Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mirror's Edge: Band of Runners

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Mirror's Edge: Band of Runners

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:45 pm

[to AlWayZFrE3] not realy, since he rarely runs above 57mph

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:14 am

Hi there. I just got through replaying the game a week or so ago, and then I stumbled across this! I'm rather excited. I'd like to know if you're still accepting Runner characters, but if not, I have a character for the Blue's if that's okay.

Name: Juliana "Jules" Tanner
Time with Red Resistance: Eight Years

History: Jules was left with her older brother when their parents were killed in the November incident. They were brought in by Merc, and trained to be Runners. She and Faith had a lot in common, but Jules went dormant three and a half years ago; however, her brother, Ellis Tanner, continued to be a Runner. He was wounded in a shootout with the Blues, but managed to escape, finding his way to her apartment via an open window. He was carrying a bag at the time, its yellow material stained with his blood. Though she tried to save her brother's life, her attempts were in vain. His last request was to bring the bag back to the Runners. Jules dug out her old Running gear and donned it once again, returning to the Red's after about six months since she had "retired".

Now, back with the Runners and abandoning her job working for a business dealing in computer networking, she wonders if she could have saved his life if she had been there beside him. Likewise, at the news of Merc's death, who was also like an older brother to her, she wonders if Running is worth it. But she does it for Ellis. And for the friends she left behind three years ago.

Appearance: (I'd prefer to let you form your own picture through my writing if that's okay.) Jules has blond hair that goes down to her shoulders, and dark blue eyes. Her skin is tanned to a light brown from all the time she spends out in the sun. She usually wears red shooters gloves (gloves with open fingers) so that she can easily maneuver, but still protect her hands, a blue tank top, and black shorts, along with tennis shoes and a red neck sash (kind of like a scarf but thinner). She stands at about 5'9" and weights approximately 150 lbs. (Average Build)

Personality: Jules is tough. She won't let people walk all over her without getting a fat lip and black eye, but she will only beat the stuffing out of you. When fighting the Blues, she always tries to disarm and escape. However, when that isn't an option, she won't hesitate to pick up a gun and shoot, but only as a last resort. While she is friendly to the other Runners, they often remind her of her brother, Ellis, who died three years ago in a shootout with the Blues. She often blames herself for his death.

Special Abilities: Hand to Hand combat expertise, small amount of medicinal expertise, and honed reflexes.

Average top speed: 42 MPH
Time from stopped to sprint: About two seconds.
Speed with weapons: Depends on the weapons she's carrying. She carries a nine millimeter handgun at all times, so it goes into her average speed. Additional handguns don't usually slow her down too much, but things like rifles or shotguns tend to bring her down to about 30 MPH.

-------------------------------------------

Name: Lucius K. Brant
Time with Blues: Twelve Years

History: Lucius has been with the force for as long as he cares to remember, and he's still doing grunt work out in the field. Nothing wrong with that, of course, because otherwise they bolt you to the floor and turn you into a paper pusher. No thanks. He'd much rather be out there with the wind in his hair and his sniper rifle in his hands. He has a nasty scar going down his right arm from an incident with a Runner. When he had been younger, more foolish, and faster, he had been chasing a Runner across the rooftops. The Runner jumped a gap between the roofs and Lucius tried to follow, falling short and ending up ripping his arm open on the way down. Two hours of hanging from a gutter pipe, an hour of hospital time, and eighteen stitches later, a very tired and very PO'd Lucius returned to the offices. Very quickly did tales of "Little Rookie Lucie's adventure" spread, giving him a very humorous reputation. Times have changed since then. He has four confirmed Runner kills and has earned a new reputation. You don't live this long being a pansy.

Appearance: Lucius has short black hair, as well as cold brown eyes. He is garbed in a bullet proof vest, and standard Blue uniform. He stands at about 6'0" and weighs about 172. (Average to Heavy Build) He has a long scar running from the top of his right shoulder to his elbow.

