Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Cradle of the Goddesses: The Rise (OOC/Sign Ups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Cradle of the Goddesses: The Rise (OOC/Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:22 pm

When Our World Was Young

Long ago, when our world was young and the moons but a phantom shimmer against the surface of our domain, peace was not so hard to come by. Balance held us gently in its arms, whispering, silent but acknowledged, of greatness to come. It blessed us with the gift of knowledge, and for that gift, we learned. For that gift, we grew, and as we grew, our songs danced beneath the surface of our unseen world, haunting but soothing to those who heard our voices. We were the guarded and the guardians, the children and the teachers, and in those days, we knew no turmoil but the subtle rocking of the world around us.

But such things cannot last.

Balance wanted to be what we had become. It was envious of its own creations, it wanted to be like them. It wanted individuality. Constrained by the pull of its own nature, however, it was forced to become two beings, rather than one. These two beings were known as Calyen and Shira, and though they conflicted with one another, each tended to the precious treasure that Balance had created as a mother tends to a child.

The split seemed harmless enough at first. Our kind had grown independent of Balance's influence, a child no longer in need of its mother's diligent tending. Finally content that their children had grown into adults, our Ladies began to withdraw some of their motherly touch. The change was reluctant, but each Sister assured the other that their little ones had made it farther than they could have guessed at the beginning of things. It would bolster our kind further, they thought, than we could have ever gone under Balance's watchful eye, and of course they would still be there when we reached for them. It was for the good of all that they withdrew.

It was devastating.

No more whispers of greatness, no more gentle reminders of the watchful presence lingering just overhead. Rumors spread, terrible rumors of a fledgling species created to fill the niche that had been promised to us. The unrest could not be quelled; even those who reached out to our Ladies and begged them for answers did not have peace. Our mothers, some said, had abandoned us, banished us to a pointless existence beneath the waves. Not once before had we thought of leaving the soothing womb into which we were born, and yet, now that our place above was threatened, it was all that many of us wanted.

Something shifted then, moved out from us in an instant, and for a split second, the world felt smaller. Whole groups of dragons who had formed together in the hopes of making their way onto land disappeared, never to be seen again. Underwater landmarks went missing, strange fish began to appear in our waters, flickering in and out of existence for only long enough that we could note them. The scale that Balance had formed by creating itself anew had been tipped, and the peaceful, singular universe we had known before was no more.

In the years that followed the accidental creation of the Multiverse, the churning oceans of Cunabula Deae produced and perfected the only creature for which Balance had left explicit plans. Dragons, as we would come to be known, held sway over the massive oceans with little to concern them. With the whisperers gone and survival on our minds, our kind would come to forget the lonely, deserted feeling, each of us reaching out to our Ladies in kind for support during this terrifying period.

They needed our comfort nearly as much as we needed theirs.

Though our efforts to rebuild kept our minds off the conflicts of days gone by, soon the old stories emerged with a brand new twist. No longer were our poor, distraught Ladies the object of our hatred and distrust. Rather, the villains of the story became the creatures they had created in those years before the Multiverse. Though we hardly knew their names, we didn't hesitate to tarnish their image. After all, what did we care about these creatures that, as it stood, we would never meet.

--Zabreathe

Welcome to Cunabula Deae, the Cradle of the Goddesses
Cunabula Deae Information Blog

The Plan

This RP is going to span over three different threads in a rather episodic structure--finish the first thread, begin the next, yadda yadda. This avoids clutter and creates clear separation between the three different spans of history. Those three threads are as follows.

The Rise - This stage in Cunabula Deae's history is devoted to the transition of dragons from sea to land, and to the subsequent war that followed. Though it will begin in the sea, the starting characters of this thread (the leaders of the migration) will quickly begin to gather their forces and claim the land above. During this period, Land and Sea dragons do not see eye to eye (for obvious reasons), and many of those who remain in the sea take personal affront to those who wish to leave. This thread will span to the end of the war.

