Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Fall of Azazel-OOC (Mature-Read rules and warnings)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Fall of Azazel-OOC (Mature-Read rules and warnings)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:00 am

After the ending of the creation of Gaia and the realm it occupied, The Creator decided that He had no desire to partake in the existence of His realm. He decided to instead create two supreme beings to watch over His world for Him. He made them both in the direct image of His countenance. One to be the embodiment of His ultimate kindness and goodness, whom He named her Yertreis, and of all beings in His universe she was the most beautiful of all. Every single word of beauty, ineffable or otherwise, derived from her being, and trickled down by her later angels into the world. The other He made in the image of His sublime power and unmentionable wrath. This one he named Azazel, and like his other half, Yertreis, he was beautiful beyond description, and the embodiment of what was to be known as masculinity. Yet, by his own nature as was intended by Him, his mere presence stirred fear upon all who did not bow to his command. And thus, having made His two Reagents, He withdrew from His universe, and disappeared to whence He came.

For Millennia uncounted, Yertreis and Azazel ruled among the heavens, each balancing the powers of the other. Gifted with their Father's powers of creation, they continued his work upon the cosmos. Together, they created the Seraphim to populate the heavens and do their bidding, and the Demyans to uphold their laws and carry the responsibility of protecting the souls of their subjects. All was perfect upon Eden, the name they chose for what later became known as the heavens. However, there was one thing that from the beginning made the whole affair destined to fail. Whether because it was a flaw in the design of The Creator, or a part of His plan all the time, Yertreis and Azazel both carried the intelligence of the Creator, and most importantly of all the things he had endowed them with, free will. To this day, none know who struck first or why. Some say Yertreis and Azazel disagreed upon the matter of Man, for she wanted yet another creature of light, and Azazel wanted Man to carry evil before all else, but somehow, Man ended up being a creature of both, and thus gained a free will. Whatever the real reason, Azazel and Yertreis had a tremendous disagreement, and for hundreds of years, the heavens rang with their fury at one another. Then suddenly, without explanation, the balance that was perfect was broken, and whether Yertreis gained a moment of evil, or Azazel gained a moment of weakness was never ascertained. Azazel found himself exiled from Eden, which itself was split into three parts. Heaven, The Middle Ground, and Hell. The power of creation was torn away from Azazel, among with his godly form, and he was forced to take refuge in Hell from time immemorial. The Master Plan was no more, as far as the Created could tell and the universe was in chaos. Meanwhile, Azazel slept, weak and broken, left in the care of his three trusted Seraphim’s, made by him in his own fashion, and the Demyans who had more in common with him than her.

For a thousand years Azazel slept, and when he awoke, he was furious to see what he had been reduced to. He could no longer create with a thought, or bend by his will. But his nature was unchanged, and his power though diminished, still was a force to be reckoned with. And thus the battle of Hell against Heaven began. Azazel, the Prince of Darkness, feared by Man and Seraphim alike, and Yertreis, sole mistress of the heavens. Azazel bowed to reduce the world to ashes, and bring forth the evil of Yertreis to light, while she deemed him evil, and bowed to imprison him for eternity. And in the midst of it all, stood the many creatures of the underworld, middle world, and over world. Two sides, two causes, or so it seemed, for who can really judge the will and thoughts of the only two true Immortals?

(Link to the IC: The Fall of Azazel-IC)

Well, hello there my fellow denizens of RPG. Welcome to my newest adventure and first epic I introduce to these, the esteemed halls of Role Play Gateway. I bring to you, a vast open world in which at any given time you can join in and be a part of, whether it is in being involved in the main plot, or enjoying a leisurely evening killing villagers and burning houses (Or trying to stop someone doing so, but, meh, where is the fun in that?) I realize a lot of you are used to rather quick-paced guided role plays. This is not one of those. While there indeed will be a major plot that I will partake in, and lead any who chose, it is indeed quite optional, and you have the freedom to join and leave it as you will. The major theme of this RP is the fight between seemingly evil and good. Seemingly being the key-word, for as you embark in this venture, I will show you what happens when the lines of morality are blurred to the point of non-existence. This is not going to be a happy place, and even a happy ending will be bitter-sweet at best, because remember, killing evil and triumphing, does not change the fact you killed, and what you view as evil, views you as evil. So come, abandon all hope, and join or attempt to hinder as the very persona of the devil attempts to reduce the world to ashes. Will you burn, fight the fire, or do the burning? The choice, is yours.

Now, I will give you a highlight of the story, races, and some notes on the character development process, along with the all important rules.

Story: The story, in case you did not gather from the writing up there (Or did not bother to read, and scrolled down here to see what the heck this is all about) is about the forces of (seemingly) good and evil battling each other. The Rp I'm envisioning is going to be a grim one, where goodness is not as shiny as Man thinks, and darkness even darker. It will be a rather mature role-play, not just because it is open to all sorts of things within reason and the loose rules of RPG, but because of the very themes it will touch. It will be rife with death, treason, disappointment, evil, and the rest. It will be a sort of dark fantasy, if you need a specific genre. I myself will take the role of Azazel, while the role of Yertreis will remain mostly as a behind the scenes character unless I arbitrarily deem it otherwise. Now, I suppose I should make the rest of the information you need neat and tidy shouldn't I?

Setting: The story will take place in a period known to humanity as the Dark Ages. In other words, as far as Man goes, it's medieval. It can and will take place in three realms: Hell, Heaven, and what we know as Earth, with Earth being the primary plane, and the starting point for everyone. Anywhere you can think of to start is fine, but in the interest of simplicity, I will eventually focus the action in a very Europe-y land.

A few places of interest are:

The city of Bellanuva-The center of the known human world, where all learning and fashion springs into the four corners of what the humans consider their world. Major landmarks are: The Arcanum University, where all matters are studied. The High Plaza, a gigantic open square, and the very center of commerce in the world. Bellanuva Castle, home to the Monarchs who rule upon the city and all the lands around it. And the Dark Slums, the place where the lowest of the lowest lay, and where things not human are said to mingle in humanity’s affairs. Humans being the busy beings they are, are always building and remodeling, and changing, and doing this and that. As a result, one can find almost anything in the city of Bellanuva.

The 9th circle of Hell-The center of Hell, and home to Vlak Master of Shadows, Prime of the Demyans, the highest of all demons, who runs Hell and was created personally and solely by Azazel before his fall. Major Landmarks are: It’s hell folks, not a tourist spot. The Road of Pain connects all the circles of hell, should you somehow find yourself down there. It winds down in a spiral into the lower circles, and is heavily guarded by demons of all order. Upon the entrance to The Road of Pain sits Cerberus, a demon in the form of a three headed dog who guards entrance into hell. It is said that the Damned Ones roam around in Hell from time to time, sending messages between Azazel and his loyal servant Vlak. The Damned Ones are the three Seraphim whom Azazel made in his image, and carry powers rivaled only by The Immortals or the Holy Three. It is said that any wishing to ally with Azazel are wise to seek their approval first, as they are very adamant in insisting their Master’s time is not wasted.

New Eden- The Jewel of the Heavens, and the holiest bastion of light. Angels and all souls deemed holy live here. It is guarded by the 7th order Archangels, warrior Seraphim’s combining the goodness of Yertreis and the power of Azazel. It is ruled by the Holy Three, three Seraphim’s of unspeakable power, created by Yertreis herself to counter Azazel’s Damned Ones. In the midst of it all, Yertreis herself is said to live, but none who live, ever lived, or walk dead know for a fact, as Immortals are accountable by none. It is said that only Azazel and Yertreis know how to gain entrance to the deepest part of Eden. Major Landmarks are: The Saintly Gates, entrance into New Eden. The Tower of the Moon and Sun, home to the cradle of Magic. And the Uroboros Chamber, rumored entrance to the Other Side of New Eden, where Yertreis and Azazel first lived, and where the power of Creation first placed them.

NOTE: This are only a few places I have named for those who want a location to guide them. You are all welcomed and encouraged to invent your own settings.

Races: You have unprecedented liberty here folks. As long as you can argue it is fit for a "fantasy" you can have it. Humans, Angels, Demons, Vampires (Please, I highly value the Children of the Night, so don't butcher them. They need not be the old style though I would prefer it, but I swear, if you try to say they are sparkly, I will not only ignore you, I will also not acknowledge the fact you are a sentient being entirely), Lycans, Elves, Dwarfs, Gnomes, Ponies, I don't care. As long as you can properly role play as whatever it is you chose, I am fine with that.

Character Development: You will not need to adhere to any specific "Character Skeleton" or "Bio Sheet" or whatever. In fact, by all means, if you feel like it, jump right in and go "naked" or "sheet less". If you chose to do so however, somewhere in the first post, there needs to be a substantial description of what and who you are. Few that I have seen here can pull that off, but if you can go ahead. For those who do make a "Character Sheet" A few lines won't cover it. I will judge each character on a separate case basis, but the general rule is, none of those Mary Sue's or Anti-Mary Sue's or whatever the hell you guys like to call it. You know, the bland tasteless guys and gals. Below is a sample template for you to use should you feel the need for it. It is by no means all inclusive, and can be edited for your purposes. I recommend using it, but like I said, each character is judged by it’s own merit, and you need not use it to get accepted.

Name:
Race:
Appearance: (All pictures must be backed with a written description, mostly for the fact that I want to see if you could do without it if you had to, rather than take the easy way out)
Usual Clothing/Armor: (At the very least, what you are starting out with)
Weapons:
Magic and/or other abilities (Including Race inherent abilities, such as a Vampire's preternatural speed or a Lycan's sense of smell)
Bio(graphy):(Who is your character? What has their life been, up to this point?)
Other:(Whatever else you might wish to add or tell me about your character)

Rules: Due to the fact that this will be a "Serious" and "Mature" role-play, I expect any who wish to participate to act accordingly in character. If you are a joker by nature, but wish to role-play a serious Dwarf, make sure he doesn't skip from place to place while humming the theme of Miley Cyrus's latest single, or whatever kids are into these days. There will not be a one-liner EVER. I simply will not tolerate them, and by joining the RP you are consenting to this. There is simply no excuse to a one-liner in here. Three paragraphs at least, and if that is all you can really manage, I fear for Humanity's power of creation, but alas, I'll take you. Also, posts should be descriptive, literate, and consist of more than just dialogue or action. No Godmodding, in any form, however mild, without the consent of the other role player. Draining the blood of NPC 48, perfectly fine. Biting into Johnny the Knight's Jugular without him having a chance to defend himself, very very bad. Cursing is allowed in character as much as you want, within reason. Last I checked, nuns don't curse much, so if you role-play one, watch the language. If on the other hand you're a sailor... And lastly, by all means, if you feel like it, have romance, but try to keep it real. Even love at first sight requires some substance. I don't really care what you do outside of these rules, as this RP will be very open. All that I ask is that you keep it realistic (Fantasy wise, if that makes sense, if not I'll let you know when you slip), and don't be afraid of the darkness. I do however, hold the power of final say in any matter regarding the rules naturally, and by joining, you consent to respect them to the best of your ability and the smallest extent of my tyranny.

