Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Adventures of Mary Sue Elvenhand and Mad Marty Stu(OOC/Open)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Adventures of Mary Sue Elvenhand and Mad Marty Stu(OOC/Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:46 pm

The abhorred Mary Sue: to many, these creatures are the bane of the internet, a slinking degradation of what writing an RP is really about, sliding under the radars of otherwise careful GMs to rear their ugly (or more often, quite attractive) heads without warning. Why, a single Mary Sue character is often enough to make a literate role player shudder in pain, nay! quake with fear! The horrors of the Mary Sue can only be denied when a vigilant GM hefts their vicious war hammer and send the fiend flying from the afflicted role play. But where do the Sues go afterwards? Do they retreat back to the recesses of their creator's non-imagination?

Indeed not!

Welcome to Sunny Brooks Mary Sue Rehab Center, a place where old ideas secure just enough spark to bring the originality back! Our experienced staff (all former Sues themselves) takes great care in reforming these poor, unfortunate souls through tried and tested methods such as trope repetition, plot introduction, ability manipulation, and personality inhibitors/conductors, as well as more homeopathic methods such as journal keeping. With a separate wing for Mad Marys/Garys, your character's safety and comfort will never be jeopardized outside of the reform labs.

So please! Do the role playing world a favor and enroll your Mary Sue or Gary Stu in the Sunny Brooks program today!

Sunny Brooks Mary Sue Rehab Center is currently accepting both patient registrations and staff applications!
(Which means that sign ups are open)

The Rub

Alright, folks, you might be wondering what in the world I'm talking about, spewing nonsense about a Mary Sue Rehab Center, but bear with me; there is a point and a purpose to all of this silliness, even if that point and purpose does lead us down a sillier path than that which we have already strayed down.

The point of this RP, as you might have guessed, is to kick back, relax, and have a little fun, which is what we generally create our first Mary Sue characters for (before we are viciously kicked by those older and wiser than we are). In order to do this, I've decided that rather than an RP with a plot, why not focus on those Mary Sues. At first, the idea was going to be something with an actual plot, but as it began to unfold, I saw that it could be a little bit more.

And thus, Sunny Brooks was created.

Please note, I am not actually trying to reform any Mary Sue characters (if you join this RP for that reason, remember, your mileage may vary, I am not a doctor/lawyer/milkman, 2+2=5 (for large values of 2), do not taunt Happy Fun Ball, etc). The point of this RP is for lit and semi-lit RPers to have a little fun returning to their RP roots. Let's face it, every single one of us has made a Mary Sue at some point or another.

A little information about the Center itself, so that you know what your characters are in for. ^.^ Because I'm kind.

Trope Repetition - Trope Repetition is the blatant reusal of obvious book, game, and television cliches, in order to turn your characters away from the overused. Once they start complaining about how washed up some of the ideas they're experiencing are, they will most assuredly begin to see that the ideas for their own character are overused.

Plot Introduction - Our loving staff works round the clock to make sure there are new plots to be assigned to each of our most difficult cases. Characters will be expected to complete the adventure without certain complications, generally things brought about by their condition. This method has proven very effective in adventuring characters.

Ability Manipulation - Some characters just have far too much (or too little) power for their own good. The Ability Manipulator is a machine that can power up and down any character that is placed within its walls. Because this manipulator is placed directly in the Fourth Wall, it can even manipulate the powers of supernatural characters such as gods, demons, and angels.

Personality Inhibitors/Conductors - The food at Sunny Brooks is cooked with special ingredients (which are super secret) in order to help balance your character's personality. Their meals are cooked individually in order to ensure that each character gets the proper mix of inhibitors/conductors for their personal Sue problems.

Journals - Characters find out a lot about themselves through character introspection, and can also be monitored on their growth and development through these journals (to be turned in for study once a week). Sues will be expected to write one page or more per day detailing the events of that day as well as what they have learned from them.

Rounding Exercises - Sue characters will be expected to learn new skills through what Sunny Brooks likes to call rounding exercises. Sues will be taught to cook, clean, and several other skills they may lack depending on their Sue background.

Socialization - In their free time, Sues will be expected to socialize with one another, rather than keeping to themselves. As with the principle of trope repetition, they are expected to learn what kind of traits make them Sues. Characters are expected to spend their recreation times with one another, rather than in their rooms.

