Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Under the White Sheet (OOC/Sign-up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Under the White Sheet (OOC/Sign-up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:51 pm

I still have plenty of ideas for places, but I don't want to take away the chance from anyone to create something, so I will just name things and let anyone take over from there:

Fast Food Restaurant/Diner
5 Star Restaurant
A Dance Club
A Mall
General Store
Pizza Place
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CleverScreenNameHere on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Building Zone: Commercial
Building Shape: Rectangle
Building Location: C9
Brief Description of Purpose: It’s a five-star restaurant that specializes in Italian cuisine. There is also a bar that stores fine wine and bartenders that can make award-winning cocktails. They also have a to-go option where people can order their food. Most people tend to order their pizzas.
Requested Name: Lombardi’s (I’m not so good with names, so if you don’t like it, please feel free to change it.)

Building Shape: Square
Building Location: C10
Brief Description of Purpose: It’s a diner with a to-go option. If people are on the go, they can order a quick standard fast food well (burger, fries, and a drink). If they have more time on their hands, they can have a sit-down meal and pick from a menu with several different entrees.
Requested Name: Bobby’s Burgers (Once again, I’m horrible with names. Feel free to change it.)
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CleverScreenNameHere
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:17 pm

Name:
Erik Samuel Blackwater

Appearance:
Hair: Average boy length, messy bed head style, pitch black.
Eyes: Narrow, emerald green.
Face: Sharp, angular cheekbones and jaw line; pointed chin; normal ears; slightly pointed nose; thin eyebrows.
Skin: Chalk white.
Body: 6’3, lithe, skinny, long almost ‘gangly’ limbs.

Personality:
Erik is your typical rich, stuck-up Vampire; selfish, rude and always holding a high opinion of himself. He is a bit of a sadist; finding pleasure from other peoples' suffering and discomfort and when he gets into one of his 'happier' moods he tends to be quite sarcastic. Not only that but because of his background, upbringing and diligence to work, Erik is usually a very cold, anti-social and ruthless individual, believing most to be below him in terms of both strength and IQ. He hates large groups of people, mingling and rarely attends social gatherings unless it has some gain for him.

Courses:
Foreign Languages
Fine Art
Psychology
Ancient Literature
Black Arts

Requested Dormitory:
D3

Background:
Raised as an only child in a chateau since birth and surrounded by wealth in all meanings of the word, Erik grew up knowing he always got what he wanted, even if it meant getting off his backside and using violence as a way to get it. His father trained him to fight and to show no mercy but at the same time to remain calm and keep a cool, logical head on his shoulders even when the bloodlust set in and the thrill of the fight intoxicated his system. His mother forever told him he was one of the best and therefore deserved the best. However, he had to meet his parents halfway; if they provided him with the opportunities he needed, then he needed to put his head to the grindstone and work his socks off. Erik never found this difficult; he was intelligent and determined, as well as a little bit stubborn and always preformed every opportunity he was given to a near perfect standard.
Last edited by ReiRyuusei on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:09 pm

ReiRyuusei: Nice char, you're accepted. Though you chose dormitory D3 and that is also Yuina's dorm, so this means you two are roommates. Is that ok with you two?

Also in case you didn't notice, OniIgnasha, SilencexGolden offered to be your roommate.

CleverScreenNameHere: The building look fine, they are just food places, they don't need fantastic original names LOL.

...Though I did just remember we are vamps, so I don't know how much time we will be spending there LOL...But, that made me think of another place needed. Maybe a blood bank, a public one or one provided by the school. IDK, what do y'all think? Because I'm sure not all the vamps here, will be heartless murders...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:39 pm

The player Yuina and the character Reiko, doesn't mind having ReiRyuusei as her roommate. Everything is fine with me.

The idea of having a "blood bank" of some sort crossed my mind while thinking of a name for the Karaoke bar and Billiard Hall. I agree that not all vampires registered are cold-hearted killers. Reiko is one of them passive ones.

