Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

University of Hollywood (OOC and signups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

University of Hollywood (OOC and signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:47 pm

University of Hollywood

Welcome students to the prestigious University of Hollywood campus, located in the sunny state of California. The welcoming banner seen as you arrive on campus is just as cheesy as every banner on every other college campus in America. What is unique about this university is the type of students it attracts.

Sons and daughters of famous movie stars, producers and even models roam the green campus in abundance. Some students are even famous in their own rights. With its prime location in the Hollywood Hills, the campus is perfect for the students who don’t want to travel too far from their palatial homes… or the paparazzi.

Many students enjoy typical on campus activities such as sports or clubs, along with other extracariculars such as movie premiers and star studded benefits. While academic excellence is stressed, leniency for missed classes is common… for the right price.

However, not every student hails from the Hills. The University does offer a few scholarships for those financially challenged who wish to attend the school. Most attend because they believe it will get them closer to their dreams of stardom. Others truly just want a good education.

Congratulations, because you have been accepted to the University of Hollywood. Can you balance the rigorous academic schedule with the equally as rigorous event schedule we know you value so much? We sure hope so.

Ok, so hopefully you have figured out that this is a role play based off of the (fictional) University of Hollywood, also fondly referred to as the U of H. Most students come from very wealthy families, and have been raised around money and fame their entire lives. They have also been raised never hearing the word “No”, and having everything available to them at a moments notice. Cue the drama. Students rich and poor are sure to clash as they attend class and clubs.

Now, while this is a college based role play, I don’t expect it too focus too much on the academic part, cause that would be boring. Remember that at college you can take classes at whatever hour you wish, so we won’t all be in class at the same time. And because the University recognizes that students have busy schedules, classed will run 24 – 7.

Now for the rules. I’m sure you’ve seen them in every other role play you’ve joined, but so I can tell you “I told you so” I’m posting them here.

1. No Godmoddidng. It’s lame, don’t do it.
2. Romance is allowed, its college so it happens. Once clothes start coming off, take it to PM if you feel the need to finish it.
3. Cursing is also allowed, in moderate amounts.
4. What I say goes. While I do encourage people to be creative and keep the storyline moving, I ask that you come to me before doing anything drastic. Example, if you decide there is a huge party at a hot new club, go for it. If you decide a storm destroys have the campus, ask me first. I’m very open to suggestions.
5. I reserve the right to boot you from the role play if I see it fit. While I will usually warn you first, I don’t have to if I’ve felt you’ve really messed up.
6. Be literate. No one wants to spend a half hour deciphering a paragraph. People aren’t perfect, so I expect mistakes, but try to keep them minimal. And remember, punctuation is your friend.
7. Please post a decent post side. I’m not going to put a sentence or paragraph number on it, because sometimes inspiration just isn’t with us. But please, don’t repeatedly post one 5 sentence paragraph. Put some effort into it.
8. Please try to post once every other day. If you go a week without posting without telling me so in either the OOC or through PM, I am going to assume you’ve quit.
9. On that note, if you decide to quit, please have the decency to either tell me or to just write yourself out of the RP.
10. HAVE FUN WITH THIS RP! ‘Nough said.
11. I have the right to amend any or all of these rules.

Don’t be intimidated. I probably sound a lot more mean than I really am, simply because it’s late and I’m tired. I’m really not a mean person, I promise.

Okay character sheet time,

Name:
Age (no younger than 18 please):
Parents (names and what they do):
Personality (just a few words, as I expect it to be revealed throughout the roleplay):
SHORT Bio:
Other (anything else you feel like I missed that you want to include):

Ok, I think that covers everything. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. I am going to post my character in a little bit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: University of Hollywood (OOC and signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXblackrosesXx on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:43 am

Name:Amy Fitzroy
Age 18
Appearance :Amy has dark brown hair,and eyes. Her hair stops along her neck,not quite to her shoulders. She is short,standing at 5"3. She has a birthmark of a heart on her right hand.Amy is French-American,so she has a lighter skin color.
Parents Mike Fitzroy(Actor) Patricia-Patty- Fitzroy(Movie script writer)
Personality :Nice,funloving,adventourus.
SHORT Bio:Amy decided she wanted college,but didn't really feel like leaving California,or going somewhere else to get her degree,so here she is. Her father and mother never really visit her,because they are busy most of the day,and when she was growing up,she had a nanny,almost 24/7
Other" Amy also came here,to pursue her dream of writing,and becoming an actress.

Is this good?
Image <----Click please! I don't want my dragon to die!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xXblackrosesXx
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Yes that's fine. Here is my character.