On-Site Psychologists - For all of our Mad Marys and Martys, an on-site psychologist/psychiatrist is provided in order to get out any existential angst, childhood trauma, or other incidents/problems that may be holding them back from their full potential as a well developed character.

The Rules

• Please do not post characters with the intention of actually reforming them. This is an RP for fun, directed at Lit and Semi-lit RPers.
  • Character profiles for patients ought to be as Mary Sue as possible. As such, contrary to my general rules, I am allowing pictures to be posted (assuming they are linked).
  • Just because this RP is made for Mary Sues doesn't mean anyone is getting in. If you intend to post (or do your dialogue, as one individual has already discussed with me) in a new-player fashion, I would like an example of your ability so that I know it will improve.
  • Remember that the Sunny Brooks staff can kick your butt if you start any real trouble. And as the GM, so can I.
  • Do not God Mod in my RP, I take no prisoners. Controlling other characters, auto hitting, ignoring wounds you may have, and being unstoppable are all things that are considered God Modding. This is a for-fun RP, and I would rather that didn't come up.
  • Aside from those who PM me or get in contact with me some other way about doing things otherwise, posts are expected to be in decent grammar and at least a paragraph long.
  • Please don't post until you have been approved. My standards for this RP are not nearly as impossible as usual.
  • If you have read these rules, please add "Hello, Sunny Brooks!" to the bottom of your post.
  • If you are going to be gone for a while, please let me know. With warning, your character will be sent on holiday. After one week without warning, your character will be NPCed or given away.
  • If you are leaving the role play, please let me know that as well.

Applications

Staff Application

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race/Species:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Abilities:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Why You Are No Longer A Sue:[/b]
[b]Other Important Info:[/b]

Patient Application

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race/Species:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Abilities:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Your Sue Problem:[/b]
[b]Other Important Info:[/b]

Characters

NPCs (also known as characters of mine who are going to run amok. This list will grow)

Marco Giovanni Vivace - Owner of Sunny Brooks Mary Sue Rehab Center, Marco is a former Sue himself. His concept alone is enough to send a lit RPer running for the hills—he is an Italian vampire with powerful psychic abilities, and also the head of the Vivace syndicate, an almost mafia-like prescription drug distributor. Though much of his concept remains the same, he has been given an interesting personality to match, and is one of those rare examples of a Sue pulled off well.

Zangyaku - Sunny Brook's Head of Staff, this character was, unfortunately, one that was not able to be salvaged for the common RPing world. A white-furred semi-anthromorphic ninetailed kitsune, she would make any RPer, lit or semi lit, twitch violently. However, despite the fluffy ears and tail, her personality after development is less like a wide eyed fox and more like a the vicious demon that she is.

She's very pleasant. We promise. (Not).

Lucifer Cambridge - Luci was probably the least Sue character of the three so far listed. His personality began a little rocky, but now he's fairly well developed. The replacement for the angel of Light and Inspiration (indeed named after Lucifer, whom his Catholic mother greatly respected), Luci spends most of his time sparkling at people and being very gay. Also, very happy. He is the head hospitality at Sunny Brooks, and often visits patients who seem to be a little down.

Staff Members

Lyra Ashwood - Shining Angel
Michael Cohen - thediscofairy
Ami Morrisson - thediscofairy

Mary Sues/Gary Stus

Raven Moira'sandre Twila Beau - Sinful Secrecy
Olivia Mia Rachelle Jones - sdlangel
Prince Darrius Ath'an'miere - Shining Angel
Jack - Kroenan
Jonathan Morgan - thediscofairy

Mad Marys/Martys

IC thread: sunny-brooks-mary-sue-rehabilitation-center-t25736.html

Have fun, and Sunny Brooks hopes to see loads of new staff members and patients!
Last edited by Omega_Pancake on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:48 am, edited 7 times in total.

See a word in my writing that you don't understand? Can't find the definition anywhere? I'm probably sponsoring it. Did you know that much of the communication we use today consists of only about seven thousand words? These poor dears have been removed from the dictionary--but you can help bring them back!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Hello, SunnyBrooks! I'm not completely sure what a Mary Sue is, but I've a fair idea...

(It's basically a character with too much power, etc?)

