Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Care to Dance? 1780s Paris [OOC & Discussion.]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Care to Dance? 1780s Paris [OOC & Discussion.]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArienneCosette on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:39 am

I hadn't planned on doing this, but I haven't quite gotten enough traffic in the RP that I started last night. It's very good in my opinion, and I'd really like to keep it going. So, I'm doing sign-ups. I'd like about 6 or 7 more people, aside from the 3 that have already posted. The setting is completely described in the actual thread, but I'll give you a brief summary to get your interest.

The year is 1780, and The King and Queen of France are holding one of their famous balls at the Palais-Royale. The ballroom is filled with young women and men, aristocrats, nobility, and courtesans, with powdered wigs atop their heads, corsets, billowing gowns, fans in their hands, men in frock coats and stockings. In the midst of the fun, a hunter, a vampire, walks and dances among them, along with several other of her kind.

Character list:

Fellow vampires [only a few though] - FULL!
Young noblemen and women. FULL!
Courtesans. FULL
Marie Antoinette. - TAKEN
King Louis XVI - TAKEN

Please post:

Character Name:
Character species:
Character Age:
Character description of personality, and looks:
Photo [if applicable]:

This is not a romance, though some may occur. I just ask that you are grammatically and phonetically correct in your postings and are as descriptive as possible. This is not Twilighty fangirl stuff either, sorry if that offends you. I am going for more of an Anne Rice/Jemiah Jefferson feel.

The point of this RP is vampires living among mortals, without them knowing. If you're going to kill, 1. make sure it is okay with the person first, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do it outside of the ball! There are plenty of rooms within the palace where no one will find them until morning! ;) or somewhere on the grounds!

Link to story:

care-dance-t26150.html

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy. =)
Last edited by ArienneCosette on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
beeh.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Would you like the three of us who posted on the IC before the OOC to post sheets on here?
noot noot

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

No, don't worry about it., unless you want to post a profile of your character.

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years

I'll post a sheet for my character :D

Character Name: Anastasie Badeau
Character species: Human
Character Age: Mid to late twenties
Character description of personality, and looks: Anastasie has the personality and appearance that every man and woman want to find in someone, which is why she excels at her "job" as a courtesan. Anastasie's personality is fun and outgoing, which comes in handy sometimes when hiding her ulterior motives. Her clothing style matches the wealthy in expense and appeal, her greatest asset, her blessed chest, always snug in a tight corset, making her waist appear slimmer than it actually is. Anastaie's almond shaped eyes are green in color with golden specks throughout. At galas she's often found wearing a pale powered wig, but her natural hair color is deep red.
Photo: N/A, I hope to find one soon though.
Dead...
>> Salone Tarlton in New York University; Realistic/Modern College
>> Zoe Jane O'Neil in Archstone; Realistic/Modern "Friends" Theme
>> Anastasie Badeau & André Laroque in Care to Dance; Non-Twilight Vampire
>> Maeryn Burke in Hamilton Academy; Realistic/Modern Boarding School
>> Acelynn Tantler in La Guerre d'Amour; OnexOne

justmannieee
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Do you still need someone for the part of Marie Antoinette?

xGoodxGirlxGonexBadx
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Hey ladies, just wanted to say thanks for joining, I appreciate everyone's hard work! This is turning out amazing.
Though I love everyone incorporating their own extra characters, I'm not seeing a lot of interaction with each other. Now, I know it's early on, I just don't want to see anyone lose interest because no one is speaking to their character.

Also, RECRUIT! RECRUIT! RECRUIT! THIS IS A BALL, NOT A COFFEE SHOP!

<3 loves you all.

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years

Re: Care to Dance? In the time of Marie Antoinette [OOC sign up]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleb on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 pm

Is there still room for a vampire? :D
I'll post my character sheet as soon as I get your approval.

littleb
Member for 15 years

Yes, littleb, there is still room. Please post your character sheet and join in as soon as possible, but please reread the first post in this thread, because I had to make some changes, due to a problem I had with another player.

Enjoy! PM me if you have any questions or comments. <3.

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years

Ari, I'll play another character, if needed. Maybe a vampire?? :D

justmannieee
Member for 15 years

its whatever you wanna do. <3

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years

Hmm, vampire nobleman, perhaps? I'll try to get up a character sheet soon :D

justmannieee
Member for 15 years

<3 yay!