Note:Yes, I have changed the rules, and yes, I have made them a bit more strict. Yes, I can do that, and yes, I have a reason for doing so. Anyone who is unsure on what I expect for the new changes to be carried out, feel free to PM me with questions, and I will explain. I also want to add that this role-play is to be focused on quality and not quantity. There is no need to post every day, but I do expect every post to be your very best.

Important NOTE: This role-play is not based on any religion, and the liberties I have taken on it's stories are my own ideas and not meant to insult anyone's belief system. If you do not like it, or can't be mature enough to realize it is not "real" then by all means, stay OUT of it.

My Characters: (Here I will post the characters who are under my control, along with any bios I attribute them. Not every character I will use will have a bio.)

Main Plot Line Characters:

Azazel

Vlak, Master of Shadows

The Holy Three: Adam, Eve, Cain

The Damned Ones: Abel, Lilith, Lucian. (Lilith is again under my control, until Lady Ethereal has the ability to return to us, or if she lets me know she can not, and I decide someone else is up to the task.)

Cerberus, Guardian of Hell

Minor/Optional Plot Line Characters:

None at this moment.

Now, here I will post Azazel’s bio, just so you know who you are dealing with.

Name: Azazel. AKA: The Prince of Darkness, The Dark One, The Devil, Lucifer, The Divine Joke, The Immortal, Corruptor of Souls. Among many others.

Age: Uncountable. Born with the first sigh of Creation. It has been 1000 years since his exile from Eden.

Race: Immortal Reagent to the Creator. Sole Personification of Evil. Creator of the Seven Sins.

Appearance: Azazel’s physical form is 6’6” in height, and about 250 lbs in weight when his wings are displayed. His skin is the very definition of purest white marble, as the Creator intended. No veins or other signs of an internal working are visible. No blemishes or scars mar his ancient body, and thus give him the appearance on a man on his very prime.

His facial features are defined only as supple yet rough. A sharp yet small nose. Slightly prominent brow. Perfectly round yet sharp jaw and chin. Evenly spaced eyes. His hair is the color of Jet, a jewel he fashioned after his own hair in a moment of narcissism. It flows long and un-tamed just past his shoulder, with an eerie natural parting curtain in the front revealing his whole face at all times. His eyebrows are thick but naturally taper to fine points, giving him an everlasting expression of malice. His eye lashes are naturally curved and sharply visible in contrast to his eyes. His eyes are perfectly white without veins in them, with blood red pupils. Or rather blood is the color of his pupils, for he chose that color for the blood of men. His teeth are starkly white, and his top two fangs are razor sharp, and his inspiration in the creation of Vampires. His ears are pointed yet about the same length of the average human ear.

His hands are equally long, and his fingers somewhere perfectly between stubby and thin. His nails are about half an inch long and as sharp as a sword edge. His legs are also of equal length, and not unlike humans in shape, with the exception of an extra bone in the heel, acting as a plate to both smooth his landing from flight, and to facilitate the crushing of things from skulls to ribs. His toe nails are short and rather safer than his nails.

Azazel’s body frame is somewhat lithe, with the muscles being toned and clearly visible, yet not overly bulging. Upon his back are six pairs of wing. They are all feathered in black with crimson at their tips. The two largest ones sit in the middle of his shoulder blades and are considerably larger than that of common angels. At the tip of them is a razor sharp talon.

Usual Clothing/Armor: Azazel usually garbs himself all in black. In order to blend in with man and enjoy his sport with them more, he dresses himself in a long free flowing cloak. Underneath it, he usually chooses to wear a simple outfit of black trousers, black buckled shoes, and a black tunic top. He wears a single item of jewelry. A necklace of a platinum like metal with a small diamond like stone containing a liquid like quicksilver. None know what it is, and all those who are careless enough to ask seem to be reduced to ashes without an explanation. They say his Damned Ones who what it is, but asking them seems to go little better.

Weapons: Azazel carries a single physical weapon. A simple looking short sword fashioned with the same metal as his necklace. Upon the blade are inscribed runes fashioned with jet in a language that only Two people in the world can understand. On the sword’s guard is wrapped a lock of golden red hair. It is said that the sword was a gift from Yertreis herself to Azazel when they were still in terms, and that the hair is her own. Much like his necklace, those who ask too much of Azazel about it seldom live long.

Magic and/or other abilities: No one who roams the earth, either living or dead, seems to know the true extent of Azazel’s powers. While he can no longer create or alter reality with a thought, that does not seem to stop him from being able to render it asunder in a variety of ways just as easily. Fire seems to be a rather personal favorite, and reducing the world to ashes a motto he seems to take rather seriously.

Note: Yes, Azazel breaks all the nice laws of balance. Going after him directly is greatly discouraged. And yet, I, the person behind the character, know and revere the rules of Godmodding, and even with a “God-like” character, you might come at me with a sharpened stick, and still get a fair treatment. Just remember, it is not wise to stand in the way of an Immortal.

Well, folks, there is the role-play. Post your characters or permission to go “Sheet less” now. If you do wish to go “Sheet less” You’ll have to PM me your first IC post before actually making it public for my approval. Read all the rules, and all the bold headings or ask me for any info you do not understand, as posting here signifies your consent to all of the above, and you will be held accountable. Well, with that grim prospect out of the way, let’s get even more grim: Post and let the Darkness begin!
Last edited by Dashmiel on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Re: The Fall of Azazel-OOC (Mature-Read rules and warnings)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:48 am

Well...just thought it would make it easier for people to just select the Cs and then get to work, without spending time making it look fancy and all.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (All pictures must be backed with a written description, mostly for the fact that I want to see if you could do without it if you had to, rather than take the easy way out)
[b]Usual Clothing/Armor:[/b] (At the very least, what you are starting out with)
[b]Weapons:[/b]
[b]Magic and/or other abilities:[/b] (Including Race inherent abilities, such as a Vampire's preternatural speed or a Lycan's sense of smell)
[b]Bio(graphy):[/b](Who is your character? What has their life been, up to this point?)
[b]Other:[/b](Whatever else you might wish to add or tell me about your character)

Here is Ichor! (Warning, this is suppose to be a serious and joking character, so don't be surprised by his random acting in the RP)

Real Name
Tall-Li

Alias & Most Commonly Known By
Ichor

True age, unknown. Presumed age: 500 years

Race
Undead, lich. Was a former human, though he had the height of a dwarf.

Height
125 cm (4 feet and 1.21 inches)

Weight
54 kg

Hair
White. Due to the many centuries that Ichor has lived through, he is almost bald, thin strings of hair on the back of his head, which he usually covers up with a hood.

Eyes
Ichor’s eyes are brown, but unlike the living creatures, his eyes has long since dried out though Ichor uses minor illusion spells to make them look somewhat lively.

Skin Color
Grey, from the centuries of decaying, and there are several spots, especially on his chest, where the skin has decayed completely away, displaying his brown-white bones.

Facial appearance
Ichor certainly doesn’t have the prettiest face to look upon, in fact it is a rumor that he’s so ugly that mirrors breaks when he looks at them.

Ichor doesn’t have much meat left on his face, making it look very emaciated and dried out. His nose is at the beginning to decay away, and the skin at the left side of his chin has decayed so badly that the bone and part of the yellow teeth are showed.
Ichor’s ears are halfway gone, again due to the decay his body is going through, however, insects and animals has helped the speeding of this decay and have bitten large areas off so it looks more like rats has been busy gnawing off his ear than the work of mother nature.

On the top of Ichor’s almost-bald head, there is a small hole in the skin, about 3 cm in diameter, where the skull can be seen, plus there is a small crack where a 10 year old child’s pinky finger can fit and touch his brain, which is still wet and covered in green goo.

Note: for those of you who aren't good putting words to a picture, I did manage to find a picture that resembles Ichor, but I must warn you all that even I find this picture disturbing.
Ichor's

Body Built
Ichor has a very fragile looking body. He is hunchbacked, his arms and legs has long since lost what muscle it was suppose to have, giving him a frightful skeletal appearance, when he’s not wearing his rather loose clothes of course.

His fingers are long, for his height, and boney. They have long sharp fingernails that look sharp enough to cut into a man’s flesh, if the right force was used.
When he moves his fingers, the ligament in his hand can be seen clearly moving, as the dry skin hold onto what is left of the body.

Ichor’s chest is, like the rest of him, skeletal and so thin that the bones can be clearly seen. His vital organs have long since stopped working but they are still there, after all the centuries, so he does have some human structure about him.

His feet are much like his hands…bony, fragile looking, and the toes have long and stake-pointy nails.

Personality
Ichor is a mad little fellow. He acts randomly, unpredictably and is one of the hardest allies to control.

He is a mad man, for spending 500, or more, years on the run, having to hide in the slums and witness the horrors that arcane magic can do and conjure has driven him to the point of insanity…yet he isn’t completely insane (as he would describe it). He finds it hard to focus when he isn’t doing something ‘important’.
Ichor has spend much time studying science and magic, thus he is highly intelligent but this intelligence backfires when he’s bored, or feels endangered, and thus his madder mind kicks in and he becomes the little monster that everyone hates and fears.

Ichor is the type who just does what comes to his mind and does it without any further thinking. One time he thought of, jumping through a window, landing on a wagon and then drive off to escape his opponents…it all went according to his plan but he didn’t think of the height he would be jumping from, and ended up with a broken leg, which he just laughed at as he thought his sheer stupidity was more funny than the pain he felt.

Ichor is a hard ally, for his randomness and inability to focus on serious conversations between his allies. It isn’t because Ichor is uninterested in conversations and interrogations, he just doesn’t see how people can kill time talking when they aren’t doing anything physical or saying gory ‘jokes’.
He does, however, give you his undivided attention, if the topic is about science and magic, for those are two of his favorite subjects to discuss (excluding the Religion War era, for then Ichor realized that he needed to be serious if he wished to survive, plus the horrors of war still scars him to this day).

Ichor, to much surprise, enjoys listening, or directing, to classical music. Whenever he hears this gender of music he waves his arms to the beat, closing his eyes and lets the notes of music flow into his mind and calms him down.
When Klause Von Stein’s life is talked about, Ichor becomes silent and sits for a while and then leaves the place to be alone. This is because of his past, and his interaction with this Klause Von Stein, whom was his closest friend while he was alive.

Famous Quotes and Actions
-”Now. I am the puppet master, and you are my puppet!” Then the veins of the man flies through the skin, and then tightens around Ichor’s hands, like strings, ”Start dancing!”

-”You know…Smoking is good for your health. Look at how quickly it killed me!”

-”Sanity is for the insane!...Ooh! Puppy!”

-"Knowledge belongs to everyone."

-”You see a wife,” Ichor then kills the husband, ”I see a widow!”

-”You just hate me because I’m short!”

-Takes a glass filled with whiskey and pours it into his eyes, ”It burns!”