Name:Ria Strongheart
Race/Species: Elf
Abilities: Ability to change peoples emotions completely, can create explosions.
Background:Stuck in the corner of my imagination ( which is HUGE!), Ria never really had time to develop, except in the corner which I use for story writing. She was taking up too much space there, wich explained my writers block, until this roleplay was set up. She then slowly became tamed by Normal Ria as I developed her. So as I reached for the paitent form, I decided she would make better staff. So I shoved it away, and filled out the staff form. And this is what resulted.
Why You Are No Longer A Sue: She was tamed by normal Ria as I developed her. She is still ever so slightly a Sue.
Other Important Info: None.Zero. Zilch. Nothing. A bubble of air. I think I've made my point, right? Good, because I've ran out of words.
Last edited by partially-stars on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

@iCat: Thank you for your application, but I would appreciate it if you extended the information on your character a bit so that we had some information on her. Thank you, and I hope to have you on board!

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Name: Raven Moira'sandre Twila Beau
Nickname: Shadow Hunter
Race/Species: Fallen Angel
Appearance: Raven has fair hair in contrast to her name, and deep purple eyes that give across an inexplicable air of sorrow and mourning when she gazes at you. She is very beautiful, and has glossy hair that she keeps under control with a flower clip (that seemingly was only intended as decoration, but remove it and her hair goes into a mess). She wears gothic clothing, with long dresses and black fingernails that are incredibly annoying when she tries to play her violin but she keeps them anyway. Her wings are jet black. PIC: http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/230442/anime-with-violin-girl.jpg (wait, have I seen that pic before? :O )
Abilities: Angelic Healing, brilliant singer/violinist, good hand to hand fighter
Background: Raven is the daughter of a noble angel family, who taught her to be polite and calm at all times, which unfortuantely seemed not to rub off on her, as she caused a fuss when assigned to the military and was promptly exiled down to Earth, her parents snubbing her. She is an amazing singer and violinist, and used that as well as her appearance to make money in the turmoil of life on Earth - besides her own music she likes gothic rock bands. Eventually she turned to working as a fighter, using her angelic powers to earn money as a mercenary and earning the title of Shadow Hunter. That was when she gained a mysterious feeling of wrongness, and knew, without knowing how she knew, that she had to fly west - and eventually came across Sunny Brooks, where she was welcomed with open arms.
Your Sue Problem: She's a fallen angel, called Raven, with a dangerous nickname that includes the word hunter, was raised by nobility then exiled and abandoned, is a brilliant singer, has wings... need I go on?

Hello Sunny Brooks!
Last edited by Sinful Secrecy on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinful Secrecy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Adventures of Mary Sue Elvenhand and Mad Marty Stu: A Satire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sdlangel on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Name: Olivia Mia Rachelle Jones
Nicknames: Via, Mia, Chelle, Bubble
Race/Species:

The race, known as the Dreamers (immortals), have been around for a long time and are well atuned to blending in. The race is mainly one of legend, and the true name is unknown. Olivia, however, is the current Princess of the Dreamers, despite not knowing the exact location of many others. Royalty is known by specific other gifts that only the Royalty of the race can possess.

Looks: Olivia has long flowing blonde hair, bright blue eyes and beautiful features which are more defined as cute. Her body is in a perfect hour glass figure with curves in the right places. She is slim but not overly so. Her clothes vary to match the time she is in.

Abilities:

The Dreamers have a unique gift to send dreams or daydreams into anyones mind. Most of which, depending on how strong you are, can be extremely vivid. At Olivia's power level, as a Princess, her powers are above normal anyway. She can send dreams or day dreams to anyone such that they truly believe they are there and living it. The experience is so real that it isn't just the ability to hear and see that they have within the dream, they can feel, taste and smell everything too.

As a Royal Princess, Olivia has a few extra gifts. The ability to heal, the ability to read minds and the ability to control peoples emotions. However, for emotions, the emotion has to be there in the first place for her to be able to control it.

Background:

When she was a little girl, the Dreamers were such that the race were united and the Royal family knew where each dreamer was. The Palace was hidden away from the site of the mortals, and this is where Olivia grew up, where she was very much sheltered from reality. As she grew and developed, Olivia began to learn to control the unique abilities of her people, as well as what was expected of a Princess socially. She began to learn how to defend herself from attack by learning Martial Arts and by using weapons.

