Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Apotheosis (OOC and app thread. Critiques please!)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Apotheosis (OOC and app thread. Critiques please!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos_Rose on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:46 pm

(First RP on this forum, not my first RP ever. Critiques are very appreciated. Here I use "deities" in place of "gods and goddesses", not like the gods of different religions.)

You lie in the darkness of your room, the dim light of the half-moon streaming through your window. Your conscious self now no longer exists, and in its place is a dream. You see a golden light, and the silhouettes of six people dressed in long robes. One of them steps forward, holds out its hand, and speaks.

"Our time is coming to an end, and the demons draw near. At this rate the heavens will be taken over. We must select the next deities. Please, do not fail us." Put the word "alphabet" in your application, next to "Anything else?". The light fades away, along with the silhouettes, and you suddenly jerk awake. You'd heard about gods contacting humans in dreams somewhere and your knowledge of them comes to mind, but you quickly shake the thought. Either you believe in more or fewer gods, none at all, or you simply don't think they would contact you in particular. You close your eyes again, for tomorrow is a weekday and you can't waste any precious sleep time. It was just a dream, after all.

Plot

The six deities of the earth are dying. Though their lives are long, all things must come to an end, so they must choose their next successors. Those who dreamed of the deities were touched by them, and now must meet with their deity, learn the skills needed to protect the world, and defeat the demons that threaten to invade the heavens and kill the deities.

Basic Information

Your first post must have your character step into a portal, which appears as a disc of light on the ground. The deities make sure that absolutely nobody is watching, including security cameras, when they open the portal. The portal leads to a small floating island, of which I will post a drawing. It is about a quarter way done, so put the word "soup" in your application. The characters will wait there until everyone has arrived, and then the story will start. I will be controlling your characters for a tiny part at the beginning to save time, but nothing that would use their personalities. After that I'll leave them alone.

Island of the Gods

The Island of the Gods is where the deities reside, a continent in the sky in an alternate plane where the Mortal's Heaven, the Demon's Island, and the Mortal's Hell are. To the very north is a mountain range where the five main rivers start. The two on the west converge about an eighth of the way south, and the two on the east come together just a little ways farther north. The center and left river join in the middle of the continent, and the remaining two join three-quarters of the way south. The City of Wind is at the base of the southernmost mountain, City of Water is just a bit north of the northeastern-most junction, the City of Earth is at the next convergence to the south, the City of Fire is at the next convergence, the City of Life at the next, and the City of Poison is just a ways north from the southernmost edge of the continent. The spirits and angels that live in each city built and now maintain intricate series of aqueducts and filters so that the river is just as pristine as it was when it came from the mountain as it is at the Final Falls, where the river drops off the continent. The Final Falls are the portal to Demon's Island, and the demons are planning to use it to reach the Island of the Gods. The Poison spirits and angels are doing their best to keep them at bay, but the toxic plants in the area can only stand so much draining.

Deities

The current deities are the sixth generation, and they were chosen in the year 104 A.D. They, like the next chosen deities, used to be normal people. Each deity belongs to an element, and has secondary and tertiary powers as well.

The deity of wind can raise and lower the concentration of gasses, change the direction of the wind, cause the air to expand and contract, etc. He/she represents learning, schools, and knowledge, along with music and instruments.

The deity of water can pull water from vapor in the air, move and shape water at his/her will, etc. He/she represents healing along with acting.

The deity of earth can pull rocks from the ground, raise pillars to get to high places, cause earthquakes, etc. He/she represents exploration and adventuring along with sculpting and carving.

The deity of fire can set things on fire, move flame through the air, control lava, etc. He/she represents war along with culinary arts. Put the word "is" in your application.

The deity of life can summon plants, control animals, make an object come to life for a short period of time, etc. He/she represents light and the sun along with drawing and painting.

The deity of poison can collect toxins from the plants around him/her, poison things, cause disease, etc. He/she represents sleep and dreams along with literature.

Rules and Suggestions

1. No godmodding, powerplaying, Gary Lous or Mary Sues, auto-hits, and the like. I will give you two warnings before I give points. Points if broken: 1/2
2. Some romance is allowed, but please, please, please keep the gushy stuff to a minimum. I know that you can come up with better material than romance. I will give you four warnings before I give points. Points if broken: 1/4
3. Be respectful to your fellow RPers. If someone is having a romantic conversation, you should only have your character barge in on them if they're taking too long :) I will give you three warnings before I give points. Points if broken: 1/4
4. No chat speak. Use correct grammar and spelling, and if you're unsure of what kind of they're (their, there), your (you're) or its (it's) to use, by all means, check first or ask me. I'd be very happy to help you, honest. Don't be afraid to tell someone else that they have an incorrect word in their post, as everyone needs to help to make this the best role play it can be! No points if broken, but you will get stern warnings if it's bad enough.
5. Put the word "delicious" in your application along with the others. No warnings. Points if broken: 3
6. No gore. You can have blood, but please don't describe the demon's insides. That's just unnecessary. Warnings: three. Points if broken: 1/2
7. Three points, and you're outta here. I will take over your characters if they were accepted at all, or someone else may take them if they want.
8. If you change your post after a warning, then that warning will be canceled. This is also true for points.
9. The OP is not exempt from these rules. If you call me on one, I will not hesitate to give myself points if more than one person agrees.