Spells
Ichor, despite his weak appearance, is one of the most powerful creatures that exist from his home world, and he can do several spells at the same time, in order to avoid filling in pages of spells that he can cast, those who will be mentioned are those he knows from the top of his skull. They are the following:

Speed of the Devil
This is one of the most frequent used spells Ichor knows. He turns the arcane power he has into energy that his body can use, allowing him to move with demon-like speed. Only Ichor knows how long this spell lasts, as he is the only one who knows the boundaries for his own powers.

Claws of Steel
This spell transforms his hands into steel claws, which are both sharp and pointy. He uses it along with Speed of the Devil, to kill his opponents faster.

Bolt of Shadow
Ichor sucks together nearby shadow, no matter how weak they may be, concentrates it so it becomes a spell that is as dangerous as the Fire Ball.
Normally, it takes time to suck the shadows together and then concentrate the bolt, but Ichor, after centuries of practice, has mastered the spell so well that he can do it within moments.

Undead Healing
Like many other Undead creatures, Ichor can heal severe wounds, though he cannot heal wounds that are has damaged his head or heart.

Shadow Portal
This is like teleportation, although Ichor has to use shadows and darkness to travel with. Even for a master of magic, like Ichor, this spell requires a lot of focus, and he can’t do it while the sun is beaming down on him, he has to be in shade to perform such a spell.

Illusion
This is Ichor’s favorite spell…for when he does this spell, he lets his ‘creative’ part of his mind to go wild. Most of his illusions are about how he slowly tears his victim apart, and since he has mastered this art of magic perfectly, he is able to make the mind think that the physical body is in pain…thus when he delivers the final blow against his opponent, it causes a heart attack and the entire body system shuts down.

For example, he once made a man think that Ichor pulled out all his veins and used them as ‘puppet strings’ thus his brain couldn’t handle it (as it couldn’t see the difference between reality and what Ichor was showing it) and he died after a few minute of Ichor being the ‘Puppet Master’.

Blue Fire Ball
This is like a Fire Ball spell, however, instead of using normal fire, he uses blue fire from hell, which attach themselves to the object that it touch.

The Third Law of Nature
This is a spell where Ichor enforces Sir Isaac Newton’s Third Law of Motion. He basically, uses his arcane power to create an unseen force that makes any moving object hit an equal force, causing an abrupt stop. He often uses this when projectile weapons are fired at him.

The Dead Never Rests
This spell does so that all the dead around him come back to life as his mindless, will-less minions. They go under the category ‘Undead’, and thus are defenseless against divine magic.

Weaknesses
Ichor is like many of the combined undead. He is weakest when sun is shining directly at him, he cannot cast spells on holy grounds (yet even enter holy grounds), and when he is hit by divine magic, he suffers great pain and agony, plus he might become madder from the pain.

Ichor has a phylactery, an object needed to become a lich and it contains his soul. This is his ultimate weakness, as the destruction of this item not only destroys his physical body, but also his spiritual form, permanently preventing him from ever coming back to the material world.
This phylactery is the necklace of his mother, it contains paintings of herself and her husband, along with their names at the bottom of their paintings. To Ichor, this treasure is worth more than all the gold, diamonds, and valuable paintings added together, and he would never, even to the exchange of the knowledge of the entire universe, trade it away. He has hidden this item somewhwere in the world he originates from, where Ichor has forgotten.

As an undead, Ichor looses certain senses, such as his ability to smell and taste, his eye sight and hearing is in the meantime improved, it still effects his ability to react, for he wouldn’t notice his clothes being on fire before he would feel the flame licking up his body, or taste the difference between a juicy slice of meat and the rotten flesh of a long dead corpse

Weapons, Armor& Clothes
Ichor doesn’t use any weapons when he fights, although he does like the shiny armor, it is hard for him to find any in his size. He prefers to use his hands (after he has casted the spell Claws of Steel) and the spell he knows.
He does, however, use weapons when he needs to perform rituals and certain spells, and such conditions also affect the clothing he wears.

Ichor is usually seen wearing cult dark robes, living up to the traditional image of an evil cult member, or the typical image of a necromancer.
It isn’t known if Ichor changes his clothes, for the smell of decay is far stronger than the smell of unchanged clothes (which only the gods knows has been through how many severs, and how many crypts these clothes has been through).

History:
Tall-Li was born in a medium sized town. His parents were just below the 'average' classed citizens, his farther worked himself half to death on the fields, his uncle served as a soldier and was never home, and his mother was constantly busy with something, whether it was prostitution or helping 'friends' in the black market, she was barely home.
Tall-Li was never really tall, so he often had to endure being bullied by the bigger kids and being too mature for the smaller ones, so his childhood was rather depressing and lonely.

Being mostly home alone with his cat, Dilbert, Tall-Li decided, from a very young age, that he would break through the Feudal system and become someone, but not just someone, someone, he wanted to become the someone, and thus his quest for becoming this someone began.
Since his parents were busy, and they never gave it much thought about hiding their earned money so well that Tall-Li wouldn't find it, Tall-Li stole some of the weekly earnings and used it to get into the local school where he studied like there was no tomorrow.

Turning 15, Tall-Li graduated from the school, and then traveled to the capital city of his birth kingdom, called Frankfurt. There he joined a college, leaving behind his family and everything he had once loved, save for the necklace his mother had given him from his childhood.
Tall-Li studied hard from the morning till the mid-afternoon, and then he would work as a secretary of one of the richer merchants, ensuring that the goods were delivered accordingly, and the payments were precise, although he sometimes had to manually count every coin himself.

Spending the next five years in the college, focusing majors on Medicine and Literature, and had two minors in Magic & It’s Forms, which was a class where it was solely on researching how and why magic existed, and History, where Tall-Li found the military and religious history fascinating.
Tall-Li was the biggest pride of the college, his manner of absorbing the information he read, he read, read, and read and he was able to convert all this information into actions, theories became facts when he performed operations on ‘voluntarily’ dead corpses, and explained the functions of the vital organs, and he came up with the hypothesis of gravity and evolution, although it was turned down as the church send agents who burned all the papers he had about that idea. Those actions served both as a lesson and warning to all the students in the college, that if they ever came up with such ideas again, it would cost them much worse than their paper ‘disappearing’.
Tall-Li knew, from studying history, that trying to stand up against the Church would not only mean that he would ‘suddenly disappear’ but also, his death would scar him all the way up to heaven.

Tall-Li graduated from the college, and then applied for the college of Magic, wanting to expand his knowledge of magic, for the last year in the college he had stumbled upon a book that contained the basic information of all the school types of magic, and he had found it to much interest.
He was accepted, and he gave up his job as secretary and focused all his time on studying magic.

For another five years Tall-Li studied two, out of the many schools of magic. He found the Conjunction and Arcane schools the most interesting and, as always, soared through the classes with perfect grades, perfect understanding and high enthusiasm for learning more.

Tall-Li graduated, but he felt that there was still more to learn. He wanted to learn more, all the schools magic, he wanted to know it all, so he applied again for the College of Magic, but was refused as the board didn’t approve his reasons for coming back into the College, yet alone gain anymore power than the two schools he had already mastered.

Angered by this response, Tall-Li used his powers to get into the library of the College where he in secret tried to study the other schools, but he wasn’t prepared for the advanced security system that the College had and was soon discovered, and thrown at the gate of Frankfurt.
Tall-Li, now outraged that they would keep the best wizard in Arcane and Conjunction, he turned to the road and began to walk away, but he had gained what he needed, he hadn’t just read the books of other Magic Schools, but of the profiles of people who had tried to apply back to the College of Magic, like Tall-Li, and there were many of them, which was both good and bad, as Tall-Li had always believed that he was the best pupil the College have ever had.

Gathering together these wizards and sorcerers, they used their combined fortune to start their own College of Magic, and this one would be unlike any other and would never reject people from reentering it again.
This was a massive blow to the other Colleges of Magic, Tall-Li’s college was far more popular and many students suddenly changed as they found out that the college covered not only magic, but other subjects as well, like science, literature, math and many other basic classes.

Tall-Li’s college was unbeatable, they earned large sums of money every month from the students, the nobles send their own children to that specific college instead of the other, and their support for the kingdom’s wars against foreign nations became so crucial that the college was no longer a simple school, but a political key point for the nation, with their help they could end entire wars quicker than ever.

There was, however, a dark side to all of this. While everyone was enjoying all the benefits that came from the college that Tall-Li and the other wizards ran, there were vile experiments going on beneath the surface of the college, practice of demonic powers and dark forces of arcane magic and unholy forces.
The wizards were trying to create their own branch of magic, a school never before seen…bringing the dead back to life! Summoning creatures humanity had never laid its eyes on before! And ultimately, proving that science and magic was greater than any god or divine power!

After months of experimenting, the wizards finally created their new school of magic, and named it ‘Necromancy’, as it brought back the dead, was able to extend a man’s life by consuming another’s, and they had invented a spell that ripped a man’s soul out of his physical body, thus proving that souls existed.
Their second school of magic was named ‘Conjuration’, as it called forth creatures from other realms of existence, some of these ‘aliens’, or ‘demons’, were friendly and brought joy to their surroundings while others existed only to destroy and cause misery.

For Tall-Li and the other wizards, who had now formed a cult dedicated to science and magic, and called themselves for “The Cult of Ahm”, and they blindly believed that the world saw everything the same way that they did, so they called together former professors, and nobles, wanting to eagerly show them their newest discoveries…Unknowingly, they had just signed their own doom.

The presentation of their discoveries went terrible, the nobles panicked when they saw the demons and undead ghouls, the religious ones, especially, began to accuse them for blasphemy and the news evolved into a crisis.
The kingdom turned around and began attacking the college with their soldiers, other wizards came out and helped the king and lord in their fight, hoping that the destruction of Tall-Li’s college would mean the rebirth of their own.

Tall-Li had never killed anyone before, so when he did his first kill, he almost committed from the feeling of guilt and apologized unnecessarily man times to the dead corpse, but with time it become natural to him however what wasn’t natural for him was to witness the madness he had unleashed, the ghouls murdered women and children, the demons caused far greater destruction than he had intended and now seeing his own cult, who believed in science and magic, he could see many of them were enjoying it…how did it all come to this?

CLICK

Tall-Li died. Not physically, of course. Mentally. His sanity was broken into a million pieces and scattered in the wind, leaving him with and insane mind to control his powers and what was his first course of action? Renaming himself to something that everyone would fear. Ichor…The Midget of Death! And he was quite serious about his title.

Followed by that, he made a ritual that tore his own soul out and placed it in the little necklace with a painting of his mother and farther. He had now become a lich.
The battle between the kingdom, wizards and the Cult of Ahm continued for five long years, scarring the lands badly, but Ichor and his fellow wizard had been bested, 3/4 of their members had been slaughtered in the war, most of their knowledge and discoveries were burned by the church and those whom they had captured were executed.

Ichor left the kingdom, went into hiding for a century, and then returned to Frankfurt, breaking into the College of Magic, again, and this time he stole hundreds of books on the magic school and killed eleven teachers and professors.
Going back to his hideout he began to study every magic school he could from the books till they were hammered into his head.