Name: Claire Wright
Age (no younger than 18 please): 18
Appearance (NO ANIME): Claire stands at only 5'4" and is considered short by Hollywood's standards. She is naturally thin (or what she considers thin) and weighs 130 pounds. Although she is by no means pale, she her skin is also not considered to be very tan. Instead it has a dewy glow about it. Claire has chestnut brown hair that falls in loose waves around her face. Her face is framed by angled bangs that sweep over to the right side of her face. From there the hair makes its way down her back in angles and layers, the longest point reaching her mid back. Her eyes are a grayish-hazel color, inherited from her mother.
Parents (names and what they do): Her mother is Renee Wellington, an heiress. Her father is Thomas Wright, a lawyer.
Personality: Claire is shy and mostly quiet. She prefers to stand back and observe situations, rather than jump right into the fray. She always behaves like a lady, but is looking to get out of her comfort zone. She enjoys people watching and likes to figure out what makes them tick. Sometimes, she wishes her life could be more like the lives of the heroines in the books she reads.
SHORT Bio: Born and raised in New York City on the Upper East Side, Claire was taught to live only doing things a "proper" lady would do. Her life was fairly mundane. She spent most of her days studying for school, and her nights reading. Every so often she would attend a gallery opening with her mother, who was divorced from her father.
College time rolled around, and Claire got the crazy idea to apply to the U of H along with Yale, the school her mother wanted her to attend. When she got into U of H, she just knew she had to go. Despite how furious it made her mother, Claire up and moved to Hollywood to live with her father, a prominent lawyer on the West Coast. Now she is learning how the different coasts feel like completely different worlds.
Other: Claire is a freshman, with an undecided major. She lives on campus.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SousaTuba on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Could I post two characters? They'd be siblings..

here, I'll just post them now.

Name: Viachi Boroscova
Appearance: Image
Parents : Zus Boroscova (Small-time Director) and Alicia Martin (News Reporter)
Personality : A little shy and withdrawn at first, but as she warms up to a person, Viachi becomes kind and friendly, and fiercely loyal.
SHORT Bio: Growing up in a Russian/Hispanic household gave Viachi a love of culture at an early age, and she embraced both sides of her heritage. She learned to dance from her mother and loves it, but horses will always be her calling. She rides english and competes in both Hunter/Jumper and Jumper events.
Jumper horse: Remember the Moon aka Cow Image (that's her trainer aboard him.)
Hunter/Jumper: Mode of Operation aka Bubby (pictured in her appearance photo)
Other : The family moved from Russia to CA when Viachi was 4 and Gabriel was 7. These two have distinct accents, a mix of Russian and Hispanic(Colombia).

Name: Gabriel Boroscova
Appearance : Image
Parents : Zus Boroscova and Alicia Martin
Personality : Gabriel loves his sister and protects her from the harshness of the world as best he can, so they have a strong bond. He can be a bit of a flirt, and very headstrong. He takes what he wants and deals with the consequences later.
SHORT Bio: Gabriel is a polo player playing for a small local team. He's very good and hopes to be recruited to a big-name polo team after college.
Other : The family moved from Russia because of their dad. He had a huge hit in the Russian theaters and decided to move to America to try his luck with the big dogs. He's holding his own very well and had a major project in the works that's guaranteed to make him the hit of the ages. (his dad)
Last edited by SousaTuba on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

SousaTuba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:23 am

Having two characters is fine as long as you can keep up with them, They look good.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXblackrosesXx on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:13 am

We can have two characters? Well then I want to make another one,if it's okay with you

Name:Diane Verzin
Age (:18
Appearance:Long,wavy brown hair,that falls down to the middle of her back. She has green eyes,and has very petite features. Diane is 5"4,and has a skinny build.
Parents :Zoonheid Verzin(Succesful horse-racer) Karin Verzin(Succesful Horse Racer)
Personality :Quiet,shy,intellegient.
SHORT Bio: Diane's parents,would always work on different days,but no matter what,they always found a way to spend time with her. They tought her how to ride a horse,and soon she has her own horse,along with training it to race. Whether she was in the stands at her mother/father's horse races,learning how to ride a horse with her parents,or just sitting and talking to them,she's always had a stron bond,and hated to leave her ranch-home in Montana,but want's to become a singer/actress.

What do you think?

xXblackrosesXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SousaTuba on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:36 pm

So, is this pretty much dead?

SousaTuba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXblackrosesXx on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:44 am

I dunno I hope not. It looked cool.

xXblackrosesXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:07 am

I would need to get a few more people interested before I put up an IC.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXblackrosesXx on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 am

M'Kay,well at least it's not dead! ^_^

xXblackrosesXx
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!