Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mirror's Edge: Band of Runners

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Mirror's Edge: Band of Runners

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Wait to be approved before posting.

No godmodding, godmoding, auto hitting, impossible dodges, trolling, spamming, etc...

You can be a Blue, or a Runner. Or, if the bio is creative enough, a subject of Project Icarus.

Welcome to the world of Mirror's Edge. In a city watched constantly, you are one of the few. You are a Runner. A danger to everyone keeping secrets. You can be unstoppable. You ARE unstoppable. You are sly and noticing of everything surrounding you. You are the perfect fighter.

The new leader of the group of Runners is Faith. She was trained under the rule of the man Mercury before his tragic and untimely death. Faith, now 26, not only leads and orders the runners, but will even perform tasks with them if it is too hard. Her group is bigger and badder then the Blues could ever hope to be, even with the few remnants of Project Icarus. The group, now named Red Resistance, are in need of your assistance.

This, is your story as a runner. Create your character, and report to Faith's headquarters for a meeting. Galen out.

Name:
Appearance: (Pics if you like)
Personality:
Special Abilities: (Runner Vision, high adrenaline to slow time, something alone that effect)
Average top speed:
Time from stopped to sprint:
Speed with weapons:

You are a cop, sworn to protect the city from anyone who stands in the way of the laws, especially Runners. They are a plague among the city and the community in it. If they want to try something, we are always watching. You are allowed to fight them using lethal forces. Given an arsenal of weapons, you try to eliminate every single Runner, with the help of Project Icarus subjects of course.

This is your story, to try to stop the Runners. This is where you begin. Lance out.

Name:
Personality:
Skills: (Accuracy, Noticing things from a ways away, speed, etc)
Weapons:
Speed with weapons:
Speed without weapons:

A constant test subject undergoing vigorous training schedules, you are a subject of Project Icarus. You were genetically modified and trained for one thing and one thing only. The killing of every single Runner in the city. You are trained with weapons and the art of Parkour, so you are deadly. You can run faster than any cop alive, and almost faster then some Runners.

As a genetic freak, this is your story. Now, go kill you some Runners. Dr. Barnaby out.

Name/Serial Number:
Project Icarus age:
Time with Project Icarus:
Personality:
Skills: (enhanced speed, high jumping, strength, etc)
Weapons:
Speed with weapons:
Speed without weapons:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Mirror's Edge: Band of Runners

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:39 pm

Name/Serial Number: Skylar 2869917
Project Icarus age: 16
Time with Project Icarus: 14
Appearance: short, tanned dark, short silver hair, very thin body
Personality: unpredictable
Skills: ultra fast reaction time and increased running speed
Weapons: butterfly knives
Speed with weapons: 30mph (Not counting knives, they're ultralight titanium)
Speed without weapons: 40mph
Note: escaped project Icarus to join Red Resistance
um, this is gonna hurt me a little, i just know it, but i never finished the game. i've writen like six books after the idea for fun, so i guess i can keep up pretty well. anyway, let me know what i can do to the post so it's better, cuz i know it sucks. just as a precaution, i'll post myself as a runner.
Name: Skylar Etrius Wolf
Time with Red Resistance: first year
Appearance: (Same as above, just with dark brown hair)
Personality: (Same as above)
Special Abilities: better than average reaction time, high adrenalin output (Slow time for a bit, that ability), high pain threshold
Average top speed: about 34mph
Time from stopped to sprint: (Um, about one second is my real life time, not counting if i roll into it from standing still)
Speed with weapons: 25mph

anyway, hope i didnt embaras myself too bad. just let me know if i can use one or both. peace :D
We are who we are, not who we are meant to be, and anyone who says otherwise deserves what they get...which in my case would be a whole lot of freaking lead.
And here's my rp: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=37462

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xFerretGirlTheThirdx on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Mirror's Edge, I like. Save me a spot please and thank you X)

xFerretGirlTheThirdx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:07 pm

AlWayZFrE3, it is a decent post. If you weren't aware, Project Icarus runners were cops genetically modified to hunt down and slaughter runners. So far, the post is good. Maybe a little detail into his life history would be nice but other than that it is excellent. (I only put the sprint time from stopped to sprint because it takes a few seconds in game and I want to generalize an idea)