When she touched her 50th Birthday, Olivia met her cousins for the first time. At this time, Olivia's body was very much like one of a 16 year old girl. Both males, one over 500 years old at the time, the other a mere 300, were a handsome couple, one the typical tall dark and handsome, the other blonde, blue eyed and cute. By this time their bodies had stopped aging, the elder looked like one in his early twenties, while the younger looked like one in his late teens. Olivia could admit to herself that both were handsome.

At the large dinner table, the young Princess got the shock of her life when all of a sudden she was thrown into a day dream involving both of the two males. The visions carried on and off for the whole evening, getting more and more intimate, effecting Olivia quite a lot. For it was considered extremely rude among their race to use these powers against one of your own kind, let alone Royalty. However, that night, the three cousins spent it together, the dark deed done. Only to get found out. The three cousins were banished from the house of Royalty. They spent two hundred years together, until through the grape vine they found out that the house of Royalty had been attacked a couple of years ago, it was now in ruins, and when they returned, they saw it was true. For the past 50 years Olivia has been travelling with her two cousins, never meeting another dreamer, they fear they are the last.

Your Sue Problem: Besides the whole Incest thing, Olivia's main problem is her personality, despite the Royal family being completely gone, Olivia still takes it upon herself to act like she owns the entire world. Expecting people to immediately do what she says. Although she is a nice enough person, this is her main fault, having been brought up with people catering for her every whim, even when banished the three cousins had enough money to buy a large house full of staff. As such, this has never fully gotten out of her system.

Other Important Info: Not that I can think of at the moment.

HELLOO SUNNY BROOKS!!!

sdlangel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Haha, most definitely approved, Sin! ^.^ Poor girl, she is going to have to go through a rigorous regimen here at Sunny Brooks! However, I'm wondering if you read over the rules completely (just take another glance over them, you'll see what I'm talking about).

Angel, approved as well! I'm sure that she will have a very interesting time here at Sunny Brooks, seeing as her abilities are very similar to that of the owners. Yes, yes, this should be fun for her. :D

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Hello Sunny Brooks!

Name: Lyra Ashwood (used to be Blossom Lilyheart)
Age: 111, (appears 21, but that's natural for elves so the Sue inspectors let it slide)
Race/Species: Elven
Appearance: Lyra has dark brown hair that flows to her shoulders, she spends an hour every morning making it just so much to the amusement of those Sues and Stus like Darrius, whose hair remains perfect no matter what they do to it. Her figure is slim, but since she began to eat huge meals, she is no longer anorexic in appearance. She wears whatever she can find in her wardrobe, as single outfits are for Sues, and has green eyes.
Abilities: Excellent with a bow (you can't unlearn), good with animals (until she steps on them)
Background: Blossom Lilyheart was an elven ranger who took pride in her tracking, marksmanship and animal skills. She found her way to Sunny Brooks after being recommended by a friend (who had an abnormally large hammer) to pay a visit. Since then she has realised that animals aren't friends, they are either food or pests, that people don't always deserve kindness, and you get further in life being a bitch than a pleasant singalong sunshine character.
Why You Are No Longer A Sue: See above
Other Important Info: She treads on bunnies, have I mentioned that? She treads on CUTE. WICKLE. BUNNIES.

Name: Prince Darrius Ath'an'miere
Race/Species: Vampire :3
Appearance: Darrius has mid-length black hair that falls to just above his collar, that seems always to retain a spiky style, even when he wears his striking hat over top for long periods. His ears are pointed and his skin pale, his eyes red and sharp, piercing and intelligent. His features are almost hawklike, giving him a refined air. He appears boyish and young, but handsome in a cute way because of it and is quite short, contributing to the boyish appearance. He wears a long black coat that trails to his ankles, made from a soft material that is no longer available, as well as black velvet gloves a shirt and trousers, all in black but with a white collar. He wears a crimson cloak that matches his eyes, as well as the afore mentioned stylish hat. http://api.ning.com/files/9CULN*joP7P5aBWUqgNzOVj9GsPazYMkvOnb*db7rN1Skp3Pk8m4OdGajnPDBr12yGaiwrgriQ7L-sNnDZfd0kk2yvHzf3P4/AnimeVampire.jpg
Abilities: Darrius can control dark energy, and blast people with darkness, in a dark way, darkly. DARK. Oh,and he can make portals. DARK portals. Of DARKNESS.
Background: Darrius is a prince of his people, exiled for being too nice to his victims because everyone else was cruel and heartless. He stole away from the palace under cover of night, taking a large amount of money with him through the dark portal he created to escape. Through events that shall remain untold (though they involved many lies, secrets, prosti... friends and enemies, as well as several quite fun car chases. Dark car chases) he wound up at Sunny Brooks, and promptly decided to set up shop here, hoping to get a new life, so he could stand out from the crowd of exiled vampire princess. For there were a lot of them, he had discovered.
Your Sue Problem: Speech impediment
Other Important Info: DARKNESS.
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Accepted, Shining Angel! But be warned, someone might come along and inconspicuously snatch that hat away from Darrius. Ms. Head Of Staff is just mean enough that she might do it, too! Possibly with acid.

