Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Elements (OOC, and the Signups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Elements (OOC, and the Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trinityliger on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:48 pm

This RP takes place dating back to around The Fourteenth Century.

OVERVIEW
:

The year is 1345 A.D. Around four hundred years ago, there was a battle between the Nature Gods, and the Humans with their allies. There were around only Five Nature gods around; Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Lightning. In the end, the Nature gods agreed to leave the Humans alone. Along with this, the humans were gifted with a certain extent of Elemental abilities. They did, however leave one curse: The humans would quarrel about themselves. Through the Nature Gods' fury, also came the creation of Dragons.

The number of Dragons are limited. Only a maximum of Fifteen have been sighted. Each represents an element. Lately, the Elemental gods have been laughing at the Humans' stupidity, awaiting them for the next big war to begin. So far, the seeds have only been planted, but wait.

There are Five Kingdoms, and each has a land feature that is unique.

Demethos: Land of Earth

Broa: Land of wind

Khani: Land of Water

Bellacon: Land of Fire

Haitari : Land of Lightning.
Last edited by Trinityliger on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BLUE HAIRED BOY BY DAY, BUT LIVING ARMORED NIGHTMARE BY NIGHT

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Trinityliger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Elements

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:51 pm

could i be a dragon or something, like possibly the dragon of fire? i stillw anna take part in this, so if i cant be a dragon, ill know a char ill use.
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world."
~Leo F. Buscaglia

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trinityliger on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Character Sheet:

Name: (Last, Middle, First)

Alias: (What do people call you around here)

Specialty: (Do they use Elements, or Weapons mostly? Or is it mixed?)

Weapon: (What weapon does your character use in combat?)

Background: (This is pretty much the history. I want it to be at least a paragraph)

Appearance: (What do they look like? I'll accept a picture)

Race: ( I encourage all to make a unique race. It can be made up, or it can be based off another)

Personality: (How are they in society?)

Nature, and Element:
Allegiance: (What Kingdom)

Trinityliger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:55 pm

hmmm.... soo... ill just make the char then, ill assume thats a no on dragon? or is it, ill wiat for char sheet till i get the answer, but i really wanna join this, its cool. :D

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trinityliger on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Actually, I haven't made the Dragon Sheet yet

Trinityliger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:58 pm

oh, ok, ill make a character then, and maybe, if its ok with you, when u make dragon sheet i could eb adragon too, gimme a sec to make my char sheet.

HERE IS THE SHEET!! :D

Name: Mazza Hirak (no middle name)

Alias: He is known as the "Emporer Of Light" for his superb abilities at controlling the element of light.

Specialty: Mazza only uses his elements, he can make them into weapons if he wants, he has spent his entire life mastering the element of light.

Weapon: If he uses a weapon (which he normally wont) It would be his staff, it has a crystal ball on the top and can generate light that he can use for his attacks.

background: Mazza was born in the Land of Fire. There he met a master of light and trained under him until Mazza betrayed him and killed him. mazza then trained on his own. Eventually he became so powerful, he was known to be called "The Emporer Of Light". He has always been traveling, but stays in the land of fire, for he secretly serves the land of fire, even thought he says he works for nobody. Now he trains every night hoping to obtain the ability to enter the avatar state of light, and become a Light Avatar.

Appearance: (ill us e a picture and the explain further) Image
ok, this pic is basically what he looks like, the armor and everything, but imagine the hair being white and the skin and everything else about him looking older. He also wears a hood that hides his face and gloves that hide his hands.

Race: His Race is unknown, as he has never let anybody see his face or skin. The only one who has was his old master, and Mazza killed him.

Personality: Mazza is good with people, he knows how to appease the masses, or scare them into following him. But overall he can be a good people person, just dont get him angry and turn your back on him, he will attack you.

Nature, and Element: Mainly uses the element of light, but can concentrate it so much, it burns like fire would burn.
Allegiance: Publicly, he works for nobody, but secretly he works for the land of Fire.
Last edited by Lord-of-Stone on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trinityliger on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:02 pm

Sure, and I forgot that you can mix up elements:

For example:

Water + Wind = Ice. But your character needs to be quite far into the RP to do such things.

Another one is: Wind + Earth = Sand.

It goes on forever

Trinityliger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trinityliger on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Dragon Sheet (They're limited!)

Name:

Creator: (Which elemental god created him, or her? The names are: Daros for Earth, Getsth for Wind, Weck for Water, Dirret for Fire, and Jytsu for Lightning)

Appearance:

Elemental Mastery:

Siblings?:

Background:

Speech: (Can they speak in Human tongue, or Elven Tongue?)

Personality:

Alignment: (Neutral, Bad, good, Lawful?)

Scale Color:

Companion-ed with human? (Are they with a human partner?)

If So...what's their name?

Trinityliger
Member for 15 years

Re: The Elements (OOC, and the Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Dragon sheet. :D if its ok with you, if it isnt ill delete this.

Name: Kira

reator: Jytsu

Appearence: (once again ill sue a picture.) Image
Kira is about 40 feet long and when standing about 35 feet tall.