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:12 pm

oooooh, okay, then i'll just play as a runner. i have a lot more experience writing with juvinile characters, being just above driving age myself.
anyway, thanks and if there's anything i need to do to my other character, let me know
Peace

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xFerretGirlTheThirdx on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Name: Brianna Brown (Goes by Bones)
Time with Blues: Joined the day this rp begins
Appearance: Dark brown skin due to her African American heritage and waist long black hair that's braided. Her body build is a bit more on the thick side, but that's mostly becuase of muscle. Bones' eyes are so dark it's impossible to tell what color they are.
Personality: Bones is a tough young women who doesn't take crap from anybody. She does exactly what she's told and only does more if interested. People don't really mean much to her; she's the only important person in the world. Lastly, she has a growing hatred towards Runners.
Skills: Bones has an extremly sharp eyesight as well as nice flexability. Her weakness would be her speed.
Weapons: A pair of handguns
Speed with weapons: Noticebaly slower than most cops.
Speed without weapons: Her speed isn't dimished a whole lot, only a tad bit

xFerretGirlTheThirdx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:39 pm

Name: Skylar Etrius Wolf
Time with Red Resistance: first year
Appearance: short and lithe with short, wild brown hair and eyes the color of sapphire. normally wears biking gloves to keep his palms from bleeding in gravel and sharp landings, loose black cargo jeans, and a black muscle shirt.
Personality: unpredictable, wild, defiant
Special Abilities: better than average reaction time, extreme agility in close range, high pain threshold
Average top speed: about 40mph
Time from stopped to sprint: due to reaction time, almost as soon as he takes his second step
Speed with weapons: 25mph

okay, slight touchups made. if it's still okay, this is who i'm using
Last edited by AlWayZFrE3 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:46 pm

That is perfect, both of you.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Faith's Right Hand Man Galen Levick

Name: Galen Levick
Time with Red Resistance: Since Merc was in charge
Appearance: Image
Personality: Galen is a friendly person who has a strong vow to not kill anyone, even Blues. He will, however, kill PI subjects. (PI = Project Icarus) Galen will save the life of anyone in need on his way because he is a kind soul with the betterment of the city in mind.
Special Abilities: Enhanced speed, Greatly enhanced reaction time, Deadly accurate when running.
Average top speed: 45 MPH
Time from stopped to sprint: As soon as he decides to sprint.
Speed with weapons: 35 MPH

Head of the Blues, Lance Deagle

Name: Lance Deagle
Time with Blues: Seven years
Personality: Lance is a no bullshit type of guy. He gets done what needs to be done and then is done with it. He is especially hating of the Runners, ever since one of them killed his brother, Jacknife.
Skills: Deadly accurate with any weapon, can see movement from almost a mile away, knows he city like the back of his hand.
Weapons: Depends on what he needs that day
Speed with weapons: 10 MPH
Speed without weapons: 20 MPH

Scientific head of Project Icarus, Dr. Barnaby

Name/Serial Number: Dr. Leroy Barnaby
Project Icarus age: 47
Time with Project Icarus: 13 years
Personality: Is a kindly man who was brainwashed into becoming the scientist leader of Project Icarus. He is a patient man with a knack for science things. Always is in his lab.
Skills: Enhanced intelligence, accurate with a gun
Weapons: Chemicals and a pistol
Speed with weapons: 5 MPH
Speed without weapons: 10 MPH

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:35 pm

so...when are you gonna post the IC?
or do we need more players to start? i'm assuming we do

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:38 pm

I am going to make an IC topic right now actually. Then I will post a link. Hopefully more Mirror's Edge fans will join.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:53 pm

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:36 am

Hope this is okay...
*edited.

Name:
Marcinna "Marko" Vidal

Time with Red Resistance:
Two months before Merc died.

Appearance:

Personality:
She enjoys thrills and lives for thrills, especially when Running. She is quick to get along with and quite friendly, but when she is doing her job, she is very serious, she doesn't tell lies to her fellow Runners, and she is very straightforward and decisive. She had always wanted to be a Runner growing up, knowing and keeping the secret that three of her family members were Runners, her uncle 'Zip' (Nestor Vidal), and her cousins Ray (Raymond Lea) and 'Samba' (Ina Altman), and she watched the skies for them. She eventually decided to join Mercury's troupe of Runners, taking with her her family's ability to leap, but went into hiding the time they got in trouble with the Blues. When she went out of hiding, Merc was dead.