Centuries passed. The Cult of Ahm had long since broken up and been forgotten all about, they were now a minor part of history, which was a great offense to Ichor, but he remained in hidden.

How long had passed now? Ichor didn’t know, time came and went like it wanted to, Ichor didn’t measure it anymore. He was bored after how many centuries? He didn’t know either. He had talked with every demon he could summon, he had brought the dead back and away from life, he had jumped to the moon and back, well at least he thought that he did, he wasn’t sane anymore. He even forgot why and how he became a lich.

One night Ichor crept out of his hiding and took a sniff around. He discovered that the world had changed. Kingdoms had risen and fell, wars had been more frequent than ever, and the powers of magic had become to strong that Ichor could taste it…it was the sweetest taste he had ever tasted in centuries…and his taste bumps were all dead!
Sneaking down to a nearby village, Ichor wanted to test his skills, well the test turned into a massacre and the village was wiped off the map within ten minutes.

Now that Ichor had realized that there was a world outside his hideout, he began to venture from town to town, killing and slaughtering just to satisfy his boredom.
Ichor, in the middle of his fun, lost his necklace while killing a knight in the middle of a road, and only after three months did he discover his loss and vent into a wild frenzy of hatred.

He is one of the most wanted wizards, and those who will ever be able to claim his head will be given unmeasured riches and fame for having defeated The Midge of Death himself.
Last edited by Saxious on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:49 am

Is it possible if i can play as the archangel Micheal?

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:30 am

To Saxious:

You're in Sax. Still, keep working on the Bio if you have the time, I'm interested in seeing how it will turn out, and it could theoretically help others. And thanks for your proactive effort with the Template thing, I did not add one myself, frankly because I want to see people experimenting and creating their own (Or at the very least, demonstrating they have the capacity to use the copy part of the copy and paste function). Part of my devious yet unspoken process of selection. Still, I suppose it'll help those who need it, though I won't be directing anyone to it. Nice to see if they read that far down the page and find it.

To Aznmafia:

I believe you mean, Michael, and yes, you may role-play as an Archangel named Michael. Make sure you've read the Character Development section, and the rules. Then post a "Character Sheet" and I'll let you know if you're in.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:53 am

Name: Wizard Ambrose Cuckold
Race: Human/Wizard
Appearance:

]
Typical long flowing white beard, kind eyes and walks a little hunched over, soft skin for an old man.

Usual Clothing/Armor: Pointy hat, wizards robe, carries a magick wand under his cloak

Magic and/or other abilities:- Skilled in normal human magick but has learned a bit more in his time than most Wizards. He is very wise, a counsellor, a helper and a healer but he's on the side of who's in charge be that a good or evil person.
Skills:- Skrying, crystal ball reading, Tarot, creation of things from nothing, manifestations, Daemon calls, Symbol creation, Magickal spells

Bio(graphy): Ambrose Cuckold used to be the village carpenter before Bellanuva became a city. He studied Magick as a young man, becoming an apprentice wizard, and working his way up to the position he is in now. He lives in a tower outside of Bellanuva. The tower is at the top of a hill and to see Ambrose the people of the town often come up that hill for potions and cures and such like, and counselling and whatever else Ambrose can help them with. There are a group whoever, who are vehemently opposed to such things as magick. He is in the process of finding out who these people are and if they mean him harm. He does not have a wife as she died in childbirth many years before but does have a long lost son who apparently went off to fight in a war far far away and he hasn't seen him for decades.
Other: For those who believe in the old ways and Magick, Ambrose seems to know what he's doing and his magick seems to work.. but for those who don't, he's just a mad old man who lives in solitude in a tower and not worth bothering about... or is he? Ambrose came across an old old book of Daemon calls and keys, full of symbols and spells.. he kept it and has it hidden in the tower. He knows the book is important but will not tell anyone he has it or what it does.. what it is used for.
Got a whole lotta love...

Long Live Led Zeppelin... YAHOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxm-4AwtB5w

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:12 am

If I may ask, will I be permitted to handle the role of Lilith as one of the Damned Ones?
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shidoshi on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:25 am

Well, from the interest check and the feel of this RP, I guess you may get a lot of dark and sinister types here. Looks like you may need some people to redress the balance. To do so, I'll try submitting Lucius if it pleases you, his CS is linked on my sig.

EDIT: Link in post here: Lucius Ironwill
Last edited by Shidoshi on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shidoshi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:28 am

To Lorna1:

Ok, I'm going to attempt saying the following without sounding like a jerk. The bio needs some considerable work. The appearance is vastly underdeveloped, and it does not exactly bring anything in particular to mind when I read it, except maybe a lot of generic wizards. Same goes for the usual clothing/armor section. That could be made to be much more descriptive and meaningful. One of the skills I am afraid I must simply refuse. The ability to create out of nothing is simply not workable. That power is vastly broad, and open to anything. The only ones who could do that are gods, and in this RP only one character has that power, and even then it's a behind the scenes NPC controllable only by me. Not even Azazel, being an immortal lays a claim to that. If you wish for a recommendation to a similar skill, I suggest some sort of transmutation, in which you can say your character has the power to turn a piece of lead to gold for example. But something out of nothing is off limits. The bio is a bit short, but it does work for a purpose, insofar as telling a bit about your character, so you can leave it.

So, please make those changes, and try to fix up the overall appearance of your "Character Sheet" (Mostly a bit of spacing issues) and then resubmit it and we'll see how that goes. Feel free to PM me if you need any help or have any questions.

To Lady Etheral:

You certainly may ask, and I shall answer. Yes, you could assume the role of Lilith if you so desire, however I would like you to PM me with either a "Character Sheet" for her or a short description along with an sample post showing how you would use her for an IC post. Also know that Lilith is a major plot line character and if you wish to role-play as her you will need to take part in the major plot line along with Azazel. This doesn't mean however, that I will be telling you what to write and do, but do bear in mind that story wise, the Damned Ones are tied in to Azazel and are his moth faithful servants, so you would have to remember that as you post. (Basically, trying to kill Azazel would very much so be out of character for Lilith). Oh, and you'll be evil of course, Damned One and all that. And Congratulations, my first reaction to your post was to say no, but I realize I could use the help in running this plot, so do your best if you get the part.

EDIT:

To Shidoshi:

Now, I don't know about balance, I think I like sinister just fine. However, always fun to have an extra light to attempt to extinguish, so by all means, submit Mr. Ironwill. Though I suppose, in the interest of both our times, you already did by that statement, and I just read up on him, and have weighted him. Yes, it would please me. Amazingly I even took the time to read the whole thing, and it was a very good read. His history, I am very pleased to see, does not contain anything that would necessitate an alteration in order to fit in this RP. So, welcome aboard. If you can however, edit in a link to him in your post, for the reference of others who might wish to look him up. Even though it is in your sig and all, simplicity for simplicity's sake you understand. Once again, welcome aboard, and try not to let the darkness take you, you who willingly chooses the light.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Name: Ororot Dularmme
Race: Human

Appearance: Ororot is a scrawny 6’1” tall man who seems more held together by unseen wires rather than muscle or tendons. His tatty dark brown hair was once a light brown colour before he seemed to stop washing his hair and let the dirt and grime collect. His eyes are just like his hair, having a dark brown colour sometimes and a light brown others. Naturally his skin is a slightly pale white, but is normally mistaken are a darker tanned colour due from the layers of unwashed filth. His finger and toe nails tend to go unchecked, only being clipped and cleaned out when he feels up to the task.

Usual Clothing/Armor: Ororot wears a dirty brown robe with an oversized hood of the same colour sowed into the seams. The robe seems to be washed as often as he, but yet it doesn’t seem to carry any harsh aroma but more of a light musky scent. Underneath his robe, although not seen, it is presumed he wears some form of trousers and perhaps a loose fitting top. As for jewellery goes he carries three items two which are rarely seen and one that has only seen the light day less times then the fingers on one hand. Wrapped around each of his wrist he has a snowflake obsidian prayer bead bracelet. The other piece of jewellery is a necklace consisting of a pure silver chain which holds a pure silver spider that is clutching its legs around an obsidian orb (diameter roughly bigger than a quarter).

Weapons: Ororot conceals no weapons, but openly carries a 6’0” wooden staffs that looks like more of a tree branch with a mildly brown bark. This branch like staff is more then it appears as it has an unholy strength that also is pure in nature, making it rather hard to tell if the staff is cursed or blessed.

Magic and/or other abilities: Ororot’s magic is that of the dark arts but by the few who practice the arts like he does it is more commonly referred to as Death Magic. Death magic seems to take the life and purity out of its surroundings, and twisting it to the will of the spell caster. Death magic can be as simple as infusing dirt with dark mana which can be focused to have a precise effect as to cause burns or to cause a longer lasting blindness then regular dirt alone could accomplish. Death magic can also be as complex as actually materializing mana into the physical realm as pure black cloudy flames that with even more complex magic can actually sustain actual flames.
(List of his more common spells)

Sickening Touch: This is a rather simple but deadly Death Magic spells where the casters mana is transferred through his hands into a person, food, or drink. Used as a slow acting poison that can either cause instant sickness, or a more delayed sickness that could take anywhere between one day, or as long as a week.

Dark Dust: Just regular dust/dirt scoped up in his hands and infused with dark magic to cause a verity of effects. Most commonly used to blind an opponent with a harsh burning sensation that cause the eyes to water and if inhaled a harsh burning sensation that tends to force harsh coughing (Sort of like modern pepper spray).

Flesh Eating Dust/Mud/Sludge: Dark magic that is known for attacking flesh, and differently depending of substance. When used with dust the magic tends to leave nothing more than a slight raw rash that burns, and more so it itched. When used with mud the magic begins to blacken the skin, slowly eating it away flesh and leaving open wounds. When used with a sludge like substance like of those found in swamps the magic takes on its most violent form, causing blistering of the flesh and rapidly eating its way deeper into muscle and tendons.

Pillar of Flames: Rather simple in concept this spell actually requires a certain level of know how to cast. Used more as a trap this spell is cast into the ground of into a surface and when activated by either being stepped on, stepped near, or mentally activated by caster. When activated this spell shoots a flame out of a pentagram that appears where the spell was cast. The flames of which vary in size depending on the size of the pentagram that appears and the amount of death magic behind it.

Fog of Decay: One of the more complex spells Death Magic offers this spell is one that manifests itself as a dark cloudy fog that over time begins to decay all that it touches. Things that are no longer living and that can decay tend to decay at a much faster rate than living flesh or larger healthy plant life (trees would take much longer then a shrub, but plant life such as grass and flowers would decay at a much more rapid rate).

Poisonous Gas: Manifested as a light black gas that is easier to see in the light then in the dark. When first inhaled the gas seems to have no effect but after a few minutes the victim begins to find it harder to breath. As prolonged exposure to the gas leads to light headedness and lose of hand eye coordination. Even longer periods of exposure will lead to nausea and then to intense involuntary vomiting, and then to slow painful death.

