Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Crystal Dojo

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Crystal Dojo

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Hello every one! I'm new to the website and I've been looking around and well I think I have a good idea for a Rp. I have joined a few threads. But so far none have satisfied my hunger for violence. and this is my answer to it!
my idea has everything but romance! ...not saying that it is outlawed, but it is not in the plan for the rp. so let me run this by you and give me some feedback. Being as this is my first one I’m hosting here on this site I am looking for co-mods. in addition, im looking for a plethora of players!
So let me give you an outline of what it is.

Setting: Medieval
Style: School Base
Magic: Yes all forms

Let me clarify something right now. This is not a harry potter rip off game. This is a Dojo base. The majority of classes focus on combat. The various parts of combat: Rang, Mid and close. That also includes the magical spectrum as well.

Therefore, I do need experienced players that know the combat very well. I myself study daily various forms of martial arts IR. Therefore, I will base my character off myself. Nevertheless, he is not me. The plot for now is simple. Study and become stronger! I would like to get some players and action before I bring the plot into the web.

The Main Idea of this RP is for experienced players to help the less fornicate players in learning how to fight. The dojo is a triad there symbol is three pillars. One black one red and one white. they teach the balance of life, that everything has good and evil within them. However they understand that some are more drawn to others, and to control that they put them in their respected pillar class. Black=Evil Red=neutral and White=Good. The Black pillar teaches very destructive magic ya know like necromancy and violent hand to hand combat like boxing and Mui thai. the red teaches more of the passive style like jujitsu and elemental style magic. There focus is on soft and hard magic and hand to hand. A good balance of both. The White pillar teaches healing and holy type magic, focusing on soft hand style hand to hand combat such as kung fu and what not. Each master teaches there class in their own style of weapon combat. So it’s a free for all.
I will go into more detail later on. Right now, I just want to get an idea of how many people would like to join. If I get a hand full of people interested then I will get the details of the Dojo up.

The profiles I have in mind are a little more…in depth than the normal profile formats I see, so sorry for that. I do not mind if you add extra section onto it, just please keep to what I have up, nothing less.
I have no restrictions on races but please nothing like a hive of insects in a humanoid form…some what realistic. orcs elvs humans etc.

The Profile Formats:
(Bold, italic and underline it as you see fit :D)

~~~~Bio Information~~~~

Full Name:
Alias/Nickname:

Affiliation:
Race:
Nationality:
Sex:

Height:
Weight:
Eye color:
Hair color:
-Length:
-Style:

Personality: (this is optional but feel free to fill it out)

~~~~~~~~~~Combat~~~~~~~~~~~

Combat Abilities:
Hand to Hand: (what styles if any does he/she know of I.e. boxing)
Weaponry: (what styles of weapon fighting does he/she know if any i.e. escrima)
Magic: (if any what is it)

Main Weapon: (what it is and name)
Blade: (what type of blade )
Material: (what is it made of?)
Blade Length: (inches please)
Edge: (dull, fine, extra fine etc, be creative)
Handle: (what does the handle look like)
Guard’s: (what does the guards look like)
Butt: (what does the base look like)
Image: (optional)

(if more than one, copy past and repeat)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Magic~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(in depth of their magical powers and spells)

(if you want to add a history then insert it here with a clear separation)

This is a general idea of how many players I would like. Three Master, one for each pillar, these characters need to be played by people who are experienced in combat here on the site. I don’t care if there are more than two students per class but I would like to start off with at least two in each class before adding more.
-------------------------------------------------Members-----------------------------------------

White Pillar
Master:
Assistant:
Student:
Student:

Red Pillar
Master:
Assistant:
Student:
Student:

Black Pillar
Master:
Assistant:
Student:
Student:

<b>---------------------------------<I>Crystal Dojo[/i]-----------------------------------------[/b]

Secluded in a forested area is the Dojo started by a single master who then turned it over to the three masters. What you will see before you is a large stone wall that resembles a Europion castle skirt wall. This gray wall stands around 40 feet tall. A single set of iron double doors sit with in the wall facing east. Inside the great wall lies a number of vast gardens.