Since the school itself caters to the higher breed, it would be wise to have that "blood bank" thingy under their control. Perhaps an establishment that doesn't look rather suspicious like a pharmacy that provides an alternative supplement for every vampire's "bloody needs" :) This is just my idea though.

As for that Karaoke Bar, I came up with the names "Siren" / "Siren's Clove" If it doesn't hit the spot, I will try to come up with a better name.

For that Billiards Hall, I came up with "Six Sides" for a name. Likewise, if the name utterly destroys any sense of "good naming" please do tell and I will happily think of other suitable names.
Last edited by Yuina on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An age is called dark not because the light fails to shine, but because the people refuse to see it.

Interested in a Vampire/Vampire Hunter RP? Check mine out.
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/bloodlines-ooc-updated-recruiting-t27012.html

Yuina
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:43 pm

CleverScreenNameHere wrote:- Advanced Mathematics Level 3 (Calculus?)

I was wondering about that too...
I'd think, since calc is the first math AP you take in high school (or, at least, at my high school), that'd just be called Calculus. Since they have such generic names, I'd guess they encompass statistics, calculus, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, complex variables, numerical analysis, etc., all conglomerated into three courses, taken in sequence unless you pass some sort of let-me-skip-this-class test. Am I even in the ballpark here, or am I all wet?

Building Zone: City
Building Shape: Rectangular
Building Location: City 1
Brief Description of Purpose: It's a hospital. You know, where sick people go... and where they keep blood.
Requested Name: Saint Vivian's Hospital (colloquially referred to as "Saint Vivi's")

Building Shape: Sort of L-shaped
Building Location: C10
Brief Description of Purpose: It's a tiny little store that sells really old stuff. Not necessarily antiques, and not necessarily stuff that's in the best of shape, but most everything in the store is over thirty years old, at least. Books, some furniture, kinck-knacks, tchochkes, and other such junk that piles up in the houses of old people. There is a small garden in the corner the building makes. Cats are often seen walking around and inside the store.
Requested Name: Ivanova's

Can I put a structure of some sort in the undeveloped part? And where would I put a religion-oriented building?

And, just out of curiosity... there is an onsen (even though this France), so I'm assuming vampires don't melt in water? And can vampires eat normal food? I assume they don't have to eat, but is it a possibility?
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:45 pm

Erik would be cool with having a roommate, especially if they're the quiet type like Reiko. Erik just wanted the most spacious looking dorm anyway :3 He was prepared to share... But that doesn't mean he'd be too nice to a loud and annoying kind of character. But fourtunately Reiko isn't like that so... There shouldn't be any bloodbaths.

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OniIgnasha on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:46 pm

No I didn't notice that. I am up for her being roomed with my character
"When you wish upon a star... I will kill you, near or far..."
-Richard

(01:10:26) [NPC] Bartender: Esari rolls 3d6 and gets 6,6,6.

OniIgnasha
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Shouldn't we have a library in town of some kind?

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:53 pm

Okay, so...down the list of questions.

@All: Your buildings all seem fine, however, I am at my mother's this weekend so map updating will have to be done once I return to my father's sunday afternoon. I can still post, I would just prefer to keep the map saved on a single computer.

@DCL: Yes. The advanced mathematics classes study from a wide range of math at once, by the time you complete all three classes you are eligible to recieve up to 7 math credits for taking Calculus A, Calculus B, Statistics, Further Math, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, and Numerica Analysis. Or that was what I was thinking when I proposed the system.

Further into DCL's post, he asked if vampires melt in water. No, they do not. Their bodies in this RP will only be vulnerable to the UV Rays from the sun, to the point where they experience intense physical pain from it and will slowly burn to death if left out in the sun for too long. Also, about food, vampires will still have to digest food to sustain themselves, just at a much slower rate than humans. For the sake of this RP, we will say one meal a day.

That sound good to everyone? Fly included? We didn't touch on this subject much over our conversations.

To answer the last question, if you look on the map on the lower-middle left there is the S.C.U. Library. Already made :)
- http://www.roleplaygateway.com/under-the-white-sheet-ooc-sign-t26650.html -
Under The White Sheet - Vampire RP - We need serious, long posting, RPers! Join now!

