Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

OOC:Tag Battle: Fight in the Sky!!!

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

OOC:Tag Battle: Fight in the Sky!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm a EPIC loving person, and I'm not sure how this would be done but I think if would make for a really exciting Rp battle, so I wanted to test it first, in a Tag Team match with four separate people in teams of two)) I do realize that it will be difficult, but its my spur of the moment thinking o.o

Setting:A typical city with skyscrapers and many other kinds of buildings, alleyways ((Think new york folks)) This city will be known at Apollus City

Rules:
-All combatants cannot touch the ground, This means that all fighting must be done on rooftops and or in the air
-Both teammates can work independently, or together to stay on rooftops
-The goal is to either K.O your opponent or make them touch the ground
-Wings and jetpacks are Forbidden
-Gravity and physics are bendable to a point ((Players are allowed the ability to perform building scaling jumping off of solid objects
-Use the use of momentum is recommended
-The use of weapons is permitted, both to attack, defense, and prevent from touching the ground
-The city is completely vacant and things can be destroyed and used as long as they are not found on the ground ((Realistic things,
-The use of magic is restricted ((I will elaborate below))
-Technology is restricted ((Read Below))
-Poisons are permitted ((No instant death poisons or paralysis, Slow acting poisons only))
-Celestial powers ((Black holes, universe manipulation...etc)) are restricted in the same terms as magic
------------------------------------------------------
The plot of the Rp is a company called FightTech that sanctions special matches between fighters, Tag Team or Mano y Mano ((One on One)) with specific rules that must be followed. All combatants are required to wear special bracelets that restrict different powers and abilities of fighters to completely balance the rules between fighters. The name of this specific match is "Airborne" All the rules that are stated above are all the restricts set into place by the bracelets. Magic and energy are restricted as follows:

Magic can be used to attack opponents, but it cannot be used to create solid objects or summon creatures of any kind. Magic powers are also reduced to being used as projectiles and earth is not usable because it will instantly cause disqualification. Teleportation magic is restricted to one usage per contestant and after being used consumes enough energy and fatigue to hinder the player unable to attack or defend for one turn after usage. ((Use it wisely.))

Combatants can use the environment around them to their advantage as well as their teams advantage ((Example: If one teammate is caught in a situation where they would touch the ground, something could be thrown to help them reach the next building, ledge, wall..etc

Weapons are permitted for attack usage and to aid in staying off the ground ((I.E stabbing ones sword, into a building or wall to slow decent. Whips chains, grappling hooks, cannot be used although chain weapons can; remember that they can only support so much weight, don't abuse them. Firearms are restricted, bombs can be used ((Reasonable explosions, traps all allowed)) Jetpacks and other "Flying aids" are forbbiden

Gravity can be bended of course ((Not by magic, but the use of physics and momentum are allowed. Remember that gravity does still exist and it someone leaps into to air to attack or is thrown, theres only so much that can be done to help.

Energy ((Chi, Spiritual Force, Chakra..etc)) can be used to increase jump height, attack, Defend. Sticking to buildings and walls can be used briefly ((For one turn)) before the player must leave jump off or risk submitting to gravity.

Terms of Defeat:
-If a combatant comes in contact with the ground in anyway: Any part of the body, Ground Vehicles, Trees, they and their team are disqualified, lo
-If both members of a team are K.O
Last edited by Liquidus on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Tag Battle: Fight in the Sky!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Is technology allowed in the fight? Like jetpacks, guns, lasers, and the like??
Slow Poster Alert: Expect me to post, but be ready to wait. Life is hectic.
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonWingedPhoenix on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:09 pm

Is this a battle of four separate people or two people controlling two characters each ?

NeonWingedPhoenix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Noctem:
Dear God I forgot Technology!!! O_O ((Editing))

Neon: I'm talking four separate entities

I'll lay out more rule covering those details >_< Can't believe a skipped out of technology

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm o some extent intrested, but can you keep it short snappy?

There should be two, no more, no less. One to embody power, one to crave it. "
- Darth Bane
" I? I am peace, I am salvation."
- Grave mind

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:32 pm

I can't wait to see! I just made a character who I wanna take on a test run, but I'm not sure if you will allow him...

characters/Aka%20NaNor

With your power Decreasing bracelets, he shouldn't be too powerful, but we'll see what you think.