Beyond the gardens lies a single building. This building is divided in its unity. The first two floors are shaped in a crsasent moon shape. At its crest is a octagonal shaped tower that raises to frighting heights. At the top sits a lush private garden. But bellow the very ground deep under ground sits a vast man made magically formed square cavernous space. This space makes up the third part of the building. Complete with several floors and ventilation shafts.

The main door is two deep red doors with an odd sideways s etched in the wood, two pillars of black onyx hold the roof that covers the doors. Within this massive building a main chamber opens up to a three point sand garden the pillars of life at each point the Black being the farthest from the door the white is to the left and the red to the right. Behind each pillar is a large door leading to the teaching chambers of each pillar only the white and red teaching chambers are above ground. The black is deep beneath the main chamber of the dojo. The main chamber is tiled with gold encrusted white quartz. In the center of the main chamber is a large banner with the side ways s although it is rimmed in black red and white. The sand that encircles the pillars is a dull gray and the rim that holds the sand is of the same color. The building itself as for the most part f the constructed in what might be considered traditional Dojo style and typical European castle, the building is made of wood and also Stone constructed and reinforced with magic.
(Each master will have to describe their own teaching chamber )

The dorms
The rooms are simple one bed a small desk and chair. A set of cabinets for clothing and such, as well as a large window for light, their is electricity and one light in each room. As well as a bathroom in each one but it is vary small with no shower only a toilet.

Outside their are four buildings the closets to the main building is only one room it houses a large hot bath that is always warm and steaming. The bath itself is a large in ground stone tub at each corner of the tub is a large pylon with a glowing red crystal, this being how the water is kept hot. On the outside of this building is a changing room. The building itself looks like it was made of wood and the door is framed by two pillars of black onyx. This building has electrical power the bath is heated by the four low power mage crystals.

The building slightly away from the bath house is a planner looking one with one half being a dining area and the other being ware food is cooked or prepared. Simple tables are set up and the kitchen is fully equipped this building is also powered.

A large building sits near the gardens, they taking up about an two acres of land. The building is made of solid stone except the roof. The doors are made of a heavy metal the inside of the building is vary plan a sand floor, the building is used for power training and the inner and outer walls are encrusted with runes to hold it together and shield the out side from the inside. on some of the more explosive and intense exercises the walls will absorb the energies.

The last two are simple in design. Generally large roomed. The first one is a small medical room. including a ER room and two private rooms.

The last building is the armory which is heavily built and guarded. All weapons are stored here. Along side this building is a side room that holds all the gardening equipment.

-------------------------------- The Pillars----------------------------------------

The first and smallest pillar is made of pure white quartz this is the Pillar of birth and beginning those that train in this style are of normal calm and good healers. Their combat is of soft hands disarming and defense.
The second pillar is made of a ruby quartz, the color represents trials of life and the hate but also passion that can brew during ones life. The students of this pillar are passionate caring and normally good leaders. Their combat is a variety of styles that range from ground fighting to stand ups.
The third and final pillar is made of the purest black quartz this pillar is the end and death of all things, but not evil, although it is contained and shared through out the pillars students. The students of this pillar are rough beings quick tempered but deep within them their is a calmness that simply knowing that although their is an end their is also a beginning.

Together this pillars are called the Pillars Of Life.

----------------------------------- Pillar power-------------------------------

White - Healing, protection and holy control.

Red- Rage, elemental, and raw.

Black- Death, Resurrection and destruction.

Let me know what you think. Feed back is always enjoyable and welcomed. Thank you!
Last edited by Zivko on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth

Help me raise him, please! To feed him click on him.
I am the King of Kings. The original Savage Knight, not your prince charming, nor your knight in shining armor. I am simply me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zivko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Crystal Dojo

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Hold up. "Fornicate"?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:25 pm

I'll have a go. Hold on, I'll edit in the character profile in a second.

