Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Alas, Babylon [OOC // Signups]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Alas, Babylon [OOC // Signups]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sxxy_pup666 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:03 pm

I kinda need Ms.Hunt. Kyra wants to find her father! ^-^ PLEASE
PeaceLoveHappiness

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sxxy_pup666
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Sure thing, pup~ :D
Just have her head to Ms. Hunt's office. She'll be glad to help. XDDD
y do i have a ฦ’ฮตฮตโ„“เน€ษณษ  แต—สฐโฑหข โฑหข แตƒ แดกแด‡ษชส€แด…สŸส แด‡สŸแด€ส™แดส€แด€แด›แด‡ ีโ„โ…ˆtโ„™แชีt

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sxxy_pup666 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:19 pm

kk. i'll do that now.

sxxy_pup666
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sans Delilah on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Hey there.

I'd like to get in on this, if I may.

I looooooove RPs like this.

Though forty-something pages of RP is a lot to wade through...

Do I post a profile here and wait to be approved, and then post it in the character thread?
Narci/18/m/NM
Characters: Anto Varyse
Current RPGs
Sith Empire: OOC; IC
ImageImageImage
Please rate my posts. It would be much appreciated. :)

sans Delilah
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:12 pm

Thanks for inquiring about joining~

You may join if you so choose! When you post your profile, I'll check it out, and if you're approved I'll let you know (then you may post it in the character thread). Furthermore, I'll fill you in on the most important events in the RP, and if you're not really sure on how to jump in, just let me know, and I can give you some ideas, okay? :)

I can't wait to see your profile!

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sans Delilah on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Awesome, thank you!

[[ I would like to be considered... ]]
-Name:
Jake Jones
-Nickname:
Genius
-Orientation:
Who knows? He's waaay too socially awkward to even think about dating.
-Race/What are you?:
Evolved Human
-Powers:
Genius' mind works in the same way as a computer with unlimited storage capacity, only much faster. He is able to perform several mental functions at once without losing focus on any of them. Also, this allows him to instantly recall specific information with incredible speed and accuracy. He's able to store everything that she experiences in a photographic memory and retrieve it immediately without the typical human pause for thought. The sheer speed of his thoughts led into augmenting his analytical ability so that she is able to make snap decisions about her surroundings and create complex scenarios at that same speed. As such, Genius is able to track the probability of an event by piecing together stored data and is able to perform multiple tasks at once by allocating a partition of his brain to each task. For example, Genius can use his mind to replay a movie he had watched previously, play a game of internet chess, and focus on battling an opponent without any one task distracting her from another. He also has the ability to absorb a person's knowledge by simply touching them. He doesn't receive their memories, just the facts they know, and their skills.
Personality:
As a result of his ability, Genius has become distanced from people. He is incredibly awkward in social situations, and shows some mild signs of Asperger's Syndrome. People find him odd, as upon meeting people, he shakes their hand, and immediately starts to analyze their knowledge vocally, which freaks them out. He's one of the smartest humans on the planet, but in many ways, he's still an emotional child.
Books, Movies, the internet, all things he can absorb.
Dislikes:
Social situations, being talked down to, parties.
Appearance:
Genius has brown, unkempt hair and blue eyes. He doesn't shave nearly as often as he should, and his fashion sense is less than amazing.
History:
Genius always excelled in school, but never socially. He's been picked on his entire life, which led to his enrollment at Babylon. His teachers always considered him highly intelligent, and he aced every class and every test, seemingly without effort. He was almost expelled from middle school when he was suspected of cheating on tests.
Room:
Grey Room

::Daily Schedule (Mon - Fri)::
BREAKFAST
Period One: English
Period Two: French/German
Period Three: Lunch/Study Hall
Period Four: Personal Power Class
Period Five: Science/Math
FREE FOR REST OF DAY

sans Delilah
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 pm

I absolutely love him! You are most definitely accepted~ He's very different from the majority of the characters; I like the full spectrum of personalities and abilities under the roof of Babylon... :)

So... lets see... a recap of important events. I'm going to try to make this as small as possible, while still relaying important information to you.