The Fall - This thread begins several years after the war, and is devoted to the consequences of the dragons' migration. While physically they have been able to adapt, their Ladies do not believe the dragons are taking properly to the other creatures that live on land. Though the species as a whole survives, by the end of this thread very few (land) dragons will remain--at least as dragons. Many of the dragons who die due to the events of this thread will be encouraged to take up residence in a human vessel, in Cunabula Deae or in one of the other realms of the multiverse. That will be decided when we get that far (I'd like some consistency, though).

The Resurrection - The third and final thread, the Resurrection is the time period in which those dragons who were born as humans (or Sylvans, or cats or mice or--you get it) will be piecing the puzzle together to return home. The race will experience a resurgence, and as the new wave of young dragons grows older, they will begin to try to rebuild. Don't expect, however, that they will have it easy; the other races of the world have nearly forgotten their existence, and know only of the dragons of lore and of their attitude towards human and Sylvan kind--quick to anger, quick to kill. Many groups of Sylvans, and of humans especially, will fight against this resurgence.

The Information Blog

Due to a lack of editing ability after a certain period of time, as well as the changing time line, an information blog has been created for this RP. Here, characters will be posted, a summary will be kept, and as information comes up, articles will be filled out to be placed there. If you would like to contribute to this information blog in any way, please PM me and we'll get it all sorted out. Also, if you would like to request an article, drop me a line.

Though this is one of the first RPs that I've actually GMed, I have my eye on a nomination for the Epic Level Roleplay Award. What does this mean for you, the prospective player?

Signatures - As instructed in the thread that makes mention of the award, signatures should be turned off for all In Character posts, to help with the continuity and flow of the roleplay.

Word Count - To some extent, this is my own personal preference. I would like it if posts could consistently remain over 500 words, and would prefer if they were regularly much higher than that. This will not be a fast paced roleplay, before you go fretting your pretty little heads off. You will have all the time you could possibly need to write, react, and help to create this ever-churning, living world. Please take this time, and show courtesy to other players by taking things slowly. (For those of you who have a problem with this, your need to post quickly will be addressed below).

Editing/The English Language - I'd like to consider this a literate to advanced level RP, which means that prospective players should have a more than decent grasp on the English language. You will be expected to take your time writing your posts (as mentioned above), to edit very carefully, and to properly convey your character through your choice of words (especially in dialogue).

Characters - Though I don't expect newly created characters to instantly pop out well-developed, I can dream. Characters ought to be well-thought out. There will be a section later on about character creation. Please adhere to those guidelines

Character Creation

Dragons

Dragons can be very difficult to name and create, so I've taken the liberty of putting forth a guide to help you do so.

Names - A dragon's name is a very important aspect of his person. As dragons don't have surnames, many dragon names are created on the spot for the sake of individuality. These names may have some sort of meaning in regards to language, or may have no meaning at all save for the sound that the combination of letters and vowels creates (see: Cunabula Deae Information Blog--Dragon Song). I am currently playing with the parameters of this name generator (http://www.vivtek.com/fantasy_namer) in order to find what I consider the proper criteria for a dragon name. That will also be posted on the information blog.

Parameters for the name gen:
Code: Select all
vowels  i, a, e, o, u, y
consonants c, d, h, k, l, m, n, r, s, t, v, w like a, i, e, v, s, o, u, b
accents 
hard cv.v
choices b.v, v.w, w.r, m.n=n, b.m, c.k=k, c.g, c.s, s.sh, ch.sh, tt.th
syllables vcv, cvc, ccv, v, cv, vc, c
max_syllables 1
prefixes Ey, Za, Vi, El, Ka, Ru, Ha, Kha, As, Az, Te, Ta, Sa, Se, Kat, O, Ol, En, Al, V, Z, I, E, A, D, R, N, An, Ad, Sh, Sha, Crys, Ai, Ais, Kar, Wy, Wyn, Em
suffixes lin, ia, iia, ya, on, ik, n, er, ter, ael, rael, rin, rein, arn, en, ein, ion, aron, indor, alin, ai, i, a, ire, athe, imbre, val, dor, ix, yon, aea, eae, in, riel, sta, lynn, e, i, a, o, u, na, ina, ter, rys

Family Crest - The family crest is a combination of both one color and one image, generally combined to represent the origins of a family or clan. Much like surnames, family crests change with marriages and sometimes with major events. Because there are so many ways to represent an image, it is recommended that you are very specific about the depiction of your family crest, specifying how realistic and detailed the image is, and making sure these details are noted. The only two crests I will not allow are a white rose and a black serpent. Neither of these should be relevant anyway, since you are only just making your crawl from the sea.

