Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

To Kill a Dragon (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: To Kill a Dragon (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:50 am

Qwerty: I'm sold!
Nothing to see here

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moniker on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:51 am

Hm. Weis is all right, but it should be noted that she would not be from the Barony of Montengard, as a lot of her history is about Kings and different Barons and such. She would be from the mainland. If Tempest doesn't have any major complaints, I'd say you're likely to be in.

I'll put the IC up sometime tonight once I finish work.

Edit: It seems I'm not so quick. Welcome aboard, Qwerty.
I have a right to my anger, and I don't want anybody telling me I shouldn't be, that it's not nice to be, and that something's wrong with me because I get angry.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moniker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby qwerty0000 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:07 am

I know, probably in her intro post I'll add in her story of crossing the sea (unhappy)

thanks very much!!
Hell, young as we are to know everything, it doesn't matter in the long run

qwerty0000
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:57 pm

Name: Ganath

Occupation/Character Class: Barbarian

Physical Description: A large and muscular man, Ganath stands a head taller than his half brother Danath with long wind bound blonde hair and pale gray eyes. Ganath's beard is a thick thing with small braids woven with warrior rings that reaches to his chest. A man of the shield wall, he usually wears a light and rough leather jerkin with a sheet of chain mail hung over his shoulders like a shawl and leather boots akin to his brothers with the leather leggings tucked into them. When not prepped for battle he merely takes off his jerkin displaying his myriad of Nordic tattoos across his chest that signify his prowess as a warrior. Though greatly different than Danath in appearance, their relation is still evident in their faces.

Equipment: A round shield that is black with a green bear. A thick and heavy spear that stands taller than he and can only be hefted by a few. A bundle of small javelins is strapped to his back cross ways with a hand-and-half sword that fits like an arming sword in his hand.

Abilities: Ganath is a fearsome warrior, never giving quarter and moving with a speed that defies his size. He is strong enough to pull an oxcart.

Brief Background and Motivations: Born on Torlor, an island outside Montengard. Ganath is the youngest son of Aleryn of Swynmor. He is also the only baseborn child of Lord Aleryn's. His father did not treat him ill, but nor did he treat him well. Ganath was raised by his mother, a young woman of Nordic heritage that was gained from skirmishes off the island. Not long after Danath was put into service as a paige, Ganath joined his father's shield wall. After years of fighting side by side with the warriors of Swynmor Ganath gained his own shield wall. It was during their second battle that word reached Ganath of the revolt. He immediately set out with his men to Torlor and struck down the leaders of the revolt, finding his father's ancestral sword in the hands of a village mayor. He was not able to kill all of them, many escaped and those that stayed putting up resistance fled at word of Danath's coming. When his elder brother walked into the burnt and blackened hall he found Ganath kneeling with the sword flat in his outstretched hands. At that time Ganath and his men swore allegiance to the new lord of Swynmor. When Danath announced his intentions Ganath joined him immediately, putting his second in command Issa in charge of defending the lands until their eventual return.
Last edited by 7achary on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:07 pm

This half-brother is approved by the creator of Danath. Thats about all I can give.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moniker on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:57 pm

I like him. You've got my go-ahead, Achary.

IC is up! kill-dragon-t27650.html

Edit: I've got a Rugby game today, so posting myself may be unlikely. Just the same, I'm glad to see things rolling.

Vasa, if you can't find the time to at capitalize more then just the one name, then this is definately not the RP for you.

Moniker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:28 pm

I've never played the humongous warrior type before, I'm looking forward to this. "Me smash little mage in girly dress! AHHHHHHHHHHH!"*

*Note: Not actual Ganath quote.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:42 pm

The little girly can turn you into a big ole ice sculpture 8)

Accepted to the RP Zach.

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby qwerty0000 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 am

question: who will be the company's leader anyway?

qwerty0000
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:40 am

We vote on it IC :twisted:

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby qwerty0000 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:04 am

oh dear XD that'll be fun

qwerty0000
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moniker on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Vasa, I'm sorry to say that your capitalization is actually worse, as you only seemed to hit the shift key once. Please do this, and definately consider a spell-check as well before you post. It's not much to ask. I don't want to mention this again.

As for everyone else, thanks for the posts. They're grand. Once everyone has signed up and we've got a leader picked, we can grab the map and skidaddle and hunt us a Dragon!

Moniker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:22 pm

I am sorry, I'm running around like a chicken... Well you know the rest.... I wanted to let y'all know i was still here. I will do that in the future...
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!