengeance upon the world before anyone was the wiser, then there was a loud crash, the sound of rushing feet and the yells of an outbreak.... It was time.
Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you're dealing with?
-Ganondorf-

And so... You must be silenced!

What does not kill you only makes you stronger, or puts you into a diabetic coma.
-Lord Validrir

Shronian
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Sat May 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Assumed Name (Hero/Villain): Harley Quinn (Villain... like you didn't know that)
Appearance: http://www.benparksfordesigner.com/witt ... harley.jpg
Personality:
Likes: "Mr.J" (The Joker), "Red" (Poison Ivy), shiny things,
Dislikes: Batman
Goals:
Abilities and skills:
Brief life history: Harlene Quinzel was a psychiatrist working at Arkham Asylum. She was the Joker's therapist for a while and during that time he warped her mind and she fell in love with him. She helped him escape and became his hench-girl. Although the Joker is abusive and generally views her as an annoyance, she still is head over heels for him. After a recent failed attempt at kidnapping Commissioner Gordon the Joker left her in the gutters and she ran to Poison Ivy.
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Edelle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Sat May 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Shronian, Gotham awaits if your up to it.

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/gotham-city-t22675.html

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Sun May 31, 2009 10:55 pm

What about Eddelle lol? We don't have many heroes or people like his butler Alfred? Can I control a few of his friends I need to become more involved in this roleplay as Batman being the "main character" I'm posting in the OOC so people know I haven't abadnoned it. I'm thinking to get more involved I'll take a more active role as his civillian persona Bruce Wayne I'll have him host a chairty party with some jewels or something on display to attract Tyro and other criminals.

What's going on?

Chulance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:58 am

Yes. Good Plan. Do that!

And I'm not entirely sure...

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:53 am

Okay I've started this charity will be good for Bruce so he can make friends save somone out of costume like Jazz, and Angel. Well Creeper and Boris did crime and can I please use Joker? You said wheover has the base opening post I know I have Batman but I promise Batman won't easily stop and Joker can interact with more criminals while Batman interacts with heroes it will help me please!

"Why so Serious"
Laughter was heard from a maniac with chalk white skin, green hair, and an expensive purple suit. His name was The Joker a being who caused mass destruction whereever he went and the prince of crime. However he was simply a man just an insane one who was extremly dangerous to all those he interacted with and he always came into conflict with one man Batman. He was once again in Arkam and he planned to escape at all costs. Joker already had formed a group of criminals Killer Croc, Harley, Posion Ivy the current Clayface Basil Karlo, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze.

They all had something in common supream hate in Batman and actually a second thing being imprisioned in Arkam. This is where they went after several fights with Batman and know it was time to escape and capture the Batman. "So what's the plan? Mister Freeze asked Joker "What plan? There is no plan plans for weaklings who always have to think ahead we think beyond the moment and turned to Harley"Isn't that right? Posion Ivy smiled"I like his style very good!

Joker nodded"Anyway Freeze why don't you go Chill out!HAHA"He laughed. Penguin looking up at him"Won't this atract guards I really think your the only one and maybe Harley who needs to be locked up here you truly are insane! Freeze pointed his freeze-gun at him"Joker got us all of our cells perhaps this team isn't for you" Freeze imprisoned him in a block of ice and than there were multiple explosions Joker laughed and ran off this would be fun! The group split up to get rid of guards and break out and meet up at Joker's limo.

Chulance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:57 am

I would have thought Edelle didn't need telling...but if she does. Go a head.

Plus, I thought I got impatient and gave Joker to Shronian? Never mind. I've had no reply from him so I'll bother him for a bit and if I get no reply until 9 (My time: England) I'll allow Chulance.

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Need telling what??? Huh? What is going on? I'm sooo confused!!!

Edelle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:37 am

Its not worth getting upset about. We were just discussing whether I should have told you you could post.

And seeing as no-one else is up to it...Chulance, Gotham awaits...

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Last edited by The Virginian on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!