Age/Size - Dragons, as you might have guessed, grow to enormous proportions because there is very little in place to control their aging and thus their size. Keep in mind, however, that younger dragons are very much smaller than their older counterparts (because age = size), and that most of the dragons making the migration will be fairly young. Their advantage in the war will not be size but speed and flight (as flight begins to develop).

Appearance - Both draconic and humanoid appearances should be described, and mention should be made of how often they take either one. Remember that dragons have colored scales, and be sure to describe the "helmet" (which is to say, the horns on the creature's head, if they have any) in detail. This is sort of like a lion's mane (not limited to males) as it is a symbol of strength and age.

Place of Birth - Whether a dragon was born on land or sea should be noted, as well as the sea/continent/country they were born in. Most dragons at the beginning of the Rise will be born in the sea. The only exceptions to this will be half-dragons, whose parents would have moved onto land after coupling with a Sylvan or human (more likely a Sylvan).

Personality/History - There is no set history or personality for dragons. Though many of them are ignorant and arrogant at this point, there is always the chance that you could have one of the dragons who isn't. Put thought into their personality, look at the personalities of characters that have already been posted and take them into consideration. We will be helping you along in the character acceptance process, so don't fret if you aren't sure. CD is a complex world; I won't be upset if you don't quite know what to do just by reading a quick (and over-dated) overview of the world.

Allegiance - Make sure that dragons are spread out. I would like to have both sides played out about evenly (as well as the reactions of the races already prominent on the surface).

Sylvans

Name - Sylvans, unlike dragons, have two separate names. Their true name, which is taken from combining the essence of their personality and an aspect of nature, is a name that they keep close and guarded. A Sylvan will very rarely tell anyone but his or her spouse what this name is, as it can be used in a spell to harm or enslave the name's bearer. They feel that this name is revealed to them when they reach adulthood, and in their eyes it is the name of their soul. For day to day use, however, they have more common names, given to them by their parents at birth. This name can be based on their home or some other aspect of their culture (Latin names or the dragon name guide are acceptable. Please make mention of the name's meaning among that particular Sylvan's family group, for reference purposes).

Family crest - A Sylvan's family crest consists of two different natural colors and a creature or plant found in the family's home forest (please be creative; the fauna of Cunabula Deae is bigger and currently more primitive than our own). Naturally, these creatures or plants would not have anything to do with the sea unless the sylvan was of dragon parentage.

Age/Size - Sylvan's are, as a rule, generally much taller than humans. Some of them can reach heights well over six and a half feet. Though the speed of their growth is varied, most Sylvans reach their maximum height at around two hundred years of old age. Unlike humans, Sylvans have strong, dense bones, and do not shrink with old age. However, the strain of their backs may cause them to hunch over slightly and appear shorter than their full stature.

Appearance - Sylvans have long, delicately pointed ears that curl slightly towards their tips, giving them almost a sea-shell like structure. Young Sylvans have round, childish faces, and their hair color ranges from very light blonde (nearly silver-this color is almost never seen in older Sylvans) to jet black. As they age, the lines of their faces become stricter and more defined. Their hair color darkens, and as such, the elders of the race nearly always have very deep black hair (often tinted with a natural green sheen, as their Heavenly Mother does ever so much like the color green). Among Sylvans, eye colors are often a shade of green, blue, grey, gold/amber, or black. Common skin tones consist of tans, pinks, and golds, with variations in darkness ranging from as pale and white as a sheet of paper to very very dark (think of the colors of tree bark and the wood inside). A Sylvan reaches adulthood at around their first century, and rarely appears older than a human equivalent of thirty years.