Here's how to use the horrors of the English language:
Your: Possessive "you". I am going to YOUR house. That is YOUR wallet.
You're: A contraction meaning "You are". YOU'RE going to want that sandwich. YOU'RE not going anywhere.
There: In or at that place. That house is over THERE. I'm having a party THERE.
Their: Possessive "they". THEIR house is by the corner. I like THEIR music.
They're: Contraction meaning "They are". THEY'RE going to move out soon. Do you think THEY'RE going to take that cake?
It's: Contraction meaning "it is." IT'S pretty cold today. Do you think IT'S going to rain?
Its: Possessive "it". ITS fur is wet. Do you like ITS color?

Characters

As well as a human character, you need to make a deity. Obviously, the deity you make will be guiding your human character. The deities have known each other for a bit under two thousand years, but the humans have never seen nor heard of each other. Your human character should have something to do with the secondary and tertiary attributes of your deity.

Character Application

Human
Username:
Character name: (Remember that this will start in a modern/realistic setting)
Age and gender:
Physical description/picture: (Any style of picture is allowed)
Personality: (At the very least, three things that describe your character)
Other:
Anything else?:

Deity
Username:
Character name: (May be abstract)
Physical description/picture:
Personality:
Other:

Available deities:
Wind [X]
Water [ ]
Earth [ ]
Fire [ ]
Life [ ]
Poison [ ]

Characters

Humans

Username: Chaos_Rose
Character name: Lisa Wood
Age and gender: Female, 18
Physical description/picture: Lisa has a somewhat angular chin and thin features. Her dark brown hair comes down to the middle of her back, but she always ties it up in a bun. She typically wears tennis shoes, a t-shirt and cotton pants, because she thinks jeans are too restricting and she would need every bit of agility she had if, say, she was suddenly attacked by a wolf while in the woods. She also wears a white wristwatch and likes to wear dark blues and grays, but sometimes experiments with brighter colors. She has blue-green eyes and a triangular birthmark on her collarbone, and is 5' 6''.
Personality: Lisa is the kind of person that is afraid of being rude, and usually doesn't interfere with anyone else's business. She is somewhat shy, but she has a volcanic temper, something that has made her famous in her grade. She has always wished for something spectacular to happen, and daydreams frequently in class. She hates routines and is somewhat lazy, but if an outcome or process is something she likes, she's all for it.
Other: She plays the oboe in her school's orchestra and sometimes improvises songs when she's alone.

Deities

Username: Chaos_Rose
Character name: Tiberius Novius Scaro (Simply called Novius)
Element: Wind
Physical description/picture: Novius looks 25 years old, and has short, curly, blond hair. He has brown eyes, has a small scar on his chin, and wears a toga virilis over a tunica angusticlavia (http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/clothing.html) with calcei (http://armillum.com/tienda/images/ARMILLUM/calcei.jpg). He removes his toga before combat, as it's gotten torn more than once.
Personality: He's usually seen with a smile on his face and is typically a courteous person, but with his students he's not afraid to go back to corporal punishment, which was common practice in the primary school where he taught before he became a god. He has a habit of sneaking up on people, but it's usually done unintentionally, as he's a naturally quiet walker. He's chipper, but knows when to get serious, and is deadly in combat.
Other: Novius carries a thin birch branch in the folds of his toga, which he uses if one of his students gets a question wrong, and sometimes as a regular weapon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Apotheosis (OOC and app thread. Critiques please!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kataluna_Destiny on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Human
Username: kataluna_destiny
Character name: Rosalina Martone
Age and gender: 17--Female
Physical description/picture: Image
Personality: Rosalina is an intelligent teenager. Every day she sees as a new adventure with the oppertunity to learn at every turn. She wastes no time in the day by getting up early and going to bed late at night. In addition, she is sweet and caring with the ablitiy to assist anyone who would ask for her help.
Other: Because learning is her life, she almost always carries a book around with her that helps her with any situation at hand.

Deity
Username: kataluna_destiny
Character name: Anastasia Adelff
Element: Life
Physical description/picture: Image
Personality: Anastasia is a nuturing woman who does her best to take everyone she can under her wing. When someone is protected by her, they can be certain they will have the greatest protection. She is also artistic by nature and can make even the more horrid of landscapes the most beautiful with a simple wave of her hand.
Other: All of her power is channeled through her hands. However, if she need to use the plants around her to protect someone she deeply cares about, she can do so.

I don't know if that is the only detail you wanted me to get into but if you want more just let me know. Thanks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kataluna_Destiny
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos_Rose on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Yay, we have our next player! Celebrations abound! *Fireworks~*

Yeah, that's perfectly fine, although I would assume that Rosalina would be the one chosen by the Novius instead of Anastasia, but you can keep it that way.

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kataluna_Destiny on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Perhaps. However, learning can apply to anything. Having Rosalina learn the ways of light and life would make her under Anastasia's gift. It's just how I see it. lol

Kataluna_Destiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos_Rose on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 pm

True. And I actually thought about it a lot today, and I think that you should keep it that way, but do whatever you like.

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kataluna_Destiny on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:02 pm

I'm just going to keep it. I like it. =D

Kataluna_Destiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos_Rose on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:03 pm

Is it legal to bump topics? As you can see, I'm new to this forum XD Agh, we need four more people... *Waits impatiently while nomming a muffin*

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!