Special Abilities:
Superb flexibility, ability to leap high and leap far, fast reflexes

Average top speed:
45 mph

Time from stopped to sprint:
When she gains the right momentum, she picks up and goes on running.

Speed with weapons:
33 mph
Last edited by wednesdaysun on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeeHitsugaya on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:00 am

Still got room for a runner?

LeeHitsugaya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:27 pm

We have room for anything you want to be. I can always pull generic police and random PI subjects out of nowhere.

Also, Wednesdaysun approved.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Heavily interested. I'll make up a character sheet. And just for clarification, what are your rules for NPCs? I usually have an easier time introducing my characters through the use of nonessential NPCs who act more as a plot hook to get me into the current story.

But otherwise I love the Mirrors Edge game, and can't wait for the next 2 games, and definitely will work on a skeleton for this RP.

EDIT:::

Heres my Character Skeleton.

Name: Alexander "Alex" DeMargo

Time with Red Resistance: 3 weeks (Since initiation into the group. He has yet to do any missions alone.)

History: Alex is the son of a rich Congressman. Growing up in the high life, he had always watched from above, in his father's condominium, the city degrade into the totalitarian society it is today. He had never considered life as a Runner, and always expected to follow in his father's footsteps, until one night when an injured Runner came crashing through one of the skylight windows of his home. At first shocked, Alex wasted no time taking the Runner and hiding her under his bed. He then pointed the chasing Blues towards the door which he had left ajar. When he returned, the Runner was gone, and in her place, was a yellow bag with a folder slipped inside of it and a note on top, telling him where to deliver it. Alex felt drawn to the challenge the Runner left and picked up the messenger bag, heading out onto the balcony overhanging the city from his room. When he returned home, the broken skylight window was fixed, and there was a neatly folded letter sitting on his bed. It was an invitation to join the Red Resistance.

Recently, his father has been heavily pushing forward Anti-Runner Legislation, and is completely unaware of his son's actions. Alex prides secrecy above all else, because of the precarious position he holds, he is afraid of being recognized running.

Appearance:
Alex has dark brown hair, with matching dark brown eyes. Normally he is seen dressing his best, due to the fact that he is a 2nd year private university student and the son of a Congressman. When running, he is usually dressed in a tight form fitting white and gray suit with a mask.

Personality:
Alex is a bit reserved, but also seemingly nonchalant about danger or heavy situations. He displays confidence in his abilities in front of others, but deep down inside he is full of hesitance. One major noticeable trait is that when he gets nervous, he starts to crack dry humor jokes. He isn't one to abandon a friend, but his first inclination is self-preservation. You can't help someone if you are dead after all.

Special Abilities:
Runner Vision: Alex has keen eyesight and is able to pin point some of the best routes when running. He can use this to his advantage for finding easier and sometimes faster paths to destinations.

Adrenaline: Because of his awareness, Alex is able to completely take in his surroundings as things are going on around him. Time seems to slow for him, but this never lasts long as everything is a distraction when Alex is checking his surroundings.

Slow Reaction Time: Due to the fact that he is new to running, and hasn't seen much action, Alex's reaction time is slow, and he can spend more time in shock and thinking about what action to take, than actually taking the action.

Average top speed: 40 mph

Time from stopped to sprint: After roughly 3-5 feet.

Speed with weapons: 20 mph (If forced) Alex has no weapon proficiency and refuses to run with them.
Last edited by papolatte on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Lance Clayton

papolatte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:12 am

Name:Caliban
Time with Red Resistance:as long as he can remember
Appearance:Image long black hair, tall muscled frame, reddish brown eyes. wears his normal clothes, even when running, and he wears boots to.
Personality: stand off-ish with dark lonely air a
Special Abilities: Runner Vision, high adrenaline to slow time
Average top speed:60 mph
Time from stopped to sprint: 25 secs, depending on the surface his on
Speed with weapons: 55 mph

[haven't play the game, but have heard of it]

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:37 pm

60mph is a little much, dont you think?

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:05 pm

I'm getting anxious, I really wanna post! Approve me now or suffer my ultimate wrath. Or what me cry. But you will feel bad. Oh yes you will.

And I'm replaying the game now. I love this aha.

papolatte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:14 pm

If I could post anything past this laughing, it won't be worth reading. :D

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!