EDIT: Since I don't know what to expect from the other characters, I'll just fly blind for a minute... let me know if I need to change something!

~~~~Bio Information~~~~

Full Name: Daena of Ardenet
Alias/Nickname: none

Affiliation: Red Pillar
Race: human
Nationality: Elocin (fief, Ardenet)
Sex: F

Height: 5"5'
Weight: 125 lbs.
Eye color: green
Hair color: golden-red
-Length: to midback
-Style: straight
Body: She's skinny, with strong arms and legs but weaker core. Looks like an adolescent boy to an extent.
Clothing: She wears a white cotton tunic with a cloth belt and brown breeches.

Personality: Optional? I'll let her speak for herself in the IC, then...

Combat Abilities: excellent speed and endurance
Hand to Hand: tae-kwon-do style, some hapkido
Weaponry: knows fencing, jousting; two knives, a saber, a wooden staff
Magic: limited healing powers

Main Weapon: Aerynn (sword)
Blade: an inch and a half wide, very thin
Material: unknown (an ancient alloy designed not to scratch, rust, or snap)
Blade Length: 35 in
Edge: along the blade there is an inscription in ancient elven, which Daena doesn't understand; the blade is sharp enough to cut a hair that is laid across it
Handle: bound in black leather
Guards: none
Butt: a small gemstone - ruby - to store magical power, since Daena can't tolerate it within her own body.
History: found in an old mine that Daena was exploring with her father

Weapon: Rayano and Aidon (twin knives)
Blade: an inch wide, slightly thicker than Aerynn
Material: iron
Blade Length: 10 in
Edge: plain and flat; sharp
Handle: bound in black leather
Guards: decorated with celtic flowers
Butt: Each has a gemstone (amythest) for the same reason as Aerynn
History: Daena's father made these as a gift for her just before his death

Daena knows very little magic; since her body cannot tolerate magical energy being stored inside it, unlike most people, she can only use a limited amount. She has the ability to heal minor wounds, such as a shallow cut or a second degree burn, but can do nothing for critical wounds or fatal blows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~History~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daena lived with her parents in a small peasant village near the sea until she was allowed to train at the dojo starting a few months ago. Her father was a skilled blacksmith, so he taught her all he knew. One day, enemy forces rode through the village and burned everything and killed her father. Daena was left with her mother and next to nothing, so they began to travel, searching for a safe place to settle down, until Daena was recruited for the dojo.
Last edited by Music on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:26 pm

What's your question? And no fornication. Kissing holding hands yeah but all the xxx stuff take else where. I want this to be a thread of learning and teaching.

Zivko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:32 pm

I was just wondering about:

"The Main Idea of this RP is for experienced players to help the less fornicate players in learning how to fight."

Guessing it was a Freudian typo, then. Never mind, I shall cease to bother! Hope the roleplay goes well.

Baron Fowling
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 pm

I meant fortunate lol I totally missed that thanks buddy

Zivko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:07 pm

My character sheet's up; there were a few things I was uncertain about, but I did the best I could. Hope it'll do!

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Your character looks good! And yes women are allowed at the dojo. And yes you got it right on all the parts. Lol really easy right?

Zivko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Haha okay then... I'll go ahead and edit that so everything looks a tad more certain. And I'll erase that she's dressed as a guy all the time.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:27 pm

~~~~Bio Information~~~~

Full Name: Deimos Delmonte`
Alias/Nickname: Zues

Affiliation: Evil (Black Pillar)
Race: Unknown Most likely Human
Nationality: Unknown
Sex: Male

Height: Six foot
Weight: 185 lbs
Eye color: Hazel
Hair color: Black
-Length: Lower back
-Style: Combed free falling

Imagehttp://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/Eatheron/Evil.jpg

Personality: Unknown? But is said to be brutish, will not back down, strong willed.