Place of birth - This fact will come into play as the story progresses. All Sylvans are born on land, as they are a land-dwelling race, depending upon the continent they are born on and the forest they are born in, the side the choose in regards to the coming war may have direct consequences on their social standing.

Personality/history - Like dragons, there is hardly a solid, distinct personality for Sylvans. The more diverse, the better. Things to keep in mind, however, include the fact that they are colder than the other races and very proud. Many of them are quick to take insult, and it is very difficult to find your way back into their good graces. Also keep in mind that the Sylvan people as a whole are very careful about the world around them, and as such word things very creatively. They find lying repulsive, but they are not above wording things a different way in order to lead you to believe something else. Many Sylvans enjoy word games and riddles. Other than that, be creative.

Note: A dragon/Sylvan hybrid will be more sociable and won't take offense quite quickly. While they may be more pleasant to be around, they are still proud and arrogant creatures, a trait seen on both sides.

Allegiance - See dragons above. It is best to have your Sylvan characters spread out in their allegiance. However, because their Heavenly Mother is not directly taking part in the war between land and sea, Sylvans may adopt a neutral standing as well.

Skeleton

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Family Crest (for humans and Sylvans, surname or equivalent):[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Place of Birth:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Allegiance:[/b]
[b]Other Information (extra abilities, links with other player characters, etc.):[/b]

Sirs (and Dames) Definitely Appearing In This "Film"

The following characters come prenamed and with something like unto an idea of purpose.

Calyen and Shira - Omega_Pancake

Viriia - Omega_Pancake
Zabreathe - Omega_Pancake
Aean (reserved to be passed out at a later date)
Zefire - Damien Silverwing

The following characters are free to play and to create as you choose.

Queen of the Espaean Seas
King of the Esus Seas
Empress of the Saoris Seas
Chief of the Ethevurian Seas
High Seat of the Albuaron Seas

As more continents are added, the leaders for those seas will be open to play as well. If you wish to apply to create a continent, please give us a name and a brief description of the culture living on it.

Sub-Plots and Behind The Scenes

For those of you fast posters and people who get off on tangents, sub-plots are encouraged, as well as behind the scenes, character development sort of things, provided you follow these guidelines.

1. For sub-plots, I would like a PM or some other form of contact regarding them before they are approved. This way I know who's involved, what the outcome will be, and what effect it will have on the rest of the world.

2. For behind the scenes stuff, which I expect you'll be doing over PM or some other form of communication, I would like a daily update by PM in some other form, so that I know what has gone on previously or what has been going on while no one was watching. Some of these things may be added to the summary once they are revealed to other players.

Rules

1. First and foremost, and an obvious among RPers of the standard I'm looking for, is no god-modding. This includes, but is not limited to auto hitting, meta-gaming, and ignoring damage. If you are unsure of what any of these things are, or if you're not sure whether or not your action falls into one of these categories, drop me a PM and we'll get things cleared up. Remember! Dragons are pretty powerful characters. That doesn't give you the right to abuse that power

2. As mentioned above, I expect good grammar and a decent show of ability out of players. Take your time, make sure you edit, get that word count up (intelligently, please), and if something is pointed out to you, please fix it. We will make mention of these things as we see them in some form or fashion, be it in the OOC or by PM.

3. Please inform me if you wish to leave the role play, and if you can, stick around long enough that your character can be written out of it. This includes temporary absences (we have to explain why your character has gone quiet somehow). If you are gone for more than one week without warning, your character will be handed over to a capable player to NPC until your return. If you are gone for more than one month with no explanation or reply to PMs, your character will 1) be given over to the player who had NPCed them permanently, 2) be killed off, or 3) be made unavailable in some other fashion. Upon appropriate explanation, you may be allowed that character back. However, if they have died, you will have to create a reincarnation.

4. Do not post in the IC thread before your character is approved.

5. Character applications should be at least 300 words, preferably more, to get a proper feel for the character. Please do not use images in your application, as using images someone created in order to represent their own characters is plagiarism. If the image is yours, you may use it, but please link to it rather than posting it in the thread. This reduces clutter in the OOC.