Echo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:22 pm

Yuina: JW, where does six sides come from, not that its a bad name, JW...

DCLXVI: About the hospital, it is fine, but I like the idea of school providing the blood...unless the school and the hospital are in cahoots...Because otherwise it would be calling too much attention, with constant blood stealing.

And I checked, The French Alps do have hot springs, so I thought I would make some conveniently located in Mandrake Falls and it only made sense to use the Japanese name for them...

And I never understood how water could hurt anything, unless its holy water, except for the obvious too hot or too cold or drowning...

And, Echo, you never answered his question on the undeveloped plots and other places...Otherwise, all is good...But I think we could deeper into OUR vamps limitations...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:32 pm

Well, even if the school does provide blood, we still need a hospital...
What I had in mind was that the hospital was just where donated blood was kept, and that the school could buy the blood from them or something nice and legit like that. That is, if it's legit...

In re: Onsen: I was just remarking that "hey, it's France, why not have some nice Japanese cultural stuff?" sounds a bit like a direct anime pull. I'm not arguing against it, I just thought it was kind of out of place. Although, with the mixing of cultures here in the 21st century, it's not so strange.

I have a question about the people who are actually old geezers who look like college kids. What are they doing in college? And there are some characters in here who are 18... aren't you a high school senior when you're 18? Or am I being nitpicky?

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 pm

The younger ones could just be about to turn 19. I was 18 when I was to start college.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:52 pm

Six Sides. I came up with that name simply after thinking about how many pockets does a billiard table had? yep the answer was Six. LOL is it worth it? or should I think of another name?

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 pm

DCLXVI: Same reason why old geezers in real life go to college...LMAO...to better themselves...Vamps can't have goals in life????

I was just keeping in with the whole snow theme, because I'm sure in a cold place like that a place like a Onsen would cash in...

Yuina: And no, it's a good name, but now it's a great name, since I get it!!! LOL

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:04 pm

It's good to know that you liked the name. =P just do tell if i can still be of help about other things. I would gladly lend my assistance.

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xGoodxGirlxGonexBadx on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:34 pm

Name:Wilhelmina "Mina" Renee Simms
Personality: Mina is a bit of a bitch when she wants to be. She is extremely sarcastic and has a cynical sense of humor most of the time. She is extremely loyal to her friends. She is very playful and a bit on the flirty side. She is extremely bubbly from time to time. People find it weird since she can be extremely mean when she tries to be.
Courses: (Throw in something borderline shady or just pick from the list-meaning you can add any course even if it's not listed. 5 courses will do.)
- Music
- Ancient Literature
- Astronomy
- Beginner's Acting
- Foreign Languages
Requested Dormitory:D1
Background: Mina was raised in Manhattan by her father. Her mother was killed giving birth to her. Mina was an extremely bright child but there was only one problem. She was extremely wild and loved to run free. She tried her best to be the little angel her father wished she was. She grew up with many friends and plenty of them were boys. . She always had a new admirer it seemed. One of them she had no idea existed. That was how she was turned into an immortal and she sometimes hates what she is but she lives with it.

xGoodxGirlxGonexBadx
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:04 am

xGoodxGirlxGonexBadx: Good char, you are accpeted!

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:38 am

Building Shape: Rectangle
Building Location: C3
Brief Description of Purpose: 2 storey Dance club for both races: Human's second floor Vampires First, both races sometimes mix but that is a rarity
Requested Name: Midnight Hour.
Image Thanks Mainee! ~ xox.
Please add your name to my list of people for my newest experiment: A Vampire's Masquerade (Interest Check)

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:07 pm

Silence, that would not work for a simple reason...the humans don't know the vampires ARE vampires. I'm sorry, the idea would be good if they were aware, but we designed this RP to prove that they are not. Also, the college is the only reason vampires are there, so it is highly unlikely that even if they were to have a vampire establishment, there would already be one the first year the college was open.

Echo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!