Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Alas, Babylon [OOC // Signups]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Alas, Babylon [OOC // Signups]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:00 am

Ah, after a long night, I am finally able to post before I head off to school. XD

GAH! NUUUUU!!!! I DUN WANNA GOOOO!!!!

Anyway, Serena, you are accepted. Please go post your profile over in the Character Thread, and you may post in the IC whenever you feel ready. :)

Oh, and yes. I can see the picture (I couldn't at first, but then I refreshed it, and it came up just fine so... *shrugs*)

Anyway... yeah. haha
y do i have a ƒεεℓเɳɠ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ᵃ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅʟʏ ᴇʟᴀʙᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ՏℍⅈtℙᝪՏt

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SerenaMathews on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Yatta~! Hai~ I shall go put it in the chara profiles. I'm gonna clear up the water substance edit that I was thinking about this morning and more personality. :D
If the story is put down in individual characters, it becomes a short story, and if it's extremely short, it becomes song lyrics. - C.G
http://www.innercityelegance.com

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SerenaMathews
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:28 pm

woaaah... my most frequently posted in has changed to Alas Babylon, It's been the Fight for Lanoriln since I first started roleplaying here... impressive.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:34 pm

Whoooo! 10 points to Gryffindor!

Bahaha. Don't ask; inside joke from my freshman year in gym class, badminton. I'm glad that you are taking so well to Alas, Babylon. I'm glad that everyone is~ *huggles all of you*

I'm happy to say, that even though my AP classes and Honors classes are going to be taking up most of my life, I will still be on here every single day of the freakin year~ hahaha I love you guys too much to give you up because of school! XD

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:01 am

Heh, same here....I'm working hard because of it though, getting my work done faster, so I can get on here. So yes, this makes me a better student......kind of.
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingxGlasses on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:46 am

Yay for people who are good students xD More like 10 points to Hufflepuff~! Ahhh Cedric Diggory :]
"The second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning!" All you need is a little bit of fairy dust, and to believe! :) Come join the adventure as we battle the ruthless Captain James Hook and his crew pirates of the Jolly Roger!

neverland-ooc-t31233.html

LookingxGlasses
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sxxy_pup666 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:40 am

Hey Gorie, I just wanted to say that Creature high is offically closed down. No one is posting and I dont have time to keep it running. Thank you for adverticing it.
PeaceLoveHappiness

sxxy_pup666
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SerenaMathews on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 pm

Ok! confused time. ><! lol poor me. Anyways! *ahem* Oran, I'm aware that you have two nicks going. One real and one fake, but do both of them know her or just the fake nick?

SerenaMathews
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Both of them know Alyssum, both of them know Teri... No one knows there are two of them.

The other is still a mystery. The fake Nick has to pretend to be the real Nick, until he finds someone he can tell his identity to, but if I haven't been obvious about it, the fake Nick has slightly lighter hair and more self-esteem, so he carries himself a little bit better, not necessarily more attractive, just bolder.

Would it help if I just give the Fake Nick's real name and call him by that? Even though everyone will still address him as Nick until he finally wants to tell people his real name and purpose (Which would probably be someone he cares about, not just some random face who says "who are you?")

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SerenaMathews on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:48 pm

Nah its cool. Other nick and Nick is cool. I was just confused. Alright! Posting time! thank you so much! not confused anymore! ^^

SerenaMathews
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 am

Name: Summer Amun
Nickname: Summer
Orientation: Straight
Race/What are you?: Human/Fairy
Powers: Summer can change her clothes/body/facial aperance and other things. When Summer thinks about something really hard or waves her fingers or wand she can do magic.Summer is still learning about her magic. Summer's favourite magic is making it sunny.
Personality: She is a girly girl and she often has trouble with people because they dislike girly girls/fairies. She has a smile on her face when she is doing magic. When she is sad/mad. her magic takes over and gets out of control. She is polite to teachers and loves her friends. Her sparkly personality shines like the sun.Others often treat her like a baby because she is such a girly girl and it upsets her. Summer cant change that they treat her like a baby because her magic is not strong enough. When she is tired her magic doesnt work much.
Dislikes: heights,dark,bullies
Appearance: Summer has long blonde hair and brown eyes. Her cheeks are almost always pink and her eyes sparkle when she is happy. Summer is skinny and she often wears bright clothes.
History:Summer's dad was a fairy lawyer and her mum was a weather fairy.Her Parents got their powers from the magical flower that sits ontop of the midde tree.Every child had to go the the flower and get their powers when they where 13. Summer has had her powers for 1 month. Summer was bullied in school and her brother and sister had their powers already, so her life wasnt very nice. But when she got accepted into the school,, she was overyjoyed. She couldnt wait to finnaly fit in.
Room: I dont no yet

::Daily Schedule (Mon - Fri)::
BREAKFAST
Period One: Art
Period Two: English
Period Three: Lunch
Period Four: Personal Power Class
Period Five: Drama
REST OF DAY OFF

I edited it. Sorry about the last one.
Last edited by SexyBabe16 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Today Was A Fairytale ~ By Taylor Swift. Is the song I strive on. I strive on different songs but at the moment and for a while it will be my sole strength... Up & Above xxxx

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Sexybabe, I'm going to have to wait on accepting you...

I would like your character to be a bit more in depth; thats nothing against you, thats just what I look for :)

Now, you aren't rejected, but... I would like you to update your character profile a bit. Just add some more information; make it a bit more full~ :)
Oh, and watch the spelling and grammar. I can be a grammar Nazi when I'm not being lazy. I know that not everyone is great with spelling, but try to read over things to make sure they're spelled correctly.

Also, can you elaborate a bit more on on her powers? She can change her appearance, but... how? Just let me know that little bit there. And for History... how did her powers come about? Was it something that she inherited genetically from her parents?