If not, I've got some others I can use... =)

Perhaps if I used him without his suit, and before he went on his interdimensional killing spree.. would that be okay?

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:00 pm

Comrade Vacilli:
Well, you might want to be as detailed as possible o.o Remember its pretty dangerous and you will need to focus on dodging attacks and not getting disqualified..Use as much detail as you think should be needed. I will be calling out the fouls and questionable things

Noctemwolf:
You can use his, but that blackhole stuff is shot down. And being near "Godlike" his strength would be lowered to a point of being within' rules and restrictions o.o Remember that crazy powerful characters will be limited to keep things fair:

..Antimagnet force that allows him to repel matter and energy. Through this power, he is also able to attract energy and matter, and can absorb them,as well as shape them into new things, such as black holes (one of his favorite ranged projectiles). He wears a high tech suit designed for him by slaves in the Quadra-5 Universe, before he absorbed the universe's mass and moved on. The XX-Infinita suit amplifies his already staggering mutant power, making it possible for his abilities to cross dimensional barriers and even the time stream. Through it, he can use his power to keep others from messing with the time stream, making his one real weakness harder to attack. Though his ability to absorb mass and enrgy is not infinite,he has used the power of his techology to create alternate dimensions in which he can store extra unused mass and energy, thus allowing him infinite storage. He carries a sword with him as well, very large and similar in appearance to the sword Nightmare from Soul Calibur which allows him to overcome his strange reaction to gold. {Sorry, I couldn't think of any other way to describe it.}

All this would be shot down o.o The sword is fine, remember that you might have the strength to swing it but, mid air , its pretty freaking heavy I bet o.o Don't forget his armor also. ((Editing rules more...o.o))

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:05 pm

OKay. Thanks! So no black holes, no suit, sword is allowed. This would be before he went on his mad quest to be a god, then. =)

Oh, wait. are the bolded parts supposed to mean something? I just noticed you bolded some of it.

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonWingedPhoenix on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:17 pm

Here is my character for the fight.

Name: Hirogashi Momogi
Height: 5'5
Weight: 120
Appearance : Short, brown hair, large purple eyes, slightish build. Wears black Kimono underneath his white Captains Haori. He is the Captain of Fourth Division in Seireitei.
Weapons : A katana with brightly polished blade. The hilt is wrapped in dark blue cloth with a black rayskin covering underneath. The sheath is also dark blue . This is the unsealed fortm

Shikai : Shine Gengetsu A large black recurved bow with blackened metal covering the majority of the curve to offer some defensive power. Arrow fired from Gengetsu take the properties of the Kido spell they are indued with { They blow up on contact or stun/capture}

Versed in Kido spells one through eighty.

NeonWingedPhoenix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:21 pm

Noctemwolf:
Well I copied and pasted the part of his equipment/abilities to point of things; the bolded stuff is the definitely restricted stuff o.o Is just a second I'll post my character up...((Seconds later))

characters/Shion%20Karasu%20Julietta

This is the character I'm using, under his history is a little bit on his abilities and style.

-----------------------
------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
Here is my character for the fight.

Name: Hirogashi Momogi
Height: 5'5
Weight: 120
Appearance : Short, brown hair, large purple eyes, slightish build. Wears black Kimono underneath his white Captains Haori. He is the Captain of Fourth Division in Seireitei.
Weapons : A katana with brightly polished blade. The hilt is wrapped in dark blue cloth with a black rayskin covering underneath. The sheath is also dark blue . This is the unsealed fortm

Shikai : Shine Gengetsu A large black recurved bow with blackened metal covering the majority of the curve to offer some defensive power. Arrow fired from Gengetsu take the properties of the Kido spell they are indued with { They blow up on contact or stun/capture}

Versed in Kido spells one through eighty.