Bio(graphy): Ororot was born and raised in the town of Lantol, just northwest of the Capitol City by some three hundred and fifty miles. The journey to Lantol is roughly an eight to ten day journey on horseback through eighty miles of smooth grasslands, one hundred and sixty five miles of moderate forest, and then one hundred and five miles of challenging mountain terrain. Born of mother and father unknown, while his mother died during labor his father was not with her and could still be alive. Taken in by Mother Mary, the same woman who tried all she could to help his mother deliver him safe and sound into the world. Well into her fifties Mother Mary had never had children of her own, pass her prime she thought it best to raise the orphan child as if he was her own.

Lantol, being a town mainly populated by dwarves and humans, and situated snuggly in the mountains was destined from the beginning to become a mining community. At first the town started off small, consisting of hardly three hundred souls. Situated on rich iron veins that town quickly grew to a population of nearly one thousand in seven years. When prospectors roaming the mountain sides found a cave rich with silver veins another population increase occurred, and within the next five years the town had grown too nearly to three thousand. After several more years gold was discovered west of Lantol in a stream that connected to a river down in the valley below the mountains. Again the populace grew and this time saw a dramatic increase to over ten thousand in just three years.

Being mainly populated by Dwarves and Humans also meant that the town has some very superstitious roots. When Ororot was born the Dwarves cursed him, believing those you kill their mother during birth are cursed to spread death and pain. On the other side the Humans pitied him, seeing his mother’s death a cruel twist of fate planned by the Gods for some unknown purpose. During his early childhood the dwarves made him an outcast, while the Humans protected him. At an early age he had been told why the dwarves treated him as such, and while it took a great deal of careful wording to try and protect him Mother Mary knew that later in life he would have to be told the blunt version of the story.

At the age of eleven he began to start having weird dreams that would wake him at night. While only some were actually terrifying the things he saw troubled him greatly. Telling no one about the dreams, not even Mother Mary he began to distance himself from people more. Waking up in a cold sweat and screaming he could no longer hid his secret as Mother Mary came into the room to see if he was okay and found that his bed was levitating. Worried for his safety he was taken to Father Peterson, the head authority of the most prominent church in Lantol. Describing what had happened as an involuntary release of magic, and a strong one from how it was described to him, Father Peterson recommended that Ororot go and see Paul Vryce, the leading Mage in Lantol.

Taking the young boy in Paul Vryce began to educate him in the art of magic, like he would for any new apprentice. Educating him in basic laws and constructs of the way magic worked, while giving him access to book on all forms of magic. Being a new apprentice with no real knowledge he hardly understood a word in any book, but what he managed to piece together gave him a broader span of the different parts of magic from element manipulation, as well as the darker side of magic, and the halfway point between the two. His lack of understanding didn’t affect his will to learn, and within just three short years Ororot had learned all he could from Paul Vryce. If he wished to further his skills he would have to seek a master in the arts that he seemed to be best suited for.

Only at the age of fourteen, and not having permission from Mother Mary to leave home at such a young age he began to look for something to fill the void left by no longer being schooled. Wanting to work in the mines he tried to apply for a mining permit, but it seemed that at every turn a Dwarf was involved in the process, which ended up in denial every time. Seeking out Father Peterson he for a short while was allowed to work in the chapel, doing minor task. While the church worshiped Yertreis, there was something about what was being taught to the congregation that began to slowly eat away at him. After about a year of working in the for church he had finally had enough of what he saw as hypocritical priest teaching to a mass of even more hypocritical followers.

Leaving the church he didn’t renounce his belief in Yertreis, not as if he ever promised to serve her in the first place, but began to follow a path that seemed more associated with Azazel. It was shortly after his leave from the church that he started acting out of his norm, usually very open and friendly he started to become distant, and slowly began showing signs of paranoia. At first Mother Mary, Father Peterson, and Paul Vryce, all of which were in good standing with him saw his actions as nothing more than a teenage boy trying to discover his own beliefs in the world. It was Father Peterson and Paul who struck first against him, happening when Paul had found him studying books on the dark arts. Concerned for the boy’s well beings he went to Father Peterson with this news and after much talking had occurred over the situation they decided it to be best to confront him without making Mother Mary aware, for her own protection.

Confronting Ororot was a mistake however. Calling him to the church, telling him they wanted to talk to him, they cornered him and began to question him. At first their conversation was nothing more than asking basic questions of how he had been doing and other simple things to further the discussion. As their questioning continued it turned more from a casual conversation to one of accusing him of turning towards Azazel. Almost immediately things turned worse as he began to deny the accusations against him, but to not avail. Pushing and pushing the topic it forced him over the edge and without warning a knife he had hidden up his sleeve had found itself in Father Peterson’s left arm. Quickly Paul jumped on him and pinned him to the ground, while Father Peterson ignored his own wound. Together the two successfully managed to strap him down, only to be assaulted by an onslaught of profanity and the use of other fowl words that were not of any mortal language.

Other: (Visual aids to help with picturing Ororot and his jewellery)
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... 031038.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... sidian.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac18 ... rbeads.jpg
Last edited by Ororot Dularmme on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ororot Dularmme
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:06 am

To Shidoshi:

(Re-posted from previous post edit to ensure visibility)

Now, I don't know about balance, I think I like sinister just fine. However, always fun to have an extra light to attempt to extinguish, so by all means, submit Mr. Ironwill. Though I suppose, in the interest of both our times, you already did by that statement, and I just read up on him, and have weighted him. Yes, it would please me. Amazingly I even took the time to read the whole thing, and it was a very good read. His history, I am very pleased to see, does not contain anything that would necessitate an alteration in order to fit in this RP. So, welcome aboard. If you can however, edit in a link to him in your post, for the reference of others who might wish to look him up. Even though it is in your sig and all, simplicity for simplicity's sake you understand. Once again, welcome aboard, and try not to let the darkness take you, you who willingly chooses the light.

To Ororot Dularmme:

Good "Character Sheet". You're 99% accepted, but before totally green lighting you I would liked to see some (or all, whichever works best for you) of the Bio. Also, I have one minor request as well...please space out the sections on the CS. Not to sound very picky, but even I who understands to an extent how the brain works found it hard to compensate for my subconscious negatively judging the well written content of your CS. Also, for the sake of easiness for others (And future ease to my laziness), it would help if you could code the URLs in the "Other" section into actual links. But Alas, I will go through with the insufferable burden of copying and pasting them into my Address Bar (Sarcasm...partially...).

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Umm quick question. I went to edit the spacing (which I did) and the url but I noticed that an icon said url is turned off. Is that why I cant get the link to be clickable?

Oh and my bio should be up tomorrow. Sry about the delay but it took me 3 hours to create Ororot from square 1 and that was without bio. Its is also almost 4:30am my time and im spent and need to get some sleep.

Ororot Dularmme
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:39 am

To Ororot Dularmme:

I believe it would affect them turning into "Magic Links" that is to say, automatically becoming clickable links, but I may be wrong and it might indeed render the [url] tag inactive. I'm not entirely sure to be honest, as I am not exactly very proficient with BBCode outside of the simple defaults. At any rate, if you find that you can not make them into links, that would be quite all right and the rest of us who want to see them picture will have to just use ye olde copy and paste. (I already looked at them, very nice touch, the visual aids.) Also, thanks for spacing the CS, it really is far easier to read (Re-read it in maybe half the time? Amazing what the brain does) and it makes the content much more open to appreciation. Well, work on your bio at your own pace, like I said you are basically in as long as the bio is not something like "He was born 37 and walked the earth".

To Everyone:

Expect the IC sometime after I wake up later today (5Am for me folks, got one more episode of my show to watch, and then probably go to bed and wake up tonight. Either that, or not go to bed, make the IC, and then sleep and wake up much later tonight. Either way, action is mostly relegated until today in the afternoon/evening. I suppose I should warn you now, I keep some strange operating hours. Especially on weekends).

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:11 am

Alright, the bio of Ichor is up. So yeah...I kept it an opportunity for someone to find Ichor's precious necklace, and perhaps gain a little advantage over him, along with the other weaknesses, so yeah, he isn't a god, just a bloody strong lich with a waked up mind.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:43 am

Name: Wizard Ambrose Cuckold
Race: Human/Wizard
Appearance:

Typical long flowing white beard, kind eyes and walks a little hunched over, soft skin for an old man. Large deep blue eyes, long white hair (sometimes in a plait)

Usual Clothing/Armor: Pointy hat, wizards robe - this robe is rainbow coloured, all the way from red at the top right down to white in the middle and then back to red at the bottom again, loose fitting. Underneath this robe he wears loose white clothing and several amulets around his neck, depicting magickal symbols. He carries a magick wand under his cloak, wears pointed shoes. He does have some other Jewellery, a big armour ring on the index finger of his right hand which bears the inscription "Non Omnis Moriar" Also carries a wooden staff, which can light up in the darkness.

Magic and/or other abilities:- Skilled in normal human magick but has learned a bit more in his time than most Wizards. He is very wise, a counsellor, a helper and a healer but he's on the side of who's in charge be that a good or evil person. Sometimes talks in riddles and is fond of leaving little gems of wisdom.

Skills:- Skrying, crystal ball reading, Tarot, transmutations, manifestations, Daemon calls, Symbol creation, Magickal spells, alchemy, geomancy, numerology, astrology, he's also known as a "Seer" having an ability to predict future events. He can tap into the alchemical forces of fire water Earth and air, to affect weather and mood.

Bio(graphy): Ambrose Cuckold used to be the village carpenter before Bellanuva became a city. He studied Magick as a young man, becoming an apprentice wizard, and working his way up to the position he is in now. He lives in a tower outside of Bellanuva. The tower is at the top of a hill and to see Ambrose the people of the town often come up that hill for potions and cures and such like, and counselling and whatever else Ambrose can help them with. There are a group whoever, who are vehemently opposed to such things as magick. He is in the process of finding out who these people are and if they mean him harm. He does not have a wife as she died in childbirth many years before but does have a long lost son who apparently went off to fight in a war far far away and he hasn't seen him for decades. Ambrose is somewhat an inventor of mechanical machinery as well as using traditional magick, he is a fine artist and musician, but nobody really gets to hear his music as he is usually tucked away in his tower, which has a spiral staircase, several small rooms on the way up, and he lives right at the top. His little room is painted red and black, there are a few black framed mirrors.. an old table, lots of old dusty books and a writing desk, there is usually a coal fire burning.

Other: For those who believe in the old ways and Magick, Ambrose seems to know what he's doing and his magick seems to work.. but for those who don't, he's just a mad old man who lives in solitude in a tower and not worth bothering about... or is he? Ambrose came across an old old book of Daemon calls and keys, full of symbols and spells, as he was out gathering herbs one afternoon. It seemed to have been thrown into the undergrowth, and with it was the ring he wears on his right hand. He kept it and has it hidden in the tower. He knows the book is important but will not tell anyone he has it or what it does.. what it is used for. He's generally a quiet, wise sort of person, and you feel secure in his company.