Personality: Lucius is not the friendliest man on the force, nor is he the most lenient. In fact, you could actually say he was kind of a prick. He demands respect from those under him, and reluctantly obeys those above him. He'd rather shoot runners, and even suspected runners, on the spot and ask questions later. (Probably why he hasn't advanced too far up the old ladder of ranks). He doesn't trust those weirdos over in Icarus either. Freaks of nature, just like the Runners.

Skills: Intimidation, a steady trigger finger, and a left hook like a freight train. (Yes, he's left-handed)

Weapons: Most often, a sniper rifle in the back of a Blue patrol copter. He has a .45 for close quarters. That, and his trusty left hook.

Speed with weapons: Approximately 12 MPH
Speed without weapons: 18 MPH

I can play either character, or both if you'd like. Either way, if you see something that needs changing, just drop me a PM.
Beware the Wrath of Color Changing Kirby.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:56 am

Every profile pending approval is now APPROVED!

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Posted. It's a bit lengthy, but it's my introduction post so I almost always try to make them longer.

I do tend to post quite a bit though, but since this seems to be a short form RP, I'll try to keep the rest of my posts on par with everyone else's in length.
--------------------------------------------------------
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

-Lance Clayton

papolatte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:17 am

Name: Takuya Neku Wolf
Time with Red Resistance: first year
Appearance: short and lithe, tanned darker than his brother, has pinkish eyes, like quartz. normally wears biking gloves to keep his palms from bleeding in gravel and sharp landings, loose black cargo jeans, and a black muscle shirt, same as Sky.
Personality: ultimately defiant, though wolf loyal to any of his or his brother's friends
Special Abilities: insane top speed and running ability. ultra high adrenalin gives ability to slow time in his own mind at a much greater capacity than others. also has a sixth sense when grinding, leading to his nickname: Togu
Average top speed: about 60mph
Time from stopped to sprint: non existant
Speed with weapons: 40mph
Takuya wears special shoes with metalic teeth covering the whole bottoms, facing behind like grips. Used mainly to grind and slide, though their combat application is obvious

as promised, here's Takuya. if he's too overpowered, i needed him to be a little higher than Sky and make it make a difference, so i'm sorry. and again, really sorry about the big storyline change. peace
Last edited by AlWayZFrE3 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are who we are, not who we are meant to be, and anyone who says otherwise deserves what they get...which in my case would be a whole lot of freaking lead.
And here's my rp: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=37462

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:35 am

So I decided to post a bio for Chloe. Anyone can use her. She is an NPC. Just wanted to give her more substance.

Also, Onyx, do you think you could post a bio on Faith? I mean granted any of us who have played the game know enough about her, but since years can change people, I'm curious as to how you intend to play her, and what to expect from her with my character.

Anyways, Chloe's bio... I'll be sure to do one for any NPCs I throw in here, least any important ones.

Name: Chloe Escala

Time with Red Resistance: Roughly 4 years

Appearance:

Personality: Though kind and a bit worrisome, Chloe is very affirmative and decisive, taking no decision lightly and making choices when they need to be made. She is known to be a bit reckless and will act without waiting on others, but its quick to scold others who do the same. (So essentially play her as a decisive, action-oriented character.)

History: NPC... so whoever wants to make it can make it.

Special Abilities:
Combat Finesse: Chloe maintains a degree of combat skill, especially with hand to hand due to training prior to joining the RR.

Quick Reflexes: She is known for reacting quickly, and thinking quickly, making split second decisions last minute, both when moving and planning ahead.

High Adrenaline: Due to her quick thinking, she is able to analyze most situations as they are happening around her, giving her time to think and see things, when others are normally rushing about.