6. Turn your signatures off in the IC thread to keep with the continuity of the story.

7. When the GMs say no, the answer shall remain no. Feel free to try to sway us with arguments, we'd love to hear your side of the story, but in the end, if no is our final verdict, don't walk away angry because we didn't agree with you. This upsets us ever so much, and makes us feel as though our authority is being undermined by your need to have things your way (in short, GM's word is law, though the law will be taken on a case by case basis). Upon reading the OOC thread all the way through, please place "Gates above!" and one trivial/humorous fact about your character at the end of your post.

8. The OOC thread is there for a reason. Please use it. It is easier for our story to come together if we've all got some idea of what's on everyone else's mind. I have seen too many threads with epic potential die out due to lack of organization. Please don't let this happen! Remember, all OOC discussions are to happen in the OOC thread! Please, no OOC comments in the IC.

9. The Cunabula Deae Information Blog is your textbook when it comes to CD, and a link will be posted as soon as it's up and ready to go. Any questions that you can't find the answer to should be directed to one of the GMs (probably me, for the first little while). These questions will go onto a list on the info blog, so that you can go back and reference the information.

10. Last but not least, don't forget to have fun! Though the plot of the RP is sort of serious, that doesn't mean a bit of humorous character interaction will get you into trouble. We like humor here, and there's humor in real life situations sometimes. Make sure to incorporate some of that.

EDIT: Oh, geez, I forgot to post the summary of the beginning of the plot, like an intelligent person.

Just a few centuries previous to the beginning of the thread, a very important group of dragons is born to a pair of nobles undersea. There are four siblings—one sister and three brothers—who will, at the start of our thread, begin gathering support and lead the rise out of the oceans. The eldest of these siblings, the female, is one of the few dragons who still listens to the now-quieted rumors that the dragons of her grandpareng's generation whispered about the creatures above. She is responsible for the resurgence of these rumors, and is using them to fuel her rise to the surface, something the dragons who have come to love the sea do not agree with.

EDIT 2: The GM is getting excited and is a ditz. Co-GMs are as follows:

Damien Silverwing
MULTI_MEDIA_MAN

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Cradle of the Goddesses: The Rise (OOC/Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Name: Aiedail

Family Crest (for humans and Sylvans, surname or equivalent): http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/ShiningAngel7494/CrestAiedail.png

Appearance: (For the second time...)

Dragon:
Aiedail takes after his parents in that he has celestial silver scales that shine and sparkle as if the stars themselves have descended to lie upon his back. His build is sleek and slim, almost wyrm like, due to his age, and as such he relies on the streamlining to aid his speed and agility in a fight. His wings (when they develop) will be relatively thin, having to beat several times where larger wings might only beat once, with pale peach bordering on white skin on their underside where his scales do not cover it. His 'helmet' consists of two lines of wavy and naturally shaped horns, similar in shape and form to coral, that decrease in size and distance apart as they go further toward his neck, forming into one line of larger spikes that follow his spine down to his tail. His tail itself is long and thin, and the spikes merge into a forked tip at the end of it, acting as a small weapon. His eyes are cerulean with silver interspersed around the large irises, that still have the sparkle of youth that gives him a perpetually inquisitive and bright appearance.

Human
In human form (were he to take it) Aiedail takes the appearance of a young man, quite small in stature and slim in his build. His hair is jet black and tousled, often unkempt in a 'morning hair' style, and falls to the nape of his neck. His eyes are the same bright cerulean, giving h
im a youthful look about him similar to as they do in dragon form. His skin is pale, and a similar color to the skin visible on the underside of his wings in dragon form. He likes to decorate his form with markings, that appear as tattoos on his face and arms, tribal and vine like shapes along his upper arm and underneath his eyes. On both his forehead and the backs of his hands
appear his family crest (depicted above).

Place of Birth: The Espaean Sea

Personality: Aiedail is inquisitive and honest, he sees no real point in lying or hiding his emotions, and as such is prone to public displays of affection or anger. He is always open to new things and never judges anyone by their appearance or by first impressions. I'll be developing his personality as we go, so I won't put any more in here.