Not sure how yet, but she will.

After a handful more applications, we'll get started. I have to get an idea for the IC yet. <.< I am a bad RP-Starter-Person, I know. But it won't take me long, I promise! Okay, green! :D

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kroenan on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Name: Jack

Codename: Black thunder

Race/Species: Human

Appearance:http://images.wikia.com/metalgear/images/b/b3/Super_Smash_Solid_Snake.jpg

Abilities: While Jack has no magical abilities, he an olympic class athlete, he is also a master in all languages, survival skills and weapons having been trained by a highly secret band of ninjas as a child. Jack is also the greatest practicioner of Martial arts and Ninjitsu ever able to perform moves like the Five point palm exploding heart technique and almost become invisible in shadow.

Background: An American orphan born in Japan, Jack was discovered to have unnatural sneaking and fighting abilities and at the age of 13 was able to track down and kill his parents murderers (An evil Yakuza clan that Jack's family had wronged) after news of the Clan leaders death spread, Jack was
discovered and trained by the Blood Hurricane ninja clan, the most secret and powerful ninja clan in history, it is here that Jack learned his skills and abilities, quickly becoming their greatest ever student and leaving the Clan at the age of 16 where he travelled to America to join the secret service. After passing the initiation test with flying colours Jack was immediately sent to a splinter group of the CIA who performed super secret assassination and information gathering missions for the good of the world. Eventually though Jack discovered he had been betrayed, left for dead on the most important mission ever. Schematics for a giant robot capable of creating portals that Nukes can be launched through. After destroying the plans Jack returned and proceeded to kill everyone in the CIA building and blowing it up with a Nuke he "Borrowed" from the Russians, causing World War 3. Afterwards he ran from the authorities as a Merc blowing up any other versions of the Giant robot, usually with a stinger missile launcher ((Who gets THAT reference :D )) After his character was captured he was commited to Sunny Brooks.

Your Sue Problem: Black Thunder sees everyone as an enemy and has only remained in Sunny Brook because of a promise he made to a long dead friend after intense counseling Jack has made very little progress, he can be found training most of the time (Did I mention he was the greatest Bodybuilder in the world?) that's about it Jack can't loosen up and never opens up, his past is a mystery except to himself.

Other Important Information: Jack is also a genetically enhanced Cyborg and superior to everyone in every way but even he doesn't know that, he is also a chain smoker mostly cigars.

"HELLO SUNNY BROOKS"

Kroenan
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Okie dokie, Kroe, you're good to go!

For anyone who might still be interested in this RP, sign ups ARE still open and I haven't started the IC yet. I intend to do that some time this afternoon, when I am not bombarded by small children and strange family members with weird nicknames. I hope to see some more people sign up! In the mean time, I am going to go edit all the approved characters into the opening post! ^.^

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Name: Ami Bridget Morrison

Appearance: Average height, pretty cute though nothing unusual, red hair (dyed- it was blonde. It's obviously a dyed color), blue eyes, and tan skin. Hair is often curly or straight, depending on whether or not she bothered straightening it that morning.

Abilities: She has the power of being impossibly chipper and a morning person. Angtsy/emo Sues do not stand a chance when dealing with her. Well, either that or they become homicidal. You know, whichever.
Background: Oh, sweet Jesus. Guys, I want you to know that the information I'm about to share with you is completely nonfictional. Ami was my first character. Almost four years ago. I was twelve, guys. Be gentle.