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years

Re: Care to Dance?[1780s Paris - STILL RECRUITING - NEED HUMANS]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleb on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Character Name; Nicolette Falteau
Character Species; Vampire
Character Age; 57 (appears 15)
Character Description; Nicolette was changed into a vampire when she was very young, only 15 to be exact. Her creator knew it was frowned upon to 'make' one so young, so he left soon after. This left Nicolette to learn how to fend for herself and how to deal win the guilt of taking ones life. Thus making her very headstrong, independent, and stubborn. She learned that of was easier to acquire a meal if she did her best to blend in with society. Lately, she has acquired a taste dr the blood of the upper-classand has begun to use her child-like appearance to get into galas. She stands short at only 4'11'' with a thin teenage body that has not yet finished "puberty". Her large blue-green eyes are the only things that reveal she maybe older than she appears. Her hair is blonde, yet she keeps it cropped short under her pale white wig. At galas she usually seen in a ruffled pink dress, complete with a too-tight corset to accentuate her almost non-existent curves.
Picture; Ill edit one in soon, Im still looking :3

littleb
Member for 15 years

I love it. Can't wait to read your post!

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years

I'd like to play a vampire as well, and I can also play a young noble woman. If possible, I would like to play a 10 year old.

Character Name: Cain Whitmore

Character species: Vampire

Character Age: 27 appearance. Actual: 101

Character description of personality, and looks: Cain has sapphire blue eyes and gorgeous Asian looks getting him lots of attention from the ladies. Long brown hair tied back with bangs. He stands 6'4, and has an average built body. He doesn't believe in wearing the white wig so he doesn't. Wearing expensive clothing, he is a noble man himself. Cain can be moody when he's hungry, but usually he's calm and collected. He's very protective of Mary.

Photo: Image

Character Name:Mary Whitmore

Character species:Human

Character Age:10

Character description of personality, and looks: Being a 10 year old girl, Mary is very active, and loves to play. Even though she is a child, she can tell right from wrong and is very strong willed for such a young age. Mary's world revolves around Cain and ends with Cain, believing he is a hero from saving her when she was 5. She has short curly brown hair that is hidden behind a small hat. She dressed in expensive dresses that are usually blue. She has green eyes.

Photo: None, hopefully one soon.

Any changes, let me know. :D
If the story is put down in individual characters, it becomes a short story, and if it's extremely short, it becomes song lyrics. - C.G
http://www.innercityelegance.com

SerenaMathews
Member for 15 years

:o i love it, very Godchild-esque. Welcome to the ball!

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years

sweet. IC forum yet? I'm excited to post. lol
And the Godchild is so it.

SerenaMathews
Member for 15 years

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years

YAY, more new members :D I see we have received a vamp nobleman, so maybe I'll just make another human. I work this morning and should get out fairly early, so I'll try to have him up by tonight.

~~EDIT~~ Okay, so I gave in and made a vampire nobleman....

Character Name: André Laroque
Character species: Vampire
Character Age: 42 (Appears 32)
Character description of personality, and looks: As a young boy, André keep to himself and generally stayed quiet. His biological parents were very hard working and held high hopes for their son. André had the best schooling they could afford and he became quite the businessman, although still reserved and quiet. Once he was turned into a vampire at the age of 32, he become very bold in his actions; He gained much more confidence in himself. It's quite rare for him to apologize or admit any wrong-doing, much different from him in childhood, as he now sees himself as always right. André is a very young vampire, turned only ten years ago, but thinks he knows everything there is about living out life as a vampire, although he's never been around many others. His "father" taught him the careful and smart ways to live amongst mortals, but André soon grew tired of him, and his boring ways, and moved to Paris. André was anxious to live an expensive lifestyle around the lavish Queen. He knows he'll fit right in with his audacious ways and cunning, good looks. He stands just under six feet tall, his medium brown hair always short, and his facial hair always scruffy. His long face is home to his sea-like, blue-green eyes which always seem to notice all the fine details in life. Only being ten in "vampire years," André's skin is lightly tanned and not shockingly cool to the touch, like most others of his kind. He knows he is handsome, and bathes in every woman's attention.
Photo:

*****I'm going on vacation this Saturday through next Sunday, August 16th. I should be able to hop on the internet every so often, but please forgive me if I'm slow to reply!

justmannieee
Member for 15 years

:O :O Is he related to Ari?!
That would be SO cool...
<3.

ArienneCosette
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!