Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Gotham City OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Gotham City OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Can anyone tell me what exactly is going on in the IC right now??? I read it, every last post. Sort of. I started having concentration issues. I read it... but didn't take much info in.
A brief summary would be nice.
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edelle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:09 am

Hey can I also play the Scarecrow, since the guy who originally took him left. I was thinking that he would be with the Joker (to start with) unless you have something else in mind.

Villain name: Scarecrow

Personality:
cunning, clever, mentally crazy and likes to outsmart his opponents, however he tends to fool people by his appearance (explained in the Bio). Jonathan finds it amusing to see people scream in fear, to observe how they react to his fear drugs and how strong some of his physiological attacks are on people's minds (though he doesn't laugh out loud as madly as the Joker...he giggles more in an amused tone).

-To watch people as insanity craves through their mind
-spread fear through the city, by using his gases and other compounds

Dislikes:
-Being interrupted in the middle of 'experiments'
-Being arrested, or being caught by the super heroes of Gotham (especially the Batman)

Goals:
Crane/Scarecrow dreams of nothing higher than being able to observe the entire population of Gotham being effected by his toxic (how he will manage to do it is still another 'experiment' he is working on), and then he will make a theory, which would predict how fast the would tear itself apart if the entire globe was hit by such a toxic

Bio:
Jonathan Crane works as the 'doctor' on Arkham Asylum and appears to be a fairly normal educated man who tries to ensure that the 'patients' of his prison doesn't escape, and when people go through his background they find that he used to be a professor of psychology, had excellent grades when it came to chemistry and biology, not to mention that he has shown great public speaking when it comes to debating and discussions, and after working a few years at a university he retired from the job and became the doctor of the Arkham Asylum (the reason for his sudden retirement was because he was offended when one of the professors said that his theories were 'nonsense' and Crane punched him in the face for the insult).

He is in secret a super villain who supplies the gangsters with powerful drugs (which tends to ruin their business, as the drugs 'takes you to places').
He uses the 'patients' of his prison as experiment rabbits, mad men out of them which he sets loose when intruders enters his prison, and he prefers to leave his prison with at least four or five armed bodyguards.
Usually Jonathan doesn't carry any weapons (no guns, knives, or the likes) the only thing he has to defend himself is his toxic gases and drugs which he sprays into the faces of his victims, and depending on what drugs he carries with him depends on the effects that they will have on his opponents. He shoots these drugs and toxic out of a tube he has in his sleeves, however when he thinks that it is life required he will get a gun, or knife, to defend himself with, but he doesn't enjoy killing (unlike some other villains).

He prefers to use henchmen who were former patients in Arkham, as their sanity isn't as 'average' as the normal civilians, and Crane knows that these 'mentally unstable men' are fearless and often puts up a good fight for Batman and the other heroes who tries to stop him.

Pic:

during the day:

during the night:
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:01 am

OK.

Edelle, So far, all you need to know I think is that the Joker has escaped.I don't think he's done anything yet. Harley probably escaped with him.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:20 am

Okay well Joker escaped with Killer Croc, Harley, Posion Ivy, Clayface, Mr, Freeze, Bane, and Scarecrow.(Just added the last person). Well Joker is taking the group to go bust Creeper and Boris out of their swat truck there being held in. Than I'm going to have them go after the Mayor.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:14 am

Chulance, I think you need a little more punctuation in your posts. It drives me crazy trying to read through them. Punctuation errors make me twitch uncontrollably. You also use the wrong there/they're/their half of the time! Gah!

Also, I have no idea where Harley Quinn is right now! No one has specified exactly when they have mentioned the character and I am afraid to put in too many inconsistencies if I just post! Gah!

Edelle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 am

She's supose to be following Joker to the bus he stole earlier and is waiting for the group to meet their. I'm going to have him bring Scarecrow than go free Creeper and Boris and work on kidnapping the Mayor.

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 am

Hey guys, this isn't meant to offend anyone, but just a friendly observation: there's no real plot developing right now. It's all sort of randomness. Maybe if we all agreed on a single idea and worked toward that, things would seem a little less chaotic.
The War has started. Which breed are you? under-the-full-moon-sign-t23770.html

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 am

You posted the same time as me. Well Batman comics don't need a main plot it would be boring since it has an ending. Batman is always facing Different threats it's like saga's there's no main plot one plot could be Joker building a robot army to take over Gothan the next could be Scarecrow planning to dump fear-gas all around the city. If you saw Dark Knight Joker has no plans he just wants to see the world burn and that's what he's trying to do.

Chulance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:00 pm

He has a point. It is meant to be things happening all over the place.

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shronian on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:55 pm

I will accept the position of the Joker. Would you like me to make a character sheet? Sorry I haven't been on, final exams and all.
Pathetic little fool! Do you realize who you're dealing with?
-Ganondorf-

And so... You must be silenced!

What does not kill you only makes you stronger, or puts you into a diabetic coma.
-Lord Validrir

Shronian
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:22 am

I see...There is a little problem. Because I got no reply at all so I gave it over to Chulance. I guess I have a decision to make...

Well, Chulance is Batman as well as the Joker, which is a unfair. Two of the most popular characters. Plus, Shronian's opening post was better than Chulance's, seeing as I offered the role up as a prize.

As long as Shronian keeps posting, I'd like to make him The Joker in the name of fairness. Chulance should have enough with Batman anyway. That way we should get an interesting challenge from both of you.

PM me what you say, Chulance. Having two popular characters doesn't seem right. And all you've done is made the Joker escape anyway.

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:38 pm

True, true. I vote for giving Shronian a fighting chance... Chulance, I hope you don't take it personally... I just agree with Tyro that having both of them adds a bit of imbalance. I mean, after all, the Joker is unpredictable, even to Batman, who deals with all sorts of fruitcakes... (haha... fruitcake) so it wouldn't be the same if Batman knew what the Joker would do next.

Edelle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:58 pm

The charity event that has Superman giving away Kryptonian based weaponry, my girl will be there. It can be here debut as a crime fighter.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:28 am

Thank you very much Virginian.

I'm still waiting for a reply, Chulance. Talk to me. At least say that you've acknowledged my decision.

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:47 pm

This sure has slowed down.

I would post but there is nothing for my character to do until the charity event.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Applepoisoneer on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to reply. I haven't had the internet. Anyway, I'll go ans assess the situation and see if I can contribue anything as the Riddler or Banshee.
If I can find a nithe, can I just post? I'm pretty sure you accepted me?

Applepoisoneer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:37 am

Yeah! GO, GO, GO!!

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:57 am

I'm so confused as to what's going on. Can someone clarify?

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:13 am

Joker has gathered a bunch of super villains. The super villains have gone and kidnapped the mayor's daughter.

The super villains then plan on attacking a charity event where Superman plans to give the GCPD a bunch of Kryptonian weapons.

My character has been questioned about the beheading of a Private Investigator that she hired, she nearly killed a man when she shoved/threw some metal into the barrel of the gun pointed at her before he fired it, now she is getting dolled up for the charity event because she loves weapons and men in tights.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!