Ms. Ami Morrison began life as Uzumaki Amaterasu (no kidding) and was a Naruto fan-character. She was (and still is) an identical twin separated at birth and also, hey, did I mention, Naruto's sister. She and her sister were both Kitsune, and also there was angst. So much angst. Anyway, one day she meets her sister, words were had with several people, they realize that they're twins and yay. Whatevs. Kita (sister) dragged along with her two boys, her notaboyfriend Hiru and Fiza the orange-juice guzzling, tears-of-blood crying emo love interest.

I believe you get the picture. There was much angst to be had. (Btw, in case you guys wanted to know, not only was the twin/Kitsune thing not my idea, both Kita and Fiza were Omega_Pancake's characters. Oh, yes.)

Anyway, as I became more mature as a roleplayer and person Ami was an idea lost to progress. I kind of missed her sometimes manic personality, however (flipping between angry and emo to scary hyper), and she was dug out of the depths. Here we meet Ami Morrison, who lived with her father in California. Her sister Kita lived with their mother. (Their parents got divorced when they were in their early teens and each twin went with one of them). The girls would alternate visiting over the summer and during holidays. Kita's aforementioned notaboyfriend became Levi, who was still not her boyfriend. Ask her, she'll tell you.

She got a job as God's secretary after an unfortunate run-in with a logging truck and Levi's poor driving, and thus we get to the character I know and love today.

Ami dropped the angsty and carried on being a chipper little ball of sunshine, always ready to give advice and to be annoying. She's a little ditzy and also a natural blonde, but we forgive her.

Why You Are No Longer A Sue: Please see above.

Other Important Info: Due to their bubbly and obnoxiously happy personalities, Ami and Lucifer are often seen working together to bring more depressed Sues out of their shells. She also works as the receptionist.

Name: Michael Ari Cohen
Race/Species: Angel
Appearance: Average build, curly brown hair and brown eyes, average attractiveness
Abilities: Michael essentially can beat people up if need be. He's not really a violent person, but due to his nature as a security worker in Sunny Brooks, occasionally it is necessary.
Background: Michael is Jewish (though he's not very good at it) and is actually plain as white bread with butter. He just wants to work on the security staff, if that's alright. He is dead (and gay) and currently holds the position of being a holy angel of valiance, though, whatever that means.
Why You Are No Longer A Sue: Michael never really was a Sue, but he hopes the few tallies against him counts enough to count him as reformed.
Other Important Info: He's gay. For Lucifer. (The name thing was not intentional, btw)

He's also applying for security! Weee, security.

Name: Jonathan "Skeeter" Alan Morgan

Age: Old. 8D He looks around 15, though. (He aged to his late teens/early twenties, but due to being short, his age is often mistaken)

Race/Species: Vampire, lol

Appearance: Jonathan is pretty average in looks, with sandy hair and hazel eyes. He's not unattractive, per se, but he doesn't have girls tripping over him, either. He's also very short for an American male teenage-thing, hitting around 5'5".

Abilities: Nothing in particular, really. He's just kind of there.

Background: Jonathan was thirteen when he was turned. He had been walking to the neighborhood convenience store when he was attacked. Blahblahblah, he came out from the ordeal a vampy. In this particular universe the virus that takes on vampiric qualities allows the host to age to adulthood before shutting off the aging processes. Marco Vivace supplied clinics where he could, giving vampires a place they could feed without, you know, killing or turning more people. They have donated blood and everything.

One night Marco was really bored and went down to one of the neighboring clinics where he met Jonathan. He decided he was going to bug him and eventually they became friends of an odd sort.

Your Sue Problem: Though Jonathan was never, as a character/personality, a Sue, his backstory is kind of...well, you can see it. He was never angsty at all, and in fact, his Sue-ness was so well hidden that I didn't notice until today that he's rather, uhm, I don't know.

Mainly he's a vampire whose last name is Morgan along with accidentally befriending a mob boss.

Other Important Info: Jonathan is nearly out of Sunny Brooks, just finishing up the last few weeks of the program. He has managed to balance himself out enough that it's very hard to tell upon first glance that's he was ever a Sue.

"Hello, Sunny Brooks!"
I was distracted by the man in pajamas!

Icon by iconziconz

thediscofairy
Member for 15 years

TDF, approved and ready to go, and feel free to find a place for Aerin at any point and time. You know Sunny Brooks would welcome her with open arms. Perhaps as a psychologist of some sort, though giving her access to the medication would probably be a bad idea.