(Hope this is ok)

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Let me know if I need to revise anything and I will be happy to do just that.

Name: Rayn Aesarus

Race: Assumed to be human

Appearance: Rayn, at first glance, could be seen as notably tall for someone of her gender, standing at about five feet and nine inches if one were to actually measure. Though, she could have the potential to carry herself with a bit of more poise and propriety with a rather elegant neckline and shoulder curvature, with long limbs that remained fitting to the rest of her body. Rayn is not, of course, the most developed young woman, the most prominent feature of her figure probably being her widened hips. Luckily (and somewhat surprisingly), her build isn't particularly lank or gaunt, but well-balanced with proportionate muscle and fat to give her a healthy appearance. The young woman's hair seems to have a hand in giving her more of a simplistic presentation, for the black-brown locks are rather shortly cut to follow the shape of the back of her head and end at the base of her skull, her bangs, typically parted on the left side of her face, barely reaching her raised, slender eye brows.

Her face is not one of particular distinction for most people, for she lacks the pampering makeup and such that comes with having a life higher in class than her own. No, she has a slightly heart-shaped face that still maintains just a hint of simple childhood, skin naturally the color of rich mocha, and eyes a light grayish-brown just below brows. Her nose should seem average to most - nothing distinguishing besides the unmarred symmetrical curve the bridge made from her head to her nostrils. Lips, however, were on more on the plump side, a slight saddening frown almost always accentuating a bit of a pout.

Usual Clothing/Armor: Rayn is not one to have too magnificent of a wardrobe. In fact, her typical garb is far from it. She tends to stick to wearing earthy colors - mostly browns, grays, maybe a few natural greens and reds thrown in. Her daily outfit usually consists of a short beige robe-like top that reaches just below her pelvis, held at her waist by a wide sash tied somewhat at her side, the tight sleeves of the article reaching to her knuckles at a bit of a point. Pants are almost always a darker color, though the hand-stitched designs in the seams running down the sides of the young woman's legs and the bright twine coiling around her calves in a well thought-out design give them a bit of a more impressive appearance. Shoes, reliable and durable, are a taut, pale leathery material with thin, flexible soles. And, if the weather grows too harsh, Rayn will provide herself with a dark, yet faded green hooded cloak that reaches the backs of her knees and ties around her neck.

Weapons: Rayn never goes anywhere without a well-crafted dagger she believes belonged to her father, which is kept in pristine condition (but only because she never has used it and, quite frankly, doesn't know how). It is held by a leather belt with a sheath on her left hip.

Magic and/or other abilities: If it could be considered an ability, Rayn is beginning to believe a few nightmares she has are passed wretched souls talking to her, telling her of their awful histories and descent into darkness.

Bio(graphy): Rayn had always been told various stories of her upbringing from various people she has been forced to live near during her childhood in some forgotten village, though none seemed to be comforting in the slightest. The story that had the most impression on her was the one of her birth. She was told that she was born a "sickly" child. She cried, like most infants, and lead a healthy first few days, yet as time progressed, Rayn was told she tormented her mother with unrelenting screaming and bawling, as if she was spewing noise fitting for the most horrid of creatures from the underworld itself. Eventually, her mother is said to have ended her own life by leaping into a nearby river with Rayn in her arms, in hopes of killing them both. However, Rayn supposedly washed back onto land unscathed, and never cried again.

Later, when Rayn was nearly a decade old, she asked another person of the whereabouts of her father. That person told her her father found her laying near the river about two days after her mother had killed herself, and found her to be cursed. So, he supposedly cast her back to the river. The next day, she miraculously appeared in the same spot, for not even the river wished to consume a cursed child. Rayn was told her father repeated the process of throwing her back into the water for a week, always receiving the same results. Eventually, he is said to have simply disappeared one night, and it was rumored that the river had taken him to prevent him from spoiling to water with Rayn again.

Rayn, of course, couldn't remember that far back into her past, and began accepting these stories as truths. Subsequently, she spent the majority of her childhood without parental figures other than a few elderly villagers who gave her a bed to sleep in in exchange for her performing a number of chores for them, such as tending to their fields or cleaning their floors. Luck would have it that her attending school did give her a decent idea of how her parents would have raised her if they were still around, and she set rules for herself, gave herself a bedtime, and gave herself a little prayer for morale every night. However, as the years continued to pass, Rayn found herself growing weary - too weary for someone in their adolescent years. She was always tired, always sad, and was beginning to have horrible nightmares of fallen souls and evil spirits. Often, they asked her to do things for them - mostly involving her killing someone or burning something down.

Rayn kept to herself by that time, rarely speaking as if she figured that would help the situation, but the dreams grew worse and worse, until one night, she couldn't remember dreaming at all. She had the best night's sleep she could ever recall having until she woke up in the middle of the night, finding herself lying next to the nearby river. A faint light reflected from something protruding from the water of the current eventually caught her eye. As she neared closer to the edge of the bank, she noticed the handle of a dagger bobbing with the waves, and reached into the water to pull the thing out.

The handle was attached to a rather fine-looking weapon, though it was in fact strange the blade had not begun to dull or decay. However, there was a certain tumult she could hear echoing from the village, and as she walked closer to it she could hear screaming and the crackling of a roaring fire. People were running to and fro, not bothering to try and subdue the fire that had been set to one of the homes in the village as they attempted to save their own possessions before the inferno spread to other houses. A few people were in the process of burning alive as they reached out of their windows for any sort of help, while others had already died from being trampled or crushed by falling debris.

Rayn didn't even try to step foot back into the village's borders again, for she was too terrified to see the aftermath of the fire that had erupted that night. That, and there was a sick, disturbing little notion in the back of her mind that told her she could have been the one who started it. No, Rayn decided she had to get away from that rural area as quickly as she could. Leaving almost everything she owned behind, except for the dagger she had found the night before, she set off for somewhere - anywhere.

A few odd jobs in other villages later earned her a decent coin and a few more possessions, though as the months passed she found herself with another dilemma: She really had no idea what she was going to do the rest of her life. Eventually, she convinced herself that the dagger she had found had to belong to her father, who she remembered had supposedly been swallowed by the river. So, Rayn set off on the most likely impossible mission of finding anyone who could recognize the crest on the dagger and direct her to any other living family members, whether it was simply to pass her time or to give her a bit of hope that there is someone still living in the world who could accept her.

Other: Rayn hates being alone in the dark, and will often talk to herself if she finds herself in such a situation.

...Meh. I don't know if it really came together the way I fleshed things out, but this was meant to be a character where there's a possibility that they could really have some sort of supernatural ability or they really are just schizophrenic... crazy. Whatever you could describe that as.

River-Koi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm

To Lorna1:

Well Lorna, you're in. Though frankly, I feel your CS could do with a bit more work, that would just be me being picky, and you did do a very substantial improvement from your first attempt. So welcome aboard.

To River-Koi:

Now, I don't know how exactly you wanted it all to come together, but I do see what you mean, and I think you managed to convey that possibility to others. You certainly do not need to change anything, as it is all quite good. A more perfect imperfect possibly schizophrenic or just somehow possessing of evil supernatural powers character I have never seen. Then again, I reckon it's a small genre....But that still plays in your favor, you're in.

To Everyone:

All right folks, thank you very much for posting and deciding to join this fine venture of mine. I recommend you guys start thinking or working on your entrances, as I am about to start working on the first post of the IC. That might take me half an hour, two minutes, or an hour. Or seven days But the latter is unlikely. It all depends on whether or not I end up hating the idea I already have in my head, and how fancy I decide to make things. For example, do I want Azazel to speak latin to the priest? Will I make it all tragically ironic? Things like that. And if I get distracted by butterflies. So, what that means to you is this: The IC will be up sometime tonight (it is morning of the next day after midnight yes? I get so confused with that) for sure, so if you are unable to participate in my insane operating hours, you can still rest assured that it will be here come morning. And the weekend is over, so my crazy hours will be a bit less crazy.

Also, the OOC is still open, and those who wish to join, are still welcomed to post their characters for approval.

EDIT: The IC thread is now open! Sorry for the delay my friends, there were butterflies involved in my distraction after all.

The Fall of Azazel-IC

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Shadow on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:16 pm

Name: Vincent Bane, has also been known as Azoth, Kylar and Nazo (he will change his name if thinks it necessary)

Race: Human, part demon, part angel

Appearance: Vincent is 5’9; he is slightly muscular build from all the running and fighting and just general work he has done in his life, he has eyes as black as Jet except for the pupils in his eyes they are a sky blue these eyes allows him to see through any magic disguises or illusions, his hair is as white as snow and kept to a nice short length the same as regular men, he has a strange black marking running down his right arm, it is two black lines starting on the front and back of the shoulder, they cross over a few times as they circle around his arm, they both then join together at the back of the hand. He also has a black bat-like demon wing coming out of his right shoulder blade and a white feathered angel wing coming out of his right, though from careful practice he has managed to be able to insert them back into his body but he can get them out at will (though not without a little bit of pain).

Usual Clothing/Armour: He wears a white tunic top, black trousers and black knee high boots, he wears a hooded travelling cloak which is made of hairs from a demon and by using his demonic power can change its colour, this helps for him to not be noticed easily, he also carries a few other clothes with him in case he needs to look different for some reason. He also has a Ying Yang pendant which he wears around his neck; the pendant can store demonic and angelic power inside of it as a reserve source

Weapons: A metal bo-staff 160 cm in length, two short swords the blades being 28 inches in length, Kusarigama with an extra Kama at the other end instead of a weight its chain reaching his body height and a hidden blade, it is wrapped around his right forearm which the blade can come out and withdraw from where it his hiding, the blade extends to the length of his hand

Magic and/or other abilities:
Demonic Spells-
Demon Fire: Creates a ball of demonic fire

Black Demon Fire: Creates a ball of black demonic fire which the black fire will continue to burn away at its source until it is completely destroyed, it can not be put out by any regular means and will absorb any and all light that touches it, therefore making it impossible to see in a pitch black cave.

Frozen Fire: Creates a ball of blue fire, though it does the complete opposite of any regular fire and instead of burning freezes

Speed of the Shadows: This allows Vincent to move at very high speeds, depending on his shape at the time depends on how fast he can go

Illusions: Creates illusions to whatever Vincent wishes, if he does the spell powerful enough he can even make it become real to the person/thing being effected (e.g. they think a lion is there so they can touch it and it can kill them)

Dark Ball: Creates a small ball of the darkest energies, this will not harm anything that is purely evil, but should it be even the slightest bit of goodness it will rip away at what it touches leaving nothing left (the only things that is known to be that evil is Azazel himself and a few of his followers)

Demon Lightning: creates a high charge of electricity which can either be shot out like a bolt of lightning or simply touching someone to zap them (it can also be controlled to some extent)

Demon Summons:
Ifrit, lord of Fire: Summons the demon of Fire, Ifrit. Vincent has made a pact with him so that he will do what Vincent says.
Chant: Oh Ifrit, lord of fire and flames, come forth from the fiery depths of hell, come and show your power to this world, burn my enemies to hell so that they may burn in you pits of fire, grant me the use of yours powers so that I may get that which I seek.