Combat Abilities: high endurance,will power and constitution.
Hand to Hand: Mui tai kick boxing, Boxing, Karate, Jeet Kwan Do
Weaponry: European Martial art's(same style as Knights: includes longswords spears and bows as well as maces)
Magic: Kinesis

~~~~~~~~~~Weapons~~~~~~~~~~~

Main Weapon: (Enchanted) One Handed long sword
Blade: Black transparent Steal
Blade Length: 32 inches
Edge: Very fine
Handle: Black wood wrapped in thick black leather.
Guard's: two spikes that arch up.
Butt: a black steal balled up fist

Secondary: Twin Asp's (Extendable Batons)
Blade: Black steal
Blade Length: 24
Edge: Rounded Blunt
Handle: Black steal with a thick soft black layer of cushion
Guards: N/A
Butt: a black steal cap

ElectroKenisis: Ability to absorb, store, manifest, manipulate and project electrical energy.

Zivko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:49 pm

There don't seem to be enough people to have this RP. How should we get them?

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Oh I don't know :( this is my first attempt at hosting a rp. Do you have any ideas?

Zivko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Well, you could PM other people who you think are good RPers and ask what they think. Be sure to include the link. Or you could write the same sort of thing in your signature. And if there aren't many people after a week or so, you could post another "Roleplayers wanted" notice, with the basic info and a link. Other than that... :?

I think it's unfortunate that the thread has such a low rating. I'd help, but I have to wait fourteen days after account creation to rate stuff.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Souseiki on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:22 pm

~~~~Bio Information~~~~

Full Name: Blake Anders
Alias/Nickname: Accelerator

Affiliation: Neutral/Red Pillar
Race: Elf
Nationality: Canadian
Sex:Male

Height: 5'8
Weight: 160 lbs
Eye color: Turquoise
Hair color: Dark Brown
-Length: Short (?)
-Style: Shag

Personality:

Combat Abilities: Abnormal speed and lasting stamina
Hand to Hand: Capoeira, Taekwondo
Weaponry: Free-formed
Magic: Wind/Speed Combination

Main Weapon: [Flicker] Four identical Throwing Blades (Boomerang's 'throw and return' theory)
Blade: Silver Steel
Blade Length: 13.5 inches each
Edge: Fine
Handle: Thin brown leather wrapped around blades' steel
Image:

Secondary Weapon: [Break] Scimitar
Blade: Gray Steel
Blade Length: 28 inches
Edge: Very Fine
Handle: Brown leather wrapped around
Guard’s: Thin black hexagonal
Butt: Golden steel ball
Image:

Wind: Ability to control, generate, or absorb air or wind.
Speed: Ability to move at speeds much faster than a normal human. (Speed of sound at best)

Did I mess up? >.<
Last edited by Souseiki on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watch the rhythm, feel the moment

Souseiki
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Well I like it just two things one is the tennis player... Its not modern times. Second and this is for every one the Nationality is also for fictional places like elvin kingdoms lol. But other wise good. And you do know that original hunting boomerangs had a blade just FYI. But I like it.
Oh and no character image? But its all good. I like it and accepted. :D

Zivko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Souseiki on Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Shoot, I'll fix it. We were supposed to have a character image..? If we need one I can edit in an image too while I'm fixing it.

Souseiki
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:53 am

I'm somewhat interested, and while I'm not boasting my fighting skills, I do know a thing or two, primarily about fighting with powers or magic. There ARE a few things that caught my eye though, you say medieval setting (I take it you mean a fantasy setting wherein there's little technology) but mention electricity and ventilation. What's up with that?

Also, is the magic system resembling Final Fantasy's? I'm just saying that after reading the gist of each pillar.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:39 am

Well Safisan, your skills and experience will be very much welcomed as a assistant for the white pillar. :D
the electricity and ventilation is powered by magic! :D can't be living in the stone age.
And yes fantisy world vary vary little technology.