Elemental Mastery: electricity

Siblings: to be determined, (as in if other dragon chars wanna be a sibling to my dragon)

Background: Kira was born in a cave, whether or not there were other eggs around her she did not see. She travelled into the open land and foraged for herself. She grew quickly, and has only seldomly met another dragon, so seeing another one would still shock her. At about the age of 50 Feora met Mazza. Mazza and Kira have been traveling together ever since then, but they only can be seen together at night, as Mazza doesnt want to attract attention having a dragon with him. Although, Kira is always close by in the skies.

Speech: she speaks human tongue and only a bit of elven tongue.

Personality: Kira is a fun loving and active dragon. She is quite litteraly the opposite of Mazza as personality goes, so it is strange to see them together, although for some reason they enjoy each others company.

Alignment: Lawful, She will only Help Mazza with something if it helps bring things to justice for the wrongs that have been done.

Scale color: silvery yellow

Companion-ed: yes

Name of Companion: Mazza.

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:15 pm

By "nature" do you mean alignment? Like Chaotic Neutral?
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet DK on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Wait, so right now, we're humans, but we have powers from the nature gods? Or are we nature gods? Can I be a nature god in disguise?

Sweet DK
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Name
Namine Lynn Kay

Alias
Nari

Specialty
A mixture of the two, she prefers not to use her magic though.

Weapon
She uses a shurikens as well as throwing knives and a short sword.

Background
Not much is known about Namine Kay.
She was born in a small town in Broa to a Banshee mother and a Bakeneko father. Her parents raised her there for ten years before they were accused of absurd crimes. Her father was accused of reanimating the dead and being a witch's familiar, and her mother was accused of killing the people before her husband reanimated them. The people knew this not to be true, but they convicted the husband and wife anyways, sentencing them to death.
The town was yet to know that a child had been born between the two, a Bakenshé child. She fled into the forest and has since been traveling from town to town for fifty years, yet still she retains the appearance of a thirteen year old girl.

Appearance

Race
Bakenshé

The Bakenshé are a race of people descended from the Bakeneko who interbred with the Banshee. An identifying trait of the race is their feline-resembling features and grace as well as their extremely slow aging.
The specie is also prone to being born with cat ears and a tail that are always the same color as their hair. They are well known for their unusual hair colors.
They are also known for their ability to smell death coming.

Personality
Timid and cautious, she wears clothes that cover her body very well when she is in public. She doesn't talk much, still learning the human language. She can speak in the language of cats fluently and often accidentally speaks in that language instead of human.
Overall she is very gentle and polite and loves making friends, though most people are unable to accept her because she is different, and she has been chased from many a town because of that difference.

Sex
Female

Element
Wind

Allegiance
She is truly a rogue.
Namine dislikes fighting, but she will gladly assassinate someone for a few coins.
noot noot

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trinityliger on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:36 pm

To answer "Sweet DK", yes, you have been gifted with some control of the Nature Element gods.

At DCLXI: sure, it's like an alignment.

To the rest who have given submissions, You're all accepted.

Trinityliger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:17 pm

yay! :D This sounds like a cool idea, cant wait till it starts up.

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bugsly on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:38 pm

Name: Sanoh Shrik

Alias:He is commonly known as "Unholy filth" or "Chatoic scum"

Specialty:Heavy Two handed weapons

Weapon:A large two handed sword inscribed with his marking from the north.

Background:Sanoh's past is veiled in mystery. However it is known he was born in the northern lands near what is now known as Denmark. He was born near Copenhagen, his parents were unknown. It was likely they were warriors, or at least his father was. Sanoh grew up with the Shroud Warriors. (The Shroud warriors is not a cult but a people who believe in violence and fight for their gods. Much like the vikings.... except most Shroud Warriors are pretty "evil".) Who believed in many gods, many of which are considered "evil" or "Blasphomeous" by most of the world. Sanoh grew up to be calm, but incredibly aggressive in combat. No one is sure why he left his village, one rumor is that he murdered a holy person. Another is that he killed someone in combat.

Sanoh headed south, he joined a mercanary group and fought in a couple of small city state wars in modern day Germany. This is also shrouded. He is said to live in a remote town in Prussia, living with other of his race. Possibly raising an army to fight agaisnt those who want them dead? He has no concerns for the humans, but he will fight for them. Even for their petty element war.

Appearance:http://koc-guild.com/miz/Chaos%20Warrior.jpg, theres the link.

He stands 6' 9". He is a huge figure in his metal armor. He is a walking tank, nearly unstoppable like his race.

Race:(Total Warhammer Ripoff) The Shroud warriors are a huge race, in size. Not population. They are not unified and have no kingdoms except far north. They worship gods of evil, in most people's opinion. Some of them are very calm. However they are all warlike. They take any chance for war. Some can be slightly peaceful, choosing not to fight because the war seems pointless.

Shroud Warriors have never unified agaisnt their mortal enemy. The dominating forces who serve under the light. Who would have them all dead for worshipping Pagan gods. The reason for this is because, they feel they cannot win. They are few in number, but despite this. They don't seem to relize their own strength. One Shroud Warrior can take on almost twenty men! They are warlike and brutal. Some say they are preparing for a "Dark Crusade."