History: Aiedail is the son of a pair of respected dragons, named Aurelia and Daishar, both silver and both deeply caring for each other and their child. Rather than spoiling him with gifts and coddling, as a human couple might do a child they care for greatly, they instead gave him freedom to develop how he wanted to and aiding him in his pursuits enough to give him a good foothold, but also help him develop independence. He grew up loving both his parents greatly, and through tutelage and independent exploration of history and lore, he became quite learned. His true passion however, was in the arts, both in creating beautiful pieces of art in the form of sculptures or in beautiful melodies and compositions. He also developed his will use, but rather than using it to battle or make personal gain, he focused on using it to create music and illusions, as well as form his own sculptures from gemstones found on the seabed. He is a peaceful soul, but yearns for the freedom of the surface world, where there are whole new cultures to find and learn of, new melodies to be formed, new materials to be sculpted, and as such has joined the side of those wishing to make landfall.

Allegiance: Viriia and Brothers

Other Information (extra abilities, links with other player characters, etc.): His will use centers around the creation of illusions, of light displays, music and other such artsy things. He also uses it to mould rock and gemstones into artistic shaped. Technically these abilities could be used in a fight, but he knows nothing beyond the basics when it comes to actual battle spells, he can only just form a lightning bolt and a fireball if he tries really hard.

Gates above! Aiedail's illusions are somewhat along the line of what one might experience while on hallucinogenic drugs. Pink elephants, anyone?
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damien Silverwing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:53 pm

b]Name:[/b] Zefire
Family Crest: The crest is a midnight green with a mountain in the middle of it sybolizing the conquest that his parents had been on and are now famous for.
Appearance: In his dragon form, Zefire's scales are a azure blue color that gleam when the sun reaches them. He is lean and muscular thanks to his relatively young age making him a very fast swimmer and would probably help him in the sky once his wings developed. His wings are thin and very long to aid in his gliding in the sky. His helmet consist of two long branch like horns that extend to the sky and to the sides but only slightly like a stag. On his spine and down his long tail resides spikes that add to his armor. His head is lean and long and expose sharp canines that were built for tearing. His eyes are a light green and cat like.

In human form, he takes the apperance of a young male in his early twenties. His raven hair reaches down to his shoulder in a feathered fashion and caress his pale face and eyes. The color of his eyes do nat change their color. His body is lean and muscular like the build of a fighter. He stands tall and proud at 6'4 and weighs 192 Ibs.
Place of Birth: Espaean sea
Personality: Zefire is genuinely curious about everything around him. He wants to know every detail and that sometimes gets his parents annoyed. He does wonder about the world above him and wonders what kind of creatures live there. He is proud of who he is and wont let anyone insult him or his family. Usually he is more carefree than his older siblings and likes it that way. His kind and fun attitude however can change like the north wind to reveal a vicous creature. He will not stand for insults and will make the one responsible for it regret every word he had spoken.
History: Zefire is the youngest of the siblings and from the beginning all of them had told him stories of the wonders above. Viriia however was the most influential for she was the eldest and he generally followed her around. In a way she was his model even if he had two other brothers to look up to. She wouldn't let anyone get in her way and she was very proud. All traits he wanted to have. Like a puppy after its mother, he followed her around which often got on her nerves but he would follow all the more.
Allegiance: His siblings who all want to discover land.
Other Information: If Zefire put all his will to it, he can summon a gust of wind at best. Over time however, he would be able to control the wind around him and as the most conjur up a violent storm. His own name means wind so it only seems fitting that he would be able to cotrol it.

Damien Silverwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Name: Tuon, Empress of the Saoris Seas

Family Crest: http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/ShiningAngel7494/TuonCrest.png

Appearance:

Dragon
In dragon form, Tuon is a radiant amethyst beauty, with a serpent like form similar to that of Chinese dragons, but with a head more reminiscent of the western imagery of dragons. Due to her age, she is massive, and could fit a smaller dragon like Aiedail within her coils several times over. In addition to her serpent like body, she of course has limbs, which are proportionately thin, with claws on the end of her fingers. Her helmet is formed of two large twisted horns to the rear of her head, with smaller spikes dotted between them and down towards her snout. Two lines of wavy, fin-like spike run down her back, all the way to the tip of her tail where they meet. Her wings (were they to develop) would be large and broad, and covered in scales on both sides. Thanks to her supple form she is agile and swift, more so than most dragons her size but less so than smaller and younger dragons.