As far as. The magic I was thinking free for all so we can learn all the different styles. But again its up to the masters on what They would want to teach.

The pillars are just metaphors ya know? They have no power.

Any other questions?

Zivko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:21 am

~~~~Bio Information~~~~

Full Name: Father Ralus Vensetta III
Alias/Nickname: Father/Reverend Ralus

Affiliation: White Pillar
Race: Enlightened: a member of any species may become an Enlightened through rigorous meditation and training - the aspiring must achieve a perfect balance with every aspect of their life, achieving a realistic form of enlightenment that centers not around the spirit, but the being itself. At this point, the entity's natural abilities are greatly enhanced in proportion to the closest meditation he's had (that is, the closer and longer his last meditation was, the further the increase). There are no visible signs of being one, save for a comforting gleam in the eyes, thus, his appearance is that of your ordinary human.
Nationality: Mountain of the Sages: in reality a mountain range consisting of at least seven gargantuan spikes that jut from the earth. Located in an eastern island, remote and unknown to most, as such, it has no proper name.
Sex: male

Height: 5'9
Weight: 136
Eye color: gray
Hair color: a lighter tone of gray, nearing white
-Length/Style: little to none, Father Ralus keeps his hair very short all over, with slightly more abundant growth on the top.

Occupation: being a retired high priest, he lives off a modest pension, as well as the occasional student sent to him from his birthplace to be trained under his ways.
Personality: odd, to say the least. For someone who keeps his everything in balance as much as possible, he's definitely not bland; the years have made him, if anything, a sweet old grandpa that enjoys the look on whippersnappers' faces when they take a beating.

Combat Abilities: particular experience in mixed martial arts have made him keen on reading an opponent's movements and being aware of their state of mind and body, outside of this, he benefits from his nature, being an Enlightened increasing his prowess with close ranged combat as well as using holy magic.
Hand to Hand: it's a mixed style, brought to the Mountain of the Sages by what few travelers could arrive. To this day, it's a mixture between wrestling and kick-boxing, with its finer, deadlier forms incorporating the use of advanced magic. Dubbed Holy Fist as a colloquial name by outsiders that know of its existence.
Weaponry: self-taught techniques using a quarterstaff, also utilizing holy magic for its full realization.
Magic: Holy Magic

Main Weapon: metallic quarterstaff
Blade: N/A
Material: Starsteel-Dyo alloy, the former a strong, lightweight metal and the latter a semi-metal that brings a heavy resistance to conventional magic at the price of turning the staff slightly heavier.
Blade Length: the staff itself is somewhere around 55"
Edge: lacking one, the Dyo cover aids it to resist beatings from the strongest of warhammers to the sharpest of blades with minimal damage.
Handle: N/A
Guard’s: N/A
Butt: each tip is smoothened out and covered in Dyo as well, serving as a stabbing weapon at a distance, if only through blunt damage.

Holy Magic: consisting of using one's spiritual energy to either heal on any level (that is, physical, biological, mental or spiritual), defend the caster or produce devastating attacks. Due to his heightened state, the need to cast Holy Magic's aspect of increasing abilities is seldom used, but possible nonetheless.

To put in layman's terms, the higher leveled magical users of this branch are capable of attacking, healing and 'buffing', with primary emphasis on the second.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zivko on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Accepted. looks nice.

If no one else joins by Tuesday then i will make a few minor changes. I will also open the IC thread that day if not then the day after that. Sounds good to every one?
One: the school will be lead by one master
Two: the three pillars will still be separate but taught as one
Three: every one will be put into just one pillar class. No longer separated by the pillars but united as one
if this happens then the ranking will look like this:

Master: Father Ralus Vensetta III (Safisan )
Assistant: Deimos Delmonte' (me)
Student: Daena of Ardenet (music10111)
Student:Blake Anders (Souseiki )
Student:

hopefully more will join if so then improvements can always happen, right?

Zivko
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!