Shiva, Mistress of Ice:Summons the demon of Ice, Shiva. Vincent has made a pact with her so that she will do what Vincent says.
Chant: Oh Shiva, mistress of ice and cold, come forth from the frozen wastes of hell, come and show your fury to this world, freeze my enemies so that they shall be frozen no matter what, grant me the use of yours powers so that I may get that which I seek.

Ramuh, Mage of Lightning: Summons the demon of Lightning, Ramuh. Vincent has made a pact with him so that he will do what Vincent says.
Chant: Oh Ramuh, Mage and master of the lightning and thunder, come forth from the deep mountains, come and show your wrath to this world, electrify my enemies so that they shall join your slaves and generate even more lightning for you, grant me the use of yours powers so that I may get that which I seek.

Angelic Spells-

Light Shield: This creates a dome of light around him, it can reflect back projectiles, he can pull light in from a distance if needed, the stronger the light and more effective the dome

Healing Hand: Makes his hand glow and will heal whatever is touched by it, though should something of pure evil be touched it will severely injure it

Torment for the Damned: This creates a small gate in which evil things are sent to hell, not the regular hell but what would be considered hell to them; it can only work on something that is weaker than Vincent

Self created spells-
Resize: This allows him to resize and change the weight of inanimate objects, he usually uses it to be able to carry his weapons around without anyone knowing or being weighed down by them

Shins of Fire: This puts a demonic fire around his shins so whenever he kicks anything it will get burnt as well

Fists of Ice: This works by either gathering the moisture in the air or by getting water from nearby, it will not work if there is no form of liquid around, it then freezes it over his hands and makes spiked gloves of ice, they will not freeze his hands but they will freeze anything they touch or stab

Bio: When Vincent was going to be born a demon came along and decided to make him a creature of darkness and tried to change him from a human into a creature that would destroy everything light, at the same time an angel had came along and decided to change him into a creature of light that would destroy everything dark and save all that is light. The demon and the angel didn’t realise each other was there; as Vincent was being born the demon put his powers into work and at the exact same time so did the angel.
When he was born he came out with black eyes with blue pupils, seeing this, his mother thought he was a monster and so did everyone else in the village. At that time the demon side of managed to grab hold of the body and destroyed the entire village. The angel part of him managed to overcome the demon part afterwards, as a little baby he was just crying there in the middle of the destroyed village. He was found by a travelling man who had seen smoke rising from the village, the man finding only Vincent decided to take him and raise him, and the man was the one that gave Vincent his name.
When Vincent was five again the demon part of him took control and killed the man. He was overcome by grief when the angel part of him managed to balance it back out that he ran away into a deep forest and lived there for quite a few years, there he was found by a demon who seeing him decided to destroy the angel part of him by teaching him the ways of the demon. Again at the same time on the other side of the forest an angel found him and decided to destroy the demon part of him by teaching him the way of the angel.
He would spend one day with the demon and the other with the angel. After many years of this the demon and angel found out about each other and they fought, they both died in their battle their bodies fell and joined together and created a ying yang pendant for each didn’t want the other to gain the advantage, from there Vincent decided to find out what was happening with the world and set out to try to find somewhere he might belong. Unknown to him, the demon and the angel that had found him were the exact same that had made him who he is; both were very skilled in their powers.

Other: Vincent can call upon the demon or angel part of him if he wills it, should he suffer enough damage physically or mentally the demon or the angel may have a chance to overpower the other and then it will take control of the body, he also has a black horse which will come when he calls and two birds that take the form of hawks, one is black or ‘jet’ for better information with it’s eyes being white as snow, the other one was the complete opposite and was as white as snow except for it’s eyes which were ‘jet’, the birds names are Zetsumei (black one) and Seimei (white one), he also calls his horse Chisoku. Should he die he will end up in a white room with three doors, one is a plain wooden door, this will lead back to life but it was a lock on it for each day he must stay there, a lock will disappear when a day has passed, there is a bright shining door, this leads to the angel’s part of his mind, and then there is a black flaming door, this leads to the demon’s part of his mind. He can never enter hell or heaven, he has tried to enter both by finding some of the portals demons and angels leave behind both times he just hits an invisible wall

Hidden Blade -http://media.photobucket.com/image/hidden%20blade%20from%20assassins%20creed/phyreblade_blog/Assassins%20Creed/AssassinsCreedBladeMechanism1.jpg
Ifrit-
http://tnisloray.castlebeware.com/ifrit.jpg
Shiva-
http://media.photobucket.com/image/Shiv ... antasy%20X)/mulmulmul/Final%20Fantasy%20Blog/Shiva_final_fantasy.jpg
Ramuh-
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/final ... -Ramuh.jpg
Last edited by The Shadow on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Shadow
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Culex on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:35 am

Name: Giradot Jekt
Age: Giradot appears to be about twenty years of age, due to his thin and youthful form, but he is actually thirty-five
Race: Giradot is of the race of Man.
Appearance: Giradot stands at about six-foot three inches, and weighs in at about one-hundred and ten pounds. His skin is a seashell-white color that compliments his smooth complexion, slightly dimpled cheeks, and exaggerated cheekbones. His fiery red hair flows about down to his waist, and is often pulled back with a large black-and-white checkered bow whose two strands flow just about halfway down his back, ending in tatters. His small, tightly pinched nose seperates his somewhat evenly-spaced small emerald eyes, whose lashes are long and very effeminate, and stretches up to his smooth, shaved brow. His eyes are often decorated in a royal purple eyeliner, that trails off into two small tear-like spikes that flow until just above his cheekbones. His small lips are also often decorated in royal purple lipstick in a design that is normally a rather thick line that circles his lips, with a line trails from the center of the lower lip to just underneath his small chin. His thin, slender neck leads to somewhat broad shoulders which makes his chest appear large but bony, with little defintion and a somewhat sickly appearance. His arms, while a bit more defined, are much like his stomach and waist, thus have a lack of definition as well, yet his legs seem rather toned, giving them a slightly odd appearance. His figure as a whole makes him seem like a rather sickly, and unproportionate man, yet his demeanor is anything but.

With a countenance that holds a seemingly permanent grin, and eyes that shine brilliantly when light hits them, he holds a rather dark charm that mixes with a rather malevolent gaze. He has rather good posture, and carries himself with almost inhuman grace that allows him to seem as if he is gliding across the ground rather than running or walking. He always stands tall, and chest-out which suggests a feeling of superiority.

Usual Clothing/Armor: Giradot is often dressed in rather unorthodox, yet regal clothing. His usual outfit consists of an extravagant black shirt with a rather wide collar, that rests just above his rounded puffy shoulders while still only exposing his neck and covering his chest. His sleeves flow all the way down his arms, but are cut off by rather long and slightly loose black gloves of a silken nature which have a white line flowing down either side meeting at a ring around the wrist. From the chest-down the shirt was a tight fit button-down, the buttons themselves are of a golden color with odd smiles carved upon them, much resembling the Greek mask of Comedy. The shirt flows down into a relatively plain front that met with his black-and-white harlequin breeches, while the back continues into to flowing coat tails whose ends were tipped with the same golden buttons that flowed down the front of the shirt.

His tightly-fit leather breeches are held up by a black belt, whose buckle is a silver Greek Mask of Comedy, much like his buttons, and has small, spiked studs that circled the blackened belt, a longsword sheath rests on the right side of this, the hilt wrought of silver and decorated with a brilliant ruby at the bottom of the handle. His breeches continue down to just below his knees, where his regal black boots met them. Adorned with a black and crimson harlequin pattern that seemed as though it flowed upward towards the boots end and was cut off, the leather boots eventually end in pointed toes. This gives him a rather strange look, yet regal at the same time.

Weapons: A longsword named "Magebane". The sword is of elven craft and is made of a metal not unlike Mythril, giving it a slightly powder blue tint, with elven runes etched onto flat of the blade on both sides. The blade stretches about forty inches while the handle stretches just above twelve, making it a well-proportioned blade. The blade itself is magic, due to the fact it possesess anti-magical properties. It was meant to take the lives of practitioners of magic, as it's name implies, and it can literally slice through and deflect spells of an elemental nature (Fire, Earth, Wind, Water,) depending on the potency and power of the spell. Though it will block a good amount of elemental-based spells, the sword lacks a defense in other schools of magic, though makes up for it in it's near-weightlessness and easy wield-ability.

Personality: Giradot's a very cunning man, opportunistic as well. He will never act upon anything without having a plan first, and thinks everything through regardless of how small it is, often considering every variable and every conceivable outcome. Socially, he is a very egotistical man, and loves to be the center of attention, his eloquence and quick wit are complementing social skills that he is able to use as tools to get what he wants as well as keep all the attention on himself, yet off of his true state of mind. When alone, he is often brooding, thinking of another scheme to feed his ambition of power unrestrained. When his plan is set into motion, he does his best to not let anything stop him by eliminating the opposition in advance as best he can, and cares not about how many people he uses as stepping stones to get his plan to fruition. Though when someone deliberately interferes with his plans, he often gets frustrated and tends to hold grudges. A grudge runs deep in Giradot, if you keep him from something he desires, he will hold you and only you accountable for his failure and swear your death by his hand, for he believes himself the perfect human being, and that others have no right to stop him. When it comes to combat, he is often rutheless, and uncaring of those around him he harms as long as his initial target ends up defeated in the end, in fact, he seems to revel in the carnage enough for some to consider him as insane, while he sees it as an absolutely delightful form of entertainment. Though, if his battles persist for too long, he sees them as boring and will often become reckless just to end it.

Magical abilities: Giradot has chosen over the course of his life to wield the magics of two main schools: Darkness and Fire. He believes these are the most powerful forms of magic, due to their raw destructive powers, and believes all other schools to be 'weak' or 'ineffective'. Giradot knows many spells, and can shoot small, dart-sized fire or dark-based projectiles at will, but is often forgetful of the lesser spells/spells he deems 'not important', and thus knows the following spells by heart.

Dark Flame: ("Get some of this!".) Combining the basic properties of his two magical schools together, Giradot can summon a flame that appears to be of an ultramarine tint. The dark-blue colored flame possesses the burning properties of a fireball and the properties of a well-created projectile of darkness, giving it a heavy impact. This is a basic spell and requires little effort, depending on size, and is often used as a sort of projectile.

Liquid Fire: ("This is gonna get messy!") With little effort, Giradot channels a ball of liquid magma into his hand and tosses it as a projectile. If this hits, it sticks to the target, burning them until it solidifies. It also smells of fresh sulfur, making it even more unpleasant.

Shadow Claws: ("I can't wait to see you in pieces!")With a wave of his hands and a moment of concentration, Giradot can create claws made of dark energy appear at the ends of his gloves. Depending on the time he uses to concentrate, these claws can be long or short, yet are still razor sharp at the tips, making him able to deal grievous wounds without drawing his sword. The amount of concentration Giradot puts into these devilish manifestations is the amount he must keep, however, and they are significantly less powerful the less concentration is put into them. If his concentration breaks, so do the claws he has formed.