Kitchen staff? Wouldn't that be lovely? You go down to dinner to find a kitten in your enchilada, yes, and you wonder, why me, why did the crazy lady cook my food?

Getting to work on the IC now!

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Name: Aerin Hatfield

Age: Unknown. She looks to be in mid-20's, ish, but she won't tell anyone her age and it's obvious she's older than that.

Race/Species: Human incubus (for more information I can send you to a thread you don't care about to read a 3000 word+ post, but only if you really care)

Appearance: Aerin is a little shorter than average in height and average in build, with acid green eyes and a pallor that can only be attributed to living in a cave her entire life. Her hair is an almost sickly orange and shoulder-length, often twisting into lose curls. Though not ugly or unattractive, per se, Aerin has what you might call a unique face, linked most likely to her pointy, bird-like bone structure.

Abilities: She can cook! Whatever she cooks is usually horribly disgusting at first glance, but if you're being forced to eat it you'll be pleasantly surprised at how scrumptious it is.

Cat lovers, beware.

Background: Aerin came to Sunny Brooks to be treated as a Mad Mary. Unfortunately, it was much more likely she was just crazy. After completing her run at the center it was noticed by the few members of the staff who dared to eat her cooking that she was actually kind of decent at it.

With that, Sunny Brook's head cook was born, giving her complete access to all the pointy knives and heated object in the facility.

Marco keeps an eye on her.

Why You Are No Longer A Sue: See above! Aerin was never really a Sue to begin with, but she's still crazy! Yaaaay crazy!

Other Important Info: Aerin has a personality similar to Ami's- that is, bright, bubbly and friendly.

She also eats kittens and is an exciting kind of crazy that's sure to spice up your life!

(If you receive a fruit basket from her I suggest you don't eat it; the fruit is most likely wax)

thediscofairy
Member for 15 years

Aerin is approved, and Sunny Brooks has a scary cook! And in case no one else noticed, the IC is most certainly up. Get to posting, my dearest darlings! Bwahahahahahahaha!

Evil chuckle over.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Re: Adventures of Mary Sue Elvenhand and Mad Marty Stu(OOC/Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alias on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:16 am

I'm going to totally follow the IC because it sounds awesome xD

I'd join, but I fear that the interactions really will run amok with too many players. Maybe I'll write a short story in the same vein thought ^_^

Props for an epic RP idea!

Alias
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

^.^ Thank you for your generous compliments! I thought the idea would be pretty fun, a far cry from all the drama and serious much that old RPs get into. I was actually going to see how the thread went, and if it went well enough, I was considering starting a forum along the same lines. This is one of those things I think might be easier on a larger scale, you know? Simply because interactions being so close might get confusing, and spreading them out a bit could be handy.

Shall have to see what the group thinks about this, though...<.<

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Name: Molly Adrienne Morrison
Appearance: Molly stands at around 5' 5" and has an average build. She has thick brown hair that stops about half way down her back. Her eyes are a light grey towards the pupils and a darker grey towards the outer edge of the irises. Molly has a somewhat heart shaped face and high cheekbones. She also has a small mole under her left eye.
Abilities: Nope, she doesn't have any. Well, she really likes to talk. She can talk to a brick wall and make it talk back.
Background:Molly's past in a nutshell: Molly grew up in a familiarly normal home with a familiarly normal family. Until one day Daddy-dearest was caught cheating and Molly's parents then got a divorce. At the time of the divorce Molly was 13, what a perfect time in a child's life for her parents to split up. Oh the happy memories. -insert angsty teenage angst here-

The following year Molly started high school and meet D (see patient application below). Ever since then they've become inseparable.
Why You Are No Longer A Sue: When I first created Molly she was a FullMetal Alchemist OC and had so many flaws it makes my soul cry to this very day. But now she's been cleaned up and is a spiffy, shiny original character with her own story line and what not.
Other Important Info: Molly is applying for the position of an on-site psychologist.

Name: Dylan Michael Fletcher
Appearance: Dylan, more commonly known as D, is a ginger. A very tall ginger with a face FULL of freckles, in fact. He has dark brown eyes that, at times, look very black. He's good looking but awkward too, that's mainly because of his stature: very tall (6' 3"), very thin with a lot of freckles.
Abilities: Nope.
Background: D is a schizophrenic. For as long as he can remember he's been shadowed by this nameless person who looks exactly like him. His mother is in denial about her son's problem and thinks that her son has an overly active imagination.