Personality:Sanoh is calm, and very quiet in public. He tries to go unoticed (which is difficult) however during small private meeting for war. He is straight forward, and can become angry at others for disagreeing for his plans for the greater power of his people.

Nature, and Element:Shroud Warriors have no elemental powers.

Allegiance:Sanoh is in allegiance to the Shroud Warriors. Only to the kingdom to the north. He will fight for whoever pays. He may fight for a greater cause, but it is somewhat unlikely.

I just wanna get something cleared, I'm not some Satanic evil person. I just wanted a kind of evil, misunderstood guy for a character. So don't want anyone thinking I'm satanic or atheist or something.
Last edited by Bugsly on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoidberg? I dont know ask the thermal nuclear bunnies...... whoopdey im random lol. :D

^That was a while ago and my nostalgic sense of childhood/teen years refuses to let me remove it. So, yay.

Bugsly
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Name: Valkyrie Chemist

Alias: Healer

Specialty: Mixed

Weapon: Staff

Background: Valkyrie lived what she believed to be a fairly normal childhood. Sure, she was an elf and one of few that existed according to common knowledge. Her mother and father were happy and they treated her well, passing all the knowledge they had down to her and much like her mother she learned that she had natural healing abilities. Combined with her mother's knowledge of herbalism and her father's knowledge of battle, she grew up to be a talented healer with enough strength to defend herself should the occasion call for it.

Having only one sibling, an older brother, Zacharia. She lived a fairly happy life until 50 years ago when her brother became corrupt in his training and murdered everyone in their village, except her. He had been unable to bring himself to kill the young girl and instead disappeared. Despite Zacharia's corruption, she has done well to prove to everyone that she is not a murderer. Quite the opposite in fact. No word was heard of Zacharia again until the last couple months, during which several strange deaths have occurred and the rumors say that it may in fact be her brother.
Appearance: Image

Race: Elf (Im a sucker for a classic.)

Personality: Valkyrie has a warm and gentle personality. She is compassionate to others but fierce in her opinions and very up front when stating them. As a healer and an elf, she has no real respect for personal space.

Nature, and Element: Water.
Allegiance: Valkyrie swears allegiance to the Gods placing her faith mostly in Daros, The god of Earth and Weck, The god of water (That is if this is alright)
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trinityliger on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Excellent, all accepted! haha I'm so mad right now, because I haven't even made my own character yet! And to my good friend Bugs: No, the church does not take part in this because this is a fantasy, so we'll just forget about that for now. Although, if it does later become a part, I guess we'll improvise.

Trinityliger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:18 pm

o man.... that guy is epic looking buggy :D

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trinityliger on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Got My character...finally!

Name: Isaac "Ike" Jarrod
Sex: Male
Appearance: Image One (Beginning) Image Two (Later) Image Three (Time skip?) Image Four (much later
Kengo has Blue hair, and blue eyes. His hair is slightly darker than his eyes. He wears gloves that don't completely cover his hands, but they cover his palms, and wrists. On the gloves, there is metal along the center of the back, and the wrists.

He wears a blue shirt that has a collar to match his hair, and eyes. It has a gold trim, and he often wears a red half-cape with it. His head protector is located on his head, of course. On the right side of his chest, there is a patch of brown leather that he wears.

The shoes that he has, are somewhat boot-like. Ike is also somewhat short for someone his age. At one time, he used to be taller than others around him. Now, he stands at five feet, and eleven inches. He is often angered by this, because he is so close to reaching six feet in height.
Personality: Ike is the definition of stuck up. He thinks that he is better than everyone else. In reality, it is quite the opposite. He is over-confident. Even the way he walks just says "over confidence". He doesn't have a problem picking on younger people.

His posture is spunky, and stuck up. He walks with an air of confidence of himself. He constantly berates those who make mistakes. He also doesn't have a problem making trouble. This includes Stealing, and such.

Another thing, that he enjoys doing is bragging about his father. His father, is a skilled Water Ninja. He likes to make those in his village angry by saying so.

If he does, however, make a friend. Or a Partner in crime, he will always stick to that person. He will, as they say take a bullet for them. If there's one thing that Ike is not, it's a backstabber. A liar? Yes, but a traitor? No.

A good thing to also know is that you should never mess with Ike. Even though he may just seem like a big bully, or poser, he means business. He is rather emotional, and takes almost everything that someone says to him seriously.

On the other hand, when he is pulling someone's string...it's not as clear. Sometimes, it's personal. Other times, Isaac's trying to find someone to make himself feel good.

Ike also is not a coward. He doesn't pick on those who he thinks are weak. It's because even he has a sense of honor. When he pulls a prank, insults someone, it's usually because they did something he didn't like, or he's picking a fight.
Weapon:Ragnell is the name of Isaac's ultimate weapon.

The weapon itself is a large golden sword with a black hilt and handle. It has great power and accuracy, as well as being able to hit enemies from far away.

Race: Human

Elements: Lightning, soon to master water, and wind. That shall come up later in the RP (Water + Wind + Lightning = Storm)

Trinityliger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:49 pm

by the way, when will the IC be up?

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!