Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

3009 (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

3009 (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm

STORY AND INFO (MADATORY READING):

The year is 3009, the world has united under one country and flag. Democracy has failed, and monarchy is supreme. The Peopleā€™s Protection Force has replaced all military, police organizations and are the only citizens allowed to dictate the law. Almost every crime is punishable by death.
This is a story about a group of friends who live in New York, now a massive city encompassing almost triple itā€™s size in 2009. New York is divided into three parts, the Lower Commons, Middle District, and Government District.
LC (Lower Commons), where most of the public population resides (about 83%), is a shady and lawless world, PPF patrols are rare here but most criminal activities never leave the shadows for fear of a PPF Crusader Battalion, a gathering of the PPF forces in which a purging of any act deemed unlawful by PPF officers takes place in the Lower Commons.
The MD (Middle District) is a regularly patrolled area for the PPF. Mainly commercial, the MD is filled with shops and stores (Only 7% of the population actually live here). Back alleys are often filled with unmarked shops and basements catering less ā€˜publicizedā€™ items. Even with back alley fetish shops, it is nearly impossible to locate a firearm, ā€˜Sportingā€™ Stores (term for Gun stores) are often moved around by their owners to avoid detection, but teams of dedicated PPF officers hunt them down day and night. Another rarity in the MD (though not illegal) are bookstores. Writing anything is illegal unless you are directly sanctioned by government officials to do so, and even so, you can only write about what the Government says is ā€˜safeā€™. Bookstores are only allowed to sell books on the ā€˜Peopleā€™s Reading Listā€™, a list of books deemed safe for society.
The GD (Government District) is the most heavily patrolled PPF area, but it is often considered to be the least bound by law. Any citizen from the LC caught in the GD loses all personal rights. Rape and murder of LC residents caught in the area by Government employees or PPF officers who reside in the GD is not uncommon. Everything that has to do with anything or effects anyone is dealt with in the Government District. The HQ for Legal Offices, the Peopleā€™s Protection Force, and all other government offices of prominence reside here. Arch Minister, Comfrey J.K. Sturnright even has a private house in GD. This is where The Ten Laws were passed, the foundation for current society.

THE TEN LAWS
Obey all instructions given by a Government Official or PPF officer
Break no law set forth by Government Offices or PPF officers
Write no words unless sanctioned by the Department of Society Protection
Own no firearm capable of harming, or traumatizing, or affecting negatively, a Government Official or PPF officer
Do not read, sell, or posses books not on the Peopleā€™s Reading List
Make no attempt to leave your designated city of residence, unless the Office of Travel and Immigration sanction your leave
Do not reproduce unless the Office of Human Reproduction has issued a personal permit saying otherwise
Never exceed the number of children allotted by the Office of Human Reproduction
Participation in singing the national anthem with this Arch Minister everyday on Channel 1 at 6:00 AM is mandatory for all ages 4-130
All religion is strictly forbidden

To live in this time period and city is to live in one of fear, anger, and repression. This story follows the lives of friends, family, and the PPF who grip them in iron gauntlets of terror.

OPEN SLOTS:

(Citizens)
-(LC Family)
-(LC Family 2)
-(LC Family 3)
-(LC Family 4)
-(MD Family)
-(MD Family 2)

(PPF/Gov)
-(PPF Squad 1)
-(PPF Squad 2)

Character Sheet
Name:
Sex:
Family: y/n (If y, list wife/husband and children)
Career:
Vehicle: y/n (If y, what type)
Sexual Preference:
Short Biography:

RULES:
-At least 2 paragraphs per post
-At least 2 posts per week
-Respect other RPers OOC
-MUST BE 18+, Sexual Content Allowed
-If you are prone to depression, leave

(I'm actually just looking for opinions on the plot line at the moment, since this is my first, but if I get enough people to sign up I will go ahead with the RP story.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Incognito
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: 3009 (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeonWingedPhoenix on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Good show, my friend, good show.

I have thought about doing something aloung these lines for a while now,but I have not really figured out a proper way to approach it, seems you have beaten me to it.

While the idea of living the life of a family under such a fascist regime would be interesting { not so interesting in real life, mind you.} if you have read the book 1984 then that is very similar to what you are proposing {I could not finish the damn book because it was so depressing !}

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NeonWingedPhoenix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nezzera on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:57 am

Interesting. Very interesting.

I might join...
Maybe.
My Website!Hug Button!
ā™„ ā™„ ā™„ Syyrannezzera ā™„ ā™„ ā™„

Click here to visit Kuramia Academy

Nezzera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:29 am

This is looking awesome and I'll think I'll have a part to play. I'll start on the character profile when I get home from work.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Feel free to post any Character sheets, or ask any questions for that matter. If I get enough people to sign up I'll consider actually going forward with the RP plot.

Thanks for the comments by the way.

Incognito
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!