Careful with shinigami, he can't use his spiritual force to stay in the air...and his abilities are basically brought to my character above level. MY character is human but he can be stronger with enough detail and control o.o
Last edited by Liquidus on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:35 pm

(removed)
Last edited by Noctemwolf on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noctemwolf on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Okay than. I've got to go for now. I will post a modified version of his character sheet when I get back. This is looking as if it will shape up to be a wonderful RP!
Last edited by Noctemwolf on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noctemwolf
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonWingedPhoenix on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Yes, I was going to rely on his swordsmanship for most of his offensive and defensive capabilities , he will be able to run and leap about buildings using his Reitsu, correct ?

NeonWingedPhoenix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:43 pm

I hope So! I really want this to be EPIC. The rules are good...I think. They should allow everyone to play on a leveled field. And I already have a couple of things in mind to start off the battle with one epic opening. hopefully we can get one more in here. And I hope its not a sausagefest, some women fighters would mix up the teams o.o

NeonWingedPhoenix:
Yes, he would that would be perfect. It would be a bust if the rules allowed flying...I don't prefer wings, and Shion would be at a massive disadvantage. The restrained are also to stop the magicheads from going to town on my characters, which most of them will have a magic/long range deficiency. I do like the idea of a Trigun theme fight o,o

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yushia on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:28 am

Oh Mai gosh EPIC IDEA. But why is it they can't touch the ground? is it like, a large expanse of space controlled by 'that guy' and he made the rules of the 'game' to not touch the ground?

Also, is this one of those, I'm just going to beat him up until he's unconscious types or is this the fight to the death type?

(woops just noticed that x_x my bad. I can't spell for the life of me)
Last edited by Yushia on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Yushia
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:10 am

Yushia wrote:Oh Mai gosh EPIC IDEA. But why is it they can't touch the ground? is it like, a large expanse of space controlled by 'that guy' and he made the rules of the 'game' to not touch the ground?

Also, is this one of those, I'm just going to beat him up until he's unconcious types or is this the fight to the death type?

((Note: You spelled Unconscious wrong x.x I can't help it..sorry)) Well, I kinda dislike deathmatches..people get really edgy and they don't have fun. They do it just to win and stay alive. I'd hate for my first character to get beat and I'd have to shut down all the work I put in.. :? Besides, I would spend too much time on my post trying to avoid errors. Too much stress for my first real fight here.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:24 am

Name- Marcel de Louise
Age- 25
Race- Someone speices form another dimension Fox like
Weapons- Scimitar, crossbow, spear, and gladius.
Powers- Non existent except he can defy gravity by jumping across buildings. He also has the abillty of running up buildings while he's falling.
Reason- Well he was kidnapped and if he wins, he takes the winnings and builds up a mafia which would then crush the company for kidnapping.
Last edited by Comrade Vacilli on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yushia on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:30 am

Thats true, life or death situations always tend to be edgy. So I guess losing would be either a K.O or you hitting the ground. Thats cool. Can I join this? :E
I'll make a girl, so it won't be a COMPLETE sausagefest. (though technically, it is anyways.)

Yushia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:16 am

Yushia wrote:Thats true, life or death situations always tend to be edgy. So I guess losing would be either a K.O or you hitting the ground. Thats cool. Can I join this? :E
I'll make a girl, so it won't be a COMPLETE sausagefest. (though technically, it is anyways.)

Heck, yeah we need four people. o.o
-----------------------------
----------------------
------------

Name- Marcel de Louise
Age- 25
Race- Someone speices form another dimension Fox like
Weapons- Scimitar, crossbow, spear, and gladius.
Powers- Non existent except he can defy gravity by jumping across buildings
Reason- Well he was kidnapped and if he wins, he takes the winnings and builds up a mafia which would then crush the company for kidnapping.

^^^^ Your character seems kinda flat o.o No powers or anything? And he can defy gravity by jumping across buildings. My character can do that just as he is. You don't exactly have to state it. And I guess I'll add in a monetary prize for the winner. If your going to make a character bent on crushing my company, then it would help if the company had a history. Maybe I could turn that into something O_O

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yushia on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:52 am

Name: Hifumi Talendra
race: Human (enhanced?)
weapons: a serated asian-type spear. And 2 butterfly swords, smoke bombs
powers: parkour? acrobats? (mixed martial arts, and limited ninjustu possible)
Last edited by Yushia on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yushia
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!