~~1~~ All student's arrived at Babyon... (while, the majority of them have just dropped out of the roleplay without further notice, I like to say that the school is pretty full up with students, though only a few of them are actually being roleplayed...)
~~2~~ Everyone began classes, and relationships formed....
~~3~~ Random junk went on... yeah, some non important events...
~~4~~ Two of the students were killed in a freak incident with library shelves (haha dont ask XD)
~~5~~ So, we had a timeskip of about a month into the school year (because we went like, two days in 30 pages. yes; insane...) That is where we are currently time-wise. New students have arrived late into the school...
~~6~~ One of the characters - Alyssum (my character, actually XD) - is pregnant, and just found out they're twins. The baby daddy, Nick (character played by Oran Tarlin) is pretty excited about this... [Because this is a mutant birth, between two mutant parents, its sped up, so she only has to carry the children for a total of five months, and she's a month in.]
~~7~~ Nicks younger sister Xen tried to kill Alyssum because of the children, and because she was with Nick.
~~8~~ Nicks older brother Sean, who was pretending to be Nick, helped to get Xen away from Alyssum ("killing" Xen in the process). There was this whole fiasco with the headmistress (Willow Hunt) and "Nick" (Sean) cheating on Alyssum with her... Its been resolved...
~~9~~ And as of current, Xen is trying to come back, while the rest of the students of Babylon are unaware. Kyra (played by pup) is currently searching for her father...

Locations of characters:

Nick: currently in his room
Alyssum: In her room, playing candyland with Benny
Benny: in Alyssum's room, playing candyland with her, and his "created" friends.
Kyra: In Headmistress Hunt's office
Headmistress Hunt: In her office

Now, there are others who I'm assuming might still be in the RP, maybe... But, I won't include their locations...

Wow, so yeah. I hope that wasn't too confusing.
You could always just have him coming in late to the school? Thats what I suggested for some of the others who joined late.

Oh, and I would like it to be noted, that I'll be instating another timeskip sooner than later. This RP moves slowly, while moving quickly. Though, its slowed down a LOT since its beginning. haha
But, I'll let you get comfortable in it before I do anything~ :)

*bashes head against a wall a couple of times before going downstairs to do her AP European History work*
>.>

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sans Delilah on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 am

Thanks for the run-through, Gorie, it was very helpful.

And thank you as well to whomever gave my post five stars!

I appreciate it, and am quite pleased with Genius.

:D

sans Delilah
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 pm

No problem; for both the rating and for the run-through. :) You've got a lot of talent~

Also, as soon as I finish doing my filming for my Macbeth final project, I'll be posting again. Soooo yeah. I figured I'd get that out there. haha

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KittyMii on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:32 pm

Yo.
May I partake in this, please?

*Copy/pastes old character profile layout*

Name:
Luke O'Kacey
Nickname:
Skipper
Orientation:
Bisexual
Race/What are you?:
Human ~ Pyrokinetic
Powers:
Pyrokinesis ~ Control over fire. Can also start a spark in the palm of his hand, but nothing huge. He could set fire to anything with this miniscule flame, though.
Personality:
Easily distracted. VERY easily distracted.
Luke is a bit crazy at times, hyper, especially if he is given candy.
He will have his emotional moments, though they rarely occur in public.
He is friendly and approachable, but a bit too shy to make the first move, he will sit and wait for someone to come to him.
Rock/alternative, bright colours, shiny thing, basically anything that can distract him, climbing trees, romance, candy. Don't get me started on how much he loves candy.
Dislikes:
Being rejected, failing at something he tried hard at or that matters to him.
Appearance:
History:
Luke isn't one of those exceptional people with a dark past and whatnot. There's been depression and breakups and makeups and whatnots, but nothing a normal teenager wouldn't go through.
It wasn't in his first intentions to go to Babylon; he was keeping his power a pretty good secret until he accidentally burned someone's cheek while punching them across the face.