Human
In human form, Tuon is a slim and curvaceous woman, appearing in her mid to late twenties. Her hair is dark brown bordering on black, and falls to the small of her back freely, the rest braided and falling to her waist. Her features are sharp and defined, and her eyes beautifully violet and sly. She clothes herself in silk gowns and veils, alike to those worn by Asian temptresses, always in pinks and purples, and she decorates her hair with jewels and flowers. She is quite short, in contrast to her size as a dragon, but isn’t mindful of it.

Place of Birth: Saoris Seas

Personality: Tuon is calm and thoughtful, and dangerously intelligent, three qualities that got her on the throne and kept her there as long as she has been, running her empire benevolently but with an iron fist on law breakers (as contradictory as that may sound).

History: Tuon was the daughter of a noble family under the previous Empress, who raised her to simply act in hers and her family’s best interests, not give ground to opponents, and to take brain over brawn. Now, to some interpretations that might sound just like a basic idea of how to live, but Tuon took it literally. When the Empress stepped down from her post, Tuon put herself forwards as a candidate, gathering supporters through charitable work, demonstrations of power and a just rule, and good ideals. I shan’t go into any more detail than that for the short reason that I have no idea where I would start, but needless to say she succeeded in her claim and became Empress a millennia or so ago. Since then she has remained in a good eye with her subjects, and kept a good level of control and order over the Saoris Seas.

Allegiance: Tuon has decided that too little is known about the surface to support the migration, and so officially is against those who wish to rise up to the surface, but in actuality is open to being persuaded otherwise once more is known and has sent agents from her country with those who want to make landfall to find out more.

Other Information: Tuon is quite adept in Will use, in most aspects, including combat. When one has millennia to perfect and improve one’s abilities, one generally gets quite good at most things.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lore on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Hiya. I hope you don't mind me taking over Damien's character? I am a friend of his and he asked me to. I won't let you guys down! I was also wondering if you would let me take his place as co-gm?
Image Image

Lore
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 pm

@Shining Angel:

Aiedail - The 'celestial silver' thing seems like it has ms possibilities. I've no problem with silver, but I've never heard of a chromatic thing that sparkled necessarily.

I should write an article on dragon magic, I've decided, and the ages at which it comes into use. The lights and illusions are alright, as that's something that dragons learn to do at a relatively young age, but how does the sculpting work? Does he use heat or something else? (It would be nice to know these things, as they're all an intricate part of the way magic works).

As for the final two, these abilities I'd like to develop over time. He's really awful young to be generating quite that much heat on his own, and neither a fireball or a lightning bolt would behave as he liked them to.

He's awful young, but if you're sure you can handle playing such a young character, then accepted!

Tuon - As for our dear empress, I am perfectly alright with her, due to her age. Accepted! Also, very beautiful crest. Just remember to challenge her as time goes by.

@Lore: Seeing as we have spoken previously on the matter, that's perfectly alright. We're sorry to see Damien go, but at least his place will not go unfilled.

I suppose I should direct my character comments to you, then.

As I mentioned earlier to Damien, the wind powers would have to develop over time. I imagine there will be individuals who will make it difficult for him to do so, however, depending on his reason for using it, so keep this in mind. A quick glance over the character for clarity and grammar, as it would help us all out greatly, but other than that, approved!

As for one of my initial two characters!

Name: Viriia

Family Crest: Midnight green; a depiction of the mountain the city Viriia's mother and father are responsible for founding.

Appearance: Viriia's scales are a dark, dull shade of green which appears black until she enters the bright, blue waters of what we geeks like to call the Photic Zone. For a dragon of her age, she is on the small side, and has traded in the powerful muscles of some blockier dragons for an aquadynamic body that allows her both speed and ease of movement. Her helmet consists of several short horns and two long ones, all pointing backward at about the same angle. Her eyes are a dark, almost black shade of brown.