Dance of Flame: ("This one is sure to heat you up!") Coils of fire appear from the top of both Giradot's hands, as he whips them about in a dance-like fashion. Like Shadow Claws, this is a concnetration-based spell and therefore can be broken with Giradot's focus. The coils of flame themselves whip around Giradot and burn anything they touch, while longer exposure can set almost anything they touch ablaze.

Skittering Embers: ("Let the flames run amok!") The tips of Giradot's fingers ignite as he tosses the small flames from them. The flames then skitter across the ground for a short amount of time, and will ignite anything they come across if they don't burn out.

Dark Pulsar: ("Deep despair...") A concentration spell of a different sort, Giradot channels a force of erratic darkness into the palm of his right hand in the form of a small, blue-black ball while his left looms over it in an attempt to further contain it. The more concentration is put into this spell, the wider the radius and the stronger the spell will be. When released, a shockwave of the same color as the ball it originated from emanates from the ball around Giradot, delivering an impactual force dependant on how long he has concentrated for.

Apocalypse: ("There is no running from this pain!") Giradot once again combines his knowledge of Darkness and Fire to create a devastating spell. Apocalypse creates a platform of darkness under an area, then forces an upheaval of Dark Flame contained within the circular platform. The Dark flames both burn and deal a damaging impact as they rise into the sky, pulverizing and scorching anything or anyone in it's wake.

Non-magical talents/abilities: Though Giradot is a powerful magician, and his reflexes and agility are something to behold, his skill without the reinforcement of a sword, sickle, lance, or flail are lackluster at best. Giradot, being the sort of person he is, finds that hand-to-hand combat is inferior as he is seldom without arms, and thus never learned any true hand-to-hand style. Despite his flaws in hand-to-hand combat, he is very much the social butterfly, with eloquence, wit and social etiquette to match. In any given social situation, he can become the center of attention rather easily, and is normally well-liked amongst those ignorant of his lust for power.

Bio: Though Giradot is revered as a Duke in Bellanuva, his past is far cry from his current position. Giradot grew up rather poor, in a shady village called "Ibrith", far from Bellanuva, where he was the first born of his four brothers and one sister, and was the most disappointing one of them all. In Ibrith, the class system was very established, and the Duke from the kingdom that Ibrith served under was cruel and merciless to the farmers. You see, being a farmer in Ibrith was the lowest of the low, unless the farm was secretly paying off the local Duke, and were never treated with respect. Even the village idiot was given more credit than the laborers who broke their back for their kingdom to provide fresh food to its people, and when the Duke came through Ibrith, on the first and third of every month, Giradot would watch him come and go, wanting nothing more than to be just like the royal opressor that his family had come to hate.

Though Giradot grew up on a farm with and was the first born son of five other siblings, he was often seen as "lazy", "inconsiderate" and a "disappointment" to his family. Why, you ask? The answer is simple: Giradot believed that farm work was below him, as his idol the Duke had clearly showed through his actions of simply coming to the town, in amazingly ravishing clothes, then claiming both tax and crop and leaving. Thus, instead of doing farm work, Giradot would often study things such as diplomacy, speech, royalty, and high fashion. His father, being raised as an old-fashioned farmhand since he was a boy, disapproved of Giradot's lazy lifestyle and finally forcibly put him to work after five years of "laziness". Feeling cheated, wronged, and selfish; Giradot ended up hating his family that looked down upon him for his lifestyle, which only made him want to achieve it more and more. Soon Giradot would begin stealing books about the subject matter that he wished to study, books on everything that was important to a kingdom and what it took to be royalty. By the age of fifteen, his sibling trailing him by years that ranged from two to five, he had gained knowledge of the language that he spoke as a whole and became all around more eloquent, and with such eloquence came wit and a diplomatic acumen. Once again, his father was enraged that Giradot would squander his chores to read and "dilly-dally" as he called it with books and studies.

One night, Giradot had just come back from stealing a plethora of books that he felt would advance his learning further when he found that he had acquired a book of basic magic spells in his act of theft by mistake. Intrigued, he studied the book furiously, taking parts of the "pyromancy spells" section with the utmost importance due to the graphic descriptions of applications they could be used for. In about two years time he had turned to the age of seventeen, and had mastered all of the basic spells of fire in the book, which he used to both quicken the back-breaking labor his father had given him and entertain his brothers and sister. One night while he was entertaining his siblings in the outside storage shack, his father entered to find that Giradot had been using magic to an advanced degree. Outraged by his practice of what he called "dirty witchcraft" his father beat him that very night in front of all of his siblings, and left him bruised, bloodied and gasping for air. He the forwarned his other children that if they decided to take up this kind of thing the same fate would befall them. Giradot was in bed recovering for a week due to his father's beating, and each day that passed more hatred began to grow for the man that did this to him.

When he was better, he found amongst his stolen books a book entitled "Basic Principle of Practical Armed Combat", and began to read and study it furiously. In the book, he had found uses for staves, sickles, swords, lances, axes and other basic weapons and their basic appliances for self-defense, and being on a farm he had access to nearly everything except for higher-end weaponry such as swords, bows, lances, and other made-for-war tools. He chose the sickle as his main weapon of focus, for he was often assigned to reap the wheat stalks that littered the farm, with this farming tool he would exact his revenge upon his own opressor, and take the first steps towards his destiny. At the age of nineteen, he had began to start a facade that would gain him favor with his father, which was stepping up the quality of his farm work. Every day for six months he had done outstanding work, which impressed his father, mother, and siblings who were all at this point very happy with him and the new found sense of pride he had taken in his farm work. One day, his father approached him as he was reaping the wheat stalks and when he had finished his work, had gave Giradot a healthy pat on the back and sat called him over into the nearby shed. Giradot followed, sickle in hand.

In the shed, his father had given him a stein of water and took one for himself and spoke of praise to his son, commending him on his good work, saying that he knew he had it in him to be a great successor to the farmstead and was incredibly proud of him, even going so far as to apologize for beating him those few years back. As these words reached Giradot's ears, he felt no sympathy for his father and sickle in hand, quickly thrusted the pointed end of the grim harvesting tool into the right side his father's brain then ripped it out through his face, peeling off the flesh that held his surprised countenance. Giradot then reveled in his own malevolence as his newest plan was set into motion, laughing menacingly over his dead fathers corpse as he would soon gain favor with the kingdom. When his brothers, sister and mother had found him over his father's dead body, they sent a messanger to the kingdom to take Giradot away under grounds of murder. What they didn't know, though, was that Giradot had not killed his father entirely out of malice, and had perfected a plan that would turn the cogs of his future into a working gear. After many years of studying penmanship and language, Giradot had already sent word to the kingdom for his father's arrest three days earlier, and signed it with his mother's signature, thus later that day when the king's knight-captain had arrived to arrest his father for conspiracy to overthrow the crown due to the letter sent from his own wife, Giradot's mother was shocked and denied any sort of claim. However, they had intercepted the message their mother sent to the kingdom earlier that day, and compared the signatures of the two letters. After questioning Giradot and saying that he found his father's plans to overthrow the kingdom and was attacked when he said that he would call the crown down upon his father, and that his own family didn't believe him, the captain came to a decision. Due to the denial of the first letter sent by his mother the knight-captain deemed that his mother and siblings were insane, and had to be detained after Giradot handed over a well-written plan to overthrow the kingdom that gave names of several people in the village, most of which he had stolen literature from and/or were friends of his father's that was illegidly written by the dead farmer, and walked away from the whole mess with a clean slate and favor with the empire for bringing a potential anarchist to justice.

Due to this, he was regarded as a sort of hero to the kingdom and soon attended both a magician's academy and a royal academy for ten years (five years each) and had emerged as a man who was well-versed in etiquette as well as magical ability in the form of Pyromancy, while secretly also training himself in the ways of the Dark Magics. He was also an accomplished armed fighter, and was given his longsword Magebane as a graduation present from the Royal Academy. Though he was rather flamboyant in appearance even at this point, he was most definitely loved by all who met him, and was still revered as a hero due to constant subtle reminders of his "achievement to the kingdom" from so many years ago. Deciding that his destiny was not in this kingdom, but another was his own choice, and having built himself up on lies, deciet, and murder he was given the blessing of fortune to the king, and was guaranteed a home in the kingdom if ever he needed it. He has built up a reputation in Bellanuva for five years now, and has since become a Duke like he always dreamed of being, with the assistance of his friend the king of his homeland, and a life built on a foundation of lies. Though, his ambition wouldn't stop there, not even a little. He wanted more power, power to become the undeniable "perfect being", power to rule the world, and he now works diligently to achieve it, and no one is yet the wiser.
Last edited by Culex on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!”

Culex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:57 am

Actually.. I think I need to drop out of this one - it looked good to start off with but I don't think I have the time.. already in a bunch of rp's etc and other external factors. Have fun guys.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:23 am

To The Shadow:

It's coming along good, Shadow. You're in, though I am interested to see what other improvements you can make on it. If you have any questions or want to pick my brains as to what I mean, PM me and we'll talk. But at any rate, welcome aboard, and make sure to try your best IC, your character has a lot of potential story wise.

To Culex:

My oh my. I'm really liking the crop of psychos I'm pulling in. And yours is the perfect narcissistic egomaniac I was hoping someone would make. You see, I'm cooking up a plot bit involving the seven deadly sins, and I was afraid no one would pull off something regarding Pride. But lo and behold, you just did, and marvelously too. Very good bio, and I like your classification of wit and charm as talents. Very overlooked sadly, but equally dangerous to a sword to the heart if used right, and I got a feeling you can. You're in, and I look forward to seeing what you're capable of.

One thing however, regarding your "Character Sheet". Please space out the sections. Even amazing content is hard to read as one huge block, and the mind tends to undervalue it for that, and even kinda force the eye to skip lines sometimes. Much easier to read and absorb with a bit of structure. I also noticed what I considered a strange usage of past tense writing mainly in his usual clothing area. Not something you need to change, as the meaning was still conveyed, but be careful with it in your IC posts. At times I thought Giradot was dead, with all the was's and were's. Just a word of advice, so that your hard work does not become dimished by others not being able to read it properly. But other than that, truly, a very interesting character.

To Lorna1:

I regret the fact you can not participate, but I understand Lorna. Good luck with all your ventures and external factors. We'll most certainly have fun. As much fun as one can have eviscerating, tricking, and killing. Which I dare say can be quite a bit. As this RP is meant to be very open and will be rather large and long, you are certainly invited to return at a later time should you wish. Au revoir for now.

To Ororot Dularmme:

I've read your bio and hereby give you that 1% I promised. Welcome aboard officially, and my sincerest apologies if I did not notice the changes a few hours ago when you were still online. Hope it did not upset you much if I did and you were waiting for me to hurry up and accept you.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!