Room:
The Silver Room

BREAKFAST
Period One: History
Period Two: Art/Science
Period Four: Maths
Period Five: PPC/English
FREE FOR REST OF DAY
Last edited by KittyMii on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

KittyMii
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KittyMii on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:47 pm

GAH.
While reading over character profiles I realized that Skipper is so very similar to Alexi Reznov. oAo
Shall I change him? D:

KittyMii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:00 pm

KittyMii~ I love the profile - accepted!

And yes, the character is close to Alexi, but it seems as if he dropped out a while ago. As this thread is quite old, I can no longer edit the original post. XD

There are really only a few characters left.
Those are the ones that have posted recently in the IC thread. :3
So it'll be great to have a new addition to the Babylon family <3

Post in the IC whenever you're ready~ :3

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KittyMii on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:39 am

Thank youuu :3
*Runs off to IC*

KittyMii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KittyMii on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:39 am

Thank youuu :3
*Runs off to IC*

KittyMii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShiningSaber on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:43 am

Yes, I want to create another charecter. Why, you ask? Simple. I like creating charecters.. That, and I have not been able to unleash my creativity into a story for so long. So, I'm spilling it into this RP.

Name: Nikki Carter
Nickname:
Orientation: Straight
Race/What are you?: Dark Lord. Controls small groups of impish minions (As all good Dark Lords do), Can create and control lightning. Is superstrong in her left arm.
Personality: She has a sort of split personality. The dominant half is shy, easily scared, and reserved. Except to her minions and her boyfriend Shadow, in which case she is a little more bold. The other half, which only takes over when she is frightened, is feral. The only way to describe it. It will not stop until the threat is neutralized.
Dislikes: Being left alone for too long. Extremely hyper people. Being scared. Extremely well light places.
Appearance: Average size for her age, Nikki has blond hair on the right side of her head, and blue on her left. Whatever she wears, it's always black on her left, for reasons unknown. The eye on her left is red, while the right has a blue eye. She normally wears some sort of blouse and jeans. On her left arm and hand is knight's armor, also black.
History: Nikki lived with her Mom and Dad for all of her life. She lived quietly until her first boyfriend Shadow came along. His arrival seemed to trigger a chain of events. Or, it could have been a coincidence. When she was 13, she was struck by black lightning. A few hours after that incident, she started to change. Her Mom called every doctor in New york, but none of them knew what to make of this. Another incident she refuses to talk about to this day forced her to wear Knight's Armor on her hand. She broke up with Shadow befor ehe left, only because she thought they would never see each other again. Once she heard her mom had decided to send her to Babylon, she was overjoyed. And Shadow is none the wiser.........
Room: First 2
BREAKFAST
Period One: History
Period Two: Personal Power Class/Science
Period Four: Math
Period Five: English/Gym
FREE FOR REST OF DAY
That Building wasn't there last time, I swear!

ShiningSaber
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Sounds like a fun character, Shadow.
Accepted. <3

By the way, I'll be posting IC later tonight.
Oh, and I'm trying to figure some way to incorporated Kitty's character into the RP. Do you think you'd be able to do that with your new character, Shadow? I hate to ask, but I don't want to leave her out~ haha ^^

SithFaced
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KittyMii on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:09 pm

*Feels noticed* o3o

KittyMii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Oh KittyMii, random question, would you like your character to find a genie? Because that's currently in the works... A little out of place, but yea... I have a Genie just sort of sitting around.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KittyMii on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Are we talking rub-a-lamp-make-a-wish-genie? รณ.รณ

KittyMii
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Yea actually, very rare in the roleplay world, I'll admit, but for this particular storyline, he's relevant.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!