Average top speed: 43 mph

Time from stopped to sprint: 4 seconds

Speed with weapons: 38 mph

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:49 pm

((Gotcha. I would gladly make a bio for Faith. Also, Chloe approved, although I never had a problem with her in the first place. P.S She is hot))

Name: Faith
Time with Red Resistance: Ever since she was 18
Appearance:
Personality: ((Although this may sound like the personality from the booklet, I have beaten the game like, six times. I have the story memorized)) Faith is a tough, self reliant kind of person who spent her childhood growing up and watching her parents protesting. This made her feel strongly about the resistance, then not at all, and then strong about it. She loves the Resistance and all the Runners she works with.
History: Fatth grew up watching her parents protesting the changes the city was coming about with. She ran away when she was 16, calling the cause and the resistance a lie. When she was 18, she was found by Merc after she broke into his house. Impressed by her skills to not only sneak, but to Parkour, he made her his apprentice. She had been running with the Resistance before it was the Resistance until she was 24. When she turned 24, she uncovered corruption at the very heart of the city when Robert Pope was murdered and her sister was framed for said murder. Throughout all of unframing her sister, Faith was "responsible" for the death of Jacknife who happened to be Lance Deagle's brother. Faith took out everyone trying to kill her, saved her sister, walked in on a dying Merc in his HQ, and took up the responsibility. Since then, she had been the leader of the Red Resistance.
Special Abilities:
Runner Vision: Faith has the ability to see what routes are fastest, even before the most prestigious runners.
Increased Adrenaline: Faith can slow down time to what appears to be slow motion, almost that of the Matrix.
Extreme Hand-Eye Coordination: Faith has excellent hand-eye coordination, so much so that she doesn't even really need to use her eyes.
Immediate reaction time: Faith has an instantaneous reaction time, letting her do almost anything.
Average top speed: 45 MPH
Time from stopped to sprint: First step
Speed with weapons: 35 MPH

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Yeah I know. I wanted to make Chloe super attractive. I don't control her directly, for anybody to use really, but in Alex's post, I mentioned she seemed to like Galen. Anyone can expand on that. Even you. She's essentially an NPC like Faith. At least, I don't plan on taking control of her directly, just from Alex's POV.

And chyuh, after I saw this RP, it made me go back and pop in Mirrors Edge. I'm trying to do all those speedruns now. So fun.

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:24 pm

I love that game. I beat it like, five times, once on the hardest difficulty while not firing a single bullet. That, was hard. And I might try to capitalize on Chloe, but Galen also doesn't like to get close to people and Sky is an example of why.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:06 am

gee, thanks -_-

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby papolatte on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 am

Oop I'm sorry Aufeis. I originally was thinking of a reply to your dialogue, then I read the flashback you had, the dialogue switch towards Marko, and then you leaving, and I simply forgot. Definitely didn't mean to completely ignore you.

Very sorry :(

papolatte
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:39 pm

holy shit O_O
anyway, af man, dont kill Takuya, plz. he's my best and only character left for this one
plus, you didn't say the place was FULL of officers, not to mention there were that many on the roof -_-

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:56 pm

Wasn't on the roof. Only the co-pilot was on the roof. The police officers were in the building from when they jumped out of the chopper. I was never planning on killing him, or even capture him. And the whole spike thing into Lucius' back was an auto-hit. Watch it, would you?

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 am

firstly, it was point blank and minimal damage, pinpricks at best. secondly, i thought you took off your flak? lastly, it was for dramatic purposes only...and a little to piss off Lucius >_>
point remains; it was harmless. sorry if it seemed otherwise, i'll try to be careful

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:10 am

*Looks at Lucius*

He doesn't already seem pissed off? Here, let me just...*rearranges Lucius' face* There. Now he looks really pissed.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:12 pm

WOOHOO! VENGEANCE! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
so, anyway, who's gonna start talking to the crazy bastard i been working with? something has to be done about relationship between Takuya and Sky, just a thought

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:00 am

Galen and Faith most likely. Galen has semi-beef and Faith tries to maintain peace within the Resistance.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:17 am

It should probably be Jules, because she knows what he's going through, with the death of her brother.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OnyxSpy on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:05 am

True. Faith has to be there too. I am gonna be adding a flashback where her sister dies so she will also know what it is like.

OnyxSpy
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!