In her human form (once she begins to take it), Viriia is stately and stern looking. Though not unattractive, she is certainly recognizable by the sharp curves and harsh lines of her thin body. No soft curves or gentle hollows adorn her lithe, agile body, reflecting the no-nonsense speedy appearance she holds in dragon form. Even her dark hair is sleek and straight, generally worn in a tight knot at the back of her neck.

Place of Birth: The Espaean Seas

Personality: As reflected by her appearance, Viriia is very harsh and does not take well to being second tier. She is stubborn and determined. As such, she doesn't take well to being told no, or that she can't do something (which only fuels her drive to make a home on the surface world). She shows very little remorse for her actions or compassion in general, even to her own family, and puts the good of the many far before the good of the one (which she often doesn't consider at all). Calculating, cold, and strategic, Viriia considers herself the perfect leader for the migration to the surface.

History: As a young dragon, Viriia's spiky personality and superior disposition got her into a lot of disagreements with other children. She was involved in several fights, the results of which ranged from victory to several days confined to the watchful gaze of her parents. During these days, when she could do little more than listen, she found herself drawn to the ancient echoes of the stories told in years past, still resonating throughout the seas, if one knew where to listen.

At a very young age, she became obsessed with the idea of traveling to the surface. Though her parents disapproved of the idea, she began to culture this obsession, and when her younger brother, Zabreathe, was born, she took him under her careful watch and taught him to do the same. With both Zabreathe and Viriia to teach them and fill their head with tales of the surface above, the two brothers that followed after them had little choice but to agree.

Allegiance: Viriia is the leader of the movement to the surface, and as such is obviously loyal to the movement to the surface.

Other Information: Though it is encouraged that dragons worship and pay equal respects to their god, Viriia obviously favors Calyen above her sister for her willful attitude and self-satisfying nature. She hopes to gain the goddess's favor in the years to come.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lore on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Thanks and alright. I'll work on that and the wind wont be developed since he is young. No worries and thank you ^^

Lore
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:16 am

Thanks!

The celestial silver thing was really just a bit of purple prose, unnecessary but pretty :3

The sculpting thing could be something developed later, I think, seeing as you pointed out it would need lots of heat or slicing etc.

As for the fireball and lightning bolt I really just threw them in there as examples of basic combat abilities, he can only just form them (and very ickle ones at that). It's mostly the pretty lights and noises :3

And I'm used to playing young characters, but I will need to consult as to just how young I'll be playing him as, but I'll do that over MSN :)

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glomp on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:19 am

Ah, this looks interesting! I'll take some time to read it though.

Glomp
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Gah! I worked out a character about 3 times, and each time the computer quit on me, and because of that, this post slipped to the bottom of my bookmarks. Is it still alive? I'll try and make a character in pieces if it is... if not, a DEFINITE shame, because it was just set up to be great.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:28 am

I dunno that I would call it alive. I wouldn't call it dead, though, either! It is an infant in utero (so technically alive, I suppose) and hasn't yet become a part of the RPing world, that's pretty much what's happening. If you still want to join, I still want to start. ^.^ And if you know anyone who'd like to join, that would be even spiffier. I'll probably start once the last brother has been allotted and all of that taken care of, if that works for everyone else.

Need to get in touch with Lore, see what he plans to do about this. HMM.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Oh, glorious. I am going to have to approach this character in parts. So I may still be a while, I'm recovering from a minor surgery, and the meds shall slow me, but I'll be there, in time.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:51 pm

That's perfectly understandable, no sweat in regards to that. I'm actually taking my time on one of these characters because I'm having a hard time reverse-engineering him. I'll be able to do it, but I can only do so much of it at a time without wanting to pull my hair our and scream at things.

Which is odd, since he's a very peaceful character (at least, he is when he's older).

But yeah, don't sweat it, I understand your situation and don't want you screaming at things the way I have to sometimes! Hope to hear from you soon, though.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!