And, this is going to sound sorta nit-picky, but... If she has such a good personality, why do others treat her like a baby? Just clarify that a bit for me; like I said earlier, add more, and make it "meaty", so to speak...

When you edit that post, let me know, and I'll re-read it. :)

Thanks for applying! :)

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:54 pm

i edited the post. Sorry about the 1st one!

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rhyse on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:19 pm

[[ I would like to be considered... ]]
Name:Benjamin Hurst
Nickname: Benny
Orientation: No Interest
Race/What are you?: Human?
Powers: Benny has the ability to break down matter to mere energy and then reassemble it in whatever form he wants, from simple objects to complex living things. It's not known if he can break down living things, but he's never done it yet.
Personality: Benny hasn't changed much since he was seven, still very childlike, the only thing that seems to grow is his intelligence. He does however have a form of multiple personality disorder, this personalities taking shape in what most people would call imaginary friends, but he's able to make them real. These 'friends' know everything he knows, but he doesn't know everything they know. He's often seen seemingly talking to himself. He is very shy around new people, often using his 'friends' to speak for him, but is really a sweet boy.
Dislikes: Mean people, scary movies and hot places
Appearance: Benny is still very small, looking like he should still be in elementary school. For unknown reasons he hasn't developed physically or mentally in years. He is barely four feet tall and rather thin. He has short, shaggy brown hair and green eyes. He dresses in summer clothes, even in the winter, shorts and a short sleeved shirt of varying colors.
History: Benny was found on the streets, living in a dug in cave under the street he made himself, providing his own necessities from things around him. He refuses to talk about anything before that, shutting himself off from the world at the mere mention of his parents, usually leaving one of his 'friends' to take over. He just recently arrived at the school and is rather uncomfortable with his new surroundings.
Room: First - 1

rhyse
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Already accepted~ Thank you for posting here though. :)

*skips off to go see your IC post* haha

Oh, and this is tremendously late, but... SexyBabe, if you would still like to be a part of this, I'm going to accept you... Though, I would like you to watch spelling, grammar, and paragraph structure as much as you possibly can. I know we're not all perfect, but... yeah... XD

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby darth.terramort on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:16 pm

[[ I would like to be considered... ]]
Name: Alexender Philip Anderson
Nickname: Alex
Orientation: Bi
Race/What are you?: Gweatgar (Special-human)
Powers: Manipulation of prana (human energy). Can heal people very fast, and manipulate static electricity to a certian extent (Such has making sparks fly, powering the odd appliance, and able to induce a taser-like shock.) Also has high grade empathy, and finds it incredibly easy to decieve others, and make them feel however he wants to feel. The empethy power is uselss against mind-readers, those without feeling, and other empaths, however.
Personality: He wants to be accapeted more than anything - dying alone is Alex's single greatest fear. Having grown up on a farm in souther Oregon, his powers were not discovered for what they were until he was 17. He is willing to listen to any of his friends (or enemies, for that matter) unless he is one of his "strange" moods. When in this "strange" mood, he has far greater control over his powers, but goes by the name "Terra" and has no sympathy for others around him.
Likes: Food. His powers require extreme amount of calories. As such, he shies away from processed foods and meats, prefering only foods high in life-energy. (Fresh fruits, etc.) Also can use blood as a huge power booster, but refuses to do so.
Dislikes: People who abuse/tease others.
Description: He is 5'9" and weighs 176 lbs, but to do the drain of his powers, has only a minimul percent of body fat. His muscles, while not large, are very finely toned from working on the farm all of his life. He doesn't particularly care what he wears, but his favorite style is dark colored jeans, tennis shoes, and a violet/black shirt. His hair is the color of straw, an odd sandy blonde.
History: Having grown up on a farm in southern Oregon, he was often teased as a child. While his parents did in fact love him, they didn't particularly care about him, often engrossed in their own work. Alex is a master of creating entertainment for himself and others, and has a knack of getting himself into trouble.
Room: Uhhh... I dunno. I have to go back and read all the rooms. If you have any ideas... throw me into one.

::Daily Schedule (Mon - Fri)::
BREAKFAST
Period One: Health
Period Two: Math/English
Period Three: Lunch/Study Hall
Period Four: Special powers class
Period Five: History/Science
FREE FOR REST OF DAY

darth.terramort
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Accepted~

I have to go clean up the list of who is in what room, so you'll probably be able to fit into Mr. Vanderbilt's bedroom if you wish~ :) You'll have roommates... haha

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:59 pm

So... Timeskip anytime soon?

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Oh yeah. Thank you for reminding me Oran. XD

So guys. Announcement.

We're going to be skipping ahead in time (a few months) just as soon as we get around to finishing up this game of Candy Land. Shouldn't be too many more posts~ :)
I figured I'd let you all know now, so you can prepare for it. If you're not sure what to do, just talk to me here, or if you feel more comfortable, you can send me a PM about it. I have no preference.

Reason for doing so? We have some drama in store; lots of fun little things to throw in. As it goes on, feel free to add some of your own. It only makes the story more interesting to work with. ^^
Just one thing, that you probably all have expected if you've been around for a bit; We have the addition of twins to the school. Baby twins. Yup. Nick and Alyssum's kiddies~ :) So look forward for that after we timeskip. Other things, that I don't feel the need to disclose, will be wound into the plot rug as well, so... yeah.

Any questions or comments, feel free to toss them at me like rotten tomatoes~ <3 hahaha

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:57 pm

This is to everyone besides Oran...

Please don't let this RP die. :/
It sorta means a bunch to me...

If you want more people to interact with, I'll open this through another recruiting thread to more people... Please, just let me know. XD

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!