Like Molly, D comes from a familiarly normal home. His mother is a 2nd grade teacher and his father is a salesman and is away from home constantly, which D is not very happy about.
Your Sue Problem: He's really underdeveloped as a character and his schizophrenia really isn't all that believable at times, he's really schizophrenic he's scared enough shrinks to prove it.
Other Important Info: D is a bit on the anti-social side but he tries to be social, it's just that sane people scare him

"Hello, Sunny Brooks!"

AbbeeNormyll
Member for 15 years

Name: Feng Yun

Age: Too Freaking Old (Somewhere in the neighborhood of 400,000 but that's normal so he can get away with it) visibly is around 10 (See Background)

Race/Species: Gryphon

Appearance: Feng's human form is a rather plain looking ten year old boy, who in our world would probably be classified as from Eastern Asia. His hair is a dark brown color, and it is braided back behind his head in a traditional fashion. His gryphon form is rather feline in appearance, looking mostly like a domestic housecat in size and general appearance. The head is that of a hawk or other predatory bird, and a pair of wings extend from the shoulder blades of his back.

Abilities: While none technically (and by technically, I mean abnormally), Feng possesses a couple of minor natural powers. He has the natural ability to shapeshift into his human and gryphon forms, as described above. His only other powers afforded to him are a near imperviousness to heat, due to the nature of his birth and rebirth (See Background)

Background: Due to Feng's impressive age, most of the details of his history will be glossed over. This is to keep both the reader's brain from wandering and from this author's fingers from falling off due to extreme novel writing for one freaking character. So, here we go.

I will begin with Feng's birth, for Gryphons' births on the world that Feng comes from are particularly spectacular. At the beginning of their life and approximately once every 1,000 years or so, gryphons are born in a fiery process that does not burn the flesh but does scorch all around them. At the beginning of their life, the mother goes through this process, but the final result is of two instead of one. This means that the birthing age comes around about once every 1,000 years to coincide with the typical rebirth. Feng, at his age, has just recently gone through one of these rebirths, putting him again in the body of a child. He possesses his typical mind and all of the years of learning he has come to have, but due to his body's chemistry, he can tend to act a bit like his physical age at times.

Of course, Feng has put many years behind him, lived through the happiness and tragedies that come of normal life. This includes the death of his dear wife, which pushed him to find a new place to live, due to the depression that being in his family home caused. Of course, he respected his wife's choice of not going through with the rebirth, but that didn't stop it from hurting. His children, having grown and moved out, gave their respects, but the child-parent relationship in gryphon society was far less connected than that of the husband and wife. Because of this depression, he moved into the Imperial City in the Viridiian Empire.

It was here that Feng again found happiness. Due to his expertise, he had been called upon to advise the young Emperor-to-be by the boy's father. Now, this had occurred long before Feng's most recent reincarnation, so Feng was at the time an elderly man. It was for this reason that he initially did not get along with the young Emperor, but in time they grew to respect one another. Feng found that Elan was not always such a hyper and bubbly person and that he had discipline when discipline was required. Likewise, Elan discovered that his advisor, who had quickly become his paperwork slave, was not always just about the rules and regulations. Feng did possess a sense of humor, as unlikely as it seemed to Elan at the time. And so it was helpful that Elan and Feng had developed such a relationship when Feng's next cycle came around. He returned to the physical appearance of a small child, though remained in the employment of the Empire.

Why You Are No Longer A Sue: Feng never really was a Sue/Stu, whatever you may call it. He had perhaps a few qualities worthy of Sue-dom, but there never really was anything over whelming. His personality, however, is very anti-sue, being the sort of positive experienced soul he is.

Other Important Info: Feng is available for any position recommended by the administration of the program here. Also, he likes kittens, they're a delicacy where he comes from. His favorite color is a dark green, a foresty looking color, and he never wears shoes or socks. HAPPY TO MEET YOU!

"HELLO, SUNNY BROOKS!"
OBJECTION! Your mother is cherry-flavoured.

Frostfire14
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Can you please post the IC address??

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

So, as listed in other posts, and I'm getting kind of lazy the third time around, I'm limited to use of the computer basically on the weekends cause my folks are something akin to nuts. I'll see you all then, good day.

Frostfire14
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!